What we know about Islam in Europe

The problem with these brown mothers is they don't smoke or drink man. They have nothing better to do than blow up our privileged asses man

Made almost entirely out of strawmen, no less. Very impractical. Gets soggy right away.

Pretty much. Ish and teh Chief just want to bash Muslims this week it would seem. Query will join them because he hates being left out.

What Ishmael and Cap'n Hypocrite combined know about Islam in Europe could fit comfortably on a post-it note it seems.

Let me tell you about the rich, white and privileged in Europe...

Virginia-Roberts-pictured-in-her-School-yearbook-from-1998-when-she-was-14.jpg

Could probably even make a list of those that are going to so post.

Ishmael

By this point in time, yes. Like Haiti, it will take 15 minutes to forget...

The only thing that will be remembered is how hateful the people were who did not appreciate the grand gesture, the noble intention and the big heart. If any of those had ever actually solved a problem, I would be on board with it, but at this age, I am just bored with it.

We already know the responses...

#oikophobia

No, you THINK you know what responses you'll get and respond to those. Which usually ends up making you both look like morons and is fucking hilarious to those who see the actual responses.

Sigh...

As i have said before, Sharia mediation is acceptable in the UK between consenting adults - if they both agree. Any form of mediation is acceptable under UK Law if both parties agree to it, even mediation by oggbashan or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If those using any form of mediation do not agree with the judgement, they can use English (or Scots) Civil Law but that is expensive.

The problem with Sharia mediation is well known. It does not place men and women on an equal status. Sharia mediation between two men, who agree to use it, is probably valid, but between a man and a woman? No. The woman could be under family and community pressure to accept Sharia mediation which is against her interests.

Calling for Sharia zones? These are publicity stunts by extremist Muslims and are against the law in any European country, because Sharia is not compatible with the country's laws, nor European law. Any decision by a 'Sharia Court' would be thrown out by the European Court of Human Rights.

The only relevance of Sharia is to decide religious disputes between Muslims. Unfortunately Muslims do not agree among themselves what Sharia Law is. They might have a single version within a particular sect or mosque, but no international version that covers Sunni, Shia, Wahabi etc.

Sigh...

As i have said before, Sharia mediation is acceptable in the UK between consenting adults - if they both agree. Any form of mediation is acceptable under UK Law if both parties agree to it, even mediation by oggbashan or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. If those using any form of mediation do not agree with the judgement, they can use English (or Scots) Civil Law but that is expensive.

The problem with Sharia mediation is well known. It does not place men and women on an equal status. Sharia mediation between two men, who agree to use it, is probably valid, but between a man and a woman? No. The woman could be under family and community pressure to accept Sharia mediation which is against her interests.

Calling for Sharia zones? These are publicity stunts by extremist Muslims and are against the law in any European country, because Sharia is not compatible with the country's laws, nor European law. Any decision by a 'Sharia Court' would be thrown out by the European Court of Human Rights.

The only relevance of Sharia is to decide religious disputes between Muslims. Unfortunately Muslims do not agree among themselves what Sharia Law is. They might have a single version within a particular sect or mosque, but no international version that covers Sunni, Shia, Wahabi etc.
quoted because there's no other factual information in any other post in this thread. thanks, mr ogg. :cool:

Sigh...

Mediation, when mutually acceptable to both parties in a dispute, is perfectly acceptable here in the US as well. As a matter of fact it is encouraged for minor disputes. However in most states the mediator is appointed by the court. My buddy the attorney is on a rotating list as a mediator as part of his pro bono commitment to the community. I know of two cases from which he applied for, and was granted, dismissal as a mediator because at least one of the two parties was known by him thereby compromising his impartiality. II doubt that that same level of impartiality exists within any of the Muslim enclaves.

I understand the 'publicity stunt' aspect of many of those various groups demands. That's quite apparent in the second article. Unfortunately over a long enough period of time there is a propensity to start caving to those demands. Compromises yes, but the compromise is always uni-directional.

You, and the first article, point out the problems with sharia mediation with regards to family disputes. divorce, domestic violence, child custody, etc. There are certain areas of the law that should NOT be subject to dual-track mediation.

Then there is your last point that was not brought up in either of the articles but is patently valid. They can't agree among themselves what their own laws are. There is NO written sharia law. It is all based on the Qur'an, the Haddiths, and the interpretation thereof.

Lastly there is the facts brought up in the second article where these 'mediators' are acting as de facto courts without any oversight by the state. The article can only bring to light those cases that are known. How many are unknown?

Ishmael

European Court of Human Rights

I'll think about that phrase for a while an how one defines a human right...

Mr Defilaux told the London Evening Standard: “He came in very aggressively and he told me to remove the sign. I asked him why and he said his community was offended by it and said if I didn’t remove it something bad was going to happen.

