Spotlight on Rebekah Mercer

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
Rebekah Mercer, 43, a former Wall Street trader, lives with her family in a sprawling triplex in a Trump-branded condominium on Manhattan's Upper West Side and sits on the boards of the American Museum of Natural History and the Heritage Foundation. She and her two sisters also run an online gourmet cookie company.

She is the most political of Mercer's three daughters, largely directing where the family puts its resources, and is known in conservative circles for her unyielding and skeptical questioning of candidates and established political operatives.

One of the biggest beneficiaries of the Mercers' donations over the past eight years has been the conservative watchdog Media Research Center, which collected $13.5 million from the Mercer Family Foundation between 2008 and 2014, tax records show.

The center's projects include a website called CNSNews.com that publishes stories it says are ignored by the mainstream media - an early precursor to Breitbart News.

The Mercers' partnership with Bannon began in 2011, thanks to an encounter that Robert and Rebekah had with Andrew Breitbart.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-mercers-bannon-trump-20170318-story.html

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...hedge-fund-tycoon-behind-the-trump-presidency

Rebekah Mercer's dad-

Magerman told the Wall Street Journal that Mercer’s political opinions “show contempt for the social safety net that he doesn’t need, but many Americans do.” He also said that Mercer wants the U.S. government to be “shrunk down to the size of a pinhead.” Several former colleagues of Mercer’s said that his views are akin to Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand. Magerman told me, “Bob believes that human beings have no inherent value other than how much money they make. A cat has value, he’s said, because it provides pleasure to humans. But if someone is on welfare they have negative value. If he earns a thousand times more than a schoolteacher, then he’s a thousand times more valuable.”

Another former high-level Renaissance employee said, “Bob thinks the less government the better. He’s happy if people don’t trust the government. And if the President’s a bozo? He’s fine with that. He wants it to all fall down."

The eldest Mercer daughter, Jennifer, or Jenji, attended Stanford. Rebekah, the middle daughter, enrolled at Cornell and then transferred to Stanford. Majoring in biology and math, she graduated in 1996; a few years later, she got an M.A., in operations research. The youngest daughter, Heather Sue, “was the spitfire,” D’Andraia recalled.


https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage



Government Accountability Institute.

Bannon co-founded it with $2m of Mercer’s money. Mercer’s daughter, Rebekah, was appointed to the board. Then they invested in expensive, long-term investigative journalism. “The modern economics of the newsroom don’t support big investigative reporting staffs,” Bannon told Forbes magazine. “You wouldn’t get a Watergate, a Pentagon Papers today, because nobody can afford to let a reporter spend seven months on a story. We can. We’re working as a support function.”

2015, Steve Bannon described to Forbes how the GAI operated, employing a data scientist to trawl the dark web (in the article he boasts of having access to $1.3bn worth of supercomputers) to dig up the kind of source material Google can’t find. One result has been a New York Times bestseller, Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich, written by GAI’s president, Peter Schweizer and later turned into a film produced by Rebekah Mercer and Steve Bannon.

This, Bannon explained, is how you “weaponise” the narrative you want. With hard researched facts. With those, you can launch it straight on to the front page of the New York Times, as the story of Hillary Clinton’s cash did. Like Hillary’s emails it turned the news agenda, and, most crucially, it diverted the attention of the news cycle. Another classic psyops approach. Strategic drowning” of other messages.

March 17, 2017

http://www.wweek.com/news/2017/03/1...as-president-trumps-national-science-adviser/


Today, in-depth stories in the New Yorker magazine, as well as the Huffington Post's enterprise reporting section, Highline, reveal how the Mercers ran a prototype of their new model right-wing campaign in Oregon seven years ago—with Arthur Robinson, a right-wing Cave Junction chemist who lost several bids for Congress.

There's another bit of news buried deep in the New Yorker story.

Rebekah Mercer has suggested to President Trump that Robinson be named national science adviser but, according to the magazine, this proposal "has gone nowhere" with Trump, much like her advocacy for "a return to the
gold standard."

binson lost his 2010 campaign against US Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.) with 43 percent of the vote. WW took note of his connections to wealthy climate-change deniers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/mercer-bannon/


The Mercers and Stephen Bannon: How a populist power base was funded and built


The wealthy GOP donors and Trump’s chief strategist collaborated on at least five ventures.


author of article,Matea Gold
March 17, 2017

Rebekah Mercer,


She is the most political of Mercer’s three daughters, largely directing where the family puts its resources, and is known in conservative circles for her unyielding and skeptical questioning of candidates and established political operatives.


