Anyone lift weights???

62 here and have been lifting for some time. Just started working with a trainer as I was bored with my routine. I'm lifting less with him but working muscles differently. Not bench pressing any more as he has me doing push ups. 60 so far in 3 sets of 20 along with different hand positions. The push ups seem to work more of my body and not just isolated chest.

62 here and have been lifting for some time. Just started working with a trainer as I was bored with my routine. I'm lifting less with him but working muscles differently. Not bench pressing any more as he has me doing push ups. 60 so far in 3 sets of 20 along with different hand positions. The push ups seem to work more of my body and not just isolated chest.

My story exactly just 5 years younger. Love it, been doing it for over a year. Racquetball game is off the charts now.

I think cardio is over-rated for fat loss. Lift weights and don't forget to do legs.

Cardio is indeed over-rated for fat loss. Firing up the major muscle groups is a better, longer-lasting, way to go. Also, you don't need to do hours of it at a time for maximum effect.

Yes I do lift weights

Do any women or men on this site lift weights? I am older and I can see what age/time and gravity do to one's body! I refuse to be a wimpy woman!!!! I can lift 50 pounds with ease!!
Sunshiny Sunday to you!

If you can lift 50lbs you are miles ahead of many women or men over 50. I am 65 years old and pretty fit. I lift weights, do cardio and some stretching. The key to succeeding is making it part of your life stlye - not a goal of being "fit."

I lift weights once a week in strength training but I use lighter weights (5-15lbs) so I can do more sets/reps.

I'm lifting 12 ounces right now with one hand while I type with the other.

l workout at the gym with weights four times a week....just toning and maintaining not body building.

Cardio is indeed over-rated for fat loss. Firing up the major muscle groups is a better, longer-lasting, way to go. Also, you don't need to do hours of it at a time for maximum effect.

I actually enjoy cardio, so the 20 or 30 minutes routine on my eliptical after lifting feels good ... but, I can cut weight by just lifting weights, I'm mainly in it for the strength though.

Back