Via Mortales (closed for silvertongue217)

LEK POV

"Well you know how he is" Lek said turning from the dorm doors to look at her "He loves to-"

Lek stopped mid sentence his eyes running up and down her body several times "I uh" He said rubbing the back of his head "That is you look-"

"Stunning"

Aegons voice rang out clear and confident. He stepped out of the doors of the dorm looking immaculate in a pair of dark jeans and a white button shirt with black swirls on it. He walked with confidence and ease coming over and spinning her before she could say any thing.

"Well who knew you could clean up so pretty" Aegon said his voice dripping with lust and pleasure as he kissed her hand "Shall we?"

"We shall" Lek growled pushing his way past his brother and walking over to the door leading back to the mortal world "Aegon since I bagged the kill before you your paying for the first round of drinks"
 
Lek's usual suave confidence was gone. Fallon watched with furrowed brows as he stumbled over his words. But, before she knew it she was swept off her feet by Aegon.

"Uh, thank you?' Fallon said to Argon, wondering what on earth these boys were up to. It had to be some kin of prank. They'd done similar before.

Though Aegon's kiss on her hand and the husky drop of his voice stirred something within herself she hadn't known was there. She allowed Aegon to lead her away and could only watch as Lek stormed off.

"Aegon," Fallon said, tugging him to a stop, "what is going on?" Her green eyes met his, butterflies in her stomach despite herself.
 
AEGON POV

"Whatever are you talking about my dear" Aegon said grinning and watching as his brother disappeared through the door. His eyes flashed and suddenly Fallon found her self pinned to the wall Aegon dangerously close to her.

"Perhaps both of us have just finally realized what a prize is in front of us" Aegon told her leaning in their lips inches apart "And maybe we just want to let you know were both looking.... both wanting"

"Are you two coming?!" Leks voice called out of the door angrily.

"Ah there he is" Aegon said smirking and releasing her "After you darling" He said winking and waving his hand at the door.
 
Fallon followed Aegon's gaze, but in a heartbeat found herself pinned to the wall. She struggled against his grip, instincts kissing in, until Aegon spoke. This was Aegon, her friend, he would never hurt her.

Aegon's words fell onto Fallon's skin, they sat there, like an oil slick on the surface of the ocean. She could understand what was saying, feel the weight of them, but she couldn't truly absorb them. His leaned in, lips inching closer and closer to her own, and she felt a new instinct rise within her. It was curious, and warm, but also undeniably hungry.

"Are you two coming?!"

And just like that the moment was gone. Aegon was off her and Fallon stumbled towwards Lek's voice, her head spinning from the chain of strange encounters the afternoon had brought.

~*~

An hour and a half later the trio entered the club. They had stopped first to grab dinner at their favourite diner, and everything had seemed normal between them again. Though Fallon couldn't forget what had happened. Aegon's smooth yet cryptic words, Lek's request for a kiss, the way her body had felt when the brothers had put their bodies so startlingly close to her own.

The music was pulsing, obliterating any hope Fallon had of feeling her own heartbeat. The thumping bass replaced it, and the flashing lights between utter darkness gave it all a very surreal look. The smell of writing bodies and alcohol filled her senses, and Fallon was looking forward to getting lost in the oblivion of it all. She looked around, scoping out the place for demons, but her eyes fell on a pretty brunette at the bar.

"Hey," Fallon called over the music, she leaned into Aegon and her lips brushed his ear so he could hear her. "There's the hottie you were dancing with last week! Go hit her up for a dance!" She suggested, pointing the to girl. She stepped back, winking at Lek. They had both shared a laugh about his brother's possible crush on the wonderfully normal human girl.
 
AEGON POV

Aegon heard her words and snorted not even sparing the pretty girl a glance. It was wonderfully ignorant of Fallon to think that he could be swayed by some normal girl. He was on a mission now and the minute he caught his brothers hopeful look he was even more resolved NOT to go over there.

"No thanks" He said turning to whispering in her ear, his hands slid down her belly before suddenly grabbing her hips and pulling her so that their bodies were lightly touching.

"Mmmm I think I like the company here" He said glancing over to grin at Lek. The poor brother was digging his fingers into the bar causing the wood to twist and rise up from his enhanced strength.

"Shall we go dance?" Aegon asked her smirking in pleasure "I would very much like to dance with you"
 
The evening just got stranger and stranger. Fallon felt Aegon's hand on her belly and hip as his words tickled her ears. Her eyes widened and she felt like a deer in the headlights. In some strange way, it felt only natural for Aegon to be touching her like this. The trio had been friends since before they could walk; rough-housing, joking and laughing together for almost two decades. The boys hugged her when she needed it, and she put her arm around their shoulders when they were down. The friendship she shared with Lek and Aegon was so strong, and her mother often told her that the best base for any relationship was a strong friendship.

