The American left has completely lost it

At least no Canadian families are being harmed.

It's only the "brown" Hispanics.

Not the Zimmerman family.
;) ;)


Is it not amazing how quickly they go to using race as a weapon?

See any other-than-brown people in the camp photos, Sensei Senseless?
I sure didn't.

Sure looks like they're singling out the Hispanic "animals" to me.

Brown people sure seem to frighten "law 'n order" ex-Marines like you and NotVetteman.
 
So, you dislike the following of the law?
You prefer a President who ignores it?

Would you like a President Trump unleashed from the law as much as President Obama was championed for ignoring it once he did not have to worry about reelection? Is that the sum of your argument? Were you even aware of the separation issue until it was brought to your attention at the beginning of the week? Is your naivety so consistent that you think families were being held together this Spring and now, and only now being separated for the first time?

I dislike people like you and vette and ish and probably about half of these hate filled fucks on the left.
Trump is no better at following the law than Obama was or Clinton or most people in our government. He's just as big a scumbag but also childish. Don't like him, didn't like Obama, think Hilary is an evil human being, think Sanders is a fool and both Bushes were terrible presidents even if they were decent people.
You rail against partisanship then display it in its full glory like the pile of goat shit that you are.
 
Please explain the Obama policy towards illegal families and children so that we can see how it differs from the policy Trump enacted upon his election.

The Obama Admin did not turn all parents over to the Federal Marshalls for processing, but kept them in ICE instead.

There. Happy?
 
Deny, all that you want.

No one has done something this horrible, for a long time. You cannot cover up legal matters.


The horse is out of the barn, and damage control will not have much effect, after the fact.

How horrible is it that they were being fed, cared for, treated and given legal counseling before being placed with responsible sponsors. Now, the inhumanity, oh the inhumanity, of leaving them with their parents...

Why do you hate their parents? Because they are "brown" adults?
Or is it that the families are simply not allowed to "free range" outside of their home countries?
 
And that’s the Dinesh D’Souza level crackpottery I was talking about, RG.

He and a few others simply won't let go of that meme. He was like that when he was Vette, too only a little more of a pussy if you can believe that.
 
Is there an understood timeframe used by these scrabbling Trumpsters - say, two administrations ago - that is loosely adhered to when using whataboutisms, or is it just about using something Democrat, anything historic about the other ‘team’, to try and deflect from and justify what is actually currently happening?

Is there a play book, or is it more a go-by-the-seat-of-your-pants thing, where you bleat “but Obama!” or “Yeah, well, HIIIILLLLLAAAARRRRRY!”, ‘cause your gut tells you that’s the whataboutism to run with?
 
Trump didn't build those facilities or write the laws that brought them into being, dummy.

You mean the converted Walmarts to house kids?

What, you think those were left overs from operation Jade Helm?
 
IMG_0102.jpg


IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg


Racism gonna racism. :(



Ohhh buzz feed.....got some InfoWarz to go with it??? :rolleyes:
 
A number of things:

--The crisis is not the overload of cases, period. There were something like 1 million illegal aliens entering under Bush in some years vs. something like 250 - 500 thousand this year (approximations). if we could process that many a decade ago without this clusterfuck, there is no excuse for not being able to handle it now. The idea that hordes are just pouring over the border in unprecedented number is just wrong.

--The MSM has seen Stephen Miller and interviewed him many times and knows his rabid immigration views (and Sessions') are behind this. To say separating kids was just an unfortunate consequence, can't be helped, is Trump spin and the MSM knows better.

--It doesn't help, as you say, to have Trump hacks citing deterrence as a reason. Or not letting elected US Congressmen in to see the shelters. Not letting reporters and cameras in. Not saying where exactly the kids are being kept. Not allowing photos. Secreting kids away in the middle of the night to God knows where. And the endless blatant contradictory lying all make it highly suspicious. The press wouldn't be doing its job if it didn't track this down. It is in every way a self-induced crisis because of their bad, bad handling of it.


--No matter what the rationale, it became abundantly clear that the Trump Admin had no real plan of what to do with these kids or how to reunite them with their families, which is criminally appalling to 70% of Americans. The "mainstream."


--Some reports are much more substantive than others. MSNBC is down there and doing a great job. CNN is doing its usual hysteric 24/7 coverage but that's not specific to this crisis, they do that all the time.

I think that’s a bit unfair, because I like to talk about specific things, as generalizations tend just turn into circle-jerks.

So I will mention a couple of specific things I’m unhappy with what the “liberal media” is doing with the migrant children hullabaloo. Please let me know if it’s the kind of info you are looking for.

