Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

If you've read "Ultimate Spider-Man" at all, their version of The Suit that became Venom was intended by its creators as a cure-all, a cure even for cancer. Of course, it didn't stay that way-- it became part of the wild-goose chase after a way to replace the irreplaceable Captain America as a mass-producible super-soldier.

Bane, in his own way, is a super-soldier-- born of crime and ambition, not of the valor of men and the greed of corporations-- but his "super-soldier serum" was the drug Venom, as Lunar has already mentioned. Perhaps your Venom-- to tie his roots into DC continuity, especially if we are bringing in "Gotham" --is an evolution on Bane's drug. Venom the Suit and Venom the drug being one and the same.

Perhaps the symbiote synthesizes the drug as a by-product of its metabolism-- it consumes matter and then secretes Venom-- whilst simultaneously supporting and enhancing the drug's effects on the symbiote's host-- a delivery method far more clean and efficient (and less vulnerable to attack!) than hoses into the neck. After all, Bane is a rare creature simply because almost no-one except for Bane could survive the implantation processes of the drug's infusion paraphernalia and the internal armor plating that made Bane such a formidable physical combatant. If the Venom suit were introduced as a way to make the process more survivable-- yet perhaps more addictive --this would be a boon to those with military contracts who would want hundreds of Venom-powered soldiers to overpower the enemy.

I can pinball the concept around a little more if this intrigues you, maybe we can figure out a way to make it more seamless. If you don't choose to go this direction, I'll not be offended, but I wanted to put my two cents in.

Actually I did write a character who wore a suit which is much like the symbiote, but based on nanotech, think it was with Pimpmar and...think her name is Sexualkitty? Anyroad, I think that your idea has merit, though I know next to nothing about Bane, I am only just getting my virtual library of comics and so far I have only downloaded Wolverine, Deadpool and Lady Death, I have read a few Spiderman comics, but just like Superman, he isn't really on my "like" list. I seem to favor anti-heros like Wolverine, Deadpool, Ghostrider and The Punisher. Oh sure a few heroes does attract my attention: Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Longshot (weirdly enough) and even though I have never read anything of her...yet: Ms Marvel (not sure if the attraction of attention is to her powers or her...ahem assets)

But I like the suit idea which produces a drug as part of it's metabolism. Thing is that I actually want the two voices which the symbiote brings to the table, it will make the writing so much fun. So to add to your two cents Chas, how about a nanosuit, a Beta-test model, grown from unknown DNA as the DNA have proved to cure illnesses and empower any other DNA it comes in contact with. The first test subject will be my character, say a paralyzed Marine. The suit enables walking! And then some disaster strikes and instead of staying hush-hush, he follows his moral compass to help out and become a media sensation?
 
Actually I did write a character who wore a suit which is much like the symbiote, but based on nanotech, think it was with Pimpmar and...think her name is Sexualkitty? Anyroad, I think that your idea has merit, though I know next to nothing about Bane, I am only just getting my virtual library of comics and so far I have only downloaded Wolverine, Deadpool and Lady Death, I have read a few Spiderman comics, but just like Superman, he isn't really on my "like" list. I seem to favor anti-heros like Wolverine, Deadpool, Ghostrider and The Punisher. Oh sure a few heroes does attract my attention: Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Longshot (weirdly enough) and even though I have never read anything of her...yet: Ms Marvel (not sure if the attraction of attention is to her powers or her...ahem assets)

But I like the suit idea which produces a drug as part of it's metabolism. Thing is that I actually want the two voices which the symbiote brings to the table, it will make the writing so much fun. So to add to your two cents Chas, how about a nanosuit, a Beta-test model, grown from unknown DNA as the DNA have proved to cure illnesses and empower any other DNA it comes in contact with. The first test subject will be my character, say a paralyzed Marine. The suit enables walking! And then some disaster strikes and instead of staying hush-hush, he follows his moral compass to help out and become a media sensation?

A nanotech supersuit actually reminds me of Nightwatch rather than Venom, but they did have similar design sensibilities!

Carol Danvers is Captain Marvel now, not Ms. :: winks, chuckles :: Show a little respect, DK. But yeah, she's ridiculously gorgeous, no question there.

Also, guys, can I ask a favor? I'm a little bit OCD, and when you spell "Spider-Man" as "Spiderman" without his signature hyphen, I get a little twitchy. Would you mind terribly respecting the hyphen? "Spider-Man?"

If not, I'll deal, it's fine, I just had to put a good word in for hyphens everywhere.

A bio-engineered suit that secretes the Venom drug could theoretically have its own hindbrain and neural impulses that interact with those of The Suit's wearer and provide the schizoid "voices" and "whispers" in the ol' noggin. Indeed, getting hooked on Venom could cause the addiction to take on a life of its own. But again, there's nothing writ that says Spidey's Venom and Bane's Venom have to be one and the same, it's just a suggestion I made to smooth the integration of a Marvel character into a DC world. Crossovers are kind of my thing, don't mind me.

If you're interested in Bane and his Venom, he's a fairly compelling character, with a very dynamic moral ambiguity. Gail Simone did some amazing stuff with him in Secret Six, and even when he first turned up in Batman: Knightfall he was an intriguing figure. His image has been crumpled somewhat by movie roles where he's been reduced to a henchman, but anyone who can break The Bat has to be an intimidating sort.

He started out as an infant born into a Santa Priscan jail to serve his own father's sentence, living in darkness and growing stronger from it. He was the sole survivor of that aforedescribed process-- implanting devices to feed the Venom drug directly through the blood-brain barrier, as well as nylon shields under the skin to protect vulnerable regions of the body.

He was a mastermind with chemically-induced super-strength, but in his fascinatingly damaged psyche there was still a sense of honor, and he would become an occasional anti-hero as well as an archvillain.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_(New_Earth)

That having been said in a short story made long, I do like your combination of our ideas, especially factoring in the 616 Flash Thompson version of Agent Venom. If Lunar says it's cool, I think you should run with it!

Perhaps interestingly, the DNA could have come to this Earth through the dimensional rifts caused by the Central City accelerator-- they could come from a Marvel Universe! It could actually be Venom's DNA! XD
 
Last edited:
I will try and remember the hyphen, if I do forget, feel free to PM me and I will set it right. Well for a cross-over to work, there must be a "logical" reason for it to be able to happen, so the Central City accelerator would be the perfect explanation for the Symbiote DNA to make it to Earth. The bit of Venom DNA could be part of Venom which stayed behind in space after Spider-Man had shot Venom into space on a rocket (saw it on an animated show years ago).

A word on Bane. The Batman and Robin Bane? Sucked ass. They took a character who could break the Bat and made it some stupid hulk with hosepipes on his back and a one-word vocabulary. The Bane in Fall of the Dark Knight? Man I absolutely LOVED that character, he was eloquent, deadly, calm, sligtly insane, charming and even though he was still a henchman, he was the best fricken henchman I have EVER seen.

