Conversations

The Dance

Its dark outside. No moon tonight. Quiet. Almost boring. Mind races, it wanders along a meandering path. Perhaps along a stream. Gait undulating. Mimicking the gurgling stream as it falls and tumbles down the mountain.

A noise that is ingrained into my being. It's been a part of me for many many years. Perhaps too many years. I wonder how many more years will it be a part of my existence. Will it haunt me. Will I miss it when it's gone. Perhaps.

Beep beep beep beep it will continue for exactly 30 sec. It rarely does. Most find it too annoying to ignore and in many ways that's the point.

So it begins. Another dance. I am tired of dancing. How many more of these can I do? How many more do I want to do?

I walk into a world of bright lights and clean cold hard floors. Everything about this place is cold. A figure in blue. A lady in Blue. The colors will change. Sometimes she wears green sometimes blue. Those seem to be the most popular choices. Occasionally a faded red. She is always there. She never misses a dance. I have come to rely on her, I would miss her if she left. Her smile. That sweet knowing smile and gentle eyes, little beautiful wrinkles form along the edges of her eyes, she provides the only source of warmth in the room.

More beeping. The monitor shows spikes. Beeps and spikes, symmetric spikes. A bad combination. Next will be the erratic small spikes, and then the spikes will leave, replaced by silence, quiet rest.

She is a form in bed. Flat. Naked. Always naked. Frail. Thin. Small.

Her heart is tired. She wants to go home. She has had one too many drinks. The levels are too high. They are toxic. I try distraction. Perhaps a little jolt of electricity. Makes for a great diversion. She is too smart. She won't fall for it. It's going to be an interesting night.

I hate interesting nights.

I shock her again. That should get her attention. Uh oh, now she is pissed. She starts to stomp out. Lots of sharp spikes. Beep beep beep the angry clicks of her heels.

I plead with her. Please don't leave, not yet. Have another drink with me. It's cold and empty outside.

Perhaps she'll share a drink. A little amiodarone may buy us a little time. She stops and settles into a stool. Her heels still tapping impatiently. The beeps slow down. The spikes of unnatural toxicity start to taper. The symmetry starts to ebb and the chaos of life creeps in. Perhaps another cocktail. Just for good measure. She is tired. She so desperately wants to go home.

A hint. A gesture. A slight quiescence in her eyes.

It's almost done now. The sun will come soon. She smiles. The Lady in blue grins. Life. The outline of her breasts pressed against the material of her blouse. Warmth. Life. No sharp lines. Nature.

A little Levo to help her pressure. I express my gratitude.

Thank you for staying.

Should have checked her levels. This should not have happened but it does. Hemodialysis will help her heal.

At 44 your heart can take a lot.

The drudge to the parking lot. How many more? I could walk away. Deal with paper, spread sheets, the reduction of humanity to a number in a box. Maybe I will. But I won't. This is the only way I know. I was a kid when I started. Now I fear it's too late to leave.

The Lady in blue. Wonder what color bra she wore?

I hope she makes love tonight.

Moments of Joy

There is a dampness in the air. I can feel the moisture on my nose. In the distance the mountains are shrouded in a veil of haze. There is a haziness everywhere you look. A blurring of images and shapes. A sense that anything is possible. Just on the other side of the haze the possibilities are endless. The potential of things yet to come. Experiences yet to happen.

The street lights are on now. The day is done and the night is upon us. The evening is still fresh. The snow drifts down in the harsh glare of the street lights. Slowly the lights start to dim as the shroud of snow grows ever bolder. Tonight the snow will win. A blanket that muffles all noises. In the morning there will be joy full glee and little ears listening to the radio. The cancellations will be met with dread and joy.

Tonight there is peace. The lights start to dim. A tiny little snow flake lands on my nose. It tickles a little. Soon it will melt. Its existence measured in seconds. The long journey it has had to provide me a moment of joy.

Did it start in the ocean or did it come from a lake perhaps a pond. It does not matter. It will become a part of the whole again. Only to repeat the circle yet again as it has done for many many years.

