The Past And Future Collide

Angelina went back up to her room. She did not have any black to wear. She supposed that that she should have something made up quick. As the fiancé she would be in a briefer period of mourning than had they been married

She though she heard a noise but couldn't see anything that has fallen.

"Angelina!"

The voice was terse and she followed the sound to her window. There was Alexander standing out there on her balcony. He was dressed strange and he had a fearful look on his face.

"How did you get up here?" She opened the door to the balcony. One look told her something was wrong. "What is it? What is wrong?" She thought she heard a noise downstairs.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander grimaced. "I have no idea what it is... but what I do know... it's not human... and it's headed this way," he said quietly, a bit unsure. "Who am I kidding? I'm not uncertain... I'm damned terrified," he thought to himself. He knew his barefoot appearance was odd, though he had no idea how to fight whatever it was he saw... or if it was even wise to do so.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
"This way? It sounds as if it is here". There were horrible sounds coming from downstairs, as if the house and everyone in it were being ripped apart.

Angelina looked at Alexander and saw the fear in her eyes reflected there. Not human? Of course they were human. She had not seen what Alexander had seen so she though that maybe it was the military that had come. Maybe they were men she could reason with.

"Alexander, you must run. Run away. I will try to reason with them. Run into the woods. This house is on the edge of Orléans. Keep hidden."

And she leaned in, kissing him lightly on the lips. She didn't know what made her do it but she did.

She heard Mama scream followed by the scream from Mary. She looked back at Alexander, fear in her eyes.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander gritted his teeth. "No. Either we all flee, or none of us do. Never leave a man behind, that is what my military lives by... and I'll be damned if you 're going to lose your family... like I lost mine," he said quietly, looking away before he spun, vaulting over the balcony before landing on the edge of the fountain several yards away and close to eight feet below the window before he darted quickly, seeing the broad back of something that looked like cooled magma.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
[/QUOTE]
 
The screams pierced right through her and she watched Alexander leap over the balcony railing and disappeared. She knew he was going to fight whoever was down there.

She ran to the hall door, opening it to run to help. Her life up to then had not prepared her for what she saw as she reached the stairs and saw the carnage below.

Hell stood in the hallway. A beast so foul that it must have climbed up the very bowel of that evil place. Made of fire and charred flesh, it roared, the smell of smoke and rotten eggs. The creature had numerous arms, each hand gripping some piece of her childhood, it's touch burning it to nothing.

It roared, it's voice deafening, causing bits of plaster to shake loose and crumble to the floor. Even standing where she was, she could feel that sound, shaking her in her shoes.

But most foul of all, lying at the devil's feet, was the dead bodies of her Mama and Mary, stacked one upon the other as cords of wood. Their burnt dead bodies, twisted almost beyond recognition, eyes staring in horror and death.

Angelina screamed, and the sound pierced through that hellish sound that blanketed that house. The creature stopped, and it's horned head turned to look at her with eyes of blood. It moved and Angelina suddenly broke from her trance of horror to turn and run back into her room and close and lock the door. She ran to the balcony and looking over the railing, found Alexander waiting below, urging her to jump.

She did not hesitate but put her trust in the young man that she had barely known for a day. She grabbed her skirts and leaped over the rail.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander's low curse was harsh. He had hoped that Angelina would not have tried to get to her mother, and unfortunately, almost what he'd expected had happened. "I don't see how we could fight against that thing... but I'd rather it not get any further," he said softly, frowning slightly, although it didn't really surprise him that she was hugging him so tightly after he'd caught her.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
She could not comprehend what she had just witnessed, the horror of it all, and so she clung to the only thing left of that life. Alexander set her on her feet and, grabbing her hand, lead her through the back gate and into the woods.

They ran! They ran as if their lives depended upon it. When they came to the little river that just that morning Alexander had caught the fish in, she wondered how to get across it. Her dress and shoes were not made for such travel. Without a word, he picked her up and carried her across before setting her down on the opposite shore. Grabbing her hand, once again they ran pushing deeper in the woods.

After a while she was so tired, and yet the thought of what chased them drove them on. They would stop for a minute or two to catch their breaths before heading on. The afternoon moved towards evening and she knew they would have to stop for the night. They could not light a fire for fear of drawing whatever that creature was.

