Mysterious Circumstances (pm to discuss joining)

Natalia shrugged, "Sure, but make it a quickie, guys. I'm hungry."
 
Last edited:
April sighed, kissed Austin on the ear, and massaged his back gently while he half dozed, half woke up. "Sweetie, I need coffee." She complained after ten minutes. "Breakfast time. Come on."
 
Alec drove with Rita McFeen and Hilde in the same cart as he, to meet up with others from the Council at the landing area in the new Village on Infinity Isle. He was pleased to see Jason already there waiting for them. He left the two women and went to stand near his son.
 
Alec drove with Rita McFeen and Hilde in the same cart as he, to meet up with others from the Council at the landing area in the new Village on Infinity Isle. He was pleased to see Jason already there waiting for them. He left the two women and went to stand near his son.

Jason nodded to his father and then bowed politely to the two women as they took the seats that had been set up for the occasion. He looked around and saw that most of the village of Infinity was beginning to make it's way up to the new village and file into the viewing area.

The morning was taking on a festive atmosphere and he smiled.He actually wondered how long that would last. He gave it maybe two minutes after his father's speech of welcome. He had heard it and he would be up in arms about it as well. Although it was all covered by flowery words it basically told the newcomers they were to be effective prisoners here until mates could be selected for them and they could be shipped out to them.

There was no forethought given as to any prior relationships they had or may have formed on board or what their wishes may be. He shook his head and wondered for the hundredth time how bad it was going to get.

"So dad, you still going ahead with that speech of yours? I just want to be prepared for the reaction from the public is all. There are a few more people turning up than I thought so we may have to move them back a little way so they don't crowd you and drown out your words," he smiled. Actually he was moving them back for safety reasons but his dad didn't need to know that.
 
May smiled at Kate's words. She sat down on the seat Kate patted on, and explained her training, "It went good, I found out things I didn't think was possible, I feel like a engineer" she joked. She continued on "No, I didn't receive any side..." Her words faded off as she remembered her deadly nightmares. Her smile was off her face. Then she smiled a soft smile "No, no side effects."
 
April sighed, kissed Austin on the ear, and massaged his back gently while he half dozed, half woke up. "Sweetie, I need coffee." She complained after ten minutes. "Breakfast time. Come on."

"Fine." He groaned sitting up and squinting in the bright light. "But can you eat in our room? I want to enjoy my last hours in a real bed." Austin said pulling on his pants.

================================================================

Erik and Adrianna enjoyed one last quickie, and after fifteen minutes Erik, Natalia, and Adrianna were all making their way to the kitchen. "So what do you think it's going to be like in the colony?" Erik asked as the three made their way through the park towards the library. "I don't know, but I hope the have lots of reelgies in the ocean. Frozen ones aren't very good." Adrianna said. "And snappers too. Human fish are really good too." She said as she rolled her ball along.
 
Ooc: Sorry for the wait. Ive been ill and had a houseguest over the weekend so I'm playing catch up. I'll get a post up within 24 hours.
 
April was going to just grab some food and hide away with Austin but once she saw nearly everyone assembled in the dining room, even Adrianna and Sally present, she pulled Austin by the hand, urging him to come with her to the gathering.

Kate found herself looking around at them all feeling responsible for them and each of their potential. She had to make sure she got them all safely down to the colony and transitioned to their new lives as easily and smoothly as possible. Feeling a bit emotional about it all, she found herself teary eyed. "This is it. Soon, we'll be residents on a whole new world. How...well, exciting, intimidating, interesting... Scary... I just want to say good luck to you all and I'm endeavoring to be at my best for you all, today, and as long as I'm able to be of service."
 
May wanted to hug her, or pat Kate's back, but not used to any physical or emotional affection, had caused her to forget any sorts of comfort, or reassuring words. "Hey uhh.. It's okay, the landing will do great, and I'm sure... You'll all be okay, and so will you Kate." She smiled a little.
 
Austin begrudgingly followed April into the dining room and sat down next to her. He wanted nothing more than to drag her to their room and curl up next to her and sleep until they made it to the planet, but it looked like everyone else wanted a touchy-feely morning.

The group listened to Kate's speech in silence. Then after she finished Erik stood up. "Kate. You're the best leader we could've hoped for. You've looked out for all of us, and we all know you'll keep watching our backs." Erik smiled and raised his glass of juice into the air. "Here's to Kate! Our fearless leader!" Erik shouted before chugging his drink. Everyone else shouted as well and drank a toast to Kate.

After the celebration had died down some Erik looked to Kate. "So what's the plan for today?"
 
Austin begrudgingly followed April into the dining room and sat down next to her. He wanted nothing more than to drag her to their room and curl up next to her and sleep until they made it to the planet, but it looked like everyone else wanted a touchy-feely morning.

The group listened to Kate's speech in silence. Then after she finished Erik stood up. "Kate. You're the best leader we could've hoped for. You've looked out for all of us, and we all know you'll keep watching our backs." Erik smiled and raised his glass of juice into the air. "Here's to Kate! Our fearless leader!" Erik shouted before chugging his drink. Everyone else shouted as well and drank a toast to Kate.

After the celebration had died down some Erik looked to Kate. "So what's the plan for today?"

Kate shrugged, finishing a glass of chocolate milk. "In about five minutes we pack what we want to bring, leave them in the domed area, then head to our pod attached to this ship's bridge. You all, strap in and hold tight. April and I will stay alert and, between us, get the pod and dome to the planet, hopefully, all intact and unharmed. We have very little information about what to expect once we get down there except knowledge that they are expecting us and we've been trained to fill necessary posts down there. We have the means to stay in contact no matter where on this world we each end up." She pointed to her ear and the communication device within. "So, we should try to remember to use them....and, stick together as much as we can. We may not always get along but we're all we've got left. We're family, now. Whatever happens, we should always try to be there to help each other, especially if things get prickly between established colony citizens and ourselves...We stick together and help each other. Alright?"