Aegon's eyes flicked over her shoulder to Lek, but the motion was lost on Fallon. She was still trying to fathom the fact that he had decided against the pretty, mysterious brunette in her favor. And dancing with the boys wasn't unsual. They danced together every week. Though, from the way Aegon's hand was holding her close, from the husky tone in his voice, she knew this was different. She only wondered when things had changed.

"Sure," she said with a bright smile, trying to appear more collected than she felt and knowing Aegon would see right through it. "We'll be back okay," She said, turning to Lek and seeing the anger on his face. She reached out to pat him on the shoulder before being whisked away.
 
LEK POV

"You son of a bitch" Lek growled out his eyes narrowing to pinpoint anger as he watched Aegon and Fallon go away. He felt rocked to the car as he watched them begin to dance. His eyes followed every move... every touch of Aegon that spoke of more.

He growled and turned on his heel moving through the crowd and going to the exit. He pushed the door open slamming it shut and stepping out into the alleyway. He narrowed his eyes wishing above any thing for some thing to....

"HELP!"

"Thank you!" Lek growled running off to the source of the sounds.

...........................

AEGON POV

He danced with her his intent and his seduction clear from every touch. He had already bribed the DJ to play a song the minute he started dancing with her. It was a seductive song some thing deep and pulsating and meant to pull at both of their bodies.

And he made sure to enhance that

They finally moved back to get a drink his hand on the small of her back and keeping her close. He noted that Lek was gone and made sure Fallon didnt notice as he brought them to the bar.

"Well I think we should dance like that more often" Aegon said smirking in pleasure kissing her fingers.
 
Fallon laughed as she and Aegon made their way to the bar. His lips found her fingers and her face flushed. They had danced together a million times before, but this felt so different. It was so much more, and it had her feeling all sorts of wonderfully unexpected things. Though she was still so uncertain about what all of this mean. She ordered two drinks and waited until they arrived before looking at him, noting that his hand hadn't left the small of her back.

"Aegon, what's going on here?" She asked, leaning in close to him so he could hear her over the thunderous music.
 
"Man I know your hard headed but this is starting to get a little ridiculous" Aegon told her shaking his head and reaching out to brush his fingers against her knuckles "I dont think me and my darling brother can make it any more obvious but...."

He suddenly leaned in crossing the distance between them. He kissed her, he kissed her deeply his tongue moving into her mouth as the noise and beat of the club faded away.

They kissed for several minutes before he pulled away.

"Now do you understand whats going on?" He asked her raising an eyebrow "Of do I need to tell you again?" He asked with a cocky smirk.
 
Fallon was about to react to Aegon's insult with one of her own when his lips collided with hers, stealing all words away from her. Fallon fell into that kiss, got lost in it. The scent of Aegon, the feel of his body, it was all so familiar. Now, though, she was tasting him for the first time and she found him to be delicious.

When he pulled away she was dazed, but his words from right before the kiss stood out.

"You and your brother?" She asked with a frown. Her thoughts turned to the sparring session she had with Lek, and then finally she understood. The rivalry that had come to a head between them over the past few weeks, the constant vying for her attention.

"God, fuck," Fallon swore. Her hand was still lightly resting on Aegon's waist, but she looked around. "Wait, where's Lek?"
 
"You really want to worry about my brother right now" Aegon said leaning in to kiss and nip at her neck "I am sure hes fine probably scowling in some booth some where or dancing with some girl"

"Meanwhile im right here" He told her nipping at her ear and teasing it. His hands ran up and down her legs teasing it as he continued to kiss and nip at her neck.
 
Fallon placed her hands over Aegon's and held them still. She had been with a few guys before, but none of their hands made her feel the same way his did. She took a deep breath, thinking of Lek. It all made sense now; why he and Aegon had been at each other's throats, why he had tried to kiss her earlier, why he had been disappointed when Aegon never seemed to leave them alone.

"You've given me a lot to think about," Fallon said gently in his ear, so she could be heard over the pounding music, and then she stepped back away from his grasp. She looked around the club, not spotting Lek's face anywhere among it.

"We need to find your brother," Fallong said to Aegon. Her motivation to get drunk, dance and have a great night was draining from her.
 
"If you say so" Aegon said sighing and shaking his head. He rose looking around the bar for several minutes before frowning and sitting back down.

"He isnt here" He told her fishing out a few dollar bills and paying for the drinks "He might have gone home"

He doubted it though, not if he was angry enough.

"Why dont you check the front and ill check the back" He told her starting towards the back "If you find him text me okay?" He told her hovering on the edge of the crowd.
 
Fallon's gut twisted. If Lek did truly like her, and he had seen his brother kissing her, she was very concerned about what he may be doing now. She nodded at Aegon's suggestion and gave the dance floor one last cursory scan.