Trump himself paid homage to the family in December, weeks before moving into the White House, when he attended the Mercers’ elaborate annual costume party at their Long Island mansion. In a nod to the “Villains and Heroes” theme, Rebekah Mercer dressed like the Black Widow and her father as Mandrake the Magician, a comic-book superhero known for hypnotizing his targets.

Trump — who did not wear a costume — told the crowd that when the famously taciturn Robert Mercer urged him to hire Bannon and Conway last August, he knew he should listen because Mercer so rarely speaks, according to people in attendance.
 
Rebekah Mercer's dad...

"Bob thinks the less government the better. He’s happy if people don’t trust the government. And if the President’s a bozo? He’s fine with that. He wants it to all fall down."

The Definition of 'Trumpery'

Spoiler alert: The dictionary definition of the word 'trumpery' employs such expressions as 'deceit,' 'fraud,' and 'showy but worthless

The list of synonyms for trumpery leaves nothing to the imagination:

balderdash
baloney
bilge
blather
claptrap
codswallop
drivel
foolishness
garbage
hogwash
humbuggery
stupidity
tommyrot
twaddle

The Merriam-Webster web site explains:

Trumpery derives from the Middle English trompery and ultimately from the Middle French tromper, meaning “to deceive.” (You can see the meaning of this root reflected in the French phrase trompe-l’oeil literally, “deceives the eye”-which in English refers to a style of painting with photographically realistic detail.) Trumpery first appeared in English in the mid-15th century with the meanings “deceit or fraud” (a sense that is now obsolete) and “worthless nonsense.” Less than 100 years later, it was being applied to material objects of little or no value. The verb phrase trump up means “to concoct with the intent to deceive,” but there is most likely no etymological connection between this phrase and trumpery.


http://www.snopes.com/definition-of-trumpery/
 
In-depth reporting about people who think that there is no in-depth reporting. Nice.
 
More creeps. The web is huge. Thanks for the intro.

Rebekah Mercer's dad keeps himself busy-


Robert Mercer, the hedge fund tycoon known for heavily funding the Trump campaign, seems to also own and support a Beverly Hills production company that funds “alt-right provocateur” (read: racist fuckwit) Milo Yiannopoulos’ speaking tour.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/donald-trump-spins-himself-into-a-wall-blames-healthca-1793619732

This quote from the link: "We all know the GOP replacement to the Affordable Care Act was snuffed out of existence this afternoon in a glorious fart of incompetence."

is just gorgeous.

Other than that, ugh, ugh, ugh.
 
"(Steve Bannon) ...reportedly threatened to quit, and it took Rebekah Mercer, the silent billionaire Breitbart investor who had backed Trump, to convince Bannon to stay on yesterday, saying that achieving their shared nationalistic goals was a “long-term play” and that he needed to remain. “If Bannon leaves the White House, Bekah’s access and influence shrinks dramatically,” a G.O.P. operative told Politico."

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/bannon-threatens-to-quit-white-house
 
Rebekah Mercer Publicly Breaks With Steve Bannon

But the statement, a rare public one from Rebekah Mercer, leaves a lot to the imagination about when and where her family stopped being a benefactor to Bannon's efforts. It's not clear when Mercer and Bannon last spoke, multiple people told BuzzFeed News.


After leaving the White House, Bannon reportedly spent five days in Long Island meeting with the Mercers.


Billionaires Bob and Rebekah Mercer say they've cut Steve Bannon off from the millions that have kept him a key player in right-wing politics and in the White House over the last year.

"I support President Trump and the platform upon which he was elected," Rebekah Mercer said in a statement Thursday, distancing herself from Bannon following the release of excerpts from a forthcoming book in which Bannon is critical of the president's son.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tarinipart...steve-bannon?utm_term=.nw39xGnw2b#.yyG0Eb8nL6
 
Rebekah Mercer essay in the Wall Street Journal

Among all the denials, is her support of "states rights." (Code for bigotry, racism, discrimination, and marginalization of the poors.)

