Free Health care

Your lack of compassion and contempt for your fellow citizens is obvious.

Contrariwise. I'm happy to mentor people in how they can live within their means. But you all want free doctors and apparently now free groceries. Happy to HELP. Not going to pay YOUR way.

Contrariwise. I'm happy to mentor people in how they can live within their means. But you all want free doctors and apparently now free groceries. Happy to HELP. Not going to pay YOUR way.

I don't want free doctors and free groceries. I want universal affordable health care which other countries have and the US politicians, and you, seem determined to make impossible.

I don't want free doctors and free groceries. I want universal affordable health care which other countries have and the US politicians, and you, seem determined to make impossible.

Your buddy a few posts up sure wants it all free.

And I will do all that I can, which admittedly isn't much, to stop or delay changes to the healthcare (and grocery!) systems we have now.

There is NO human right to healthcare. What you have the right to is to STRIVE to provide for yourself and those you are responsible for.

Your buddy a few posts up sure wants it all free.

And I will do all that I can, which admittedly isn't much, to stop or delay changes to the healthcare (and grocery!) systems we have now.

There is NO human right to healthcare. What you have the right to is to STRIVE to provide for yourself and those you are responsible for.

If an individual is prevented from striving because of poor health - your opinion seems to be that that person is worthless and should just die.

Which makes you an unpleasant example of a US political activist.

I prefer to honour the US generation that fought WW2 to bring freedom.

Now you want FREE GROCERIES as well as free healthcare?

Jesus...

Just thank your lucky stars you're living today. Couple hundred years ago, the combo of lazy + stupid was a death sentence. Even 50 years ago it would have earned you a well deserved beat down.
Lucky stars? Are you some kind of Astrology nut?

Next you’ll propose leeching and Christian Science.

I am not talking about "Medicare for all". People of means would still be able to insure themselves through private companies. I am talking about extending Medicare coverage at an affordable rate to people who currently do not have the means to be covered entirely on private insurance.

The private health insurance industry had its opportunity to be subsidized by the government to cover the poor and the working poor, and it did not work out due to their belief that they could make even more money through Repugnican policies. So, screw them. Cut out them as a middle man and use the subsidies they would have received to simply extend Medicare to the poor at an affordable rate.

No one needs to EXPLAIN how Medicare works. Read its history. It ain't perfect, but it will be cheaper than subsidizing a private insurance middle man and more ethical than doing nothing at all about the uninsured portion of the population.

And yes, rich people would still be able to get Cadillac coverage.

But I am not saying all this for your benefit, because you have already resolved to vote for greed again. However, because of the gross income disparity in the country that results in wealth being concentrated in a minority of the population, the greedy will ultimately be overwhelmed at the voting polls on this health care issue.
I know how Medicare work, I have it. But I know this Medicare for all will not be so cheap like the Medicare I have now.

I know how Medicare work, I have it. But I know this Medicare for all will not be so cheap like the Medicare I have now.

If it wasn't for US politicians and the lobbyists - it could be.

If an individual is prevented from striving because of poor health - your opinion seems to be that that person is worthless and should just die.

This is why the term Deplorables is applied to people in America who believe that poor people should just struggle and ultimately even die if they don't have the means to buy food or health care.

Very fitting description of that mindset.

I said no such thing. Such a person isn't worthless. Worth has nothing whatsoever to do with survival. Look for local solutions to these problems. Family. Church. Community. It has nothing to do with the Federal govt.

The Federal government is very clearly defined as to it's duties to the citizens and healthcare and boneless chicken breasts are not among them.

This is why the term Deplorables is applied to people in America who believe that poor people should just struggle and ultimately even die if they don't have the means to buy food or health care.

Very fitting description of that mindset.

I have the bumper sticker.

You are clearly from the Free Shit Army / Gimme generation. Yes, you should die if you can't provide for yourself.

Let me be clear. By you I mean YOU, not you "generally" speaking. You are clearly the sort of leech on society that has made it necessary to Make America Great Again.

Other people that legitimately need a helping hand, fine. Note I said hand, not hand out.

Last edited:
Let me guess. You want free groceries too?
Let's see, there's SNAP, WIC, FDPIR, TEFAP and CACFP, school lunch, breakfast and milk programs, then there's the groceries for federal prisoners, FEMA relief efforts for those caught in emergencies, immigrant refugees and their children under detention, and whatever the folks in Gitmo are.

And the handouts that went to federal workers who weren't getting paid during the several government shutdowns we've had lately. Looks like another one of those is coming soon.

So I guess we have to provide a few shopping carts of groceries, with taxpayers footing the costs.

Nope. Just self reliance.

Then I take it you're opposed to the corporate welfare that's been keeping the rich that way at everyone else's expense for decades now? If you're going to whine about things like making sure children don't go hungry at school, let's at least have a little perspective about which is the bigger - and more undeserved - handout.

Then I take it you're opposed to the corporate welfare that's been keeping the rich that way at everyone else's expense for decades now? If you're going to whine about things like making sure children don't go hungry at school, let's at least have a little perspective about which is the bigger - and more undeserved - handout.

If a business can't turn a profit / stay in business without subsidies / bailouts / etc then it deserves to shut down. Why would that be any different?

The USA has free roads with free bridges and tunnels to drive along built by engineers paid by the state. Which Commie Libtard came up with that idea?

Free schools with teachers? Colleges with professors?

Fire fighters?

Police?

It will never work.

The USA has free roads with free bridges and tunnels to drive along built by engineers paid by the state. Which Commie Libtard came up with that idea?

Fire fighters?

Police?

It will never work.

My town even has a place where they give you books for free! It's insanity.

Fire fighters?

Police?

It will never work.
Trump and the Republicans are making sure that his infrastructure promises will not be kept.

There is no such thing as free health care.

There is - if it is provided by charity.

But Universal Health Care, free at the point of use, can be affordable, but not apparently in the US because of reasons...

Fire fighters?

Police?

It will never work.

There are no national roads, schools or fire fighters. I suppose the FBI could be considered the federal police but that probably isn't what you meant.

All of those are sponsored at a local or state level. The federal government does provide subsidies (wrongfully IMO) for roads and schools because they facilitate interstate commerce.

What on Earth does the US Constitution have to do with the internal matters of a member state?

There is - if it is provided by charity.

But Universal Health Care, free at the point of use, can be affordable, but not apparently in the US because of reasons...

You keep saying free at the point of use. I suppose you're trying to hide the obvious fact that the 150,000,000 people in the workforce will be footing the bill for the whole 400,000,000 or so citizens.

Why?

Back