The joy of moments

An Ode to Women

An Ode to Women

As I sit here today and close my eyes. My mind wanders. It wanders to all the women I have known and met. Some are passing encounters. The young woman who asked me to step into the airport scanner with gorgeous eyes. Others I am related to. My mothers gentle touch. A coworkers laugh. A unique laugh. The kind of laugh that makes you stop and hesitate. It irritates the ear. Is this a sound that is appealing? It slowly entices you. The kind of laugh that leaves you longing for more. Analogous to a glass of bourbon. The aroma beckons you. That first touch with the tip of my tongue leaves me seared. Yet I come back for more. I long for it.

What is it about women. The essence of what draws me to them.
Beyond the distractions, and there are many.
Distillation of thoughts.

What is it that makes me long for a woman's voice. The craving for her touch. The desire to embrace her. Protect her. The desire to know her fears and quirks.

It starts with the eyes. There is a gentleness there. Kindness. The Lady in blue (from an earlier post) has the kindest eyes. The wrinkles at the corners giving her eyes character. The wrinkles in a woman's eye when she smiles are the wrinkles of life. The result of many smiles and laughs and tears. Wisdom.

A woman's eyes.

Some are haughty and uninviting.

Others are open and welcoming. Humble.

The eyes this morning of the young woman at the security check point. Bright. Curious. Inquisitive. Yet she hardly knows what gems she carries. There is doubt and hesitation. That will improve with age. She has enhanced them with makeup. The specifics of her makeup I am ignorant of. Yet she does not need it. Her eyes are beautiful. They need no enhancement. There is a realness, a genuine expression in them.

A woman's voice has a strange effect on a man's ears. It catches our attention. It soothes the mind. Perhaps a left over evolutionary trait from when we were babies. There is the idea that women often espouse of little boys in big bodies. Perhaps that has some kernel of truth. Her voice can make a mans heart melt, yet at the same time turn us into blabbering fools.

It takes us age and wisdom to engage with a woman's mind. They seem to be more knowing more tuned in. It takes us many years to catch up.

Perhaps we never do.

There is a knowledge there that we seem to be outsiders too. Even after many years we manage to play at the periphery of this pool. We are afraid of its debts. Our knees weaken at the thought wading past the shallows. Yet they ease in and out of the deep. A perspective that we often miss.

Perhaps it is my minds craving for novelty. The desire to learn. To feel anew. There is an emotional richness in her mind. An intelligence beyond mine. A complexity that can befuddle, yet provide immense insight. There is greater connectivity. Functional MRIs show different patterns of response than a mans. Perhaps in understanding a woman and her desires, fears, ambitions, feelings it allows me to experience emotion that I can not on my own.

They have a vocabulary, an ability to express and describe that is so different from mine. All one has to do is hear a woman talk about color and there are words and hues that I do not fathom.

There is an innate sense of nurture that is so different from mine. A nurses comforting smile. Her gentle touch. A mothers cooing calms a babies wail. It takes the sting out of a little girls booboo.

Fascinating.

They can calm with a look. Make a mans heart melt with desire. Yet the same eyes can chill a mans heart and stop him frozen.

A desire and passion that takes time and patience to reveal. The rewards of finding it can lead to pleasures that are beyond description. A libido that most men find hard to match.

There are few joys in life that rival the joy of a woman in pleasure. To see the mixing of pain and pleasure across her face. To hear her. To know that she has chosen to share this moment with me.

As I write this it occurs to me that an ode to women can not be encompassed in one post. This maybe the first multipart post on my thread.

A new tradition.

Peace on a Snowy Day

Wind rushing past my ears. A muffled whistling through the ear muffs. Cheeks numb from the cold. Smile frozen in place. Rolling off the sled. Running back up the hill. Boots sinking into the deep snow.

Collapsing at the top. It's quiet. Calm. I can hear my heart pounding. Watching my frozen breath as my chest heaves up and down.