Outside the night was fresh and smelled of smoke. There were a group of people waiting to get in, chatting and laughing loudly as they smoked away. She walked over to the bouncer who smiled at her approach.

"Fallon! I thought you and the lads just walked in," Alex said with a laugh, crossing his thick arms over his beefy chest. Fallon's second sigh blurred when she looked at him; for a moment the image of a beefy human was replaced with a muscular astral being. Alex, or Alexander, was one of the few Astral or Demonic creatures who had been approved to reside publicly in a human populace. His job here was the reason for this. The club was built over an interplanar place of power that drew all kinds of people. Alex was here to keep an eye on things, and the Via Mortales were called to in to clean up.

"Have you seen Lek?" Fallon asked. Alexabder just shrugged as he checked a few more ID's. If Lek was out here then he would have seen him. So Fallon then walked around, ducking into the side alley between the club and a neighboring store.
 
MEANWHILE

THE ALLEY

"There you are"

"Go the fuck away" Lek growled dipping each word in malice. He ignored his brother and instead went back to punching the lead gang member. The others were in the dumpster groaning and crying out in pain, one was even crying!

"What did they do?" Aegon asked coming over as Lek punched the gang leader hard enough for his teeth to fly out.

"Tried to rape a woman" Lek grunted pushing the man against the brick wall "He had it coming"

"Did he?" Aegon asked raising an eyebrow "I didnt realize we were getting involved in mortal affairs"

"Dont give me that shit" Lek growled grabbing his leather jacket and pulling it back on as he moved to the opening of the alley way "I help people I am not like you I care"

"I care to!" Aegon protested

"Bull shit" Lek said laughing and turning "You may have every one fooled.... You may have Fallon fooled but you dont care you never had"

He poked Aegons chest for emphasis and turned continuing to make his way into the alley. Aegon watched him go unable to stop himself from smirking before he turned and disappeared back into the bar to find Fallon.
 
Fallon slipped into the shadows of the alley just in time to see Aegon turning from his brother and going back into the club whilst Lek pushed further into the darkness. She could tell from their postures that things were not okay between them, and as she skirted around the unconscious body of some human thug she felt a sense of dread rising in her. She stood by the door to the club, torn about where she should go, who she should follow. She had no idea what had vexed Lek this time, if he had seen Aegon kissing her, or if it was something else. She looked at the door, her own confusion almost overwhelming her as she tried to figure out what the hell to do next. But then her training and personal standards kicked in; she wasn't going to let a friend walk away. She wasn't sure what transpired between the brothers in the alley, but she couldn't let Lek stalk away into the night in this mood.

"Lek!" Fallon called out, starting at a run as she went down the path he had just taken. She would find Aegon later.
 
"What do you want?" Lek growled stomping down the alley way. He winced at his tone of voice but the image of the to of them kissing and dancing together filled his mind before he could feel to guilty about it.

"Aegons probably looking for you" Lek reminded her turning and eyeing the fire escape above them "Best get back to him"

He shot his hand out flinging a throwing knife at the release hatch. Moments later the fire escape came crashing down ringing out in the alleyway as he leaned against it.

"You better be careful with him" He told her his voice low "My brother is NOT what he seems he doesnt care not really" He said growling the last words out as he moved to mount the ladder.
 
Fallon gritted her teeth at Lek's tone. She could see the rage swirling in his eyes as she approached, and she wondered if it was because he had seen the kiss or whether Aegon had been goading him again. She rolled her eyes as he flung his knife and the fire escape latter clanged down in front of him.

"I didn't go after him, I came after you!" Fallon snapped, slipping between Lek and the ladder. She crossed her arms over her breasts and gave him her most serious glare. "And quite frankly have no idea what the fuck is going on between you two. All I know is that I am really confused, and that you are both being impossible to deal with. Lek, please, what the fuck is going on?"
 
Lek shook his head unable to help himself from laughing at her reaction.

"You really dont get it do you?" He said raising an eyebrow and leaning against the metal ladder "I dont know how much more we can make this clear to you but here it goes...."

Before she could say any thing he leaned down kissing her deeply. His hands ran up and down her back before grabbing her ass pulling her closer as he continued to kiss her. While Aegon had been a bit reserved Lek was ran and primal a full and deep kiss that spoke of a deep and passionate feeling for her. He kissed her for several more moments before finally pulling apart panting as he looked her in the eye.

"Do you get it now?" He asked her stepping back and panting.
 
For the second time that night Fallon found herself drawn into the arms of one of her best friends. She was too stunned to do anything other than stand for a moment. But Lek's kiss was not like Aegon's. It wasn't slow, or seductive... It was raw, passionate and needy in a way that made her knees weak. She let out a squeak of surprise as he grabbed her arse and tugged her against him. She moaned at the feel of their bodies pressed together.

