Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A healthy shot or two of rum in your tea warms you right up, eh? :D

Well, I prefer Rum in theCoffee; I'll have some scotch (grim stuff), in the tea, thanks.

Back in my serious sailing days, rum and fruitcake was a favourite breakfast. :D

Fruitcake ?
Thank for the reminder; I must get some for the Xmas holiday.
And, yes, with a little Rum added. :)

A healthy shot or two of rum in your tea warms you right up, eh? :D

Well, I prefer Rum in theCoffee; I'll have some scotch (grim stuff), in the tea, thanks.

Back in my serious sailing days, rum and fruitcake was a favourite breakfast. :D

Fruitcake ?

Fruitcake ?

I remember getting into my grandmother's stash of powdered rum balls when I was maybe 5 or 6. Never caught a cold that winter. :D

I remember getting into my grandmother's stash of powdered rum balls when I was maybe 5 or 6. Never caught a cold that winter. :D

I used to raid the 'Christmas fruit cake' mixing bowl before it went into the wash.
I loved that mixture !

I have no recollection of Stir-Up Sunday. But then, according to my (devout) paternal grandmother, I became an atheist on a sunny Sunday afternoon in the early 1950s. :)

I remember my Mum going quietly mad in the kitchen making the Christmas Pud. It was the only time that a great deal of metalwork appeared on the stove, as I recall.
But Christmas pud ? Oh, yes please; with cream !

I remember my Mum going quietly mad in the kitchen making the Christmas Pud. It was the only time that a great deal of metalwork appeared on the stove, as I recall.
But Christmas pud ? Oh, yes please; with cream !

And a mince pie to finish. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back