Old 07-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
stickygirl
Literotica Guru
 
stickygirl's Avatar
 
stickygirl is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,185
Trans heroes

I was just watching a documentary "Spitfire Girls" about women pilots in WWII who ferried military aircraft from factories to where they were needed. The interviewed old ladies were still amazing women, often with a slightly detached presence as they thought back to those days for the camera. One woman told about a friend who "always thought like a man" and who later went on to change his gender to male: without a single word of criticism or disapproval.
So I googled and found another amazing story in today's Independent which tells of a MtF trans woman who flew combat aircraft in that war, then raced cars then transitioned in later life. She died alone in 2011 but her daughters didn't find out until two years later.

Just thought I'd share this
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
ErickTheRed
Literotica Guru
 
ErickTheRed is offline
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,123
I know a girl she is 20 and she trouvh hard time being trans gender,

So yeah being in the wrong body back then such a big issue!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2015, 03:19 PM   #3
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,605
Lynn Conway is a hero to many trans computer geeks.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,605
Ten Trans Women Pioneers they didn't teach in history class
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #5
stickygirl
Literotica Guru
 
stickygirl's Avatar
 
stickygirl is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,185
some more useful anti-troll info

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36429860

Transgender people are banned from serving in the US armed forces, yet an estimated 12,800 do, the vast majority in secret. Jane, a senior airman, has hidden her gender identity from the military for 25 years. She hopes a policy review announced last year will allow her finally to be herself.

Hypermasculinity is a route quite a lot of transgender people go and that takes them into the military, often pursuing the more dangerous active duties - and excelling. Because we're mentally ill and a liability and disgrace to our countries - you know, complete failures like ex-Navy Seal, Kristin Beck who risked her life and fought for her country.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
leather_spitfire
Jess
 
leather_spitfire's Avatar
 
leather_spitfire is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: central south uk
Posts: 1,496
having to (mostly) hide my trans-ness is so hard. i have ways of expressing a few things though at least. when i think about the people who have to completely closet their trans identity, it makes me incredibly sad. i can totally understand why a lot would go the hyper-masculinity route, i guess to try to block it out and give away no clue as to their true nature? the fact these people can excel at what they do makes them even more incredible to me
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
coati
Literotica Guru
 
coati is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 624
two more nominations

Two trans heroes I would like to mention are Namoli Brennet and Stickygirl:

Namoli has been out for years, chronicling her life in original music that she composes, performs, and markets every day. She does her work with such humanity, conveying her joy, mischievousness, and passion to her audience.

Stickygirl is a star of this website, essentially exploring people's attitudes and prejudices, educating them about trans life with humor and equanimity, and standing in dignity and grace against the scourge of objectifying trans women.

Both of these heroes are uplifting to all whom they touch with their art. They make me feel good about being a human. We need to recognize the heroes amongst us.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #8
stickygirl
Literotica Guru
 
stickygirl's Avatar
 
stickygirl is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,185
I've very touched Coati, but really, Namoli is way out there. I'm just a whiny pain in the ass who gets pissed at injustice, but yes, sometimes humour gets results when others methods don't. I'm grateful to have this platform and for people being so patient with me
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #9
haurni
Literotica Guru
 
haurni's Avatar
 
haurni is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
Stickygirl is a star of this website, essentially exploring people's attitudes and prejudices, educating them about trans life with humor and equanimity, and standing in dignity and grace against the scourge of objectifying trans women.
Seconded. You're pretty much Lit's advocate for transgender people, which is far more than most people do. I've learned a lot from you.
__________________
  • See the 'home page' link on my profile for my explicit pics & videos
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 AM   #10
weav610
Experienced
 
weav610 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: You're mom's house
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by coati View Post
Two trans heroes I would like to mention are Namoli Brennet and Stickygirl:

Namoli has been out for years, chronicling her life in original music that she composes, performs, and markets every day. She does her work with such humanity, conveying her joy, mischievousness, and passion to her audience.

Stickygirl is a star of this website, essentially exploring people's attitudes and prejudices, educating them about trans life with humor and equanimity, and standing in dignity and grace against the scourge of objectifying trans women.