But soon it was over, and Lek was panting as he looked into her eyes.

Fallon's lips were puffy from the hard kiss and she looked into Lek's eyes, her eyebrows furrowing as she struggled to comprehend the suddenness of it all.

"I- I.... When did this happen Lek?" She asked, torn between a million different questions. "We've always been friends, I know that. Hell, we've all even had ou own little attempts at romance. But this? Fuck, Lek. I didn't see it coming."
 
"What did you expect to happen?" Lek asked laughing and shaking his head "We do every thing together we fight together even! We have each others back time and time again and see each other at our worst and our best"

"It was only a matter of time before I fell for you" Lek told her sighing and reaching out to cup her cheek "And I did.... I did hard of course that captured the interest of my brother to" Lek said growling and leaning against the ladder.

"You all dont know him like I do" Lek said his voice low and angry "The prophecy of our birth I know what every one thinks I know every one names me but im not the only twin here!" He snapped angrily walking away and shaking his head.
 
Well, clearly Fallon hadn't expected it judging by the suprise that ran through her. Though she wouldn't say she was unhappy, she just needed time to adjust and figure out what it would mean for them. All three of them. When Lek reached out to cup Fallon's cheek to intimately it sent a thrill of pleasure through her.

Fallon bit her lip when talk turned to Aegon. Over the past few months things between the brothers had gotten tense. She had tried to talk to them both about it on a number of occasions and they had fobbed her off and told her that nothing was wrong. Now she knew better.

"Lek! For fuck sake- stop walking away from me!" Fallon snapped, running to catch up and then darting in front of him. She could see the torment in his eyes, the looming shadow of the prophecy and the weight of the judgement from the rest of the hunters.

Fallon reached up and took his face in both of her hands, forcing him to look at her.

"You wanna know what I think?" She said, voice sharp with frustration, "I think the prophecy is bullshit. Complete and total fucking bullshit! I think the Demon Queen knew she was going down and wanted to play one last twisted joke."

Fallon stopped suddenly, blushing when she realised how intensely she and Lek were looking at each other and how close they were.

"I don't believe a word of it. You are not evil. You are stubborn, hot headed, love picking fights and you don't know when to stop. But Lek-" Fallon sighed, "I've known you my whole life. Underneath all that shit you have a heart of gold. You are clever, strong, brave and you care about other so much sometimes it hurts!"
 
Leks eyes softened at her words and a bolt of pleasure ran through him as they continued to stare into each others eyes.

"Whether it is or is not is a moot point" Lek finally said his tone firm as he gently took her hands "The fact of the matter is that im not the only one living under the weight of it even if every one seems to think I am the most likely candidate"

"My brother wants you because I want you because its a game to him and you are one" He told her his voice blunt and honest "He doesn't feel the same way about you I do.... Doesn't love you like I do you and I we have been through so much shit together how could I have not fallen in love with you?" He whispered leaning down and kissing her once more. His hand moved to the small of her back picking her up and pressing them together as he kissed her passionately.
 
Fallon frowned at Lek's assessment of the situation. She couldn't believe that Aegon would pursue her purely because Lek wanted to. Where Lek was brash and passionate, Aegon was considerate and collected. He wasn't the type to act rashly out of spite. Besides, Fallon though, Lek hadn't felt the passionate tease in Aegon's kiss. She had, and she had a hard time believing it wasn't real.

And then Lek said something that caught her attention. He loved her. He had loved her all along. When he kissed her she had no doubt about it. She also knew that she loved him too. Perhaps not in the way that he loved her, but Fallon knew it wouldn't take much for everything to change. He was right, they'd all been through so much together and they had known each other for so long that there was no doubting the affection she felt for the both of them.

Fallon pulled away from Lek's kiss and put a gentle hand on his chest. She bit her lip as she let her body recover from the taste of him. She didn't want to stop the kiss. It was incredible, but at the realisation that she loved both Aegon and Lek she couldn't keep the kiss going; it didn't seem fair to either of them.

"Lek, I'm gonna need a bit of time to think about all of this," She said with a wave of her hand. She looked back over her shoulder at the alley way entrance to the club and frowned. "I don't really feel like dancing any more. Maybe we should get Aegon and head home."
 
Lek frowned at her words and at the lack of a commitment spoken from them. He opened his mouth to argue against it before he wisely choose not to.

"Take all the time in the world" He said his voice a little clipped "You go ahead and collect Aegon I have no wish to return to HQ any times soon"

He gave her one last lingering look before he grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips. He kissed it gently and then turned grabbing the ladder and pushing himself up it and onto the fire escape.

"Tell my brother not to wait up" He called to her a small smile on his face as he blew her a kiss "Au Revoir Mi Amor!"
 
Back
Top