My eyes drawn to those majestic giants of nature yet again. They go straight up. Tall. Quiet. Strong guardians of the forest. Their limbs covered in a blanket of snow. The tips of their needles just barely poking past the snow. Defiant. They have been here a long time. Weathered many storms. The clouds slowly drift past.

I close my eyes. My mind is calm. My jaw relaxed. My breathing quiets. The pounding in my chest slows. Shoulders and feet relax into the snow.

Peace

Illusions of Spring

The sun slowly gets stronger. Higher. It hangs in the sky for longer. Even on a cold windy day there is a warmth in the air. My feet leave imprints in the soft soil. I tread carefully. Respectfully, for this is the soil of life. It is the matrix that supports all life. My eyes see it before my brain can realize what it is. A flash. A hint of green. Is is real. Perhaps I have imagined it.

I walk closer. Bend down and there it is. Bright green. Barely there.

The first leaves of spring have arrived.

Connection

A moment in time

Corners of the lips turning up, wrinkles along the edges, the hints of a smile, like the faint scent of a long ago memory

Glint in her eyes, an instant, sparkle of the sun as it dances over the water, only landing for an instant and then up again, leaving little sparkles in its path

Doubt, Fear, Insecurities forming dark shadows. Two hands almost touching, yet holding back, separated by a mere few centimeters, lingering, thinking, years between them, space for the rules

Smile ventured, and Reciprocated

Bud popping open, the blooming of desire, hope fills the space, the power of a smile

Tender touch, warmth, fingers against fingers, courage building, a connection is born

A uniquely human act

Spring Sunday Afternoon

I can feel the breeze against my face. It has lost the cool of early spring and now there is a warmth in the air. It is a comforting warmth. My ears pick up the the rustle as the wind as it gently flows through the young canopy of leaves. They are still a bright green. Ah the many shades of green. They have yet to mature into the dark chlorophyll bundles of energy. They too are enjoying the joys of spring. Time seems to slow down on afternoons like these. There is a robin in the grass. A hawk rides the thermals over head. A perfect afternoon.

Sensations

Sensations

Hands in loose damp black rich compost. Cool to the touch. Soft precious silk. Mixing with the granular hard clumps of manure. Tools and gloves at my feet. They will take a day off today. It's been a stressful week. The need to feel her against my fingers. She slides under my nails. I wipe my sweat coated forehead and she is rough against my face. I mix her with my hands. The two coming together to create anew. The tension eases. Mind calms. She settles into the pores of my skin. I try to wipe her off, but I can't. I am one with her.

One day I too will be part of her.

Caress

Caress

Longing
Aching
Desire
Warmth
Tell tale
papillary dilation
Pressure receptors
Sensations
Flooding neurotransmitters
Touching
Slowly feeling her skin
under my fingers
Calming my soul
Sensing her response
Cherishing her smile
Looking into her eyes
Distractions fading
Singular focus
Memorizing the texture
her texture
Her goosebumps
Burning the moment
Letting her scent overwhelm my senses
Slowly getting lost in the moment
Insecurities retreating
Fears receding
Courage striding forth
Thumb caressing the soft ridges of her lower lip
The curve of her lips
Crimson the color of life
Moist
Warm
Overwhelming need

great thread!!!

Communication is the key to so many things in life. From kids to employment...& of course sex/love.

Fond Memories

The scent of soil after heavy summer rain. Effervescence of champagne. Tiny bubbles popping. Their cargo spreading onto the wind. That unique scent. Small chemicals fitting into their receptors. The magic of chemistry being converted into the biology of electricity. The memories of a forest in the early morning after a rainy night. Refreshing damp cool air against my face. The magic of life under my feet.

The Need to Care

We seem to be designed to care. A reciprocating desire. The desire to be cared for and the desire to care for another. The desire to love and be loved. Our souls need it. Without it we are sad and ill. Our lives our shorter without love. Camaraderie and community allow us to be happy and content. Study after study shows that quality of life and even longevity depends on community and love.

