Are you dominant or submissive

I said I was submissive in the bedroom but my Dom says different. He says I'm 24/7 sub. Sometimes we disagree and I end up writting hundred of I will not or I am not statements as punishment. But I have figured I am submissive with him. I know a friend who said no what I was describing was a slave but he says no I am not his slave, I am his sub. I think our dynamic is such that what do the labels mean anyway. We are what we are to each other and if it doesn't match your definition so be it. Sir and i are happy the way we see each other. I know I prefer his ways better than some of the stories I have read. All I know is he says we aren't playing at it we are living the lifestyle. I may be home right now but won't be for long. Once I complete the truck driving training and become a full fledged truck driver I may end up being more dominant but Sir says no I will not. I will do as he says within our agreement and he will continue trying to get the real me to appear instead of the me that I always thought I was based on societies definition of what I should be. He said he knows the real me and he intends on bringing the real me out even if he looses me in the long run. He says I will be better either way. All I know is I am happy and I have not been happy in a very long time. So I happily say I am submissive. Though why was the question asked and why am I replying.

I said I was submissive in the bedroom but my Dom says different. He says I'm 24/7 sub. Sometimes we disagree and I end up writting hundred of I will not or I am not statements as punishment. But I have figured I am submissive with him. I know a friend who said no what I was describing was a slave but he says no I am not his slave, I am his sub. I think our dynamic is such that what do the labels mean anyway. We are what we are to each other and if it doesn't match your definition so be it. Sir and i are happy the way we see each other. I know I prefer his ways better than some of the stories I have read. All I know is he says we aren't playing at it we are living the lifestyle. I may be home right now but won't be for long. Once I complete the truck driving training and become a full fledged truck driver I may end up being more dominant but Sir says no I will not. I will do as he says within our agreement and he will continue trying to get the real me to appear instead of the me that I always thought I was based on societies definition of what I should be. He said he knows the real me and he intends on bringing the real me out even if he looses me in the long run. He says I will be better either way. All I know is I am happy and I have not been happy in a very long time. So I happily say I am submissive. Though why was the question asked and why am I replying.
This reminds me of the quip; "Men marry women expecting that they will never change-- but they do."

You most certainly might end up becoming more dominant. People tend to do that. It may be a real battle between him and you when that happens, and yes indeed he may lose you in the long run.
Enjoy it for now, be ready to take the steps you need to save yourself later. You will indeed be better-- but he might not think so.

This reminds me of the quip; "Men marry women expecting that they will never change-- but they do."

You most certainly might end up becoming more dominant. People tend to do that. It may be a real battle between him and you when that happens, and yes indeed he may lose you in the long run.
Enjoy it for now, be ready to take the steps you need to save yourself later. You will indeed be better-- but he might not think so.

I always find this question brings up the interesting modern problem of whether a person is their job or not. People really seem to be hung up on being their job. I've done service industry jobs, maybe they're a poorer fit for me or more demoralizing because of my orientation, but I still did them, it was bread on table, it's just that.

Also, people think that if you weren't the pack leader every time you and your friends went out for ice cream you're not really dominant. Being Type B and not caring about the details of group planning and dynamics doesn't mean you are a submissive person or a dominant person.

It's terrible applying this kind of logic to human sexuality, which is so personal and so individualized.

The whole "I'm submissive, BUT...." you don't see people doing "I'm Dominant BUT...." and I think they should have to. I'm Dominant BUT I'm not an overbearing dickface. I'm Dominant BUT I'm not a control freak who can't undergo basic medical procedures.

Last edited:
Oh, it's not that at all.

I think that the experiences of a job like that may very well influence a person. And that might carry over into their personal life.

When I was younger I wasn't sure I could express my dominant nature effectively. I wasn't sure what to do with it.
I know that working in construction made a difference in how I understood myself. Pretty much all of my life experiences made a difference in that way. Still do.

This person's Sir might have the right of it. What do we know?

Happily submissive. I'm healthy, I like myself, I do not believe I am an object to be used, and He does not see me that way. Submission is just in in my blood - the desire to please, to follow, to be under His authority. :)

Dominant in the bedroom. But in everyday life, everyone is equal!

The bedroom, up against the wall, in the laundry room, on the kitchen counter, the desk in your office, in the car, the back deck...you really shouldn't limit yourself so much. :p

Very submissive in that I really enjoy pleasing others, but still creative and engaged in the process, not just waiting for orders... :)

I consider myself a Switch - Dom or Sub depending on the situation.

I am definitely the type of guy that can take full control of the situation and treat her as my sexual pet, giving orders and expecting her to fully obey them.

I'm also the type of guy that doesn't mind a dominant woman that will use me and my hard body for her own pleasure. Give me my order mistress.

It's all a heck of a lot of fun isn't it!

Back