As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
0800: <beep> “This University Hospital would like to welcome The Joint Commission on Perverse Organizations.”

Any nurse observed with a non-compliance with hand hygiene in between therapeutic hand-jobbing, will be quartered to the intravenous pole with leather restraints for the insane, gagged with gauze and whipped at the main lobby with the ECG 12 leads.

We seek accreditation, and we are prepared.

I've put a few people into skeptic shock.

The ADRs for "kedanine" and "Van Gogh" could use some explanation for us non-medical types.

This sounds a lot like reading police reports from the less literate officers. You just know that what they wrote can't possibly be what they meant, whatever that was.

ADR= adverse drug reaction
kedanine= ketamine
and we're gonna have to get clarification from the parents on "Van Gogh," but we're assuming that what they told the sw was "vanco," short for the antibiotic vancomycin.

Most of our social workers make occasional mistakes, but this one is just a fucking moron. The worst part is that she will NEVER admit to making mistakes - if we were to call her out on this one, she'd claim that it was the parents' fault. :rolleyes:

0800: <beep> “This University Hospital would like to welcome The Joint Commission on Perverse Organizations.”

Any nurse observed with a non-compliance with hand hygiene in between therapeutic hand-jobbing, will be quartered to the intravenous pole with leather restraints for the insane, gagged with gauze and whipped at the main lobby with the ECG 12 leads.

OK, now I DEFINITELY need to come work with you. :D

I'll be non-compliant about anything if it will get me tied up and spanked. :D

I like your Joint Commission much better than ours. I want to come work at your hospital!

The covering Intensivist: What part of no don't you understand?
Me: I want you to assess your patient.
He: You do not define my job.

It just got real bad in here and I didn't cry.

My foot still hurts. I asked the orthopedic surgeon about it. He got down on one knee, I slipped off my shoe and started squeezing my heel.

Then I realized that my feet stink. I couldn't answer any questions, and my face turned red.

He told me to take some motrin, and that it is most likely plantar fasciitis.

When he left all the nurses made fun of me, said they want him to assess their feet too. They even accused me of making it all up.

It hurts so bad. I am limping around. I don't understand because I have high arches and now they tell me I can't walk around bare footed at home? This is some bullshit.

It hurts when I squeeze it but it feels good at the same time. The surgeon told me to stop squeezing it. I need help.

It hurts when I squeeze it but it feels good at the same time. The surgeon told me to stop squeezing it. I need help.
There's an art to squeezing it. If you squeeze it too little, it's almost blah. If you squeeze it too much, the pain is so intense that you don't really get any pleasure from it.

The art is in squeezing it just right. You want just enough pain to bring pleasure. You want a stinging sensation that heightens awareness when you release the squeeze. You want just enough pressure to decrease blood supply so that when you let go, the blood rushes back in and gives a wonderful explosive sensation.

:rolleyes:

There's an art to squeezing it. If you squeeze it too little, it's almost blah. If you squeeze it too much, the pain is so intense that you don't really get any pleasure from it.

The art is in squeezing it just right. You want just enough pain to bring pleasure. You want a stinging sensation that heightens awareness when you release the squeeze. You want just enough pressure to decrease blood supply so that when you let go, the blood rushes back in and gives a wonderful explosive sensation.

Now I REALLY want to know what you are squeezing!

And can you squeeze me next?

I kind of like meddling with those bits of me that hurt. A little pain is like an electric shock - it helps clear the mental cobwebs.

Hmmm, love the description

Job interview tomorrow - outreach coordinator for a genetic counseling clinic. It would get me out of direct cares (no more diaper changing!), but I'd still get to work with disabled kids & adults. It's hard to type with all my fingers crossed. ;)

Job interview tomorrow - outreach coordinator for a genetic counseling clinic. It would get me out of direct cares (no more diaper changing!), but I'd still get to work with disabled kids & adults. It's hard to type with all my fingers crossed. ;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Oh! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back