"The Queen's Quest" (PM to join)

TimTimTyner

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 6, 2016
Posts
382
We aren't writing this for reasons I don't want to discuss, so I am just going to delete it.
 
Last edited:
Basic Turn:
  • "Sharla the Sword":
    • She enters, surveys the tavern and its occupants, and casually takes a seat at a pair of tables in the corner arranged to serve 6 people.
    • She carefully though inconspicuously notes the locals, travelers, and (particularly) the soldiers upstairs.
    • She notes the avenues of escape: two doors and the glassless windows (through which she doubts she could get herself and her weapons without a bit of awkwardness).
    • She waits for the Bar Maid and her friends.
  • "Hannah the Healer":
    • Hannah waits a couple of minutes before entering. The lack of an uproar inside tells her that Sharla hasn't run into any trouble.
    • She enters casually, making a quick stop near the cooking pit first to check the pig. Tavern food has killed as many people as war, so she likes to check the offerings before eating in such an establishment.
    • She joins Sharla, ensuring that she does not block the Warrior's view of the rest of the room.
  • "Allie the Arrow":
    • She enters a full five minutes after her traveling mates.
    • She'd been watching from a distant wooded area to allow her to see both doors of the inn.
    • If someone had fled to contact the authorities, Allie would have seen them. An arrow thunking into the exterior of the building would have warned Sharla and Hannah to quietly stand and depart.
    • She enters casually and moves to sit with the others. She can see the part of the tavern that Sharla can't without looking like she's looking.

More detailed description:
  • The three women have been working together for almost a year now as Highwaymen, robbing merchants on the main road between the Capital and the County Seat. They hadn't intended to be criminals: it just happened.
  • Sharla:
    • She had been one of two children of country peasants who had seen all they had of value stolen again and again by thieves and tax collectors.
    • Tired of the abuse, she learned to use a sword from her older brother.
    • Together, they began striking back at those who cheated them, sometimes only punishing them (as in greedy tax collectors) and sometimes killing them outright (as in the case of brutal thieves).
    • One harsh winter, the farm was set upon by the local Count's Soldiers. Escorting the local Tax Collector (who accused the family of evading they right and proper taxes) the soldiers murdered Sharla's father and brother during a scuffle right before the eyes of the womenfolk.
    • The two women were taken into custody and hauled away to the Count's Keep in shackles.
    • Sharla's mother (already sick and exhausted by life) died of a savage fever the day the pair reached the Keep.
    • Sharla was given the great privilege of becoming the Count's play thing and living a relatively comfortable life; or of becoming a whore for the Count's Officer Corps, living the rest of what predictably would have been a short life shackled in a cold, damp cell.
    • Sharla elected for the former, of course. But after just a few weeks of carefully monitored, strictly controlled sexual servitude, she managed to get her hands on a dagger and stabbed, then castrated the Count one night, leaving him to bleed out in his own bed.
    • She escaped into the night with an unlikely pair of accomplices: a Mountain Elf named Allie and a River Elf named Hannah...
  • Allie:
    • She had been serving as a Ranger for the Count, tracking down such criminals as Sharla.
    • She did her job with little enthusiasm or energy, and after rightfully being suspected of not doing her part, she was charged, tried, and convicted of treason.
    • As an Elf, she wasn't given the same opportunity to choose her fate as Sharla had been.
    • Allie was sentenced to live out her days servicing the common soldiers of the County, as well as visiting merchants and other transients.
    • Allie wasn't about to let that happen, though.
    • She knew of the Count's captive consort and (climbing the Keep's exterior) got a knife to the woman for the conduct of her side of the plot.
    • Then, once the Count was dead and the pair were clear of the County, they rendezvoused with the River Elf, Hannah...
  • Hannah:
    • She had very quietly served the Count for several years as a Healer and Apprentice Magic User.
    • She'd been captured by his troops during the sacking of her Elven village on the Big Muddy River.
    • The troops had had designs on her pussy (and other small orifices), but the Count had had an interest in her magical abilities and what they might do for him.
    • To protect her virtue, Hannah claimed that the source of her magical ability (slight as it was at that point) was her purity of mind, body, and soul.
    • She learned a few simple magic tricks at first, supplementing them with her ability to heal wounds that should have resulted in the death's of the victims. Later she learned Flash, Confusion, and a Magical Healing.
    • And all the while, she'd been planning her escape back to the river to look for other survivors of her Tribe.
  • The 3 of them together:
    • The three found themselves without home, food, wealth, and friends.
    • And the only thing they seemed capable of doing without eventually being identified, caught, and executed ... was steal!
    • They found an isolated section of woods on a cliff above the main road between the Royal Capital and the County Seat, from which they could satisfy all three's needs:
      • Hannah's River Elf need to spend time at the river below their hide out.
      • Allie's Mountain Elf need to get high into the wilderness to experience nature.
      • And Sharla's simple need to rob and punish those on the road who she saw as her enemies.
    • Together, they'd managed to feed, house, and supply themselves through three seasons.
    • They befriended other mountain and rivers who had been misused and abused and been able to keep one step ahead of The Law...
    • Until two days ago, when they awoke to find their little shack surrounded by two dozen Royal (not County) Soldiers.
    • A man wearing the Royal crest informed them first that Queen Myona had died; second, that she had had visions that called for Heroes to partake of an important Quest; and third, that these women were three of the many heroes the Queen had selected, despite never having met or otherwise heard of the three before that day.
    • Sharla, the unofficial leader of the trio, didn't believe any of it. But when the Man with the Crest set a bag of coins on the stoop, gave her a location to go to (the Black Fish Inn in East Bank), then pulled out with all of his troops despite having the right to execute all three highwaymen on the spot, well, even Sharla had to wonder if there was something to this proposal.
    • So, here they are entering and finding seats in the identified Inn, awaiting ... what ever or who ever they are to be waiting for.
    • The two taller women are dressed a little more conservatively than they often did during this time late in the summer, early in the fall. Their chosen way of often dressing -- Sharla and Allie -- was a combination of allowing for free movement and stunning the hell out men who would normally like to do them harm but found themselves unable to tear their eyes away from the well displayed female features.
    • They don't feel that they need that shock and awe element today, though. Three women traveling together with a virtual arsenal is enough of an attention getter already.
    • Once inside and seated, they inconspicuously watch the others in the Tavern (all men) for any signs that one might be their contact ... or that any might simply assume that women in a Tavern are available for the fulfillment of whatever carnal needs the men might need sated.
 
