---The Rebels---IC Thread (Check the OOC to join.)

"Merchants, you say? That is an interesting cover story, even if it does have some flaws. In answer to your question, I haven't seen any guards yet."

Felix motioned with his hand for them to follow him.

"It's getting rather late. Let's continue our conversation at the inn I'm staying at. We should have more privacy there."
 
Serena watched from a distance, and heard bits and pieces of their conversation, and saw them start for the inn, Serana firmly spoke to Alduin "Alduin, Rebels, are they not? Alduin as usual growled out his words"Yesss, they are the mortals I met." Serana nodded, she stood there for a few more minutes after they entered the inn, before entering the inn herself, sitting a distance away from them, but able to hear them.
 
Ellerzit nodded agreeing. Felix was right, it was getting late and the Falkreath guards weren't exactly known to be friendly especially to strangers.
"I agree."
Now seated together in the rusty old inn, the General drank with the stranger, Felix the summoner. Even as they talked about shabby details like where he was from and how his travel had been, Ellerzit kept glancing around for any member of the witch's order.
"So your Familiars, they are loyal to a fault?"
 
Last edited:
While the three made small talk, Serana noticed the general glance around constantly ,""Alduin, what is he looking out for?" Alduin looked at the general a moment before answering "The witches order, their quest involves it." Serana looked at him startled, "How in the hell do you know this stuff?" her startled expression said to much, and she went back to a blank expression. "You best watch yourself, three or two men could take you down here, and I'm more then thousands of years old, the wise ones predicted this war and quest, and here we are."

Serana nodded thoughtfully, glancing at them. She hoped nobody and suspected her of anything yet. A couple of Falkreath guards walked in and began to laugh and drink, Serana receiving a few lust glances. "And yet I have you at my side, no?" Alduin chuckled and nodded a yes. "Alduin, how important is this scroll? Why do both sides want it? And I think we should be leaving soon" glancing at the guards. "The scrolls have not foretold, of its value. But I'm assuming it's powerful." Serana nodded, once again listening to the threes conversation.
 
"Most of them are, but I don't quite trust my newest one yet."

Their conversation was interrupted by a commotion on the other side of the inn. A drunk man was clutching at his knuckles and had a hexxed blade at his throat. The blade was attached to the bow of the violinist who had been playing when the group walked in. A few feet away, the cellist was trying not to laugh. Rising to his feet, Felix called out to her.

"Hey Xi, lighten up a little. He didn't mean any harm."

The young woman turned to face him and dropped her violin with a clatter. She ran over as if to hug him but dropped into a fighting stance at the last second. Pivoting her hip, she delivered a bone jarring uppercut that lifted Felix off his feet and sent him sprawling.
 
During the commotion, the three drunk guards, took this as a opportunity, they walk over and surrounded the table, she was barley visible, and Serana took it as a threat instantly. But only tensed. "Look at this sexy wench. Eh boys?" They all laughed loudly, even when he put his hand on her shoulder. She could smell his drunken breath. "I really suggest, you shouldn't try." Serama said calmly. Her fingertips now black. "Ha! We can kill you, or we can go outside. Got it?" He said violently and coldly. "Oh yes, let's go, I'd rather do it out there." she said smiling and walking out with the smiling men behind. She turned around quickly, touching the head guards neck with her black fingertips. Alduin, dug himself into a screaming guards neck. Within 30 seconds, all three were dead. She dragged all bodies behind the inn, walking back into the inn, where half the people in it looked at her.

Serana shrugged. " And how would such as I, kill three trained guards?" She said smiling. The people laughed. Obviously believing her, as her looks and apparel made her look like a waitress. She sat back down. She needed to pay before leaving. She knew the now four in the corner, weren't as stupid and would figure out she wasn't a waitress on break. This was wasn't hers anyway, she never joined the Rebels, so why warn them. They wouldn't believe her anyway.
 