She wants "reduced government." Trump is reducing the government offices, reducing the money set aside for the voters in America. He gave some of it to Rebekah Mercer(beautiful tax break, ect.) Trump is giving more money to the Pentagon, as soon as he can kill off a few more programs that benefit the poors.

https://jezebel.com/rebekah-mercer-is-full-of-shit-1823073281


Incensed over the charges that she is complicit in supporting race-baiting bigotry and neo-Nazis, Rebekah Mercer wrote an op-ed to proclaim her love of liberal stuff, and waved her expensive science degrees as evidence of her philanthropic crockpot of shit. Whatever.


https://wonkette.com/629801/bullets-trump-thoughts-prayers-again-wonkagenda-for-thurs-feb-15-2018



Reduced chances for disabled people to fight for their rights-


There are no damages available under the ADA—only attorneys’ fees and injunctive relief, which removes the specific barrier they’re contesting. Litigation is time-consuming, attorneys are expensive, and people with disabilities are too busy leading their lives to file endless lawsuits.

People with disabilities face barriers everyday: inaccessible restrooms, inaccessible medical equipment, inaccessible parking lots, inaccessible entrances, and inaccessible tables at restaurants. But instead of fixing those problems, H.R. 620 would force people who have historically faced the most marginalization and discrimination in society to become legal code experts and navigate a byzantine bureaucratic process before being able to assert their rights under the ADA. The specifics of this bill might look different in the final version, but no cosmetic modifications can change the fact that it’s predicated on a faulty premise. As a matter of law and justice, businesses owe it to people with disabilities to proactively ensure access—not the other way around.


https://www.aclu.org/blog/disabilit...ill-will-roll-back-rights-people-disabilities
 
SCL Group

In 2013, Robert Mercer partnered with a British firm called SCL Group and its elections director Alexander Nix to test SCL's methodology in Virginia's governor's race, as the New York Times reported. Their candidate, Republican Ken Cuccinelli, lost. But the Mercers moved forward with a political data strategy anyway, partnering with Nix to create Cambridge Analytica, which would use SCL's data and methodology for political work.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/blues...bridge-analytica-facebook-20180320-story.html

Let Us Play The Shell Game!

Which shell is hiding the machinery that mines the data, and plays nice with Putin ?


EMERDATA LIMITED (shell company replacing the Cambridge Analytica shell company- same board of directors, ect.)

Nature of business (SIC)

63110 - Data processing, hosting and related activities


Alexander Nix

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/03/alexander-nix-suspended-cambridge-analytica

https://www.wired.com/story/cambridge-analytica-suspends-alexander-nix-amid-scandals/

Rebekah Anne Mercer, director as of March 16, 2018

Emerdata Ltd was created by SCL/Cambridge Analytica's Julian Wheatland, with Erik Prince's business partner Chun Shun Ko appointed director Jan '17 - just added Rebekah Mercer & Jennifer Mercer as directors, along w/Alexander Nix HT


Wendy Siegelman
@WendySiegelman
·
4h
UPDATE: a new company related to the SCL/Cambridge Analytica & Mercer Emerdata has been created - Firecrest Technologies Limited, incorporated on March 7, 2018, Alexander Nix is director, Emerdata is ‘person with significant control


endy Siegelman
@WendySiegelman
·
Dec 18
Julian Wheatland, CEO of SCL Group Ltd, parent of Cambridge Analytica, has two new roles (neither appears connected to CA/SCL) - Company Director of Fanalytica Limited as of 27 Oct 2017 & Chief Operating Office of Emerdata Ltd as of 11 Aug 2017

Wendy Siegelman
@WendySiegelman
Fanalytica Limited was incorporated 8 Sept 2017, business is described as "Other information service activities not elsewhere classified" - and is more than 75% owned by Damian Michael Mcshane
 
Good gracious! I must give credit, where it is due.