I think we will need the Venom drug as part of my character, make it part of the reason that he will refuse removal of the suit, that and the fact that he will not want to go back to a wheelchair. All I need now is the OK and I can write up a character sheet...man is gonna be funz
 
Chas: I am cool with your choices. Run with it. I will be posting a IC Post either today or tomorrow. I think that we have enough potential players to get things started, and once it is rolling, perhaps yet more will join in.

Lachiyous: After thinking about it, I am fine with Bart being 18. Not so much for story reasons, but for site rules reasons. I don't want there to be any issues wth Lit Rules. Technically even if Bart was not directly involved in a sexual scene, if he were even present it could technically be a breach of the rules. While it is not my intent for there to be graphic sexual scenes all over, as I feel that ORP and SRP are very different things, I understand that things can still get hinky. So, if you want to do Bart as an 18 year old, that is fine. One thing though, if you plan on including the Flash Family, Jay, Wally, Barry, Jesse, or Max, please let me know first as Barry and Max in particular have some things that are important to the story. Wally, for now can either exist but be off in Keystone doing his own thing, or not depending if someone comes along and asks to play him. At which time I would ask you and the other person to work together a bit to work out the history that Bart and Wally have. AS of right now in the story, Barry IS the Flash. The Speed Force has been defined as a new dimension that exists in contact with ours, but not part of it. The Central City Disaster caused a temporal/spacial breach that allowed the somewhat sentient dimension to infuse out those in our dimension that showed the right qualities with the potentiality of the Speed Force. That said, not everyone that was changed by the Central City Disaster changed immediately, or has even done so yet. Some also are just carriers of that potential change.

DeathsKnight: Ok. So did some thinking and I will be sending you a PM with my thoughts on how to mash Venom into the DCU. We can obviously haggle if there is something you dislike, but just want to give you some info that would be useful for what you are trying to do storywise.
 
Ground Rules For The Rp

GROUND RULES

Ok. I think that it is important that we are all operating on the same page. I have no desire to have any bickering or hurt feelings. I have seen good RP go bad when not everyone has been playing by the same ground rules. If you do not want to operate under these rules, please do not post a character or join the thread. That said, if that is the case, please feel free to read along and enjoy the story even if you are not a participant. I will NOT be closing the thread to new characters in the forseeable future. This is an open game, with the expectation that all players follow the rules below or I will ask them to leave the game.

Rule 1: If it is not yours don't use it. Plain and simple, if you are not the person portraying a character, DO NOT write their response, reaction, or use them in anyway. This includes using their possessions. For example, if you are not cleared to play Batman, do not include him, the cave, the batmobile etc in your posts. If you want to use such as a prop piece for a one off, or get advice, an item etc from another character, whether the are actively portrayed or not, please speak to the player in question, or in the case of a character not currently being played, please contact me via PM. NO GODMODDING! EVER! I want everyone to have fun.

Rule 2: Sex sells, but I am not buying. If you want to have a particularly intense scene, that is fine. However I ask you do two things. First, Put an OOC Tag at the top and bottom of the post describing the type of content. Second, anything that would not be likely to show up in a Marvel/DC show or movie should not be in the main thread. Allusions to such content is fine. Brief, non-inflammatory description is fine. But if you decide that you are going to write a graphically detailed account of the rape and mutilation of someone(For example, not the only instance this applies to), please do so in a seperate post, link it, and again supply tags. Those that are comfortable with such content can go read the post, those that are not can take the tags/brief rundown and roll with that.

Rule 3: Treat everyone with respect. We are all adults. We should all be able to treat each other kindly, and with respect. If you have an issue with another player, please try to work it out with them via PMs. If that does not work, or you are uncomfortable doing so, I will be glad to act as a mediator if that is required. As part of this, if someone says they find something offensive, please take the steps above to edit the post. We have no idea what triggers another person. I have close friends that have had traumatic histories. From Rape and Molestation to Kidnapping and Abuse. If someone is hurt or upset by content, please be respectful. It is not our place to argue that it is or is not offensive. Take the high road and just edit the post, create a new post for the content as described above and try to keep in mind for the future what upsets someone.

I think that covers it. Below are a list of some of the common places that are open for use without approval unless I specifically tell you otherwise.

Queen Consolidated: This is the offices of QC. If your character has a legitimate reason, they are welcome to be here. If they work for the company or are there to see someone what have you. Currently, QI is back in the hands of Oliver and Thea Queen, and Felictiy, whom are the owners with Ray Palmer. The 4 control the company but currently are not actively running it. The board of Directors have been hand picked by the trio, and while they have no idea about Oliver and Thea, they do know that Ray Palmer is the world renowned Atom.

Verdant: This is the night club owned by Thea Queen. Obviously anyone over 21 can be here when open. Those that are working directly with Oliver and his team have access to the lair below as well. However this is now a backup lair, as the team has moved their primary base of operations to The Justice Building(see below).

The Justice Building: This is the public face of the Justice Society. Headed by Oliver Queen(Secret ID, Known to he Public only as The Green Arrow), the Justice Society has set this building up as the public face of their efforts. With the passing of the Masked Vigilante Protection Act, allowing masked vigilantes to act within legal channels, the group has gone mainstream. The building is open to anyone that claims membership at all times. Otherwise, portions are accessible to the public at all times. The true base of operations is actually a hidden sub-level under the building. This building was damaged severely in the quake that destroyed portions of the Glades, and in that event a large subterranean fissure opened under the original building. This has been re-purposed as the headquarters out of which the Justice Society truly works, with the building above being a front.

S.T.A.R. Labs: This is mostly off limits. There is a memorial for the public. Other than that it is a defunct, husk of a compound. Following the results of the Flashpoint Catastrophe the building was mostly destroyed. The area was purchased by Queen Consolidated, at the time owned by Ray Palmer, and since has been cleaned of all dangerous items, debris, etc.

The Gulag: This prison was created after the events of the Flashpoint Catastrophe. When Lockdown 6 was destroyed at S.T.A.R. Labs, and the prisoners set free, this was created as a replacement. It took several years, and a merging of human, meta-human, and alien technologies. But this is now the default prison for meta-human and other-super powered criminals. This is accessable by any of the heroes should they need. However, if there is a particular inmate you want access to, please PM me. The current warden of The Gulag is Sanderson Hawkins.

These are the main locations that I can imagine being needed. Other locations like Nanda Parbad are out there, as is Santa Prisca and more. However, as typically Super Villain related places, they fall into a category where we would need to discuss them first via PM.

IC THREAD:http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=62126271#post62126271
 
Last edited:
History Of The Arrowverse

The following History will replace any stories that take place from here on out in the show. This history begins with the last episode of Arrow/Flash. As I am making this up, there shouldn't be any spoilers.

