GRATS, NYC Libs....

Amazon already has an office in Manhattan. The objections were over the massive subsidies that would be given to a business owned by literally the world's richest person.

NYC didn't lose anything. In fact it won. This was a blow against corporate welfare and will hopefully lead to companies like Amazon treating employees better and maybe even paying their taxes.

What color is the sky in your fantasy land? Amazon was stupid for even thinking about locating in New York. It is a hell hole and viper's den for private enterprise. NY definitely did not win, it lost dearly. OTOH, I do agree with you about corporate welfare. The government should have nothing to do with any sort of business interaction. NY built a solar panel plant in Buffalo(of all places) for Elon Musk at $750,000,000.00. It has generated 700 jobs. A million bucks per job. Government is clueless. The government should build infrstructure, provide for security, defense and education, and that's it. Let people keep as much of their hard earned money as possible and allow the people to spend it as the wish. Why are taxpayers building football stadia for mega-rich assholes and then paying to sit in THEIR stadium?
 
Why are taxpayers building football stadia for mega-rich assholes and then paying to sit in THEIR stadium?

Ask C. Ray Nagin jr.

Then ask him why the levies and pumps failed during Katrina.
 
What color is the sky in your fantasy land?

You're confusing the state of New York and the city of New York. It's very common to have that with dumbasses.

I've already explained why this is a win for NYC and Queens in particular.

Since I live in NYC I'm infinitely more informed about this than you are. But let's set that aside for now.

Amazon threatened and then ultimately bullied their home city of Seattle into repealing a tax that would help alleviate homelessness. Cities like Seattle or NYC are starved for affordable housing so having Amazon come in and create further income inequality (all while bitching about small taxes) is only a losing proposition for a place like NYC.

I'd make further comment and point out that Amazon will pay $0 in taxes on $11,200,000,000 in profit for 2018. In other words Amazon doesn't need special tax incentives to go anywhere.
 
I've already explained why this is a win for NYC and Queens in particular.

Yea....you're much better off with billions less in your economy and in tax revenue.

Send that money elsewhere because gentrification is BAD!! Stay a shit hole forever is GOOD!!

Brilliant lot you are. :D
 
I'm a racist and I'm about to get owned.

I'm not sure what you mean by hell hole. It sounds like you've never been out of your own home so we'll ignore that. Probably can't stand to be away from your Klan memorabilia.

New York City is responsible for something like 9% of the U.S.'s GDP. It also has a larger GDP than several countries. And an unemployment rate about the national average.

I'm not sure what your argument is other than you're a racist who just got owned.

sounds-like-someone-5ab911.jpg
 
I make up lies and alter folks posts because I was mentally stunted at 5 years old.

Yes Dan we know....but you still haven't explained why NYC is better off with less money in it's economy and less tax revenue.

Can you answer that or are you just going to have another apoplectic fit like the 5 year old you are?
 
dan_c00000 writes: "NYC didn't lose anything. In fact it won."

Ramone45 writes: "NY definitely did not win, it lost dearly."

Dan ALSO believes that Venezuela is currently winning. New York City didn't really need all of those high-paying jobs, not when those 40,000 people could be receiving assistance checks from the government instead - isn't that right?

phrodeau complains: "More than half of Amazon jobs pay less than $30,000 a year. Do you consider those good paying jobs?"

BotanyBoy responds: "Yea....you're much better off with billions less in your economy and in tax revenue."

Economic-simpleton & U.S. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez seriously believes that the $3-billion incentives package offered to Amazon by Governor Andrew Cuomo can now be spent in her district instead! Is she REALLY that stupid? I found the following on the Daily News web-site:

Incentivizing dishonesty: The Amazon deal was sunk by politicians who blatantly misrepresented the way economic incentives work; reform is welcome, but it must be deliberate

Oh hi there, fellow New Yorker picking through the rubble after the collapse of a deal that would've brought up to 40,000 good jobs and solidified the city's tech-industry leadership for a generation: Can we now talk rationally about incentives designed to attract businesses to our city and state?

No, not in the deeply disingenuous way that foes of Amazon piled on the package the company was getting to set up shop here.

