Thar be Zombies in dem dere hills OOC

L

Ldy_Sea

Guest
This will be a Zombie RP set during the western expansion of the US, post Civil War. Six-Shooters, the Winchester, Knives, Indian war clubs, Tomahawks, bows, swords, and sabers, are the only weapons available. There are also tools that can be used as weapons, Axes, Scythes, pitchforks, etc...

The town we are in, Au-Mine (pronounced awe-min), is located in a valley, and there's only two ways out. Death, or the mountain pass (Kinda of like Perfection Nevada from Tremors). Because of it's location in the center of the mountains, the railroads never laid track, and the telegraph companies thought running poles and wires over the mountains which are controlled by hostile Indians would be too expensive.

The nearest town is Steadfast, which is smaller, but has a railroad. Fort Steadfast is just outside that town near the entrance to the pass. The 77th Calvary is stationed in Fort Steadfast. A 30 man squad is kept in the town (During the spring, summer, and fall) top help keep order and fight off Indian attacks. Just before winter a full company of around 100 men is sent in. Steadfast is three days by horseback, 7 days walking, (if the Indians don't kill you) except in winter when the pass is snowed under.

Au-Mine is the richest Boomtown ever known to mine, Gold, Silver, other precious metals, and gems. Because of the money flowing through the town, there are lots of gambling halls, saloons, cathouses, and every type of business you can imagine.

The town is populated with every type of western character you can imagine. Prospectors, Cowboys, Prostitutes, Snake Oil salesman, Gunfighters, Indians, Blacks, Chinese... There is very little agriculture or cattle since it's cheaper to buy it from other towns and import them. Of course with everyone getting so rich, prices on goods and services in this town are extraordinarily expensive. A visit to a cathouse averages $25.

The entire valley is already has every possible square inch claimed by prospectors, so new arrivals head up into the mountains, pushing the native Americans off their ancestral land. So the chiefs of the Hekawis (Yes I'm stealing the fake tribe from F-Troop) get together and lead all their people in the Ghost Dance which results in the dead not dying.

Basic rules for this Zombie RP

1. This is a local outbreak in a remote community, not a global pandemic.
2. To kill a Zombie you must shoot or stab it in the brain.
3. Zombies do attack the living, but being bitten does not make you turn. Only death. If you get bit on the neck and your carotid artery is damaged you will die. If your bitten on the hand you most likely will live.
4. Zombies are attracted by sound, light and smell.
5. You can not use undead as camouflage. Your scent gives you away.
6. All Indians are immune to the zombies and can move freely among them. They also have limited control over them, to direct their attacks.
7. Half breed Indians can go among them safely, but can't control them.
8. Animals are unaffected, and Zombies will not attack an animal unless it's with a human (Dogs, Horses etc...)
9. The cold does not affect the zombies, but they can freeze if the temperature gets too low. When they defrost, they are as they were before.
10. Zombies move slowly and stumble a lot. They can not run, or speak.
11. Anyone who dies in the Valley, turns. Even if they are hung at the gallows.
12. Time to turn varies. The first Zombies turn within minutes. But as time goes on the transformation takes longer and longer as the curse starts to weaken.

This RP will start just after the first snow of winter, which shuts down the pass. The townsfolk will have to survive the harshest winter in memory, with whatever supplies were brought into town.


My Characters: (I will post their details later)

Captain Lou Albano CO of Easy Company 77th calvary and his men.
Sargent Slaughter US calvary

Sheriff Hulk Hogan
Deputy Sheriffs Jake “The Snake” Roberts and “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

US Marshall George “The Animal” Steele
Deputy Marshalls “Hillbilly” Jim, and The Dynamite Kid

Gambler/Gunfighter “Rowdy” Roddy Pieper

(Yes I know they're all 80's wrestlers)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in joining this, I got an idea for a drunken, alcoholic half-Comanche gu slinger that I'll post a bit later.
 
Name: Johnathan (Jack) Daniels Standing Elk

Occupation: Tracker, bounty hunter, bandit, fur trader. He's just about done it all, his current occupation though? None.

Skills: Extremely skilled with all firearms, he is an absolutely superb shot, expert horseman, excellent tracker, skilled knife fighter, and he can drink two jugs of 3 x rotgut whiskey before passing out.

Equipment: 1 horse, 4 colt navy .45 pistols, 1 winchester repeating rifle, 2 derringers (one in each boot) weeks worth of dried rations, copious amounts of ammo and alcohol, 1 large bowie knife, 1 buck knife, 1 scalping knife, two tomahawks, and various other odds and ends in his saddle bags.

Description: 6ft tall, roughly 180lbs., long black hair and brown eyes and deeply tanned skin, he obviously has some native blood in him, most likely apache or Comanche from the looks of it. Typically he wears old faded clothes that may have once been a gentleman's clothes, an old black duster, and a wide brimmed black stetson hat.