HISTORY: How Our World Changed Forever

:::: A man with long scraggly white hair sits chained in a dark room. He clearly has seen better days. He looks weak, hungry, sickly. He looks up as there is a sound. A woosh of air. An older asian man with long hair pulled into a top knot, wearing a monks robe leans down and offers him a peach. The man nods. As if he knows this man. He takes the peach with trembling hands, hands so weak he can barely grasp the fruit. And then he begins to speak. ::::

"The world changed in an instant. One Instant. All because of a man that should not have existed. Harrison Wells is what he called himself. That wasn't always his name. And I let this happen. My name is Max Mercury. I am a traveler. I come from a future that no longer exists. I almost no longer exist because of that one mistake. I didn't expect Hunter Zolomon to do what he did. Hunter was a brilliant scientist. A Profiler. He was faster than I expected too. He gained his access to the Speed Force because of Me. I arrived in Zolomon's time due to an accident. I over shot my target. Hunter became obsessed with me. He got a hold of my journals. The journals I keep about the Speed Force. He found out about the man that I believed, was the key to all of us speedsters. A man named Barry Allen. Barry lived a long time ago. But he was the first man to become infused with the energy of he Speed Force. Since then, there have been a few of us.

Zolomon decided he would take matters into his own hand. He would become one of us. He used the secrets in my journal, he became one with the Speed Force. But it twisted him. He became dark. A Sociopath. He was obsessed with Barry. He was convinced that it was his job to make Barry become better. To become the greatest hero ever known. He used the Speed Force to go back to Barry's time. But he went too far. He arrived when Barry was a child. He arrived at the home of Barry Allen to find that he was a boy. His mother, she saw the twisted nature of the man seeking her son in the dark of night. She tried to fight back, to save her son. Hunter killed her. And in doing so, created Barry Allen. This is what we call a paradox. Somehow, these events were always going to happen, were always meant to happen. But I still blame myself.

Eventually, because of Hunter, the Central City Disaster would occur. He used his knowledge of future technologies and science to create the Collider. He always knew what would happen. He needed it to. He needed more meta-humans. More tests for Barry. To ensure that he would become the greatest hero ever. Or die trying. Hunter eventually was revealed for what he was. And in the fall out the entire world was nearly lost. If Barry hadn't made the toughest choice any man could, we would not exist.

Still, the loss of life that Hunter caused. The Flashpoint Catastrophe, thousands died. More were changed forever. When the prototype Cosmic Treadmill exploded, it took Hunter with it. But it took so much more. The only survivors at ground zero were Barry and Ramon. They managed to save the city. Mostly. But the Flashpoint still engulfed 10 square miles. Thousands of lives. Women, children, all extinguished in a flash.

I arrived shortly after. I found Barry a mess. He was at Arkham. He was a shell of the man I had read about. The man I knew was the crux of our lineage. It took me months to get him to trust me and begin working his way back. Ramon, he had gone a different way. He became hooked on drugs. Nearly died. If Barry and I hadn't found him, been able to super charge his metabolism with a jolt from the Speed Force, he would have died. Well, that and the serum Barry got from The Arrow.

That was a decade ago. Barry and his friends are now the heroes they were meant to be. But there is darkness coming. I have seen what comes next. And it makes the past seem easy. I hope that this new world, this new Tomorrow, is ready. The heroes that Hunter created, along with his villains, are enough.

My name is Max Mercury. I have bounced through time and space all my life. I have seen the black plague decimate the globe. I have seen the dark ages descend. I have watched empires fall. But the worst is still coming. I am the Zen Master of Speed. But even I cannot outrun this. All the meditation, training and calm in the world will not be enough. Because whats coming is Darkness. Is Death. IS APOKOLIPS. Gods help us, its my fault..."

IC THREAD: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=62126271#post62126271
 
Last edited:
Character Bios:

Hey guys, please remember to post bios for approval here before you post in the IC. Here is a rough outline.

Character Image/Actor Image
Name:
Alias:
Base of Operations:
Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero)
Affiliations:
Family/Friends:
Bio:
Powers:
Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:
 
Last edited:
Character Image/Actor Image:

Arrow.jpg
Arrow-season-2-episode-19-synopsis-stills.jpg

Name: Oliver Queen

Alias: The Arrow, The Green Arrow.

Base of Operations: Star City

Alignment:(Good/Bad/Antihero): Good

Affiliations:The Justice Society

Family/Friends: Thea Queen (half sister), Roy Harper, John Diggle, Felicity Smoak, The Lance Family.

Bio: Oliver spent five years in hell. He survived the torture and death that permeated the island of Lian Yu. He survived all that followed. Much that even his closest allies still don't know. Then came his rebirth. He became a killer. So possessed by vengeance he nearly became as bad as the men he sought to bring down. He became a monster. However, he would survive this too. He survived Malcolm Merlin. He survived Slade Wilson. He survived when he had no right to. Bwcause that is who Oliver Queen is... a survivor.

Over the last few years Oliver, with help from his adopted family, Felicity, Diggle, Roy and others hr slowly began the work of creating the Justice Society. The final piece of the puzzle coming from an unlikely ally. When Ray Palmer disappeared for a year and returned as The Atom he pioneered the act that would allow the Society to become more than a loose band of heroes. Together he and Oliver built the Society and since have worked to leep the world safe from the threats that more mundane agencies cannot hope to deal with.

Powers: Peak Human Conditioning, Strength and Athleticism. Superior Archery and Martial Arts skills.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:Oliver has taken a vow to never again take a life. He is deeply passionate about his friends and can be left vulnerable when they are put in danger.
 
Last edited:
I will try and remember the hyphen, if I do forget, feel free to PM me and I will set it right. Well for a cross-over to work, there must be a "logical" reason for it to be able to happen, so the Central City accelerator would be the perfect explanation for the Symbiote DNA to make it to Earth. The bit of Venom DNA could be part of Venom which stayed behind in space after Spider-Man had shot Venom into space on a rocket (saw it on an animated show years ago).

A word on Bane. The Batman and Robin Bane? Sucked ass. They took a character who could break the Bat and made it some stupid hulk with hosepipes on his back and a one-word vocabulary. The Bane in Fall of the Dark Knight? Man I absolutely LOVED that character, he was eloquent, deadly, calm, sligtly insane, charming and even though he was still a henchman, he was the best fricken henchman I have EVER seen.

I think we will need the Venom drug as part of my character, make it part of the reason that he will refuse removal of the suit, that and the fact that he will not want to go back to a wheelchair. All I need now is the OK and I can write up a character sheet...man is gonna be funz

Agreed on all counts!

Especially the funz.

Though I do love Bane from "The Dark Knight Rises" way more than that abysmal, gibbering cretin from "Batman and Robin," and I think a case could be made that his service to the mastermind of the piece dovetailed with his aforediscussed sense of honor, I still maintain a bit of disappointment in the twist.
 
