Edward and Bella from the Twilight series

That might explain why she was a bitch when her new book got leaked on the net.

Yeah that little temper tantrum was telling, huh? :rolleyes:

I like her new hardcover - The Host. Enjoyed it much more than the Twilight series actually.
 
Yeah that little temper tantrum was telling, huh? :rolleyes:

I like her new hardcover - The Host. Enjoyed it much more than the Twilight series actually.

*nods* She could of handled it better, but meh- her fault.

I couldn't get into the Host, it was as odd and un-compelling to me like Breaking Dawn was.

But then again, I might of been expecting something else ^^"
 
I didn't think a lot of Breaking Dawn. The whole accelerated pregnancy/growth thing with Renesmee, while it made sense in the context of the story, left me feeling like it was a plot device to keep from having to write about a standard-length pregnancy. I'd been rooting for Bella to stay human, so I wasn't thrilled about her being turned (even though I get that it had to be done to save her life), and the scene where they persuade the Volturi to leave Renesmee alone felt anticlimactic to me.

I also didn't like the scene where Edward offered to let Jacob impregnate Bella, but I still think that has serious erotica possibilities. lol
 
I didn't think a lot of Breaking Dawn. The whole accelerated pregnancy/growth thing with Renesmee, while it made sense in the context of the story, left me feeling like it was a plot device to keep from having to write about a standard-length pregnancy. I'd been rooting for Bella to stay human, so I wasn't thrilled about her being turned (even though I get that it had to be done to save her life), and the scene where they persuade the Volturi to leave Renesmee alone felt anticlimactic to me.

I also didn't like the scene where Edward offered to let Jacob impregnate Bella, but I still think that has serious erotica possibilities. lol

Well said, well said.
 
Anybody read any of Kresley Cole's books? Especially A Hunger Like No Other. She writes some seriously hot stuff going on with her Werewolf main character.

A
 
I'm a skimmer/speed reader. I pick up a book, skim it and THEN go back and read it (its weird but its how I roll)...this is what I gathered from my Breaking Dawn skim and why I wont read it.

Deus ex machina. It seemed like there was a perfect explanation for everything and everyone's life came to a perfect, kind of saccharine conclusion. Even with the scary demon birth scene, after Bella was changed she was a kind of lame vampire. Where was all the pain and thirst of the change?

and Meyers HAD to give SOMEONE to Jacob so he imprints on the kid? Really?

And the Volturi, again, just mildly accept what the Cullens say and go on with their lives. Seems so inconsistent with this whole "FEAR THE VOLTURI" kind of picture Meyers painted. Anticlimactic is the perfect word.

I just think Bella is like the anti-feminist and became more and more weak and annoying as the books went on. She was so sassy and sarcastic in the beginning. Then she slowly became kinda wimpy and "damsel in distress like"....

...so I basically just pretend the book ended with eclipse. I really liked the first three books so I'm just gonna stop there. My friend is reading Breaking Dawn now and she is so bummed....I warned her.

anywho, thats just my opinion
 
Anybody read any of Kresley Cole's books? Especially A Hunger Like No Other. She writes some seriously hot stuff going on with her Werewolf main character.

A

True; but so does Anita Blake.
 
I found this and thought it was kind of neat and funny. Notice that this "Edward Cullen" doesn't have a death date? Coincidence?

Twilight__s_Edward_Cullen_by_kibasgirl4ever.jpg




what's also weird is that he has no birthdate either!
 
never read the books but it looks like i am going to have to now
 
Bumping 'cause I just posted a link to this thread in response to someone else asking for stories based on this series.

Also because I'm going to try to write the Edward-Bella-Jacob threesome (or Bella-Jacob hookup with Edward watching); I'll let y'all know if and when I get it done.
 
Bumping 'cause I just posted a link to this thread in response to someone else asking for stories based on this series.

Also because I'm going to try to write the Edward-Bella-Jacob threesome (or Bella-Jacob hookup with Edward watching); I'll let y'all know if and when I get it done.

Can't wait to read it!!
 
I had a horrible thought in the middle of the night last night...

Does anyone know how old Jacob is in Breaking Dawn???
 
***** SPOILER ALERT******* SPOILER ALERT******* SPOILER ALERT********


Don't say I didn't warn you; there are Breaking Dawn spoilers in this post.


Read at your own risk.


In the book, while Bella's body is being pretty much destroyed by her pregnancy with Edward's baby, Edward asks Jacob to help him persuade Bella to give up that baby, and asks Jacob to father a child with Bella so Bella can have the experience of pregnancy and childbirth without dying. In the book, that doesn't happen, but I would think, and it was mentioned earlier in this thread, that if it had happened, Edward would have wanted to watch to make sure Jacob didn't, intentionally or inadvertently, hurt Bella. So his watching could be dangerous, but I can't imagine him leaving Bella alone with Jacob. :)

Okay, the wolves stop aging; but chronologically how old is Jacob? Edward's around 100 years old, counting from the time he was born to the time the book takes place, even though he stopped aging when he was turned at age 17. I seem to recall Jacob being a year or two younger than Bella, which I think would make him 17 or 18 in Breaking Dawn even if you take into account the stopping aging thing. It had better be 18 for the purposes of this site, since even a werewolf under 18 is still underage, but I don't want to mess with Meyer's chronology to change his age if he isn't already 18. The story I'm writing takes place a month and a half or so after Edward's conversation with Jacob in the book.
 
Urgh... no one knows how old Jacob is in Breaking Dawn?

I'm almost finished the story, but I don't want to keep working on it if I won't be able to post it here. Maybe I should just assume he's eighteen, say somewhere that he's eighteen, and call it good.
 
Wow. You know, I actually think she'll be perfect! I just finished re-reading New Moon. I'm thrilled the film will have a new director and that Taylor is staying on as Jacob. Now, if only it could be released...tomorrow!



I dunno. I'm not a big Fanning fan, but she might be able to pull it off : )
 
I finished my Jacob and Bella story a week or so ago; just need to make time to edit it so I can submit it. I'm planning to do that later this week.
 
My story will be up tomorrow; hope people will take a look and vote.

I let my daughter read the nonsexual parts of it; she said, "That's messed up! But it sounds like Twilight." So we'll see how it does here. lol
 
Back
Top