First, the wall-to-wall coverage, the “let’s jettison all other news and talk about these kids,” coverage. It’s ridiculous. And I don’t think the decision to cast aside all other news to talk about these poor kids is driven by the desire to help these kids. It’s ratings based, period.

Second, they are doing a terrible job of explaining what the Trump Administration is doing that’s actually different from previous administrations (Obama and Bush) with these kids. Almost all the time they are just saying “it’s not a law, it’s a policy.” And that’s almost as misleading as when Trump said, “the Democrats are making us do this.”

It’s a prosecutorial discretion policy. Previously, the prosecutors working with ICE had the discretion of who to charge with what crime, including not charging a crime at all.

Here’s the truth as I understand it. What’s new, and what’s lead to this crisis (and the crisis is the fact that the overload of cases is causing the apparata at the border to break down), is the new DOJ policy implemented by Sessions several months ago. And it’s not a “we’re going to separate kids from their parents, muahaha” policy. Sessions has told the prosecutors that they are to charge all border crossers with the highest crime they can, no matter the circumstance; he’s removed all prosecutorial discretion (not an especially uncommon thing to do, I might add.)

Because of that, every adult was handed over to the Federal Marshals. Because of that, it made sense to classify kids whose parents had been sent to the Marshals as “unaccompanied minors” and we’re off to the races.

The OE stops the policy of handing over all adults to the Marshalls.

The news media, however, has been able to get away with calling child separation the Trump policy because of the horrible contradictory messaging coming out of the Admin. Particularly, the quotes about child separation being an effective deterrent (and the quotes from other members of the Admin saying it’s not being used as a deterrent.)



This is generalized bologna. I’ll make you a deal. I won’t group you with Richard Preston, the KKK imperial wizard who shot at people with a handgun at the Charlottesville rally, and you don’t group me in with the idiots who threw bottles and balloons full of urine at the right-wing protestors at the same rally.

Sound fair?
 
If you're on the left, are you OK with the narratives coming from your reps in media/entertainment?

And don't ask what I'm talking about. If you do, you're either feigning ignorance/indignation and just gearing up to spar, or you're too far gone to see what's happening. I'm not inviting the dogmatic to spew. They probably will anyway, but I won't be replying to any of that.

I know there are some thoughtful people here who commonly identify with the left. Those are the people I'm interested in talking to. If you're one of them, are you uncomfortable with how things are going on the left? How long have you been aware of the problem? Are you trying in any way to restore some sanity to it?

And don't start howling that it's all about those dastardly right-wingers. If you have intellectual integrity, you can't pretend that the hatred being generated by the left isn't violently and grotesquely disproportionate.

Brooding in Bonneville,
Ellie


Right now I'm spending my time being mad about things that are worth being mad about, like babies in prison.

And I don't have "reps in media/entertainment." I speak for myself only, and no one speaks for me.
 
A number of things:

--The crisis is not the overload of cases, period. There were something like 1 million illegal aliens entering under Bush in some years vs. something like 250 - 500 thousand this year (approximations). if we could process that many a decade ago without this clusterfuck, there is no excuse for not being able to handle it now. The idea that hordes are just pouring over the border in unprecedented number is just wrong.

It is the overload of criminal cases that is causing the crisis. The number of migrants has decreased. But Session’s new policy requires that the DOJ prosecute every migrant to the maximum extent of the law. They’ve never done that before. So while the number of migrants has decreased, the number of criminal prosecutions for border crossings has skyrocketed. And since the new policy, all parents are handed over to the Federal Marshalls while the kids stay with ICE. So parents are being held and processed by one department while the kids are being held by the other. And that’s a catastrophe.
 
Right now I'm spending my time being mad about things that are worth being mad about, like babies in prison.

And I don't have "reps in media/entertainment." I speak for myself only, and no one speaks for me.

You said what I meant only nicer.

Elle,look at your thread and then tell us who the unhinged dingbats are here. I doubt you'll be honest.
 
You care enough about what that idiot says to look? Wait...I forgot he used to head up the Democrat terror arm, called the KKK.:rolleyes:

The KKK are mad up of republicans and Trump supporters.

No amount of spin will change that unpleasant truth.
 
The KKK are mad up of republicans and Trump supporters.

No amount of spin will change that unpleasant truth.

Where did you get your "made up" data on that unpleasant truth? How many people are in the KKK today?

I don't blame progressives for going off the deep end on this "new" border policy. It's not new. The reporting has been dishonest. And apparently children were abused - before Trump was president.
 
Rob....totally comfortable with his blatant hypocrisy....not at all shocking. :cool:

please explain...insofar as your seemingly limited command of the English language allows...exactly what is "hypocritical" about my comments to you.

Pro-tip: disagreeing with you is not "hypocrisy".

*tussles Moochie's greasy little scalp
 
Back
Top