There was agreement murmured amongst the group.

"Finish up, people. I'll see you all on the bridge in five." She said, leaving the table to grab a data pad containing the earth vids she had insisted get created when they'd found out they'd never return to it. She had to get herself busy to stave off nerves and over emotional reactions. She packed her favorite clothes from the wardrobe and gave the box to David. "My wardrobe, I guess, to bring with us. Could you put this in the library for now?" She asked him.

It was time for her to head to her piloting station and mentally rehearse one last time.
 
Jason looked around the area one more time. All the Council had finally arrived and was seated on the temporary seats that had been erected. The small crowd that had gathered had been herded behind the barricades by a few of the larger farmers he had co opted for the occasion and they were now retreating to the safety zone as well. All carts and buggies and other vehicles had been moved to the far end of the clearing and all animals had been locked in the barn. He was disappointed but not surprised that some people had chosen to disobey the rule of not bringing any animals up here today. Still if they got spooked and ran away or died it was their problem.

Everything looked in order and he checked his timepiece. The people were due any time now and he looked up to the sky to see if he could spot any sign of them.
 
Austin and April went into their room and began to pack all the clothing they needed. They packed mostly sensible functional clothing, but Austin convinced April to pack some lingerie and a few other sexy outfits. The couple left their room and met Erik and Natalia in the hallway. Erik was wearing a bright smile that led Austin to believe the other man had won a similar argument about Natalia's clothing.

"So this is it?" Erik wondered aloud. "The last time we'll be on the ship. Soon were going to be shoveling shit. I always wanted to live like a Viking, but I'm also a fan of air conditioning." Erik joked as the group made their way to the drop ship.

Austin secured his and April's bags before strapping himself in between Natalia and Adrianna. Erik sat on the other side of Natalia, and the four of the watched as Kate and April rushed about the ship making preparations.

"Do you think the others will like me?" Adrianna asked Austin as she nervously circled the inside of her transport ball. "How could they not?" Austin reassured her, much more worried about how the colonists would react to him than their opinions of the sweet mermaid.

David walked around the ship making sure everyone was accounted for before strapping himself into a seat. "Is everything ready?" He asked Kate.
 
After showering, she put makeup on, the usual that made her look pale. And then normal makeup, the eye makeup she usually put on. She got dressed into some black combat boots, with grey denim skinny jeans with rips, and another black spaghetti tank top, she packed convient clothes, and with Cy on her heels, went into the drop ship.

May sat into a seat, with Cy on her lap, squirming and whineing about apples. May grew irritated quickly and turned Cy off. She strapped Cy along with her. Everyone was strapped in a seat. She didn't need to ask Kate if they were ready, as she rushed around the ship. Mays stomach turned, she didn't know the people down there, all she knew was there were people. And she didn't know the men... She wondered if there were any high places on the planet. She just closed her eyes. And hoped they would make it down alright.
 
...Kate was on open comm again only this was no practice run. Her mic transmitted to all ears and the ship's bridge as she and the androids in command of the ship orchestrated system by system release of the pod and domed trailer from the main ship. "Android Command, this is Commander McHugh requesting permission to take the pod to the specified target area. Do you copy?"

"Copy that, Commander McHugh. We're going to set you up with a countdown from five. At zero please proceed to the coordinates specified in your instruction represented by a large, red X on screen."

"Understood Android Command. Ready when you are."

"And...Controls are yours in five...four...three...two...one...zero. Good luck."

...

...The drop ship grew cold as Kate took over and began to steer. Her focus was on the trailing cargo, keeping both vessels moving smoothly toward the targeted area. "Ok, folks, it should take us less than a half hour to get to the specified area at this speed. I'll try going faster in a few minutes when we're all comfortable. I'll increase velocity at the sound of all eleven "Go"'s."
 
Last edited:
April, taking the cue, called out, "Commander Foster,going on record stating that all systems are clear. Go, Kate."

Natalia looked to April, who nodded at her to continue and called out, "Go!"

"Go!" Shouted out Aziz and Yuet nearly at once, giggling conspiratorialy afterward.

Adrianna was excited to join in. "Ready, Go, Kate!" She called out.
 
"I'm good to go." Shouted David in a calm tone.

"Hell yea! Speed this thing up! Go go go!" Shouted Erik excitedly.

"Fuck it. Go." Austin groaned into his comm. The simulation hadn't been nearly as bad as the actual ship, and Austin was feeling pretty sick.
 
"...and we go!" Kate said, letting her left arm send the message to the throttle as her right hand steered and they raced forward.

The journey had begun in earnest. A flash of light behind them showed the spaceship they were no longer linked to opening a portal and winking through it, leaving them behind to get to their destination on their own. Beneath them, a large blue planet waited. Kate's job was to find the five small landmasses and identify the correct one in time to commit course and slow on the descent.

It took a few minutes before April found the islands and put the coordinates of the right one up on the main screen where Kate could then find and use them. At this point, they were entering the atmosphere. They'd made good time so far, just fourteen minutes since detach.

Now, the landing...
 
May clenched her teeth. It was now time for landing. Landing in the middle of nowhere or in front of a whole planet. Her stomach turned.
 
"You've got this Kate. Just bring us in nice and steady." David said into his comm. He knew Kate could bring them in safely. There wasn't a single doubt in David's mind.
 
Back
Top