THE WATERCOOLER

What I want to know is why oh why did they always have to sculpt teeny-weinies? And they often seem disproportionally teeny!


I have it on good authority that Michelangelo initially planned to sculpt Vienna sausages, but he didn't want to limit his audience to a single city.;)
 
I have it on good authority that Michelangelo initially planned to sculpt Vienna sausages, but he didn't want to limit his audience to a single city.;)

Well, he should have had his mind on bratwursts. That way the audience could have seen his masterpiece!

Unfortunately, I'm on to the Dutch masters (or is that Dutch Masters?) and now everyone has on too much clothing, and I mean too much! Yards and yards of material. Oh, wait. Why isn't there any Reubens in this here ol' text? Ahh, I see, Baroque is next week. Phew!
 
Well, he should have had his mind on bratwursts. ...
Did you know that originally bratwursts were made from real brats? I can think of a few brats living near me who could, with advantage, be turned into sausages, and then sold as rat poison.
 
Did you know that originally bratwursts were made from real brats? I can think of a few brats living near me who could, with advantage, be turned into sausages, and then sold as rat poison.

And I thought you were Welsh! You wouldn't happen to be related to a guy named Swift would you?

And what were Knockwursts made out of? Old door clappers?
 
Last edited:
And I thought you were Welsh! You wouldn't happen to be related to a guy named Swift would you?

And what were Knockwursts made out of? Old door clappers?



Now that we know the origins of bratwurst and knockwurst, it's time to solve an age-old mystery: if olive oil comes from pressed olives and peanut oil comes from pressed peanuts, does baby oil...
 
Now that we know the origins of bratwurst and knockwurst, it's time to solve an age-old mystery: if olive oil comes from pressed olives and peanut oil comes from pressed peanuts, does baby oil...

You must be related to Swift too!! For shame!
 
Now that we know the origins of bratwurst and knockwurst, it's time to solve an age-old mystery: if olive oil comes from pressed olives and peanut oil comes from pressed peanuts, does baby oil...
I have never investigated baby oil, but I do know where penetrating oil (aka easing oil) can be found.
 
No she hasn't been tested for diabetes or hypoglycemia because this isn't something they are concerned with. She drinks plenty of fruit juice throughout the day.

The fainting are not only once or twice a day but more like 8-15 times/day. And now more and more she's out of it for longer period of time. She's passed all the test they could think of so far and everything came back negative. Now we're waiting on the results of an EEG test as now the doctor is thinking that it might be related to a minor form of epilepsy:eek: Which would REALLY surprise me as I know what epilepsy looks like like...my son suffers from it and I've seen it enough time to know what is is and isn't.
I was thinking it was epilepsy also. That was the first thing I thought of when I was reading your post.
 
interesting discussion.

I'll recount a bit of a marketing class I once took:

Y'all know how on canned goods there's usually a picture, tomatoes, beans, etc... that kind of reflects the contents of a can or bottle of stuff? that's all for illiterate or semi-literate people. Gerber had a problem selling lil jars of baby food in Africa. it seems the people there didn't want to buy jars of baby
 
Testing - testing -

Received a message from a concerned friend of Starscape inquiring about her welfare. I edited her "Intended" series - she has such talent - and am hoping all is well. If anyone can comment this may be a big relief.
 
Testing - testing -

Received a message from a concerned friend of Starscape inquiring about her welfare. I edited her "Intended" series - she has such talent - and am hoping all is well. If anyone can comment this may be a big relief.

I think she voted in a poll on AH today. So, she must still be reading here.
 
Women who live the life of their dreams don't get there by being dainty and darling. They demand what they want and do what it takes to make it happen.
 
Last edited:
Wow, the Editor's Forum has been very quiet as of lately.

I would like to wish all the members a happy holidays. Whatever you choose to celebrate, I hope that it is joyous and full of love.

~Paul
 
Happy New Year's all! I may even digress and share a prayer with all of those victims in Haiti. Don't know quite what to say, except to be very thankful to be here.
 
Besides, don't look now (I said don't look!), but I think something is tracking you in the Paris sewers.

Yeah, my thought too. I read the unabridged version during the first gulf war, had lots of time while flying missions nearing 20 hours. Really great writing, but I first had to go through the Thomas Hardy stories to get into that frame of mind. It's not easy reading the classics. First got turned onto them after enjoying the movie Tess of the D'Urberville's, spelling may be wrong.

Really liked the one about father time, unsure of the title, but all of the Hardy stories were enjoyable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
if olive oil comes from pressed olives and peanut oil comes from pressed peanuts, does baby oil...

...come from babies? Yes. And when all the oil is pressed out, what's left is ground up and dried into baby powder. It's like sea monkeys. Add some water, and make your own!

Now there's an idea for a story.

-Seurat, who should be convicted of threadomancy.
 
...reading Ms. Gloria Tesch's 'sweeping epic novel' - oh, sorry. Novels :(

Cool send a link if you have one ^^.

Actually speaking of novels has anyone read like a novel where main character is in the interdimensional detective in distant future where due to the massive amount of technological advances everyone, for some odd reason, lost their ability to be creative. So instead people have started this illegal process of using dimensional travel to steal people from books and then bring them to the real world and forced to be actors and stage plays.

However, the problem is when they take them from the book the story changes and infact the essentially dies becuase it has no longer an ending, so its up to the main character to find and capture the person stealing books and restore balance the multiverse.

In one particular story, the main character has to chase a thief into an book on the Ethics of Engineering, where the entire cast is on this like mystery cruise ship that every engineering and ethical problem starts occuring on and the main character has to make ethical judgements and fix things. Of course its one ethic problem after another, so he is essentially trapped in a world of bad ethics

Eventually, that book ends by the main character realising he has to sacrifice himself an row away from the ship, becuase all the ethical problems occur because he is there.

Does anyone heard of a book or series that is like this?

If so do you remember the name?
 
Back
Top