Firstly, Miss "ChasNicollette"! I LOOOOOOOVE that you are such a stickler, with respect to things you are passionate about. Most especially our boy Peter Parker!!! I gotta be honest. I KNOW about the hyphen, but. And you may laugh/snort/scoff at this but......I'm going to 'blame'/pass-the-buck/allow-DC-to-take-the-'honor'-for-this-one......on the likes of Superman and Superboy, those of which do NOT have a hyphen. 'They' make it so easy to NOT have one in there, and then 'it' just gets ingrained in there......I'm not going to lie! Hehe, poor Spidey! If I didn't LOVE his *heart* so much...........I might even feel bad for the mixup! :))))

Also agree with you on THIS roleplay. I am *COMPLETELY* excited for it. And that excitement -- like this roleplay -- came outta no where! What a wonderful surprise :)

"Lunaramblings": Thanks for agreeing on the age issue. I think that will make everything better! So concerning Bart and your roleplay. I have some questions(and I wouldn't mind if "ChasNicollette" were to maybe provide some of her ever-lasting input as well!)...

1)Do you want him to come from the future? Or would you rather he come from the 'present' somehow? From the *IC*/history, it appears that Max is from the future(or at least traveled through the Speed Force to come back from there).....so there's a possibility that Bart can come follow Max that way through there. It would be an easier explanation, although of course he wouldn't need to. The main motivation initially for him to want to come to the present.....is because he is going to need help to control his powers, and his personality/risk-reward dangers......
2)Do you/we want Bart to still be related to Barry or Wally at all? I suppose that could still remain if you'd like the 'essence' of the character to remain, but it's really up to you.

If we choose to go 'present' or even 'future' as the origin....Bart will probably still need to seek out either Max or Barry(whomever is 'available'), to get a handle on himself.....and/or try and point him in the right direction. This can also happen behind the scenes...


Hm.....think that's about it....


But again, the most important elements for this character are that (1)he was -- *ahem* if and you don't miiiiiiind "Lunaramblings" *lil' grin* -- raised in a virtual reality environment, and (2)his personality is intact. Everything else is quote negotiable to fit into your story line's reality.


Oh. And that you guys won't mind if I won't be able to post.......super super fast-like......in case people are going to be posting lots and lots. I can promise *QUALITY* above all. Just not the *QUANTITY*--! ;)
 
9818.jpg


bdPhUaC.jpg


Celeb faceand voice claim: Jeremy Renner

Name: John Denvers
Alias: Venom
Base of Operations: JL HQ
Alignment: Good
Affiliations: USMC, A.R.G.U.S. , Justice Society
Family/Friends: None
Bio: John Denvers graduated from school and signed up with the USMC, finishing in the top five of his class, John specialized in long range weaponry and underwent elite sniper training. It was a long way to come for him, born and raised in a trouble house-hold, the only thing that kept him doing the best he could do in all situations, was the fact that his grandfather was a decorated WWII veteran. It was especially his cool under enemy fire and the skill he showed in extracting vital information which brought him under the attention of A.R.G.U.S.

It was his third mission for A.R.G.U.S. when he heard for the first time of Mirakuru, Mirakuru is a drug of Japanese origin. It was created as a cure-all. It was meant to be the thing that would allow Japan to win WWII, and become the dominant world power. However, the submarine carrying the only viable supply and the research was targeted and ran aground on the island of Lian Yu. The Japanese crew members died on the island and the serum was lost. No one knows the origin of the serum. Yet...

The monastery was supposed to be dedicated to holding the remains of a slain Oni. The religious protections in place a the monastery prevented the Oni from returning and destroying the world. This Oni is not really a demon, but the remains of alien tech lost on Earth. The Symbiote was found by the Japanese government when they raided the mountain top monastery that was alleged to be holding sacred artifacts. The leaders of the Japanese government, much like Hitler himself, believed that these occult items would give them the edge in the war.

For generations the Oni had been lost. It turned up in a Bio-Hacking Lab in Corto Maltese, which was hit by John Denvers' team. In the raid, John Denvers was injured, his spine shattered in an explosion caused by a scientist setting off an IED to destroy their work. This caused the Oni to be lost once more in the chaos. In truth, it had escaped and the found a host in John as it merged with John, by slipping in through his wounds. At this point, the Oni has been so damaged, so stripped apart and broken down it has lost it's primary purpose to be a biological weapon.

It is still sentient, but rather than causing the bearer to degenerate, it acted like a true symbiote, taking sustenance from the host and giving strength and other powers in return. The Oni still has a personality, but it is essentially suffering from amnesia. It only knows that it is meant to heal, rebuild, and make the user better than they were.

In the process of the experimentation that was done, this particular fragment had been attached to an animal to test what would happen. In this case a large spider. It devoured the Spider to rebuild itself as it recognized that it was a non-sentient host. In doing so it absorbed the powers of that host. Gaining thus Spider related powers.

John Denvers was still an active member of A.R.G.U.S. when a band of superpowered criminals attacked the A.R.G.U.S. base in search for secret data. It was in this altercation that the Oni stepped up and proved its potential to protect John and to serve as an extension of his will. This brought the symbiote under the attention of scientists, but they were not allowed to study it, as it could not be separated from John as it would kill him. Despite the fact that the symbiote had saved John's life and are enabling him to walk, it also kept secreting Mirakuru into John as part of its metabolism. Seperation would not just paralyze John, it would outright kill him as the supply of Mirakuru would be cut off and the withdrawal symptoms is bad enough to be deadly.

Powers: Shapeshifting, telepathy, some immunity to supernatural powers, ability to cling to walls, superhuman strength, perfect balance and equilibrium, superhuman speed and agility
Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities: Sonic soundwaves, Fire and secretion of too much Mirakuru (which influences the host and indirectly Venom) without the symbiote John will die
 
Last edited:
"Killer" Crock?

GgN9dfx.png


dzPon3G.jpg


Celebrity Faceclaim:
Chloe Bennet

Name:
Artemis Lian Crock

Alias:
Artemis

Base of Operations:
Star City, but has roots in Gotham.

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero)
Antihero struggling towards being Good.

Affiliations:
Team Arrow, Justice Society, League of Assassins (reluctantly).

Family:
Lawrence “Crusher” Crock, aka Sportsmaster (father)
Paula Nguyen-Crock, aka Tigress (mother)
Jade Nguyen-Harper, aka Cheshire (sister)
Roy Harper, aka Arsenal(/Red Arrow?) (ex-brother-in-law)
Lian Harper (niece)

Friends:
Team Arrow, mentored by Oliver Queen and his compatriots, though Roy Harper would not refer to her as a “friend.”

In particular, Artemis has developed a bond with Felicity Smoak, who sees herself as “the cool aunt” and who is reminded very much of herself at Artemis’ age.

Her friendships with other heroes her age (such as Bart "Impulse" Allen) have been impeded by her reluctance to trust others and by her aggressive nature, and therefore are still nascent and undeveloped. Perhaps this will not be the case for long.