Last edited:
Turn:
  • The three female Highwaymen are ready for a hassle.
  • It's not like this is the first time they've had to put up with grabby men who think the only important part of a woman is the hole between her legs.
  • That is, of course, where Sharla presumes this conversation is going.
  • She glances between Allie and Hannah, then says quietly to the latter, "Flash and dash."
  • She taps her finger tip on the wooden table, counting down: one, two, three!
  • In an instant, all three women will act:
    • They know each other well, and their body language tells each other who is going to attack whom first.
    • Hannah will cast a distracting spell called "Daze" on the two men she knows will be Sharla and Allie's last victims.
    • Sharla will with all her might punch the nearest man in the face.
    • And (without meaning to do serious damage but wishing to show her seriousness) Allie will pull the short sword on her hip and slice it across the nearest man's leg.
  • After casting her spell, Hannah immediately slid down under the table and hurried on her hands and knees toward the fire pit.
 
Last edited:
Descriptive Recap:
  • If the prospective Quest Heroes had had time for it, they would have been impressed with themselves.
  • Sharla had likely broken the nose of the man she'd taken to be the quartet's leader. She's learned early in their highwayman adventures that taking the person in charge out of the equation (whether by threat, capture, or killing) was the quickest way to get the rest of their victims to simply give in to the Trio's demands.
  • Blood was gushing out through the fingers of the hand pressed to the first Bully's face. But she could see the building anger in his eyes, and she knew that she had to take him out before that anger was unleashed on her. She knew there were two other men to be concerned with, but if Hannah had been successful with her spell, those two shouldn't be an immediate threat.
  • Allie's victim was clutching both hands at his thigh, blood also gushing between fingers there. He was no longer a threat to them, so she would be turning her attention to the nearest of the hopefully Dazed men. The damage Allie had done to her first victim had been far more significant than she'd expected. Ironically, she didn't care. She'd been so close to becoming a play thing for an entire army of men, so screw'em all.
  • And Hannah's spell had knocked out half of the Bullies. Sure, she was crawling away to save her own skin. But that was the way the others wanted it. They knew how fragile she was, and they knew how valuable she was. At one time or another, Hannah had treated wounds that might have killed either of them. They made up for it, though, protecting Hannah, even when it might mean their lives.

Next Turn:
  • Hannah:
    • Crawling across the floor toward the fire pit.
  • Sharla:
    • She will attack the man again with just a solid punch.
  • Allie:
    • She will slice at the closest Dazed man.
 
