Any hardcore Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire fans?

I agree with you totally. I kinda had no idea why they were ranging north in the first place, and why jon and the others (I didn't even know halfhand's name and why he was important at the time) split off from the group. It really does help to have both, and then go back to whichever one you saw first after consuming the other half.

Now that I've read the books, I want to watch the series again to see how they handled everything. I'm actually re-reading the books, and the whole plotline with beric dorrandan (or however his last name goes) becoming the lightning lord makes a lot more sense. When I was watching the show, it was just like "Where the fuck did this guy come from?" And when I read the books for the first time, I kind of forgot about how ned stark sent Beric and Thoros out to stop the mountain, so when I was reading the books, I was also like "Where the fuck did this guy come from?"

And it's Ygritte. You didn't screw up too badly. :)


I agree completely...the fact that Jon was being asked to break his oath openly, and suffer being known as an oathbreaker (which could not have been a bigger request to a man-child raised by Ned Stark) needed to be played up more. I know it's extremely difficult to show emotional turmoil on TV, but that decision and the anguish involved was/is absolutely vital to the character arc of Jon Snow. He's the only "Stark" that had ever broken an oath (even if holding to it secretly)...but that flexibility kept him alive, unlike the vast majority of his ancestors.
 
It's implied. There is a line where Theon refers to "that other thing" being cut off, and he shows curiously little interest in sex in book five.

LOL Theon shows curiously little interest in anything in book five, beyond not getting hit by people. (Sorry, bit of a spoiler there, I guess.)
 
*whew* they checked in with just about everyone tonight.

Best scene: small council meeting. Tywin is fun to watch.
 
I heard someone say April next year :(

Yep, next April. Part of me can't help but wish that they'd follow The Walking Dead or Dr Who and do one series in the winter/spring, another in the summer/fall.

Now it's weird because none of the shows we watch are on right now. Next up I guess is Boardwalk Empire or Walking Dead.
 
If winter/summer last for years, how do they know what year it is, and how long a year is?
 
If winter/summer last for years, how do they know what year it is, and how long a year is?

Plenty of places on this planet don't have have major differences in the seasons but they found ways to divide years. I'm sure it's little different in Westeros.
 
Back
Top