Aliens: Colonial Marines new recruits (closed)

"I'm okay, thank you" Connell replied with a smile. She was roughed up but toughed it out. She had been through worst and was more concerned about Lowell after seeing her get her hair pulled.

"Yeah, I got that fucker," Iggy laughed as he swung his hands as though he were swinging his rifle once again, "Got him right in the face. I fucked up his face good. He'll be drinking through a straw for awhile."

Torres clapped his hands as he said, "I threw one of them like he were a bag of hay," smiling. He loved the feeling of seeing his foe being thrown through the air, flailing wildly.

"Alright, everyone take a seat" I said to them to have them sit on their bunks and closed the door to our room and walked towards the center of the room and looked at their roughed up but smiling faces. "We did good out there" I said.

"Good?" Iggy laughed, "we did great! We gave those fuckers what they deserved."

I agreed, but the situation got out of hand quickly when it wasn't suppose to. Going over to Lowell and looking at her I asked, "How's your hair?"
 
I nodded and sat down on my bunk when Connell said she was fine. Iggy seemed more than happy to have gotten the guy holding my hair and imitated hitting the man with the gun.

Torres gave him a high five saying he tossed on like a sand bag through the air.

I smirked at their excitement. Even though we were roughed up the team wore smiles on their faces at defeating the enemy.

The Sergeant said "we did good out there" he said.

"Good? We did great we gave those fuckers what they deserved." Iggy said and got a few cheers.

The sergeant smiled and started over in my direction "how's your hair?" He asked me

" Its fine.. Nothing too serious" I said a gave a small smile. "Ill make sure to wear a hat next time in case" I said joking
 
"That's what they're for" I nodded to her. We did great, but Elmer might be looking for revenge so I told them, "For awhile, I want everyone to go in groups of two or more in the halls." This was deter any of them trying to gang up on us, the easiest time would be when we were taking a shower or using the restroom and my gaze immediately turned back to Lowell, "That includes you. Go with someone where ever you go." It was a warning but I also knew that she was capable of defending herself, but maybe not so against five or so angry, hungry Marines.

Looking at my watch we still had another hour before the DFAC, dining facility, would be open for us so I said, "Everyone, just flake out here for awhile, get your gear cleaned and stowed then we'll head on over to the chow hall."

Going back over to Lowell and Connell on their shared bed I looked at the cadet and said, "Why don't you and I go out for a walk and talk a bit?"
 
Connell and I sat on our bunk talking for a bit and I reassured her all was well.nI didnt want her worrying that much although it was sweet."Just know that if they try anything ill kick their ass"

"Why don't you and I go out for a walk and talk a bit?" The sergeant said to me. I looked at Connell thinking she might have said something but she gave me a look telling me she didn't. I nodded and got up following the the sergeant.

We walked into the hall and I gave a small smile " So.. is there anything you want to talk about sir?"
 
Last edited:
"You were pretty brave out there" I said to her, "You handled that situation very well." I was being sincere because I have seen many others that wouldn't handle being groped or pulled and break down. "Many in our platoon want to stick it to Elmer and his little fuck nuts because of what they've done to other squads. Just before you arrived they ganged up on several in the maze and groped them. We wanted to get him kicked out but the brass didn't do anything about it. They said they lost his paper work" This made my growl from the bitter memories, but looking at the troubled cadet I smiled to clear my mind and changed the subject.

"I know that you've talked to Connell earlier, she didn't tell me about what, but I want to ask you what is bothering you."

I held up a hand between us and whispered, "I know you might not want to, but you can trust us that we won't go blabbing about it to everyone. This is between us."
 
I looked at the sergeant for a moment. " Y-you promise?" I said. He nodded. I sighed and closed my eyes as I told him the same story I told Connell. I held myself tightly and finished.

I sighed "So...there now you know" I said softly
 
It was shocking that she had been through so much. My body was cold or numb it was hard to tell because I had a look on my face, eyes wide and jaw slightly hanging open and looking at her. It was fortunate that those responsible were possibly dead, but that couldn't be the same for her father. "I'm so sorry" was all I could say in response. "I had no idea. I promise that I won't tell, but now we know what the problem is. You won't find that here. Our people are better than that," this time putting up a smile to assure her as I reached out with my right hand and clapped her right shoulder and said, "You're one of us. You'll find we're better than that, as you can tell from what happened in the maze."

After a moment of looking at Lowell I decided that we should head back to the quarters and mingle with everyone else. By now we were approaching Jupiter and there was no word that our mission had been cancelled so that meant we would be going into the tubes and we would have to eat a lot before we went to sleep. With an arm wrapped around his shoulder I pulled Lowell close and said, "Let's get going."
 
I nodded walking with him back to base. I felt exhausted emotionally but not physically. The stress wasn't as much but I still felt it nudging me at the back of my mind. "Thank you" I said to him for keeping my secret.

