Spelling?

GotBacon

Virgin
I got some interesting feedback. They said my spelling was bad. I need to check my spell checker.
Open Office.

It seem that, like every other site. It's full of trolls.

I got some interesting feedback. They said my spelling was bad. I need to check my spell checker.
Open Office.

It seem that, like every other site. It's full of trolls.

typos will happen no matter how careful you are a perfect story is near impossible.

My response is always let them try to do better

The spell checker won't catch typo's or misused words like...

There, their, they're.

Each is spelled correctly, but it's use is completely different.

As LC says though, if they think they can do better let'em try. I usually, if the comment isn't made by Anonymous, go check to see how many stories they have under their belt. I usually get a chuckle out of it, as they have none. Of course that isn't an indicator of whether or not they write. They could be using an ALT to comment on stories they read.

yup

Read it allowed. Or have someone you trust try to read it to you.

You'll be surprised what you can find.

Read it allowed. Or have someone you trust try to read it to you.

You'll be surprised what you can find.

I read to my wife before I post and catch a lot of mistakes because I have ti focus on every word. Good way to catch awkward phrasing too....when she says. "Wait, what?" I know it needs tweaking.

BTW you may want to read your post "allowed" :D perfect example of spellcheck, auto correct.

I read to my wife before I post and catch a lot of mistakes because I have ti focus on every word. Good way to catch awkward phrasing too....when she says. "Wait, what?" I know it needs tweaking.

BTW you may want to read your post "allowed" :D perfect example of spellcheck, auto correct.

you too...

Spell checker is good but not definitive. A human eye helps.

Using a dictionary is better than either of those--but the combination of all three is best (while taking the dictionary's word for it over either the spell checker or the human eye).

Speaking of the human eye, changing the font, the font size, or even the background color will make errors easier to find.

I'll wave my writing snob flag here. Spelling checkers, grammar checkers, auto-correct--they're all crutches when what's truly needed is a personal knowledge of correct writing. That is why, thankfully, human editors will always have job prospects. :D

The OP's last line is an excellent example. It should read:

It seems that, like every other site, it's full of trolls.

:rose:

Last edited:
The OP's last line is an excellent example. It should read:

It seems that, like every other site, it's full of trolls.

:rose:

actually um...:

"It seems that, like every other site, it...[Literatica is] full of trolls."

if you want to get technical about your correction...

Typos are to writers what fleas as to dogs. We can do our best to keep 'em down, but we can never eradicate them.

They're just part of life...

pubic-defender-typo.jpg

Typos are to writers what fleas as to dogs. We can do our best to keep 'em down, but we can never eradicate them.

They're just part of life...

pubic-defender-typo.jpg

How do you know that's a typo? Perhaps he defends pubic hair against the women who want to go smooth?

Keying of which, I have an unopened box of 12 red Col-erase pencils available. Haven't used one of those since the early 2000s.

This looks like a real bad case of auto correct

This thread is proving to the OP that....none of us can spell or type worth a damn

This looks like a real bad case of auto correct

This thread is proving to the OP that....none of us can spell or type worth a damn

You key posts to a computer bulletin board, dumbass; you don't speak them or write them. :D

You shouldn't get into discussions on word usage and editing, LC. You're not educated for that.

You key posts to a computer bulletin board, dumbass; you don't speak them or write them. :D

You shouldn't get into discussions on word usage and editing, LC. You're not educated for that.

At least I'm educated enough to not post book advertisements with the wrong year posted in them like you did for months, good sign of a quality editor when they type an incorrect year and then don't catch it.

You have a story title with a bad typo in it as well. Is that more of your superior education?

Nope, human error, like everyone else, except everyone else here admits it and laughs about it.

Keying, the installation of cryptographic key material into a device. So keying in a post....okay, you can have it, sure its a term....but the usage?

"Keying....of which"

Really? People go around saying that, huh?

Whatever Pilot you cling to the piece of paper daddy bought for you.

I've heard some interesting stories of your editing or lack thereof here.

Last edited:
I am an excellent speller and my grammar is above reproach.

It's just that Anonymous can't read!

I'd take the red pencils off your hand. My job requires that I use them daily and often!

And there is always some mouth-breathing slack-wit who thinks it's his god-given job to nazi-grammer-spellcheck-police every story in order to find something wrong so his time in the basement with the Jergen's lotion and the fluorescent tan is justified.

-V

Last edited:
That is why, thankfully, human editors will always have job prospects.

I wish I could agree with you, dear Slave, but human editors are an endangered species. I should know ... I'm a professional editor (among other things) and all I hear from my fellow editors out there is that they're hanging on to their jobs by their fingernails.

(And did you notice that I put every iteration of "there" in that last sentence, Zeb? Of course you did.)

How do you know that's a typo? Perhaps he defends pubic hair against the women who want to go smooth?

Good point! We seriously need that guy in office! :D

Put an end to prickly stubbles, molluscum infections and razor burns

Take a stand against sandpaper pussy

VOTE NATURAL
VOTE JEFF BUCKLES

pubic_defender_typo.jpg

"I stand for truth, justice and pubes. JB"

Last edited:
One of the world's 'little' problems: a lot of us use English as our first language and many of us use English as our second language. But our preferred spelling varies markedly. However, if you write 'color' or 'traveler', believe me: I, as a Brit, know exactly what you mean. I even know what you mean if you say 'there' rather than 'their'. But I'd prefer that you didn't. It makes me go 'ouch!' :)

Back