It was Wonkette that pointed me in the direction of the Mercer family.

https://wonkette.com/631513/steve-b...mbridge-analytica-rubbed-em-all-over-his-junk


It’s useful to remember that Cambridge Analytica is just the U.S. branch of the British company SCL Group, especially since a “new” company under a new name is suddenly emerging from CA’s rubble, and weirdly it has all the same board members as CA, like Alexander Nix and Rebekah Mercer, whose heart is just BROKEN APART by this scandal and who has declared she is staying on the board of CA, because she wants to be “part of the solution,” hahahahahaha go fuck yourself, Rebekah Mercer.

(Who is this mysterious member of the board, from Seychelles?)

Know who else is a director of the “new” company? Oh just a guy named Johnson Chun Shun Ko, who is ERIK PRINCE’S BUSINESS PARTNER. You know, that Erik Prince, the Blackwater psycho who lies to Congress about his Trump-Russia conspiracy meetings in the Seychelles, whose brother-in-law Dick DeVos, traditional heterosexual matrimonial boning partner of Betsy, owns Spectrum Health, which is one of only two entities that mysterious Trump Organization server in Pennsylvania ever communicated with, the other being Alfa Bank in Russia.

(Why was there so many secret trips, and communications to Russia ?)




Cambridge Analytica denied wrongdoing in the Channel 4 investigation. But the hidden-camera video was quite damning.

The footage, though, was a bit grainy. So here is a clearer shot of Nix, snapped during a polo match in which he played on July 28, 2016. He happens to be posing with Alexander Yakovenko, the Russian ambassador to the United Kingdom.



https://www.motherjones.com/politic...as-ceo-with-the-russian-ambassador-to-the-uk/

Nix boasted about meeting Trump, and previously talked about using entrapment and other dirty tricks against political opponents, raises serious questions about the firm’s role in the 2016 election.

https://thinkprogress.org/cambridge...d-close-relationship-with-trump-251ec1adc37c/
 
April 10, 2018

A well-connected tech investor met with Facebook senior management late last month on behalf of billionaire Republican donor Rebekah Mercer to suggest an independent investigation into Cambridge Analytica, data collection, and the 2016 election, BuzzFeed News has learned.


The investor, Matt Michelsen, and a Facebook source confirmed to BuzzFeed News that the meeting took place. According to Michelsen, Facebook leadership seemed open to the possibility of an outside inquiry — and to meeting in person with Mercer — during the hour-long, March 20 meeting, but changed its attitude suddenly later that week.

Facebook initially seemed open to the idea — then suddenly didn’t.


Michelsen and his family were skiing in Colorado with Mercer and her family when news broke that Facebook had failed to disclose Cambridge Analytica’s improper use of data about tens of millions of Americans. Michelsen told Buzzfeed News he cut the trip short to fly to San Francisco to meet with senior managers at Facebook’s Menlo Park headquarters. Mercer had asked him to represent her position and request an independent investigation.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbern...ked-facebook?utm_term=.vbZJQYq5mL#.dukyJ60w8p

Is it possible to look at her tax returns ?


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/10/us/politics/mercer-family-cambridge-analytica.html
 
Rebekah Mercer's dad keeps himself busy-


Robert Mercer, the hedge fund tycoon known for heavily funding the Trump campaign, seems to also own and support a Beverly Hills production company that funds “alt-right provocateur” (read: racist fuckwit) Milo Yiannopoulos’ speaking tour.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/donald-trump-spins-himself-into-a-wall-blames-healthca-1793619732
Im no fan of Milo at all, but I'm also not a fan of mischaracterizing enemies. There are so many things you could have jabbed Milo for doing (e.g. doing kareoke for Richard Spencer and his neo nazis ) you don't have to make up stuff to make him sound as bad as he is. The guy is obviously not a racist considering he's actually married to a black man who he'd been dating long before his rise to prominence.

Throwing out standard slurs like 'racist' when they're demonstrably unfounded doesnt add to your credibility.

Other than that, fun fact: There are many small but influential right wing groups such as brietbart, the blaze, and rush Limbaugh which do not actually make profit and are propped up financially by subsidization from a small number of ultra rich right wing families to serve as their propaganda machines. You'll never find brietbart condemning the Koch brothers for poisoning our air even though they put on this facade of being martyrs for the working class.
 