As Felix got flunged to the ground, Ellerzit's hand instinctively went to Masamune that his robe has hidden. Before he could unsheat it and betray their portrate as merchants, Diren the hobbit tugged at his sleeve. He looked at the lady again and could clearly now spot the similarities. Same eye color, almost same facial features, same skin tone.
"Your brother?" Ellerzit asked the young violinist as he relaxed his stance.
Her response only made him laugh. "Seems you have a good family history." he joked helping the summoner up his feet.
Out of the corner of his eye, Ellerzit noticed three men leading a lady outside, he feared she might be in danger but when she came in and joked about not being strong enough to take out three drunks. Ellerzit knew something was up. The little dragon-like creature only rose his suspicion of her.
"Wait is that Alduin?" he wondered.
 
Last edited:
Serana noticed the general looking at her, and she knew her cover had been caught. He had the spark of suspicion and wonder in his eyes. Serana payed, and the swiftly walked over. Alduin jumped unto the table, and bowed his head in greeting. "I know whom you are, and so does he, you and Alduin have met I believe." she spoke softly so as to not blow hers or their cover.
 
Xi gave a quick nod followed by a series of gestures involving Felix and the south side of a northbound griffin. Having vented her frustration sufficiently, Xi trotted over to the stool she had been sitting in before the drunk had tried to grab her and retrieved her violin. She walked back to Felix's table and sat down beside him. Just above her head, the air shimmered as Xi's spirit composer made himself visible. He looked like the grim reaper wearing a swallowtail coat and tophat...a hot pink coat and hat, that is. Felis couldn't keep from laughing as he made a smartass remark.

"Hey Alister, Akuldama sent me a letter asking for his clothes back."

Alister let out a snort of derision and responded in a deep voice.

"As if I'd wear something that flamboyant, point toothed dandy had touched. Milady, why is it that you forbid me from eating him?"

Xiamara signed that he's her brother and family watches out for one another. That and he still owed her a large gambling debt.

Felix and Xi both looked up as a young woman came over to their table. On the table next to her was a dragon-like creature. Felix immediately felt Javryx grow restless and start growling from within Felix's shadow. For whatever reason, Javryx had always disliked dragons. The woman spoke to the hobbit's companion in a low voice. Watching her calmly, Felix addressed the young woman.

"Hello, miss. Is there something we can help you with?"
 
Serana politely bowed, looking at Felix, "Forgive me for my interruption, my dragon-" she paused, as she put Alduin on the ground, with gold/green bright like magic, she circled around Alduin, until he grew till his head reached 6 ft tall. Serana stopped her magic there, wanting to avoid any fines for the roof falling over their heads. "Has met these merchants before, and we have some very important discussion needed." Serana said smiling. "Yet... Maybe for another time, no?" Serana said smiling at the general. "Drem'ylok" That is hello in Dragon." Alduin spoke deeply and in a growl like tone.
 
Ellerzit was tempted to answer yes, that they should continue the discussion another time. Yet for reasons the general couldn't place he knew the summoner and his sister were to be trusted.
"Please sit down miss. I have a feeling that this is the perfect time." turning to Felix he asked. "Your services, do you take money for them or you do it for justice sake?"
 
Felix leaned back in his chair and rubbed at his bruising jaw.

"In exchange for my services, I just ask that lodging be provided. That is my only fee."

Xiamara nodded her head in agreement as Alister whispered something in her ear and vanished. Turning to Felix, she signed that food would be nice as well.
 
Serana sat down. She whispered a few words to alduin, and her natural appearance formed. "Valdimer knows we're your camp is, and he sets out today for the scroll in which you seek." Serana spoke lowly but loud enough for everyone at the table to hear. "I am Serana Ellkwppd, a life/mature Mage, and perhaps the last wood Elf."
 
