Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathleen said:
Cool huh?

Den, I can't believe you actually uttered the words you feel badly for the insurance company (even if a windshield isn't too costly). I switched auto insurance carriers on 1/6/2005 and on 1/12/05 I had an accident. Then just a few months ago my neighbor had an accident in his parking spot and ended up driving his truck ONTO my car.

But the worst was my health insurance company. I switched carriers on 1/1/01 and that was the year my health blew out... within five months my costs were over $100K. It just continued to get worse and I kept thinking they probably had a contract out on me 'cuz I cost them so much. ;)

You're absolutely right. Sheesh, all of these years that I've paid insurance and never had to use it...what's a small thing like a windshield. Anyway, it will have to wait until Monday when I can call them I guess to see if they have preference over who I go to.

Then there's the other matter about the air conditioning, or lack thereof, in my car. It bailed on me after January. Well it wasn't so bad until we hit 100 degrees this week. Sucks to be me right now in AZ.

done_got_old said:
That's not what they say.
Oh yeah? Well, well, well this is news to me. So this is what you've been doing while you were away from Lit huh?

btw, the novels sound great... publishing thoughts?

Denae said:
You're absolutely right. Sheesh, all of these years that I've paid insurance and never had to use it...what's a small thing like a windshield. Anyway, it will have to wait until Monday when I can call them I guess to see if they have preference over who I go to.

Then there's the other matter about the air conditioning, or lack thereof, in my car. It bailed on me after January. Well it wasn't so bad until we hit 100 degrees this week. Sucks to be me right now in AZ.

I wish we had 100 degrees! I have my electric blanket on! I'm freezing.

Cathleen said:
Oh yeah? Well, well, well this is news to me. So this is what you've been doing while you were away from Lit huh?

btw, the novels sound great... publishing thoughts?

Yes, I'm working on query letters now. I just have to decided which publishers to send the letters to. Meantime I've written 20,000 words of the next in the series.

Denae said:

Den, go buy a car tomorrow! No a/c is cause of extreme alarm and panic for me and of course in Boston we don't usually have 100 degree days.

Cathleen said:
I've done nothing but love and feed them!! And do whatever they want basically.

That just means they are planning to do something to unravel all of your hard work. They like to keep us on our toes.

done_got_old said:
Yes, I'm working on query letters now. I just have to decided which publishers to send the letters to. Meantime I've written 20,000 words of the next in the series.
Wow, that is fantastic dgo, you are a writing machine. I have lost my muse and can't even find anyone to help me look for it.

Cathleen said:
Wow, that is fantastic dgo, you are a writing machine. I have lost my muse and can't even find anyone to help me look for it.

The answer to that is just write. It doesn't have to be good or make sense, just write.

Denae said:
That just means they are planning to do something to unravel all of your hard work. They like to keep us on our toes.
One is at my right hand giving me that 'midnight snack' look. Yeah, sure I'm the one in control here - HA!

done_got_old said:
The answer to that is just write. It doesn't have to be good or make sense, just write.
You're right and I should. The last time this happened I did just write and after about four hours I re-read it. I had three different stories rolled into one...it was terrible. But it did turn out to be three stories - guess I forgot that part about writing - just write.

bwt - have you heard or connected with MT at all?

Cathleen said:
You're right and I should. The last time this happened I did just write and after about four hours I re-read it. I had three different stories rolled into one...it was terrible. But it did turn out to be three stories - guess I forgot that part about writing - just write.

bwt - have you heard or connected with MT at all?

MT? Do you mean the person I asked you about earlier? The answer to that question is no.

done_got_old said:

Keep us posted on it all.

What kind of books are they?

done_got_old said:
We've got to do this again one day.
Most definitely, I still want to try to figure a way to meet a bunch of people. BG (bobsgirl) just came to Boston a few weeks ago - we had the best time. I'm hoping to go out to Ohio this summer to see her.

There are quite a few people I'd like to meet, many from this board. Den and others had worked out New Orleans Jazz fest but Katrina did that in.

I wish we had that Jetson's kind of travel.

Ditz moment

My co-worker had a great cold soup (but not gazpacho, DGO) and she gave me the recipe. I glanced at the ingredients and read the first one as "California Spicy Avocado & Vegetable Soup." I wondered where the hell I was going to find that. After yoga, I popped into the Sprouts that's next door to the studio. Well, they didn't have it.

I really wanted to make this soup, but I figured that I'd have to wait to ask her on Monday where I could find that first ingredient.

I've just looked at the recipe again and I realize that the first "ingredient" is the name of the recipe. Shit for brains takes on a whole new meaning when I'm involved.

OK, Den I have a question. You pointedly asked DGO if she had a recipe for that stuff but you didn't ask me!! So, how do you know I know nothing 'bout it? ;)

I saw Rachel Ray make a great sort of gazpacho - sort of salsa soup/dip thingie. It looked good. Gee, now I do see why you'd not ask me about a recipe! Rather clear.

Cathleen said:
OK, Den I have a question. You pointedly asked DGO if she had a recipe for that stuff but you didn't ask me!! So, how do you know I know nothing 'bout it? ;)

I saw Rachel Ray make a great sort of gazpacho - sort of salsa soup/dip thingie. It looked good. Gee, now I do see why you'd not ask me about a recipe! Rather clear.

No offense meant friend. If you read about the recipe above, you can see that tonight is not one of my best thinking nights.

Rachael always makes things look so easy. I've almost bought her cookbooks several times, but I am not allowed to buy any more cookbooks after the next one I buy. <I've got to have The Joy of Cooking and then I'm cutting myself off.> However, I did print her fish taco recipe & I'm going to make that one of these days. If I ever find where I put it before the move. :eek:

Denae said:
My co-worker had a great cold soup (but not gazpacho, DGO) and she gave me the recipe. I glanced at the ingredients and read the first one as "California Spicy Avocado & Vegetable Soup." I wondered where the hell I was going to find that. After yoga, I popped into the Sprouts that's next door to the studio. Well, they didn't have it.

I really wanted to make this soup, but I figured that I'd have to wait to ask her on Monday where I could find that first ingredient.

I've just looked at the recipe again and I realize that the first "ingredient" is the name of the recipe. Shit for brains takes on a whole new meaning when I'm involved.

Don't be so hard on yourself Den :rose:

I'm sure I could find some type of California Spicy Avocadoes for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back