I walked in finishing putting my weapons away. I gave him a small smile before heading over. I saw Connel chatting with the guys and then the sergeant called us to go to chow hall
 
The chow hall was the conversation area where you'll find most of the people together anywhere else on the ship and by the time we got there it was busting open with people trying to get as much as possible before we were put into the tubes. Knowing that Elmer and his bunch were in there, somewhere, I put Connell and Lowell together in the center of our line with Torres and Iggy up front and me behind watching all of them.

Lowell seemed to be more relaxed now that she had a chance to vent and feeling that sense that we were people that she could trust and Connell kept with her as we filed in slowly into the chow hall.

In the back of my mind I had to push what Lowell had told me out and make room for the situation at hand. Now it was apparent that we are going to be deployed for possible combat on a distant planet so I had to make note on how our squad was going to be for deployment now that we had a new hand for the motion tracker, a strong hand.

Iggy was up looking about as they reached the stack of trays and began handing them out as Torres began side stepping down the line and wanting to get as much as possible to fill his bigger appetite.
 
I looked around seeing teams stock up on food. 'Jeez' I thought seeing the large amounts eaten. "You better stock up on food cadet were going in tubes soon so that means deep sleep and well rest" Iggy said

I got nervous at the thought of sleep and a long one at that. I packed my plate with as much as I thought I could consume and followed the team back to our area. The guys put us between them and I saw the looks we got from the team we faced who looked pretty busted up.

I ate slowly at my food and tried ignoring the looks and torres sat on the other side of me blocking the view I was instantly greatful.
 
Last edited:
"Eat up, this time," Connell said to her as Torres twisted his head back to see whom was behind them then looked at his plate. "We're going to be in and that means you'll need your vitamins," before taking a drink of orange juice. Long term sleeping meant that we were hybernating, so we needed to stock up so our bodies eat what we store while we're sleeping, much like what bears do before winter. It meant that we would gain some weight, but it wouldn't last long.

I sat right beside Lowell and looked at her plate as she started to eat. I had a big plate with fries, ham, little yellow squares that were suppose to be cornbread along with some paste that was suppose to be fish. We passed around a bottle of Tabasco sauce to splash it onto our stuff to give it some flavor. It was something Iggy picked up last time he was on liberty because it wasn't available on the ship.

"It'll help" Iggy said handing the half empty bottle over to Lowell, "It's better than just eating the chalk straight up," refering to the cornbread.

"Fellas" I said to them with my eyes scanning around, "Just before we got here, I got word that we're on our way to LV-555. The colony there still isn't transmitting."
 
I took the hot sauce greatfully and poured it on a bit of the food ."thanks" I said before handing it back and ate some fries which I had alot of because potatoes were fulling.

The sergeant sat beside me eating as well and informed us that we ere on our way to LV-555 because the colony was not ttransmittig. I said "If you dont mind Sergeant do you know how long well be asleep?"
 
"Five to six weeks" I replied taking the Tabasco and splashing it on my own fries. "So better get filled up while you can." She was a very slender woman but women's bodies worked differently than a man's as they can store and use more body reserves from where they were stored. "Eat allof your potatoes. Just so you know, such a long hypersleep will make you nautious and maybe vomit. So be ready for that. Its normal." I had been in long sleeps so it was easy but she was knew and it would be a great shock for her.
 
I nodded and continued eating as we spoke. He warned me of the nausea that came along with the hypersleep. I finished my potatoes feeling stuffed and ate a little more just in case. I knew I had lost weight due to stress so I didn't want to lose more during rhe sleep.

I drank some orange drink and chatted wirh the crew a bit. They were all great and starting to grow on me and I knew instantly they weren't like the others from my last squad.
 
We spoke and ate for the better part of half an hour with us going up there for seconds to fatten us up. The stuffing was making me sleepy but it had to be done, and by the time we were finished and heading out of the chow hall there came the call to assemble out in the large hanger bay for a briefing with the colonel who was going to go over our mission. This was it. We were going to LV-555 for a hunt of sorts. The colony still wasn't transmitting and that meant that when we got to the planet my squad was going to be one of the first to arrive on the surface and first contact was going to belong to us.

The companies fell in and arranged themselves in a three sided square with the colonel standing on the side of a power loader so that he towered above everyone else and spoke with a thick, heavy voice, "People, the colony on LV-555 is still not transmitting and following our protocol the USS Benedict has been tasked with proceeding to investigate. There was some murmuring in the group but the colonel persisted, "We had no contact with the people for over a week. We think it might be a downed transmitter but we're still following the protocols and dispatching a large force to see what's what." Seemed a bit drastic to send an entire battalion down for one small colony but maybe it was bigger than a downed transmitter. Maybe it was a rebellion or a pirate attack.
 
We attended a called meeting about what was going to be happening on the mission
and what will be going on.

I stood beside the sergeant as they told us most of the forces will be sent out. I grabbed the sergeants fore arm gently and said calmly "Sir if I may ask.. Will we be merged together with another squad or will we be split up?"