Ellerzit nodded.
"Felix, you said your services can be paid with food and shelter. I want your help along with your sister's if she'll oblige. I'll pay for your services even adding gold if you want." he then turned to Serana.
"Unfortunately Serana, Vladmir already has in his possession the ancient elvish scroll. Our only hope now is to go for the one in the coven of Xith located in the forest to the west. I and Diren here came to this place because we were informed that their servants often come here at night to get what we don't know." he glanced around again "as for Vladmir knowing where the rebel camp is...we shall send messenger hawks by dawn to the camp. Warning to be armed."
"Ofcourse to be fore-warned is to be fore-armed." piped in the wise hobbit.
Ellerzit only shook his head, obviously used to the hobbit's meaningless words. "I'll not force your hands for i know this quest does not concern any of you, but i'll ask anyway. Will you aid us in getting the scroll?" he asked glancing between the three.
 
Last edited:
Felix nodded his head and looked over at his sister.

"We'd be happy to help, right sis?"

Xi signed that she agreed. Looking at him seriously, she started signing quickly. Felix let out a groan when he understood her request.

"Fine, you may use Puppet Waltz but cut my strings when you're done."

Picking up her violin, Xi played a short series of notes that caused threads of energy to attach to Felix. When he started speaking, his voice sounded off.

"For the next few minutes, I'll be borrowing my brother's voice. If you wish to reach the coven, there are some things you should know. I've been there a few times to perform while the witches dined and provide...entertainment afterwards. Every time I've gone, they blindfolded me but I was able to see through the bottom. I could tell we traveled through a rift in the spirit realm. Once we returned to the normal realm, we were near a river.

"From there, we walked for a few miles alongside the river before reaching the coven. Once inside, it's a maze of rooms and hallways much larger than the exterior suggests. I can get you inside but I don't know where the scroll is."

After she was done speaking, she cut the threads with her bow and Felix returned to normal.
 
Serana looked at Alduin. He said something in dragon and Serana nodded. "We're I'm as well." She almost cloaked her appearance once more but stopped realizing there was no point. She used her magic once more, Alduin shrunk down once more unto her shoulder. "Where do we begin?" Serana asked, her tone serious.
 
Ellerzit was glad the three strangers had decided to help. Even more relieved that one of them, Xi she was called knew the way. Can't be relying entirely on the coven's messenger that might never come.
"Where do we begin?" Serana asked in a sober tone.
The one time general looked out the small window, to the moon that was at its peak. The forest will be too dangerous to travel at this time, too drangerous even for the famous bandits of Zurlz.
"The hour is far gone and too dangerous for a journey through the woods. We shall leave for at dawn for the west, their is such a rift like the one you mentioned Xi in the Einrath woods." he then gulped down his jug then stood up. "For now we best get some rest. The inn will do till then."
 
Last edited:
Felix nodded in agreement with Ellerzit's assessment. Stretching his back, he stood up and pushed in his chair.

"Ellerzit has a point. We'll be less than useless tomorrow if we're exhausted. I'll pay for your rooms tonight since I invited most of you here. Xi and I have an errand we need to run but it shouldn't take too long. We'll meet here at this table tomorrow at dawn, agreed?"
 
"Agreed, We should set out at dawn as well, if we wish go get there before Valdimir does." Serana stood. "No need to pay, I have plenty of money I hardly spend. I shall go to bed" She bought her room, and although it took a while to sleep in a normal bed, she eventually dozed.
 
With a plan now set, Ellerzit and Diren stood with the others. "Tommorrow then, may the light grants you peaceful rests my friends." Ellerzit said before leaving the group. His companion behind.
The general wasn't one to use the camp's resources, not if he could help it. He placed the inn's charges on the good summoner who had offered to play and happily ordered drinks to his fill.
***
Before the cock crowed, even when fresh dew still lingered in the air, Ellerzit was down at the table. Unlike Diren who was trying to stay awake Ellerzit mind was occupied with thoughts of the mission and his eyes constantly kept busy on the drunk fools who were gathering theirselves up the ragged floor.
The general turned sight to the creaking stairs as one of his new companions descended.
 
Last edited:
Helping his sister rise from her chair, Felix walked over to the innkeeper and paid for two rooms for his new companions. Once that was done, he and Xi walked outside and stretched. They checked to make sure no one was watching before clasping hands and focusing on the inn. They worked slowly and carefully to surround the inn with spirit threads. If any nonhuman tried to enter, the siblings would immediately become aware of it. After thoroughly casting the threads, Felix used some of his blood to awaken Javryx and gave it permission to hunt in the forest surrounding the city. With that, their errand was complete so they returned to their respective rooms for the night. While Felix slept, Asura stood guard beside his bed.