First, they claimed that $3 billion was being handed out as some kind of up-front lump sum — in a paper bag, maybe? — that could be redirected to pay for schools, subways, parks, public housing. Ridiculous: Almost all the incentives were paying back a small fraction of what Amazon's employees would be paying into public coffers, over the course of a decade.

Which is to say, fewer jobs, fewer tax benefits. No jobs, no tax benefits. And massive net gain for the city and state: nine dollars in revenue for every dollar in public spending, by design.

Second, the deal-killers suggest that the incentives were all the result of Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio bending over backward for the richest company on earth. In fact, the city's two abatements, known as ICAP and REAP, would have been automatically offered to any other company setting up shop there. We repeat: Under law, Amazon was entitled to that $1.3 billion in givebacks.

As for the state's money: Amazon may well have qualified anyway for the $1.2 billion in Excelsior jobs and investment tax credits it was slated to get; four other Amazon projects in the state have already benefited from the program.

Finally, a cash grant of up to $505 million to assist in the construction of Amazon's campus, again to be doled out over time as the company raised its cranes, was essentially a pass-through so it would use union labor.

Nothing about the way any of this works is sacred. It's fair game to consider capping benefits or restructuring how they work. It would be especially novel for the progressives in control to consider yanking project-by-project tax breaks in favor of structural changes that lower the city and state's high tax burden. (Stop laughing.)

But the Legislature and City Council must do so strategically. After a real cost-benefit economic analysis. Not in the throes of a breathless reaction to a supposed corporate behemoth bigfooting our precious city.

Are our lawmakers capable of that?


New York City should be happy that ANY businesses choose to remain in that economic wasteland. Amazon has already found a home in northern Virginia & Nashville, Tennessee!
 
I'm a racist and got owned.

I still haven't used to learn the quote feature!

I never brought up Venezuela but that's always the go-to argument. If you'd actually bother to read my post I didn't bring up any other country except for the U.S. Furthermore, whenever I bring up a country with socialist leanings it's usually a country like Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the U.K., France, or Germany.

Since you didn't actually make an argument and everything you posted agreed with me let continue to destroy your racist assholes further:

Voices as disparate as the Koch brothers-backed Americans for Prosperity and Democratic Socialist Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have denounced the incentive deals and called for no subsidies to a company headed by the world’s richest person.

There you go, even the Koch brothers think this is absurd. This thread is done. Thanks for playing and losing.
 
Sure would be a lot easier to live on thirty grand a year in Nashville than in New York City.
 
BotanyBoy writes (to dan_c00000): "Carry on talking to yourself."

Be serious, BotanyBoy - who ELSE wants to listen to anything that Dan has to say?

phrodeau writes: "Sure would be a lot easier to live on thirty grand a year in Nashville than in New York City."

Nashville, Tennessee is BOOMING right now! In fact, the entire state of Tennessee (and much of the American south) is attracting LOTS of business from those companies bailing out of high-tax hellholes like New York & California! And yes, I suppose you could say that we have legislators like Alexandria Ocasion-Cortez to thank for it! Socialists send them here!

My favorite thing Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez said after the Amazon decision was how the Governor of New York state (Andrew Cuomo) now needs to spend those $3-billion in tax-incentives on HER congressional district instead. It's like she believes that Cuomo has $3-billion sitting in his bank account! The woman is an economic SIMPLETON!
 
(edited)

Nashville, Tennessee is BOOMING right now! In fact, the entire state of Tennessee (and much of the American south) is attracting LOTS of business from those companies bailing out of high-tax hellholes like New York & California!
Are you saying that Nashville is now able to provide safety nets, food banks, housing assistance, mass transit, etc. so that Amazonians can afford to live there?
 
Are you saying that Nashville is now able to provide safety nets, food banks, housing assistance, mass transit, etc. so that Amazonians can afford to live there?

When you don't take 50-60% of their income and regulate the markets into the hands of the few who jack the prices up on them....you don't have to provide them with everything.

That's why they get paid so they can go provide for themselves.

I know, that concept is just BEYOND lefty comprehension....but it's true, that's what incomes are for.
 
phrodeau writes: "Are you saying that Nashville is now able to provide safety nets, food banks, housing assistance, mass transit, etc. so that Amazonians can afford to live there?"

