The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

Big sister NY notices our quaint Boston elections


Ayanna Pressley

In recent weeks Pressley has picked up the support not only of Ocasio-Cortez, but of Massachusetts’ attorney general Maura Healey and the national Indivisible group. Senators Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey and Congressman Seth Moulton opted early on to stay neutral — a reflection of Pressley’s local clout.

Now in its final stretch, the twist-filled contest between Pressley and Capuano keeps testing the limits of the conventional wisdom about the shape of today’s Democratic Party. The strength of Capuano has shown that the left-wing fury washing over 2018, and in particular female and young voters, is not always directed squarely at incumbents.


Pressley, 44, is hardly the kind of Bernie Sanders–style democratic socialist crusader as the 28-year-old Ocasio-Cortez — she was a campaign surrogate for Hillary Clinton starting early in the 2016 contest. She’s no political neophyte, either. Pressley has served on Boston’s city council since 2009, when she was the first black woman elected to the body, and she previously worked for both former congressman Joe Kennedy and Senator John Kerry.

The homestretch question, then, is whether the party is as attuned to the newly emboldened grassroots as it purports to be, or whether the activist wing will remain a wing rather than Democrats’ new heart.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ants-to-shake-the-democratic-party-again.html
 
"In other words, in theory, I can be president of the United States and run my business 100 percent, sign checks on my business, which I am phasing out of very rapidly, you know, I sign checks, I’m the old-fashioned type. I like to sign checks so I know what is going on as opposed to pressing a computer button..."

Emperor Carrot Head, Oval Office Entity

November 23, 2016

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview-transcript.html
 
Nancy Pelosi
@TeamPelosi
·
2m

US House candidate, CA-12
Just another example of the gross
#CultureOfCorruption
, cronyism, and incompetence among Republicans in Washington today


Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
The Republican tax cuts gave Sheldon Adrlson a nearly $700,000,000 windfall earlier this year. Adelson has since given $30,000,000 to a Paul Ryan-linked super PAC


Trump Tax Cut Unlocks Millions for a Republican Election Blitz
nytimes.com


1:30 PM · Aug 27, 2018
 
41382171_993875320800202_2318300097999273984_n.jpg
 
I see that Trump has stated he is going to write in is own book to counter Woodward's impending best seller.

I can see it now, written in crayon and the opening sentence starting with "Once upon a time..."
 
I see that Trump has stated he is going to write in is own book to counter Woodward's impending best seller.

I can see it now, written in crayon and the opening sentence starting with "Once upon a time..."

Title to be "Covfefe: I Love Me"?
 
Firefighters facing massive fire

Verizon- Fuck you, pay me MORE

Victims facing rising waters, massive flood

First Responders face danger

Verizon - Fuck you, pay me MORE

“We traveled into a bigger town and called Verizon to check and see if there was a data outage,” the person wrote. “Only, I was told that my unlimited plan was deprioritized for being to low tier of a plan. But if I upgraded to a higher plan my service would be restored.”

Victims of massive gas explosion

First Responders in dangerous conditions

Verizon- Fuck you, pay me MORE
 
Strange days. Orange Cheeto-lini's penis has been in the news, before he planted his backside into the Oval office chair. Since then, we now have a definite description of Orange Cheetolini's penis.



The Onion made a direct sarcastic hit, to the target.

Do we have Sarah Huckabee Sanders issuing a denial, that Orange Cheetolini's penis is not abnormal ?


Meanwhile, a gang of men make plans to dictate to women, about the limits of what they can do with their vaginas and reproductive systems. If they can get a man that attempted to violate a woman's vagina into a position of ultimate deciding power over laws.

So fucked up.


Are our senators and congressmen making jokes about vaginas ? No, but they are re-tweeting oafs and boors, that do.

House of Fraternity Representatives circa 1966.

Senate Offices of Ugly Sexism circa 1952.
 
Stephen King's birthday September 21, 1947

71 year old fucker

September 21, 2018 5:59 pm

President Donald Trump and California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), traded insults Thursday night, with both calling the other a clown.

Amid a raucous rally in Las Vegas, the Republican president referred to Newsom, who’s running for governor, during a rant about Democrats and illegal immigration.

Trump said-"How about this clown in California who’s running for governor? He wants open borders and then he wants to give them health care, education, everything.”

Newsom shot back in a tweet that began, “lol, hi @realDonaldTrump.”

“Interesting description coming from the guy who is literally locking up kids like Pennywise,” he wrote, referring to Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border that led to migrant family separations.

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/09/...rthday-candidate-compares-trump-to-pennywise/
 
What a little b$?@&) our new Supreme Court Justice is!
He looked a lot like Trump when forced to (not) answer about FBI

Republicans are spineless short memoried fools

Win the house and enough of a new senate to IMPEACH Kavanaugh .. and Trump
 
I have this hair on the lower right corner of my phone screen (I believe it to be one of my chest hairs), and I simply can’t seem to wipe it away. It just stays there, no matter what I do. It’s the strangest thing. :rolleyes:
 
*tip of the hat, to Bacigalupo, who posted the tweet in the GB blurt thread

Mad magazine December 2018 issue

December issue, by writer Matt Cohen and Marc Palm, suggests it might be well on its way to reclaiming its place as one of America’s sharpest satirical voices. Or, to put it another way, when was the last time something in Mad magazine was being passed around online and made you go, “Oh, holy shit”?

The basic “joke” of Cohen and Palm’s “Ghastlygun Tinies” is spelled out right there in the intro, noting that, in an age where school shootings are increasingly rampant, Edward Gorey’s classic Gashlycrumb Tinies goes a little too far afield in searching for ways that children are likely to die. What follows is a pitch-black execution of that idea, ably mimicking Gorey’s style while continually twisting the knife of the basic premise. It’s enough to give you some real hope about the magazine’s future—and pretty much nothing else.

https://news.avclub.com/mad-magazine-issues-an-elegant-and-brutal-take-on-the-s-1829540337
 
Back
Top