---------------------

The following morning, Xi was awake before the sun rose and went downstairs to wait for the others. When she reached the bottom of the staircase, she saw Ellerzit and Diren already at the table. Reaching out with her mind, she willed the strands of spirit thread to become visible and converge around her fingers. She banished the thread with a flick of her wrist and it slowly faded away. Smiling at the pair, she took a seat beside them and quietly tuned her violin. The air shimmered from the magical aura surrounding the violin as Xi started polishing it. Gradually it developed a hungry-looking glow as if it hadn't been fed in a while.

It was at about that moment when Felix came down the stairs sleepily and sat next to his sister. For just a moment while trying to focus his eyes, Felix's pupils appeared to be slits rather than round. However, as quickly as it was noticed, they returned to normal.

"Good morning, everyone. Did you all sleep well last night?"

Xi nodded and for less than the blink of an eye, her pupils seemed to be slits as well. She signed that she had slept better than she had all year. Looking around, she signed a question asking where Serena was.
 
Serana walked out of her room, she saw Xi, Felix and the two Rebels at the table. She sat down and greeted them. And Alduin stayed on her shoulder. She sat down and they all began to discuss when it was time to go.
 
Watching the barkeeper mixing more water to a jug of ale, Ellerzit shrugged. "Oh how the economy has fallen, for a man so greedy in his own right should make a pleasant wine lose quality just to make it plentiful." the general stood and turned to the others. "Please lets began our quest before i am forced to stain both hands and clothing red."
Diren chuckled softly as they headed out the inn.
"I think i'll borrow this horses. They'll serve better purpose in saving the world than carrying a drunk thief." Ellerzit said as they reached outside. He lept on a horse and looked to the others if they'll follow or choose to walk.
Ofcourse Serana might be able to fly on Alduin if the dragon is enchanted to a large size. And the summoner can bring forth the beast that hunted last night for transport. Yet Ellerzit wouldn't leave the three horses be, for them to live the remaining of their days unpurposeful, without glory, carrying useless individuals with misguided perceptions about life. But they were just horses.
 
Last edited:
Felix walked over to one of the horses and was about to grab the reins when Xi stopped him. Bringing her fingers to her mouth, she let out a shrill whistle that was answered with a loud snort and the clopping of hooves. From behind the inn's stable came a large black war horse, its lean muscles rippling as it trotted over to Xi's side.

"Good idea, sis. This will leave horses for Diren and Serena, should they choose to ride them. Besides, it's been years since I last rode Andantino. Isn't that right, old friend?"

The horse showed its agreement by nuzzling Felix's shoulder and nipping him playfully. Felix patted Andantino's flank and turned to face his sister. He cupped his hands together and Xi used them to boost herself up onto the horse's back. Felix quickly followed by vaulting and swinging his leg over the horse. He landed firmly atoo the war horse and that's when he smelled it: the bitter aroma of fear, sorrow, and blood. He felt Xi tense up in front of him which meant she smelled it, too. Both of their pupils narrowed slightly when they interpreted the smells. Someone had been killed, possibly a young man. The fear and sorrow belonged to a woman, probably Xi's age, maybe younger. The most logical conclusion was that bandits had just attacked a young couple.

"Hey Ellerzit. Remember the bandits you told us about? They just claimed a victim are will probably claim another one if we don't stop them, so get your assail in gear and follow me!"

With that, Felix pressed his heels into the horse's flanks to urge it into a gallop and wrapped his arm around Xi's waist while the other rested against Andantino's neck. From the time they could walk, Felix and Xi were taught how to ride a horse bareback and had become very good at it. Looking back, Felix checked to see if the others were following him. At that moment, anyone looking at him would have been able to see how narrow his pupils had become, as well as notice the deep violet glow in his eyes.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top