Age:
18

Bio:
Artemis Crock was raised by two criminals, two assassins, raised with her sister in a kill-or-be-killed, survival-of-the-fittest world in deep, dark, Gotham. Even though this gave Artemis a fierce determination and strength and aggression, she never thrived in that environment as did her sister Jade. When their mother found herself sent to jail and bound to a wheelchair because she’d taken a figurative and literal fall for her husband, however, and Jade abandoned Artemis-- embracing the life of a masked assassin even as she rejected staying under their parents’ roof --Artemis found herself more and more convinced to escape. The final icing of the cake was her mother’s return from prison and subsequent begging her father to hang up his own mask-- only for her father to dismiss this as impossible.

True, one never can retire or escape from The League of Assassins, Sportsmaster wasn't wrong about that, but Artemis swore to herself that she would never enter their grasp. She would find another road.

At 15, she took the skills that had been drilled into her-- mastery of archery, hand-to-hand combat, stealth and acrobatics --and she donned a uniform patterned after that of the now-legendary Arrow. She would be a vigilante-- perhaps one day, even a hero.

But it didn’t take long before she fell under The Shadow of The Bat, who, having discovered this new creature operating in His City, referred her in turn to a man who had experience mentoring young archers, such as Roy Harper and Thea “Speedy” Queen. Confronting Artemis about this along with her mother Paula--

BZ6Bbpy.png


--Batman and The Arrow promised to help refine her untempered temperament and to help her become the hero she wanted to be. That was three years ago.

Now 18, Artemis still struggles with the talent for murder embedded in her by her nature and nurture alike. This has been complicated by her fellow Arrow-mentee Roy having fallen in and out of love and marriage with her sister Jade-- they have a daughter together --and by continued conflicts with The League of Assassins, who insist that they are part of Artemis’ heritage and that blood will eventually win out.

Her ultimate goal is to prove to herself and to the world that she has overcome her darker nature and then leave this world of violence behind her for good-- to have the life that has always been denied her. Long road ahead.

Powers:
Artemis has no superhuman abilities, but like her father Sportsmaster and her mother The Tigress in her prime, she has conditioned herself and been conditioned to near-peak human performance. She has an assortment of gadgetry inspired and supplied by The Arrow’s own armory, including hi-tech “trick” arrows-- though she generally defaults to the standard, pointy-stick variety.

She can kick ass and take names in multiple forms of combat, is an accomplished motorcyclist, and is constantly training to expand her repertoire of skillsets.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:
Artemis is only human against the slings and arrows that flesh is heir to, and can be goaded into making mistakes-- in particular, shooting first and asking questions later. She has a weak spot when it comes to her sister, Cheshire-- as she still desires reconciliation-- her mother, Paula and niece Lian-- as she would die to protect them --and her father, Sportsmaster-- as she would like to kill him very much.

For the very most part, her fellow heroes don’t know about her parentage and heritage, as she is reluctant for them to judge her as unworthy and untrustworthy-- Roy knows, and he tolerates her presence but does not trust her because of the mind games and broken heart that came of loving Artemis’ sister. Artemis does not often get to see her niece-- in Roy’s custody --as a result.​
 
Last edited:
I am, of course, flexible on the historical notes regarding Roy/Cheshire/Lian and the nascent friendship with Impulse.

Just threw them in there as placeholder flavor and can edit as need be for GM and peer approval.
 
1) Yes Max is from the future. Or more accurately, at this point he isn't really sure when he is from any more. He has become so attuned with the Speed Force that he is almost a sentient aspect thereof. I have no issue with Max having brought Bart back to this timeline prior to everything going bad. If it works for you that could be the task that got Barry to return from his time in the hospital after the Flashpoint Incident. Max shows up to warn him. Sees it is too late. Returns later with Bart needing Barry to help him. They use a VR program that perhaps was jacked from ARGUS, initially intended to be a program to raise perfect Assassin/Soldier. Felicity modified it to instead replicate a "normal" childhood for Bart while Ramon, Barry, and Ray worked to slow his metabolic issues.

2) I have no problem saying that he is related in someway to Barry/Wally. Currently Wally is not an active character so he is of little concern. For our purposes he is busy patrolling Keystone. If you want to maintain the familial link between Barry and Bart that is fine. These of course are just ideas and can be bandied about to get just right as you see fit.

"Lunaramblings": Thanks for agreeing on the age issue. I think that will make everything better! So concerning Bart and your roleplay. I have some questions(and I wouldn't mind if "ChasNicollette" were to maybe provide some of her ever-lasting input as well!)...

1)Do you want him to come from the future? Or would you rather he come from the 'present' somehow? From the *IC*/history, it appears that Max is from the future(or at least traveled through the Speed Force to come back from there).....so there's a possibility that Bart can come follow Max that way through there. It would be an easier explanation, although of course he wouldn't need to. The main motivation initially for him to want to come to the present.....is because he is going to need help to control his powers, and his personality/risk-reward dangers......
2)Do you/we want Bart to still be related to Barry or Wally at all? I suppose that could still remain if you'd like the 'essence' of the character to remain, but it's really up to you.

If we choose to go 'present' or even 'future' as the origin....Bart will probably still need to seek out either Max or Barry(whomever is 'available'), to get a handle on himself.....and/or try and point him in the right direction. This can also happen behind the scenes...


Hm.....think that's about it....


But again, the most important elements for this character are that (1)he was -- *ahem* if and you don't miiiiiiind "Lunaramblings" *lil' grin* -- raised in a virtual reality environment, and (2)his personality is intact. Everything else is quote negotiable to fit into your story line's reality.


Oh. And that you guys won't mind if I won't be able to post.......super super fast-like......in case people are going to be posting lots and lots. I can promise *QUALITY* above all. Just not the *QUANTITY*--! ;)
 
Rose Again.

(RELATIVELY COMPLETE; SUBJECT TO APPROVAL)

500px-Lacy_Rand.jpg


Celebrity Faceclaim:
Magda Apanowicz

Name:
Victoria Rose Grant

Alias:
(Varies depending on Dialed Hero.)

Base of Operations:
Keystone-Central.

Alignment: (Good/Bad/Antihero)
Good, she hopes.

Affiliations:
None, yet. As the story develops, hopefully: Justice Society.

Family:
Ceri Grant, née Lewellyn (mother)
Christopher Grant (father, deceased)
Dai Llewellyn (great-uncle, deceased)

Friends:
Robert "Robby" Reed (childhood sweetheart/boyfriend)
Captain Jack the Cat (household pet, possibly meta-powered)

Rose will, it is my fervent hope, develop friendships with a good many characters as the story goes.

Age:
23

Bio:
Victoria Rose Grant-- though she steadfastly prefers "Rose" --had about as normal a childhood as one could expect, if there's any such thing as normal. Raised by a single mom as her father died shortly after she was born-- though she knew little about her dad-- she was nurtured most of all by her archaeologist mother's love of myths and legends and spiritual things.

Through this upbringing, however, Rose's mother would emphasize that one could not simply close one's eyes and hope for a higher power to do all the work.