We are designed for it. When we see another being hurt we have neurons that fire to replicate that pain and action in us. Mirror neurons maybe the basis for empathy. We can literally feel what another feels.

It is this ability to feel and build community that allows us to dominate all other species. It allows us to be the most powerful beings on earth. We control the destiny of the planet. We can choose. We have the ultimate power. Power comes with responsibility. I hope we make the right choices.

Perhaps this will prompt you to tell those that you care for that you love them and bring them a little joy.

The Smiles I Saw Today

She smiles as she plays with her baby. The living embodiment of her dreams.

He smiles as he holds his first loves hand and her gentle smile back as she feels the warmth of his skin against the palm of her hand.

An older man as he holds the door open for his wife.

She giggles as her father swoops her off her feet.

A smile starts in the heart and leaves a lasting mark on our soul.

I hope that you smile when you read this.

She smiles as she plays with her baby. The living embodiment of her dreams.

He smiles as he holds his first loves hand and her gentle smile back as she feels the warmth of his skin against the palm of her hand.

An older man as he holds the door open for his wife.

She giggles as her father swoops her off her feet.

A smile starts in the heart and leaves a lasting mark on our soul.

I hope that you smile when you read this.

This is entirely beautiful...I came about this thread and I have been scrolling through...it is deeply touching and so lovely...thank you...:rose::rose::rose:

We seem to be designed to care. A reciprocating desire. The desire to be cared for and the desire to care for another. The desire to love and be loved. Our souls need it. Without it we are sad and ill. Our lives our shorter without love. Camaraderie and community allow us to be happy and content. Study after study shows that quality of life and even longevity depends on community and love.

We are designed for it. When we see another being hurt we have neurons that fire to replicate that pain and action in us. Mirror neurons maybe the basis for empathy. We can literally feel what another feels.

It is this ability to feel and build community that allows us to dominate all other species. It allows us to be the most powerful beings on earth. We control the destiny of the planet. We can choose. We have the ultimate power. Power comes with responsibility. I hope we make the right choices.

Perhaps this will prompt you to tell those that you care for that you love them and bring them a little joy.

:heart::heart::heart:

Good afternoon east coaster Exploration2...

I hope your day is filled with immense kindness and peace...

Hope your evening is filled with nature and beautiful trees..

Ty for your caring and friendship...Bless you...

((((hugs)))):heart::rose:

Last edited:
An Ode to Women

As I sit here today and close my eyes. My mind wanders. It wanders to all the women I have known and met. Some are passing encounters. The young woman who asked me to step into the airport scanner with gorgeous eyes. Others I am related to. My mothers gentle touch. A coworkers laugh. A unique laugh. The kind of laugh that makes you stop and hesitate. It irritates the ear. Is this a sound that is appealing? It slowly entices you. The kind of laugh that leaves you longing for more. Analogous to a glass of bourbon. The aroma beckons you. That first touch with the tip of my tongue leaves me seared. Yet I come back for more. I long for it.

What is it about women. The essence of what draws me to them.
Beyond the distractions, and there are many.
Distillation of thoughts.

What is it that makes me long for a woman's voice. The craving for her touch. The desire to embrace her. Protect her. The desire to know her fears and quirks.

It starts with the eyes. There is a gentleness there. Kindness. The Lady in blue (from an earlier post) has the kindest eyes. The wrinkles at the corners giving her eyes character. The wrinkles in a woman's eye when she smiles are the wrinkles of life. The result of many smiles and laughs and tears. Wisdom.

A woman's eyes.

Some are haughty and uninviting.

Others are open and welcoming. Humble.

The eyes this morning of the young woman at the security check point. Bright. Curious. Inquisitive. Yet she hardly knows what gems she carries. There is doubt and hesitation. That will improve with age. She has enhanced them with makeup. The specifics of her makeup I am ignorant of. Yet she does not need it. Her eyes are beautiful. They need no enhancement. There is a realness, a genuine expression in them.