Bio: Jack is the offspring of a white, western settler and a Comanche woman. The settler had actually gotten along peacefully with the tribe and took one of their own as his wife, shortly after Jack was born he died from cholera and the woman and her child returned to the tribe. For the next 19 years Jack lived amongst the comanche, raiding and killing with them before leaving to see what the "civilized" world was like, he ended up going to medical school but very soon after ended up dropping g out after falling in with a distasteful crowd. At the age 22 Jack soon became an outlaw, he joined up with a group of bandits and took to train and bank robbery. In one particularly vicious gunfight with lawmen most of the group were killed or captured, only jack and four others escaped with their lives. Shortly thereafter he decided to tey things on the other side of the law and became a bounty hunter, this led him to the town if Awmine, where there's prosperctor's there's always bound to be criminals.
 
Captain Lou Albano CO of Easy Company 77th calvary
Honor Graduate of West Point.
Veteran of Civil War. Several commendations. Good tactician, good woodsman, good fighter. Winchester, Colt Peacemaker, Bowie Knife, Bayonet.

Sargent Slaughter US calvary
Civil war veteran, grizzled old solider 20+ years. Peacemaker, Winchester, Scattergun indian tomahawk, and bone knife

Calvary troopers
Approx 50 in Au-Mine
Winchesters, Colts, and Scaterguns. Anyone can use a Trooper or two.

Sheriff Hulk Hogan
Tall strong blond haired cowboy. Worked in famous cow towns like Dodge City, Dead wood before coming to Au-Mine

Deputy Sheriff Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Called the snake because he keeps a pet rattlesnake. Tall overweight brown haired man, first time working as a peace officer. He was a saloon keeper in another town until the saloon was burned down by a gang after the town marshall killed one of theirs in the saloon.

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan
Used to run the sawmill in town until it was cheaper to bring in wood than to mill it in town. Took job as Deputy cuz he didn't have any other source of income.

US Marshall George “The Animal” Steele
Bald wild man, more animal than human. Has an affinity for animals and the uncanny knack to make any animal do what he wants. Was made Town Marshall because he was the only person in town feared enough to control the more wild individuals.


Deputy Marshall “Hillbilly” Jim
Grew up in the foothills of Tennessee. To this day prefers to dress like a poor farmer. Often going around without shoes, and with a stram hat chewing a stalk of wheat. Rarely carries a pistol, but usually has either an old flintlock, or scatter gun over his shoulder, not trusting "dem new fangled contraptions"

The Dynamite Kid
Worked as a dynamiter in the biggest mine around. Until he blew off his left hand. Was offered a Job as deputy marshall by the town council most of whom owned shares in the mine he worked in.

Gambler/Gunfighter “Rowdy” Roddy Pieper
He's Au-Mines Doc Holliday. Carries a specially made Gold plated Ivory handled 8 shot revolver. Dresses like a dandy, and talks like one too. He is always underestimated. It's believed he's killed a dozen men, all in fair fights.
 
This is my idea of a character, if it is accepted i'll post.
Name: Wind shiver-me timberly.
Nickname: Arrow.
Description: dirty brown long hair, deep green eyes, fair skinned, wears black clothes, grey leather pants and brown cowboy boots. Carries a quiver with arrows of assorted kinds.
History: Wind was once a pirate before arriving in the gold mine city called Au-mine, He's a notorious outlaw wanted by the sherrif. Many times he had been jailed, many times he had busted out.
Skill: he's a professional archer, can use almost anything as an arrow. Knows how to pick locks and is extremely crafty. (think Captain Jack Sparrow crafty in pirate of the carribbean.) speaks like a pirate and acts like one. Cares about nothing but himself. Wears a chain on his neck which he treasures above even his life. Is often used by the sherrif to blackmail him.
 
Last edited:
Don't TL;DR my last post it sets up the beginings of the zombie attacks and the town finding out the dead don't die no more...
 
Someone needs to tell the Marshall et al that the bell in the cemetary is ringing...
 
If you don't mind I would like to join this tale of daring do. I would take on the role of the undertaker (Boy with your choice of characters that just brings up an image doesn't it lol)

Name: Mark Callaway

Occupation: Undertaker and part time doctor

Bio: Mark is the son of an Undertaker who was the son of an Undertaker etc. He has no fear of the dead and indeed makes sure they are treated well. However he is also pragmatic about death and went into the business as a good career path. As his father used to tell him, 'All people die son, you will never be out of work as an Undertaker.' He moved to Au-Mine as prospecting towns especially rich ones like this, brought out the worst in people and a good Undertaker was always busy. Let the fools go prospecting for gold, he would make his money the easy way, Burying 'em when they died.

He was no fool though. Being in these towns he knew how to protect himself. He carried twin Remington's and had a Winchester rifle, both using the same ammunition. He found this handy as he only needed to buy the one type and he didn't need to carry two types of ammunition on him when he left town. He was also a good shot as he had practiced over and over again before leaving New York. He was also a decent boxer and wrestler having done both at school.
 
Whoops I may have stuffed up the time. I have made it night time when I discovered the Bell jangling. If this is wrong I can edit.
 
No worries, you noticed it when you did the time to turn varies so it could take 8 hours or more, or take time for you to hear the bell.
 
Back
Top