"Prayer can be a wonderful thing," Ceri would promise Rose, "nurturing to the soul. But even the most ardent, sincere prayer means nothing if you're not willing to act on it. God gives, but man must open his hand. God answers prayer, but evil triumphs when good men do nothing. Faith can move mountains, but you demonstrate faith by giving those mountains a shove."

If there was one thing that Rose cherished beyond this, it was her love of music in all its forms-- though she herself lacks musical talent, she quotes lyrics like some men quote Scripture. She was also an omnivorous reader, often losing herself in books.

If there was one person that Rose cherished beyond this, it was her boy-genius-next-door, Robby. Rose never did fit in with the other kids at school, but she didn't let this bother her overmuch-- because of her spiritual upbringing, she didn't see being part of the in-crowd as something to be grasped. When Robby showed up on the first day of school in third grade as having just moved to Keystone City from Littleville, Colorado, he was an instant outcast-- and Rose just as instantly befriended him.

People would often joke about the two of them getting married-- "You'll both have alliterative initials! It's like Destiny!" --but all Rose knew, like Odd Thomas knew about Stormy, they were meant to be together. Robby, though a supergenius, took a little longer to learn this than Rose did, but he eventually put two and two together.

When the STARLabs particle accelerator went up in neighboring Central City ten years ago, Rose and Robby had been 13 years old. Neither of them were affected by the mysterious energies and forms of matter and so forth that leaked through the dimensional disturbances-- but it wasn't only humans that felt those effects.

In late 2013, Ray Palmer's company began releasing its own line of smartwatches, some models of which were paired with smartphones. Advance versions of the watch-phone pairs were shipped to various retail outlets for demo purposes, including a variety of Tech Villages in the Keystone-Central area. One such delivery-- by Kapitalist Kouriers --was engulfed in the interdimensional wake of the STARLabs disaster. As the city blacked out and the computers everywhere were scrambled-- the phone-watch pair in a cardboard box in the back of the delivery truck blinked to life, somehow transformed. Somehow-- other.

Both screens displayed bizarre, unintelligible characters-- glowed with unearthly light-- and then went back to sleep again as though it had never happened.

While lots of shipments were misdirected that day as tracking systems and RFID scanners went down in the interdimensional EMP, the box containing that particular technology was shipped by mistake with artifacts to a natural history museum in Keystone-- the workplace of one Ceri Grant-- where, its label damaged and illegible-- it wound up sitting unnoticed in the mail room and then in archives for over ten years.

At 23 years old, trying to find her way in the world with a degree in Communications that was no help in getting a job, Rose got some part-time work at her mother's museum doing inventory. In the process, as fate would have it, she was the first to stumble upon that dusty old cardboard box. The first to open it. And to marvel, with nostalgic glee, at the ancient smartphone and smartwatch found inside.

"God, I bet this is even only 4G," she laughed to herself, with the perhaps-forgivable arrogance of youth. "Practically the Stone Age. See, heh, museum humor."

When she picked up the devices, however, they flickered for a moment, grew warm to the touch-- something that should be impossible-- the charge should be long gone after all this time-- but then they quieted again.

Bemused, bewildered, Rose brought them to Robby at the lab where he was interning on the way to another doctorate-- and when Robby powered them on, he was utterly stunned.

Bd0kQWp.jpg


Whatever OS these smart-gadgets used, whatever app had come preloaded on them, he couldn't make head or tail of them. A strange alphabet like something you'd see on that old show Ancient Aliens, a circle of ten-- what, runes? --orbiting a central rune.

But pressing the images didn't do anything. The touchscreens were entirely unresponsive.

Robby set the phone down to research via search engines, and Rose picked up the handset as he did so. She gazed at the images-- she could almost make them out, she imagined-- like reading hieroglyphs-- and at the center, that rune at the heart of the circle, it looked like-- to her it looked like--

"H," she breathed. And gently stroked that rune with her thumb.

In that instant, everything changed. Especially Rose.

Since then, much to Robby's fright and consternation and directly contravening his well-intentioned lectures as to safe practices, Rose has begun using "The H-Dialer" app to save lives in and around Keystone-Central. She's entirely a novice, running off her own ideas of what a hero should do and be, powered by optimism-- and while she's doing okay so far, running on instinct and intuition is running on borrowed time.

Powers/Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:
Rose herself has no superhuman abilities. She has no combat training. She has only "The H-Dialer." Fortunately, "The H-Dialer" app enables her to become any one of ten (or more!) superhuman personae, each of whom has built-in awareness of their abilities and built-in muscle memory for applicable skills. Unfortunately, Rose has approximately zero control over which Hero she becomes whenever she Dials "H," and is stuck in each form until she powers back down again-- an interval which also appears random but never seems longer than 24 hours.

The phone and watch appear to be keyed not just to her genetic signature, but to her "life-force;" it has to be her that Dials "H," it has to be her that wills the change. Additionally, whenever either the phone or the watch get separated from Rose by any significant distance, they simply and without fanfare return to her, they're just there again, either on her wrist or in her pocket or on her bedside table, et cetera.

Despite being based on late-2013 technology, the alterations on the phone and watch make it so that they never run out of battery, and always have signal. Theoretically, you could call Rose on The Moon.

The phone-watch pair also appear conventionally indestructible, though understandably neither Robby nor Rose have tested this overmuch for fear of accidentally destroying one or both artifacts.

When Rose Dials up a Hero form, her body metamorphoses-- transmogrifies-- into that of the Hero-- and all of her physical belongings vanish to an unprecedented state of location, possibly extradimensional-- until such time as The H-Dialer times out and Rose returns to normal. This includes the phone and watch-- no-one knows where they go when she changes, so neither she nor anyone else can use the devices to interrupt her transformation prematurely.

Additionally, while Rose remains more or less in control of her faculties, each Hero reflects a different aspect of Rose's personality-- she essentially becomes a different version of herself depending which Hero's form she's taken.

Rose appears to transform into a randomly selected Hero from a "repertory theater" of ten (or more!):

Valkyrie M:
6jWYl7n.jpg

Named for the song "Valkyrie Missile" by Angels and Airwaves, this Hero possess powers of fire and ice-- she can create pyrokinetic flames and explosions and heat, and she can hydro/cryokinetically combine water and cold to craft and manipulate ice. She can burn as hot as The Human Torch when he is not at Nova-level, and freeze as cold as Iceman when he is not at Omega-level. She is immune to extremes of temperature-- which is to say, she is immune to burning or to freezing. She can also fly at seventy miles per hour-- much faster if she uses her pyrokinesis for rocket-boost --and perform superathletic feats approximately on the level of Captain America. Her senses are mildly enhanced, though she is particularly attuned to changes in temperature and the presence of water molecules, and she can switch her vision to infrared frequencies.

She is most like her usual self in this form, but tends to smoke and swear a little more.