Last edited:
May 2, 2018

In mid-March, reporters uncovered a mysterious British company named Emerdata that had added two of Robert Mercer’s daughters, Rebekah and Jennifer, as directors the day before the Facebook data controversy exploded into public view. Company records show that another one of Emerdata’s directors is Johnson Chun Shun Ko, a businessman with ties to Erik Prince, the military contractor and brother of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. As for the three remaining Brits listed as Emerdata directors, all three of them—Alex Tayler, Julian Wheatland, and Alexander Nix—held senior roles at Cambridge Analytica.


https://www.motherjones.com/politic...ridge-analytica-shutting-down-facebook-trump/


The firm, funded by Robert Mercer, the enigmatic hedge-fund investor and right-wing power broker, and led by a charismatic Eton graduate named Alexander Nix, first worked on Sen. Ted Cruz’s 2016 presidential bid before switching to Trump’s campaign in the summer of 2016.
 
Under the continuous deluge, of Trump's waterfall of unrelenting criminal behaviour,
it is difficult to recall details.


5. Tensions have already plagued other parts of Trump’s fledgling orbit, too:
“Efforts to launch an outside group supporting Trump’s agenda have stalled
amid fighting between Kushner loyalists, such as the campaign’s data and
digital strategist Brad Parscale, and conservative donor Rebekah Mercer …
Major disputes include who would control the data the outside group would use,
with Mercer advocating for Cambridge Analytica, a firm in which her father is
invested, and who would control the lucrative contracts with vendors.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...cannot-stop-whining/5886adb5e9b69b432bc7e07f/
 
Since I happen to know one or two of the people whose names have been mentioned in posts in this thread, I would like to simply say that never before in my life, have I seen more ludicrously biased and deceitful 'reports' of things that might or might not, have been said in private conversations with absolutely no context given at all, and that, there is a much-used phrase in Wall Street, and it goes like this:

'a disgruntled ex-employee.'

You people have absolutely no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about. On the whole. This much though, is certainly true, Steve Bannon is sharp and he is shifty and he is swift and he can often be seen as acting for his own interests (I suppose to the extent that he thinks things are better off in his hands than in anyone else's, then, yeah, he can pull a chair from under someone in rather brutal fashion...).

Once partisan political bias captures someone's mind, then all else goes out the window.

These people you are all talking about, are nothing like what has been depicted here.

Milo, by the way, is a UK spy. And so is Louise Mensch. Raheem Kassam is the closest thing any of you will likely ever come to a legit Hashasheen Naziri group leader.

You're all of you out of your depth with these people. And you very nearly paid for it dearly with their control over the Clintons.

I will give you a clue as to how far up the deep river down the dark woods at nighttime you all are:

Jeffrey Epstein... ...was a friend of Jimmy Khashoggi.
 
Conservatives Flock To Mercer-Funded Parler; Claim Censorship On Facebook And Twitter

November 14, 2020

Parler, founded in 2018-
touts itself as "the world's premier free speech platform." On Saturday, CEO
and co-founder John Matze said one of the privately-owned company's early
investors is Rebekah Mercer, who along with her father, hedge fund billionaire
Robert Mercer, has been a backer of President Trump and is also a major donor
to conservative causes including Breitbart News and former White House
strategist Steve Bannon.

Facebook and Twitter have stepped up their fight against misinformation
in the weeks leading up to and following the election. They have removed
groups, slapped warnings on posts, and reduced the spread of the most
egregious false claims of voter fraud.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/14/9348...d-parler-claim-censorship-on-facebook-and-twi
 
wow

Trump mega-donor Rebekah Mercer warned of 'armed conflict' before funding Capitol rioters:
report

Raw Story

The Intercept reported that Trump mega-donor and billionaire heiress Rebekah Mercer
suggested America could be on the brink of "armed conflict" in a 2019 book —
before she went on to give money to groups involved in the storming of the
U.S. Capitol.

https://www.rawstory.com/rebekah-mercer/

The Koch brothers funded their share of American armed conflicts, but they had
a motive-and there are no natural resources to exploit at the Capitol.
 
The Mercer's

The Koch's

Murdoch

Others....are the people behind the lies that show up in Brietbart, Fox OAN, NewsMax and online(well, once online....tee hee!) That filter down to right here.

Boycott them!!!!
 
Back
Top