“I told him I was Muslim myself and I wanted to talk gently with him and I said people can’t kill journalists for expressing themselves.

“I calmly explained to him that what he was saying was not the reality of Islam. I thought I could calm him down, but it had the opposite effect. He went crazy.

“He said ‘I believe these people deserve to be killed and anyone supporting them deserves also to be killed’.

“I was all alone and started getting scared. He was a dangerous person. He said if I didn’t take down the sign he would smash up the shop, and then he just left.”​

:rolleyes:

let's see if we can get some responses to the articles linked. Other than the usual that is. :D

Ishmael

Well Ish, I'm normally loathe to "shoot teh messenger", but if you're going to quote Amir Taheri's Gatestone Institute as a source, well, so it goes.

Good writeup here on Taheri and his krewe

The bottom line is that Taheri and company lie early, lie big and lie often, hoping that chuckleheads like you will spread the deception and take the heat for the inaccuracies whilst they move on to the next big scandal.

Those advocating Sharia zones on the streets of the UK are seen on a par with criminal gang members trying to assert their control of gang territory against another gang.

That's all they are. Gangs trying to intimidate people. The usual response is 'Fuck Off!'. That might not be a politic response if there are numbers of them. Then the response is to call the Police.

Those advocating Sharia zones on the streets of the UK are seen on a par with criminal gang members trying to assert their control of gang territory against another gang.

That's all they are. Gangs trying to intimidate people. The usual response is 'Fuck Off!'. That might not be a politic response if there are numbers of them. Then the response is to call the Police.

who arrest the one who reports it

I posted that story a while back

Lastly there is the facts brought up in the second article where these 'mediators' are acting as de facto courts without any oversight by the state. The article can only bring to light those cases that are known. How many are unknown?

Ishmael

As I said, anyone offering mediation (even me or an Elvis impersonator) between two consenting adults can be legal under English Law.

De facto courts are not, and that has been made clear many times in the UK. However some mosques have been known to advocate Sharia courts for 'religious offences' - a very grey area and any such court would be illegal.

How many are unknown? Obviously we don't know.

There are initiatives tacking severe punishment meted out for offences against family 'honor' but that is not solely a Muslim problem. It is a feature of certain societies, some of which are Muslim, some aren't. Anyone causing physical or mental harm as punishment for 'honor' should be prosecuted but too few are. The reality is that women, particularly young women, are at risk of severe injury or death if they are seen to offend against cultural taboos. That is changing slowly and more young women are refusing to abide by their grandparents' rigid rules.

a few months ago, 2 young adults were JAILED for putting BACON near a MOSQUE

yet

the HATE PREACHER is in the open, spewing hate and worse and living on the DOLE

ISLAM IN EUROPE

The Hate Preacher is on bail awaiting trial.

He will be re-arrested soon for breaching his bail conditions.

And No. I don't think he should have been given bail.

let's see if we can get some responses to the articles linked. Other than the usual that is. :D

Ishmael

I didn't find the articles (or the links) to substantiate that there are sharia law zones in Europe.

The examples seem to break out into categories, the two biggest of which are the use of Sharia law as an alternative to traditional courts for non-criminal offenses. The same exists in this country for both Jews and Muslims and are completely voluntary. Personally I'm not a fan of them for either religion but it is simply two parties agreeing on a different basis for resolving disputes.

The second major category was groups attempting to impose Sharia law on their own in European cities. In these cases, the governments have not only denounced them but taken action against them.

To me, a Sharia law zone is a place where Sharia is the de facto law and can be used to decide cases against the will of the inhabitants. There is no evidence of that happening.

I'm going back to right-clicking on pictures of large tits.

That is a more satisfying activity than reading Sanity Sam.

#marchtonowhere
#marchtooblivion
#walk4zip

Oxford University Press Bans Mention of Pork And Pigs In Their Books To Avoid Offending Muslims…

peppa-pig

Unreal.

Via IBT:

One of the biggest education publishers in the world has warned its authors not to mention pigs or sausages in their books to avoid causing offence.

Oxford University Press (OUP) said all books must take into consideration other cultures if they hope to sell copies in countries across the world.

As a result, the academic publisher has issued guidance advising writers to avoid mentioning pigs or “anything else which could be perceived as pork” so as not to offend Muslim or Jewish people.

The move was revealed during a discussion on during BBC Radio 4’s Today programme in the wake of the attack on French satirical magazine Charlie Hedbo and its decision to use an image of the Prophet Mohammed on the cover of its latest issue.

Presenter Jim Naughtie said: “I’ve got a letter here that was sent out by OUP to an author doing something for young people.

“Among the things prohibited in the text that was commissioned by OUP was the following: Pigs plus sausages, or anything else which could be perceived as pork.

Back