Roentgen-Ray Rose:
81921577b925e6030361f72adc9616af.jpg

By far Rose's most physically powerful Hero. Basically a female Thor, with near-Kryptonian strength and durability, and wielding an indestructible cosmic hammer named Taranfollt that gives her godlike atmokinetic/meteorokinetic/aerokinetic/electrokinetic abilities.

Bombastic personality, very focused on justice-- whether or not "mortal law" agrees with her. Tends to speak with an Elizabethan flair.

Redwood:
DP_SproutMINI.jpg

7AFn9QF.jpg

A heroine that can convert herself into plant life but with an animalistic attitude, largely reminiscent of Wolverine as she tends to sprout thorny claws from the backs of her hands and exhibit heightened "plant" senses. She's fragile, easily damaged, but extremely regenerative, able to rebuild herself from a mere frond in moments. Redwood can also elongate and shapeshift her plant-formed body, and has a very limited ability to communicate with and control plants and animals.

Has a link to both The Green (the astral plane of plants) and The Red (the astral plane of animals), hence the name "Redwood."

Always on the verge of losing her temper, unwilling to suffer fools, and unsurprisingly environmentally-inclined.

Element Girl:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/VMaErYe.png
Full Description: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=84710814#post84710814
This Hero possesses the ability to copy and absorb things she touches, like Absorbing Man, or Amazing Man, or Kevin 11. She can turn into stone by touching stone, or metal by touching metal-- or if someone attacks her with electricity, she can become supercharged with electricity.

This version of her tends to be-- opportunistic. Kind of a con artist, but still a Hero at heart.

The Koan:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/mcwj5TP.jpg
Swathed in darkness and mystery, wearing a mask inspired by The Yin Yang, this hero is powerless-- but a brutal hand-to-hand combatant and traceur, a skilled detective, and a low-level exorcist/demonologist/petty-dabbler-in-The-Dark-Arts. Always has useful everyday items in her seemingly-bottomless pockets, which she often uses as improvised weapons to relatively devastating effect or as part of her extremely low-level mysticism. Also uses a grappling gun and a pair of 9mm Colt 1911s.

Tends to speak in Zennish riddles.

Cannon-in-D:
8sUQHQe.jpg

A cyborg low-to-mid-superstrong bulletproof bad-ass who can hack other systems and transform one or both arms into powerful sonic cannons. Can't fly, but has jump-jets. Can run at 120 mph for five-minute bursts given a relatively straight runway, can lift (press) 30 tons, and possesses vast cybernetic sensory enhancements (X-ray vision, infrared vision, enhanced hearing and echolocation, "seeing" radio waves, et cetera).

While portions of her head appear biological, she is entirely composed of powerful cybernetic machinery-- the only part of her that remains human is the brain housed in her heavily armored skull.

Tends to speak in song titles/lyrics (even more than usual!) and military terminology.

LodeOut:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/jiueuei.jpg
A magnetic/ferrokinetic heroine.

A true-blue hero type. Fearless and self-sacrificing to an absolute fault.

(Art by Lady Cybercat, colors by Speedforcesatori, both of DeviantArt.)

Constant-C:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/xxwguNk.jpg
A superspeedster whose body is composed of varying forms of light. Her body is intangible in this form, unless she concentrates ferociously to solidify herself with hardlight forcefields so as to interact with solid matter. Highly vulnerable to light-manipulator characters like Rainbow Raider or dark-manipulators like Obsidian.

Tends to be nervy, jittery, jumpy-- the embodiment of Rose's anxiety. Requires a level-headed influence.

ShadowPax:
Image: http://i.imgur.com/B6S8YEv.jpg

Capable of summoning and manipulating darkness and temporarily granting it solid form, and teleporting via shadows, whether the natural ones or the ones she summons. This can either be used for short jumps to nearby shadows-- never more than two miles at a time, and that's pushing it-- or she can shunt herself into the otherworld that is the source of her powers and emerge from it just about anywhere-- though these longer jumps can only be to places she has already physically been.

She's able to form webbing out of her shadows for entangling enemies or grappling across distances-- she calls this "shadow-weave" --but the swinging from buildings hasn't occurred to her yet. Capable of tremendous agility and swordfighting-- for which purposes she carries a variety of enchanted blades. Climbs walls like a spider. Sees perfectly even in absolute darkness. Can lift almost one ton.

Derives her powers from a genetic link to a twilit mystical Faerie-land subdimension; her powers are otherworldly and magical in nature.

Rather gloomy and subdued. Tends to be underwhelmed. As lethal with a deadpan snarky wisecrack as she is with a bladed weapon.

Submersive:
Cs2H5Vn.jpg

A merwoman Hero adapted to undersea and amphibious combat, with mystical powers of hydrokinesis and the ability to communicate fluently with sea life.

Like Redwood, she takes the environment pretty seriously, but she's cooler-headed than the plant-woman.

She basically has the Aquaman powerset-- tough as nails physically because of her amphibious abilities, eyes adapted to 6000 fathoms, able to walk at the bottom of The Mariana Trench so she's Hella strong but not Kryptonian or Martian strong, her hide is bullet-resistant but not bulletproof-- her hearing's terrible on land, though, better speak up, and she tends to shout.

Unlike Valkyrie M or Tempest, she cannot control the physical state the water is in when she unleashes her hydrokinesis, but she can manipulate a higher volume of water than Valkyrie M. She sometimes uses a mystical, watery sword-- named Benthesikyme --to enhance her hydrokinesis and engage in melee combat. Benthesikyme does not automatically manifest with her, but she can draw it out of any pool of water greater in circumference than her hand, no matter how shallow.

She can direct and communicate with sea life-- including marine birds and mammals --though of course most sea life isn't sentient and may not have anything interesting to say. If she really pushes her telepathy, she can interact with vestigial regions of the brain that land life has inherited from their marine ancestors (such as the basal ganglia) to communicate or cause ill effects.

Her powers ebb if she becomes dehydrated.

The Dayspring Antiphon:
Description: http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=34002173&postcount=50

The Twenty-First-Century Scion of Light of Earth-2636, she describes herself as a "placeholder Messiah," a way to hold the line for Heaven on Earth until the true Second Coming.

Unlike the other ectypes, The Dayspring Antiphon remains possessed of her full original consciousness-- Rose does not assume agency over this powerset. That's probably a good thing, considering that The Dayspring Antiphon not only has the ability to perform Biblical miracles with her Omega-level psychokinesis, but she possesses healing/purifying powers, photokinesis, and empathic abilities. The Dayspring Antiphon also causes people to forget her as soon as she leaves the immediate vicinity, as she does not consider self-glory something to be grasped.

An extremely rare Dial, The Dayspring Antiphon is subtle and judicious in the use of her vast powers-- she prefers to not interfere overmuch in the natural course of events. But there are times when she will use those powers to turn the tide for the side of Good-- and, if you remember "the old Red Sea Trick," sometimes she literally turns the tide.