A woman's voice has a strange effect on a man's ears. It catches our attention. It soothes the mind. Perhaps a left over evolutionary trait from when we were babies. There is the idea that women often espouse of little boys in big bodies. Perhaps that has some kernel of truth. Her voice can make a mans heart melt, yet at the same time turn us into blabbering fools.

It takes us age and wisdom to engage with a woman's mind. They seem to be more knowing more tuned in. It takes us many years to catch up.

Perhaps we never do.

There is a knowledge there that we seem to be outsiders too. Even after many years we manage to play at the periphery of this pool. We are afraid of its debts. Our knees weaken at the thought wading past the shallows. Yet they ease in and out of the deep. A perspective that we often miss.

Perhaps it is my minds craving for novelty. The desire to learn. To feel anew. There is an emotional richness in her mind. An intelligence beyond mine. A complexity that can befuddle, yet provide immense insight. There is greater connectivity. Functional MRIs show different patterns of response than a mans. Perhaps in understanding a woman and her desires, fears, ambitions, feelings it allows me to experience emotion that I can not on my own.

They have a vocabulary, an ability to express and describe that is so different from mine. All one has to do is hear a woman talk about color and there are words and hues that I do not fathom.

There is an innate sense of nurture that is so different from mine. A nurses comforting smile. Her gentle touch. A mothers cooing calms a babies wail. It takes the sting out of a little girls booboo.

Fascinating.

They can calm with a look. Make a mans heart melt with desire. Yet the same eyes can chill a mans heart and stop him frozen.

A desire and passion that takes time and patience to reveal. The rewards of finding it can lead to pleasures that are beyond description. A libido that most men find hard to match.

There are few joys in life that rival the joy of a woman in pleasure. To see the mixing of pain and pleasure across her face. To hear her. To know that she has chosen to share this moment with me.

As I write this it occurs to me that an ode to women can not be encompassed in one post. This maybe the first multipart post on my thread.

A new tradition.

A very sweet friend suggested I read this thread. Eternally grateful to her I will be.

This was truly lovely. Thank you for writing it.

Locked Boxes

Often kept in the attics of our minds. Safe silos for our thoughts. Keepers of our secrets and demons. Protectors of our facades. Purveyors of pain and hurt. Allowing us to project our personas. The one we choose to show to the world.

Theirs is the world we choose to stay away from. Yet, sometimes the locks slip open. In those quiet spaces. When the world is asleep. The phone is quiet. The work of the day is done. When we allow ourselves the indulgence of introspection.

The keys to those boxes for some are therapy. Perhaps that is the healthy way to open these boxes. A guarded controlled release.

Too often, the boxes burst open. Their contents spilled in an unwieldy tangled mess. Scattered about the neatly ordered space. The id intruding into our fragile egos. Sharply contrasting with the usual efficiency of our brain.

Keys that open them are many. Bourbon. Funerals. Scents. Places. Pictures. The fringes of the pathways to our memories.

The result is often pain. All the pain we chose not to deal with. Often tears. Sadness.

Perhaps at the end of it all we are better for it. Hope and sunshine are the ubiquitous healers.

Another day. Time to put on the mask and face the world. Climb the stairs down to sanity.

Another most beautiful post...keep them coming...have a beautiful weekend my friend. ..:rose::rose::rose:

Good luck today. ..I know it is very important to you. ...you are so sweet and special...Adore you:rose::rose:

Last edited:
Civility

A fabric. It's the medium in which our discourse takes place. There are rules in that milieu. Those rules exist for a reason. They govern our behavior.

They enforce a filter of kindness. Of moderation in what we say and do. Tolerance flows from civility. Tolerance of ideas and view points.

Perhaps the most untrue of all sayings is:
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can't hurt me.

Words often cause far more harm than stick and stones. Words have meaning and power. They can change a nations discourse. In doing so they can change a nations fiber. The threads that make up the fabric. The milieu.

Back