I stood looking around and waiting for him to answer
 
"Depending on what happens" I replied, "chances are we'll be deployed alone. Once we get a read out of the colony then we'll know of sure." We weren't going into this operation blindly. Intel was pulling up a detailed layout of the colony as we spoke and looking at Lowell she was worried, perhaps worried that we would be teamed up with Elmer and his men. I could understand that. It was going to be a five-six week hypersleep in our immediate future. "Don't worry, though," I said to her, "you'll be sticking with us the whole time."

As the colonel wrapped up his speech we broke up to deal with our briefing with me going and telling the rest of the squad to prepare for their long sleep.
 
I headed back to base with the squad and preparing for the long sleep. I was a bit nervous seeing as im new to the outer space thing but I was also nervous about the dreams.

I got everything I needed to get together and I grabbed the picture I carried of my mother and father when my mom was pregnant with me. They looked so happy and in love and that gave me hope and made me still want to make them proud.

I had never known my mother but growing up with my father we always did safety drills and id occasionally watch him train. He was my role model and when I was done here id avenge him and find a way to continue on his name if I survived I thought to myself
 
As they were packing up their gear I was in a briefing with my platoon leader going over our details for our mission. When it was done I went back to join the others as they were stowing their gear and preparing for their hypersleep and saw Lowell as she was looking at a photograph at her locker, "Is that your family?" looking at it over her shoulder and seeing a woman that didn't resemble Lowell too much and clearly pregnant but very happy.

I didn't have a picture of my family. I didn't like them. I hated them. One of the reasons why I joined the Corps was because I hated them so much, that and I got busted. It was something that I didn't like talking about so I didn't have anything of them hanging up in my wall locker.
 
I smiled turning around "Yes.. its of my parents when they were pregnant with me. Its the only picture of my mom I unfortunately never got to meet her. I keep it with me to-" I saw a rush of something cross his feature pain or hate? "Whats wrong?" I said looking at him

I remembered the maze and wondered if he was hurt "Are you ok- Do you need me to call Connell?" I said looking concerned
 
"I'm okay" I smile at her and then look down at the picture. I remember that her father died when he went after those that violated her, but I did not recall what he did for a living and asked, "What did he do?" Looking at the picture he was certainly a powerfully built man and a warm face as he and her mother stood side by side.

Around us the rest of the squad were stowing their gear, shedding their trousers and going down to boxer and t-shirts, even their socks had to do. It was better than having to go full naked.
 
I say "He was government he was a secret agent. He trained protected got information." I smiled. I looked at him "What about you? Your family you have any pictures?"

I saw that he looked a bit pained and instantly regretted it. "Sir you know.. you can speak with me as I shared with you. I wont tell anyone." I said with a small smile
 
"It was something that I don't like to talk about. My parents were worthless. I don't even call them 'parents'. They were both drinkers and abusive. They didn't care for me at all. They spent their money getting drugs and getting their bottles than they were about getting me my bottle!" It was something that was getting me fuming, but I drew a deep breath and took it down very slowly. It just brought back the decades of neglect and abuse. They chastised, starved, beat, and were all sorts of cruel to me because they didn't want me. They said many times that they didn't want me, that I was an accident.

"Like I said, it was something that I don't like to talk about" looking at her. Lowell had a much better family just with that picture. It was something that I wished for. If I did have caring family. There was the PA system kicking in and informing us to start getting ready for hypersleep. Patting Lowell on the shoulder I said, "Better put that away and get going." I didn't want to stop this, but duty calls.
 
I nodded putting away my pictures with my things and turning to say something to the sergeant but found he was gone. I frowned disappointed the conversation was over. I know he had an internal battle as well but he hadnt wanted to share.

I sighed knowing the exact same feeling. Rage. 'Hes hurring' I thought. I decided to give him a bit of space and time to vent I didnt want him to go into sleep stressed it wouldnt be good for any of us. I stripped down to a half shirt and mini shorts and you saw light scars on my body but they healed almost completely. My skin was tight and my body was toned. I was about a 34 c and had quite a nice bottom. I ran my hand through my hair and tied it up loosely not wanting a repeat of earlier.

Looking at my body I sighed. I known they were healed and barely noticeable but theynwere there and always felt like fresh wounds to me.
 
I had to get away for a bit. Going to my locker and shedding my blouse and trousers down to my boxers and t-shirt and running my hands through my hair and feeling the bristling strands I closed my door rather bitterly because of the memories. I hated my parents. It had been so many years since I saw them that I don't know if they were still alive amd didn't care. My life insurance policy was to be given to people of my squad figuring they could use the money more than my good for nothing parents could.

On my way back to my cryotubes I summoned my squad together and raining saw all of them down to their shorts and shirts and my mouth watered a bit when seeing Lowell comeoup to join us.
 
Back
Top