She has a tendency to show up, do something awesome, and then will the Dial to time back out, causing everyone around-- including Rose --to forget her existence and wonder what in Heaven's Name just happened.

The Magpie:
sNPAjAx.jpg

Full Description: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?p=26943504#post26943504

The Magpie is from a low-magic fantasy world, and suffered a grievous injury when a magic potion was spilled in her eyes, costing her her sight-- not so much blinding her as causing her to see too much, seeing the maddening magical energy patterns that make the world work, auras and the like. In order to block these out, she wears a blindfold-- otherwise she would quickly lose her mind. Fortunately, like the legendary Daredevil, she has been given other amazing senses to balance out the loss of her sight.

Trained from a young age by a master huntsman and tracker, The Magpie in turn tempered her powerful senses to become a master huntress and archer in her own right-- able to hit the most difficult of targets despite her lack of conventional eyesight.

She does not possess fancy high-tech "trick" arrows, but she does have a couple of basic variations-- ones designed to disarm, or to whistle in flight as a signal-- in addition to the usual assortment of broadheads and bodkins.

As with The Koan, The Magpie is a practitioner of Zen, but she is the opposite side of The Koan's coin-- while The Koan twitchily struggles to maintain Zen while dwelling in her own insanities, The Magpie has successfully erected her Zen calm as a bulwark against madness, and has not succumbed. She is the epitome of grace under pressure.

Brainswarm:
b45awnf.png

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/xAKoPYX.png
Brainswarm is a Tenth-Level Intellect, making her one of the smartest human beings in history.

She possesses the innate ability to generate electropsychic "sting" blasts that can disrupt and/or aggravate almost any lifeform without doing actual physical damage-- usually only an annoyance, but it still manages to annoy all but the most terrifying of foes. She can also shrink herself down to infinitesimal size-- usually the size of a small insect, but she can go far smaller, to the subcellular level if necessary. Additionally, she can at will sprout a set of buzzing dragonfly-esque wings that allow her to fly at great speeds.

However, Brainswarm's greatest invention is a variant on quantum-mirror technology that allows her, at the press of a button, to summon a veritable legion of her counterparts from alternate timelines. A vast array of alternate Brainswarms can rally to her aid, each as different as the universes from which they hail. Because the Brainswarms are not linked by a unifying consciousness, it can sometimes be difficult for Brainswarm to get her counterparts to cooperate with her-- but when they act of one accord, they can be as dangerous as almost any army.

Final Ectype:
LOCKED
...for now​
 
Last edited:
Apparently there's a 10 picture limit so I couldn't add pictures for all Rose's forms, but you get the gist, yeah?

Still I'm kind of bummed about it.

That in mind, I'm still trying to find some better pictures for some of these, the ones here might be placeholders depending on how I feel when I look at these in the morning.

I also changed ShadowPax to be less spidery and not step on Venom's toes.

Left Constant-C in there as a speedster because she and Impulse can have a Mas y Menos thing going on and Impulse can teach her how to be a better speedster. If that works for everyone.
 
Actually if it won't be a problem if Shadow are a bit more Spidery. In fact if you wanted her that way feel free to add it. Why would I say this? Venom is practically a super-soldier and has nobody to relate with. With her being a bit like the symbiote, it would be somebody to relate with even if its just another alien form for a single person's personality thingy :p
 
Just got a new job as of last week, so besides training...they sent me to a SALES training course for the next two weekends to get me "up to speed" asap.

Got a day off coming up on Tuesday and Thursday of this coming week....so hopefully I can get some time together...and put some kinda profile up for our boy Bart. I appreciate everyone's patience -- thanks! :)
 
What, no bad guys?

Oh there will be bad guys... I will be posting bios for the villains as they are encountered. But I am not opposed to someone wanting to play a villain. Will say that it would be difficult given how comics tend to play out what with the villain typically losing. But if someone were interested in playing a villain I would certainly be willing to hear their thoughts. Maybe pull them into the overall story I have in mind.
 
I wouldn't mind playing a few villain roles. I Haven't been able to catch up too much on the seasons of Arrow, but I have seen Deathstroke in there, and I know he has a grudge against him. However I am not up to speed on how they are running him these days. Last I heard he had regressed in age and was immortal, but I am guessing that is not how he is in this universe, but probably just his Merc badass self.

Also if your bumping up ages I guess Count Vertigo may be out of the question. Although he would be about the same age as Oliver maybe 5 or 6 years older so it may be okay.

Vandal Savage could be a good villain. He is timeless so no problems putting him in and he is always looking to take over some part of the world.

Well those are just three off the top of my head and I don't mind writing knowing I am going to eventually lose, as long as I get to have some fun first. LOL So in true comic style I get to capture at least a few first, gloat and then get taken down.
 
Just got a new job as of last week, so besides training...they sent me to a SALES training course for the next two weekends to get me "up to speed" asap.

Got a day off coming up on Tuesday and Thursday of this coming week....so hopefully I can get some time together...and put some kinda profile up for our boy Bart. I appreciate everyone's patience -- thanks! :)

Good luck, Lachy!

Got my fingers crossed for you!
 
Actually if it won't be a problem if Shadow are a bit more Spidery. In fact if you wanted her that way feel free to add it. Why would I say this? Venom is practically a super-soldier and has nobody to relate with. With her being a bit like the symbiote, it would be somebody to relate with even if its just another alien form for a single person's personality thingy :p

Okay! Thanks for the go-ahead!

I've updated ShadowPax so that she again retains spidery qualities.

I've also inserted links for the heroines for whom I could not hotlink pictures because of the image-limit, including a fairly delightful image for ShadowPax.

I'm mostly satisfied with the images I've found.

I had a very specific image in mind for The Koan-- a woman in a black trenchcoat with a dark ponytail and a black faceless mask inset with the white portions of The Yin-Yang symbol-- which I am artistically unable to replicate. This doctored image of Renee Montoya as The Question will have to do.

Cannon-in-D-- I also had a specific type of image in mind-- a female (genderbent) Victor Stone except with Motoko Kusanagi's face in place of "Victoria's." Using "Kimus Aran" from the files of "Dresden Codak" achieves the color scheme I wanted, and the arm cannon, but it doesn't convey how heavy, how bulky I wanted her to be. Of course, even a slender woman in a full-body cybernetic prosthetic is going to pack a punch, you just can't tell that from looking at skinny ol' Kim. Ah well.

I thought for sure there was another lady speedster out there that could turn into light, but Karolina Dean will do as Constant-C for now.

Found an amazing picture of Tefe Holland which has become my image for Redwood, and I've even adjusted Redwood's powerset to match the image, that's how cool it was.

After a lot of different search combinations I finally found a good picture of a female Rokk "Cosmic Boy" Krinn, and the "L" on her LSH belt even doubles as the symbol for LodeOut. I've adjusted her personality to match her new look, as I wasn't especially satisfied with the effect the previous image had on her persona.
 
Back
Top