Both of these heroes are uplifting to all whom they touch with their art. They make me feel good about being a human. We need to recognize the heroes amongst us.
Very proud of stickygirl!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 12:24 AM   #11
weav610
Experienced
 
weav610 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: You're mom's house
Posts: 30
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickygirl View Post
I've very touched Coati, but really, Namoli is way out there. I'm just a whiny pain in the ass who gets pissed at injustice, but yes, sometimes humour gets results when others methods don't. I'm grateful to have this platform and for people being so patient with me
Humble as well... Rose(Nadia)such a beautiful name. Keep working for the good fight sister
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
TransChick
Really Experienced
 
TransChick's Avatar
 
TransChick is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 240
Sylvia Rivera has always been a heroine of mine for her activism from Stonewall onward.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #13
Hard_Rom
Northumbrian Skald
 
Hard_Rom's Avatar
 
Hard_Rom is offline
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,623
Michelle Duff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Duff

Michelle Ann Duff (born Michael Alan Duff on December 13, 1939 in Toronto) is a former Grand Prix motorcycle road racer. Her best season was in 1965 when she won the 250cc Finnish Grand Prix and finished the year in second place to Phil Read.

Duff suffered a near-fatal crash in Japan and required extensive surgery and physical therapy. Her recovery was documented in the 1967 National Film Board of Canada short documentary film Ride for Your Life, directed by Robin Spry.

Following sex reassignment surgery, she wrote about her life as a trans woman in Make Haste, Slowly: The Mike Duff story.

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/46...uff-040615.jpg

http://www.michelle-duff.ca/webphoto...elleramsey.jpg

http://www.michelle-duff.ca/webphotos/spawin.jpg

Ride for Your Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM2XFeP8Urg

Member of the Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Fame
__________________
Get enough snowflakes together and you can shut down an entire country.
Resistance is not futile.
Only a weak country needs a strongman as leader.

Last edited by Hard_Rom : 05-12-2017 at 10:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 AM   #14
JaxRhapsody
Literotica Guru
 
JaxRhapsody's Avatar
 
JaxRhapsody is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisville,KY
Posts: 638
Car and Driver used to(not sure if they still do, haven't read it in years) have an artist that drew comics and whatnot named Pippa something. I was always ammused with her art. There wasn't any information on her since all she did was draw. It wasn't until an episode of Discoverys Monster Garage that she was on the build team, that I found out that my favorite car mag artist was MtF trans. I thought that was awesome as fuck.
__________________
I am the darkest of the light, a cold hearted lover. I am strife reborn, I am the beast. The one who is rage incarnate.
Lifes a laugh and death is the joke spoke the mad man laughing at the rain.

The Rhapsodic LaviathanThese are the stories.
Stories of Velocity C'mon and stay a spell!
My AH profile
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 06:51 AM   #15
Vail_Indigo
Unsafe at any speed
 
Vail_Indigo's Avatar
 
Vail_Indigo is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pfft
Posts: 31,239
To be honest...I didn't even know there were any transgender people on Literotica anymore. I knew one, but she's long gone.
__________________

Kissing isn't prelude.


You are my liar, so I will be your thief

Language Of Angels 2


A couple solo threads:
Rebecca Garrote, P.I.: For hire. Mysteries, the lost, the missing, facilitation and all manners of unique services.
Everything Is Personal: Tales From Intersect City
The Unders: Darkness beneath Intersect City

All My SRP Information (Current and older SRPs, Notebook/Braindump, SRP Profile)
My SRP Profile

The Vortex Of Silk And Teeth
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #16
stickygirl
Literotica Guru
 
stickygirl's Avatar
 
stickygirl is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Car and Driver used to(not sure if they still do, haven't read it in years) have an artist that drew comics and whatnot named Pippa something. I was always ammused with her art. There wasn't any information on her since all she did was draw. It wasn't until an episode of Discoverys Monster Garage that she was on the build team, that I found out that my favorite car mag artist was MtF trans. I thought that was awesome as fuck.
I look in the mirror every day and promise to be awesome meh - some days are better than others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vail_Indigo View Post
To be honest...I didn't even know there were any transgender people on Literotica anymore. I knew one, but she's long gone.
Well, now you know another *curtsey*

Last edited by stickygirl : 09-05-2017 at 11:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
Stacy_TG
Really Really Experienced
 
Stacy_TG's Avatar
 
Stacy_TG is offline
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Somewhere on this big round ball...
Posts: 450
I just came in to say sticky is my hero.

I love you, sweetie!

*hugs*
__________________
I know my place...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.