People living in the American south don't expect the government to pay all of their bills, make their breakfast for them in the morning, and then walk them to school. It's one of the reasons why our taxes aren't sky-high, and why businesses & corporations want to move HERE instead of re-locating to New York City, California, or Venezuela!

BotanyBoy writes: "I know, that concept is just BEYOND lefty comprehension....but it's true, that's what incomes are for."

Exactly right, Botany Boy - modern liberal Democrats believe that we're all put here on this Earth to serve the federal government. They're suspicious of the U.S. Constitution as they find it to be a racist document with no protections regarding those wishing to follow Islamic Sharia Law instead. And no, they don't understand why so many businesses are fleeing New York state, what with its housing projects, food stamps, mass transit, & free college educations for all (including illegals)!
 
Exactly right, Botany Boy - modern liberal Democrats believe that we're all put here on this Earth to serve the federal government. They're suspicious of the U.S. Constitution as they find it to be a racist document with no protections regarding those wishing to follow Islamic Sharia Law instead. And no, they don't understand why so many businesses are fleeing New York state, what with its housing projects, food stamps, mass transit, & free college educations for all (including illegals)!

That's why modern Democrats aren't liberals anymore, they are socialist and their authoritarianism is growing rapidly.

Current Republicans have become more liberal than either party has been in any living persons memory. ;)
 
(edited)
People living in the American south don't expect the government to pay all of their bills, make their breakfast for them in the morning, and then walk them to school. It's one of the reasons why our taxes aren't sky-high, and why businesses & corporations want to move HERE instead of re-locating to New York City, California, or Venezuela!
You're either kidding or ignorant.

110617DarylCagle_Cagle.jpg
 
phrodeau says: "You're either kidding or ignorant."

So, you're now saying that the state of California ONLY wants the kind of prohibitive high taxes that chase businesses away (to re-locate in states like Tennessee) so that they can then fund Tennessee's government freebies? Well, that certainly sounds like a special kind of stupid to me!

dan_c00000 adds: "I don't know, these racists aren't really capable of humor."

You and Jussie Smollett certainly don't seem to have much of a sense of humor, Dan. You both use race as a weapon to divide people and incite hatred.

" In other thread one of dump's alts (dawn) threatened to kill me."

Oh, give it a rest! YOU'RE the guy who was praising Adolf Hitler as a hero to Muslim "freedom-fighters" worldwide in their ongoing "fight against the Zionist oppressors and their imperialist American lapdogs!" And unless I'm mistaken, YOU'RE the guy who praised Democratic U.S. Senator Robert Byrd for his "dedicated years of leadership in the Ku Kux Klan before later casting the deciding vote to pass ObamaCare!" Nobody here is threatening to kill you, Dan!
 
You're either kidding or ignorant.

You say than and post a picture verifying he's correct. LOL Good on phro.

I wonder how they'd react to these recent headlines?

New York is the tech sector's official second city.

Why New York Is The Best City for Small Business In America

And from such liberal sources like Crains and Forbes!

Damage control after the (D)'s decided to send a message that they were going to regulate and tax them out of existence. :D

Yea they make more money in place like LA, NYC and SF....but they also get fucked out of most of it.

You can live better in a less psychotic state on 50-60k/yr than you can in NYC or CA making 150k/yr.
 
Saying NYC lost 25,000 jobs is like saying record companies and movie studios lose tens of millions of dollars when people pirate songs and movies.
 
someoneyouknow writes: "Saying NYC lost 25,000 jobs is like saying record companies and movie studios lose tens of millions of dollars when people pirate songs and movies."

Governor Andrew Cuomo must have been overjoyed that a giant corporation like Amazon was actually willing to expand its operations in his high-tax state, contributing a major monetary investment that would provide enormous tax revenues into New York state's increasingly depleted coffers. But then New York City's socialists got involved...

My own favorite analogy is as if Andrew Cuomo ran a tavern in the city, and advertised that during Happy Hour you could get two $5-drinks for the price of one, in the hopes of attracting more customers into his place of business! But then bartender Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez decides that it's not fair to give a wealthy customer (like Amazon) his free drink, and instead urges him to leave if he doesn't like it. He does, and she happily reports to her boss that she just saved him $5, and hopes that he'll now give it to her in the form of a raise!
 
Back
Top