Damsels in Distress

Lordsmythe

Experienced
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Posts
87
I'd like to know women's opinions on this. I write on here now and then - currently writing new stuff. What I enjoy is writing"damsel in distress" stories - no dragons, but in a modern sense. Being into bondage and damsel situations, how common are such fantasies - mostly what used to be called "detective bondage", basically with the heroine a victim of robbery/kidnap/enslavement/thriller?
 
I like some distress, but I don't like my victims being non consenting. I tend to have them walk willingly into a contract, or even instigate the kidnapping or capture themselves. Once it's in motion, there's no way out, but my victims are possessed of un-plumbable depths of appetite and don't want out. They just want to be sure that they can beg for mercy and not be listened to. ;)

Anything that starts with an unwilling woman? I won't read it. I detest Stockholm Syndrome plots. Unwilling man either.
 
Wow, that brings back memories.

In my teens and early twenties I used to fantasize "damsel in distress" stuff all the time! Not non-consent, but where the damsel was rescued by the knight in shining armor. Later I moved on to non-consent (the kind we're the heroine is secretly enjoying being ravished :D). Now, I mostly seemed to fantasize about submission.

I haven't read much in that genre for years; guessing it went out of style. I can see where a modern version - if well handled - could be appealing. For both men and woman. :)

Good luck in your writing!
 
I'd like to know women's opinions on this. I write on here now and then - currently writing new stuff. What I enjoy is writing"damsel in distress" stories - no dragons, but in a modern sense. Being into bondage and damsel situations, how common are such fantasies - mostly what used to be called "detective bondage", basically with the heroine a victim of robbery/kidnap/enslavement/thriller?

Damsel in distress? That's me in my fantasy! :D

I always thought of a girl being a victim of the vices you mentioned and then being broken into a slave and made to like everything that is done to her. Breaking her will is an interesting sport, but conventional BDSM is about consensual submission. But there are poeple like me who like both non-consent and BDSM.

And again in the ravishment fantasy, we have various permutations and combinations, if you know what I mean. :D

And we have a "Non-consent" category here, so you can go ahead with your story. I would love to read.

As soon as I find time, I myself am going to write a story on this concept.
 
I have a fantasy that involves being mugged/hit by a car or something similar, but, not seriously injured, and being "rescued" by a man who then takes me back to his conveniently nearby apartment to recover. Sometimes, he's a doctor or a paramedic, because, you know...he has to fix my cuts and scrapes. ;)

He then goes on to rescue me in an entirely different way altogether.

Not sure if this is the kind of scenario you are looking for?
 
'Damsel in distress' may be enjoyable if she is consenting variety of damsel. I tend to become enamored with the villains and I find myself wishing the hero would never arrive! Also, it is helpful when the Damsel isn't a flimsy-witted hysterical nincompoop. Otherwise, I just want to read about bad things happening to her.
 
Absolutely - a weak heroine is less interesting than one who is feisty, has her own strong personality. Otherwise it doesn't work for me.
 
Well, here's a twist to suggest: Maybe she is taken against her will, but the villain has no particular interest in ravishing her. He just wants a hostage, or wants to interrogate her for some information he needs, etc. She could be bound, tortured, etc. without the rape thing that bugs some folks (in real life, rape is of course quite bad, but in fantasy lots of things you'd never want to do in real life can be explored).

And then the crux of the story could be about the daring hero (or heroine, it's the 21st century) who comes to rescue the damsel and they flee into the countryside to hide in the woods from the bad guys or whatever and things proceed from there.
 
I've read a couple really great stories involving women who were kidnapped and kept as pets by sort-of sympathetic aliens, with no sex involved.

Of course I don't really care if they're women or not, they just have to be small and cute, and with a poor understanding of their own boundaries like me. :V
 
Back
Top