Alexander seemed so intelligent. Maybe he knew what it was.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander's soft exhalation as he slipped against the fallen log was low but sounded harsh."I have no idea what that thing was... but it isn't human, obviously. If it is a demon, that raises questions of its own, like if it's the only one around or not... but more importantly... who would summon such a thing? I have no idea what kind of religion is here, which could give us some clues as to possible weakening methods," he said softly.

He was sure his feet were likely bloody by now, which, if that demonic beast tracked by scent, would be a very, very bad thing.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
They came to yet another little river - yet one of many they had crossed this afternoon. It was small enough that with his help she made it across. She was hungry and tired and so needed to rest.

"Can we please stop for the night? I'm so tired. We are near this stream and maybe we have crossed enough water to slow whatever that thing down. She sat down on the fallen log.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander blinked before blushing deeply, thankful for the darkness. "Um... yeah, though I... kinda forgot footwear," he said softly and shyly. He had started a small fire to keep them warm, though it wasn't visible from more than fifteen feet away.

He really didn't expect Angelina to help, but his aching feet were quite uncomfortable.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
"Alexander! I'm so sorry. Clean your feet in the brook. Let me see what I can do."

While she had Alexander wash his feet in the stream to wash away the blood and cool his feet down, she tried to tear strips off her undergarment. She had to use her teeth to tear it.

Then she turned her back to him and lifted her skirt to reach her under shift. It was of heavier material. She finally tore the front of it pulling out the whole front of it. When she put down her skirt, you could not even see it was missing.

Alexander came back and sat down in front of the fire. She tore the large fabric in two. She wrapped his feet in the squares, gathering the excess material and tying it around his ankles with the strips of fabric.

"I'm sorry but that's the best I could come up with. Will that help?"
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander was quite surprised at Angelina's response, if he was honest. "You know, this is one thing I liked about the past... people are thoughtful of one another, something that is, unfortunately, not embraced so much at home. I have no idea what to do about that thing, but... I know what it's like to lose your family... only my mother died of cancer... a disease where the body actually turns on itself... she had it in her blood, where it moved to the rest of her body, mainly her lungs, liver, and brain... it was... incurable. My father... drank himself to death... well, he would have, had he not gotten himself killed on his motorcycle," he sighed softly.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
She sat beside him as they sat beside the small fire. It put out a little heat but she still felt chilled to the bone. She found herself leaning closer and closer to Alexander as he spoke until she began to slowly crumple into him, the strength leaving her as she lay her head on his chest and the tears began to fall. In one day she had lost her fiancé, her family and her home. She cried as Alexander held her, rocking her as they sat in the middle of the woods. She cried, until her body finally shut down and she fell asleep in his arms.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander let his fingers brush through Angelina's long hair, which was a bit tangled from their rushing through the thick trees. He blinked, remembering he'd darted to his own room, grabbing a change of clothes and his knife. He exhaled softly, his hand drifting to his pocket where his cell phone rested. He shrugged slightly, thinking. He scooped up the lute, which he'd kept close. He lightly strummed the strings thoughtfully.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
Her dreams were haunted by the demon that had torn asunder her life. She once again saw her Mama and Mary, lying dead at the hellish figure's feet. But in her dreams Jon also lay there, his body also added to the funeral pyre. The creature bent over to touch Jon's uniform and the bodies began to burn. Then the demon saw her and reaching out grabbed her to throw her into the fire. She tried to fight but it held her close and she tried to get out of its grip.

She awoke to Alexander holding her tight trying to wake her. They were still on the run and she lay in his arms beside a dying fire. Once awake she held on tight to him as he calmly stroked her hair.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander felt Angelina relax, looking around with a hint of confusion on her face. "Nightmare, eh? Considering how ugly that thing was just from the glimpse I caught, it'd inspire nightmares in hardened soldiers, I suspect," he said softly as he ran his fingers through her hair before he tugged out a hairbrush, seeing her gaze light up as if she'd recognized it. "I grabbed it before we fled, thought it'd comfort you to have something... normal... to hold onto," he said gently.

He glanced at the dying fire before he sighed softly, as he'd never had anyone comfort him after his parents' deaths. His father had actually died a couple of weeks before his mother had, and her death was far from painless. He felt her hand slide into his own as if she felt his uncertainty.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
"Everything and everyone I knew and loved is gone." She knew that he understood her sadness. "It is strange that Jon should die and then a few hours later Mama and Mary. And Delànó was so nervous, almost twitchy. I assumed it was because of Jon's death. But do you think it could be because of that thing? And why attack my family? We have never done anything to anyone."

She hugged Alexander tight. "Please don't let me go. I'd feel so lost without you." She paused. "Alexander, what was that creature from hell?"
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander chuckled softly. "I don't abandon those I hold precious. And I don't know what that thing was... but it's very likely that it could have struck elsewhere. When I spotted it in the doorway, I got a odor that smelled like burnt copper... possibly from blood that might have been burned from that thing's skin? God, I hope not, that's disturbing to think about in itself. I don't know much about demonology... the study of demonkyn... since really, I've had enough problems with the material world to deal with a spiritual one," he said softly, hugging her as he brushed her hair gently, carefully making sure he got all the knots out; he was sure his hair was likely more of a mess than hers, although his was only an inch or two below his shoulders.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
Angelina calmed down in Alexander's arms. The way he brushed her hair was calming. Then she realized what he had said.

I don't abandon those I hold precious

Did he mean her? Precious? But he had just met him.

She did feel safe in his arms. And there was no doubt that he was very handsome, as well as kind, gentle, and...The thought that he might hold her precious made her heart beat faster.

Now, if they could just outrun that creature. Once again the thought of her Mama and Mary came to her and she turned her face into his chest, trying to keep from crying. She burrowed closer to him, and fell asleep again in his arms.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander let his eyes drift almost closed as he felt the familiar 'bubble' of emptiness rippling with residual emotions. Simultaneously, his senses sharpened to a keen edge, almost so keen to pick up on details he'd normally have missed
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
The woods were quiet, the only sounds were the occasional snap and pop of the wood smoldering. Her breathing was soft and slow, her body warm as she was pressed against him and her breath lightly puffed against the shirt he wore.

She took a deep breath and in her sleep, nuzzled her cheek against his chest.

Her dreams this time were a jumble. But this time there was no monster, no Mama, no Mary, no Jon. This time it was just her, and Alexander.
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander exhaled softly, his half lidded eyes scanning for any sort of threat. Despite most of his conscious mind being in a deep trance, his slightly tense muscles were ready to react in milliseconds. He inhaled slowly and softly, his gaze panning for anything that could be a possible threat. A thought flickered at the edge of his mind. One corner of his mouth twitched upward for a moment, the only outward sign that he was even remotely aware of his surroundings.

He blinked a few times as the sun began rising over the unseen horizon, letting his awareness rise slowly as he concentrated, feeling his stiff body loosen up, unaware that the crescent moon marking on his wrist was pulsing slightly with a crystalline gleam. He inhaled slowly and deeply, rolling his head on his shoulders.

tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
She woke up with Alexander's movements. She felt stiff, and hungry. The sun must have been coming up because she could see him in the dawn light.

She moved and felt her back pop as she stretched.

"I don't know what we're going to do. I'm hungry and I'm thirsty. I'm sure you are too. We have a river there so that much is handled."

She looked at him. "Where are we going? Who can help us?" She noticed the mark on his wrist glowing. "Alexander, why is that mark on your wrist glowing?"
 

Alexander Èirílae Campbell
19 years of age
Alexander exhaled softly as he blinked a few times, still a bit sleepy."Well, fish are okay for breakfast, though I suspect that may get old quickly for meals. If you have friends in Bourges, it will help immensely, as that may be the nearest large village. We fled westward, since the sun is rising at our backs, although I'm not sure how were going to convince others of what we saw," he started before he paused, confused about her comment before he looked at his wrist and, indeed, the marking was pulsing slightly with a sapphire glow. "I have no idea how that's possible," he said with a hint of nervousness.
tribal20moon20tattoo_zpsazqfq5tn.jpg

Phone

Self Defense
 
"It will take some time to reach Bourges. Several weeks at least. There may be someone there, but will that creature try to kill them too? I don't want another death. Alexander, could that thing on your wrist mean something? Does the glow mean it's getting close?"

She was getting scared. Suddenly, there was a sound in the woods and Angelina looked around, trying to see what it was. A rabbit took off running through the underbrush. She sagged against Alexander.

"I'm sorry for being a fool."
 
Back
Top