Last edited:
After Melee Round 2
  • Sharla...
    • ...is surprised when the Bully she's been fighting manages to throw a punch her way, despite the damage she's done to his nose.
    • But that damage has him off balanced, or maybe his eyes are glazed over from the pain and shock, because his fist whizzes past her head without connecting.
    • She rears back and throws a second punch at him, again smashing him square in the middle of the face. His head jerks backwards ... and then he simply drops to crumple up on the floor at her feet.
    • She doesn't realize it, but she's rammed the bones of his nose back into his brain. He's finished ... and very soon to be dead!
  • Allie...
    • ...is doing her own bit of damage to the Bullies as well.
    • She's cut through the thigh of one man, likely permanent damage that will make him walk funny for the rest of his life...
    • ...and now she's severed the femoral artery of her second victim, an injury that has dropped him to the floor, writhing and crying out as blood spurts out in what will surely be a fatal injury.
  • Hannah...
    • ...reaches the fire pit, still on her hands and knees, panic rushing through her body, peaking her adrenaline.
    • She's never liked fighting, and she was always glad when the three Highwaywomen could get what they wanted from their victims without blood shed. It's not in her nature to hurt others: she's a Healer, after all.
    • She finally escapes from under the tables, stands, hurries to the fire pit, and grabs a handful of warm ash from the outside edge.
    • Spinning back to the fight, she brings her arm across her torso, preparing for what will someday be known as a Frisbee toss.
    • She's ready to fill the air with ash and cast a "Flash" spell if need be.
  • Sharla has, of course, found that there is only one Bully left, and he doesn't appear to be as eager for a fight as he was when he had 3 fellow potential rapists standing at his side.
  • She finally arms herself, pulling her broad sword, and glancing at the Bully's dagger, demands, "Drop that ... or die like your friends!"
  • Allie meanwhile has noticed the Soldiers, who are about to reach the bottom of the stairs. She quickly snatches up her bow from where it's leaning against the wall and in a flash notches an arrow and aims it toward the first Soldier. She's not going to shoot him unless she feels it is necessary.
  • (OOC: She's good with her bow, but whether she can arm it, aim it, and shoot it all in one melee round is up to you, GM.)
 
Last edited:
Sharla...
  • ...snatches up the discarded dagger and tells the only standing bully, "Drag your friends out of here, before I gut you, too!"
  • Then, she'll turn such that she can see the Soldiers head on and the Bully out of the corner of her eye.

Hannah...
  • ...though hurries toward the Bully Leader to check on him.
  • She's a Healer, after all.
  • She will find him dead, of course.
  • Sharla's attention is now shared by the Bully, the Soldiers, and good hearted Hannah, to whom she will say, "Let'em die. They deserve it."
  • Hannah will say, "No, help me."
  • But she won't get help from Sharla, who returns to watching the men.
  • Hannah will move to Allie's second victim to help him.
  • And if he is a lost cause, she will move to Allie's first victim.
  • I will leave it up to you how far she gets while the other activities are happening.

Allie...
  • ...meanwhile is looking between the Soldiers, who she is still concern are a danger; and Wallace, who is talking about things she is unsure of. The three of them hadn't entirely agreed about coming here in the first place:
    • Sharla had been suspicious. She doesn't trust easily, and despite the gesture of the Royal Officer (not arresting the trio and leaving a bag of coins) she thought this was a fool's errand.
    • Allie had thought it was worth looking into. She has no trust for men, but she has always wished that the Crown could once again rise in power and bring piece to the Realm. (Never mind the fact that her People live outside the Realm.)
    • It was Hannah who was excited a out what the Officer had told them. She had bekieved every word the man had said, so much so tbat she threatened to go alone if the others did not.
  • Allie will ask Wallace, "Explain yourself."
 
Last edited:
Sharla...
  • ...will step around so that Hannah, the whole Bully, and the injured brother are between her and the soldiers.
  • She wants to keep an eye on the Bully and soldiers both. She is still fearful of this being a ruse.

Hannah...
  • Will direct the Brother in bow to stem the bleeding...
  • ...while she fishes out the ingredients for a Healing Spell.
  • She will cast the spell. Will it help?

Allie...
  • ...will unnotch the arrow and pull her sword again, just in case.
  • She listens with great interest to Wallace, ever watchful of the soldiers.
  • Allie will ask Wallace, "What do you want from us?"

Sharla will quickly ask, "And what do we get for it?"
 
Last edited:
Turn:
  • Sharla...
    • ...is not intimidated by Captain Torran.
    • She knows she probably should be: he's a professional soldier with back up, not only here currently but likely in support either in East Bank or nearby. Even in this day of a crumbling Realm, Soldiers sometimes seem to be like ants: where you find one, there are always a dozen or a hundred more nearby but unseen.
    • She rephrases her question, "And what do we get for risking our lives for your cutie pie little princess?"
  • Allie, meanwhile...
    • ...is feeling a bit self conscious, and very much on guard.
    • She is very aware of the history and reputation of some of the Mountain Elf Clans.
    • For generations, tensions have existed between the Humans (who, for the most part, occupy and control most of the Lowlands) and the Mountain Elves (who, for the most part, occupy and control most of the Great Snowy Mountains).
    • Before the Realm began its collapse:
      • The Mountain Elves and Humans were on good terms.
      • They traded with one another: the Humans provided manufactured goods and wonderful linens; while the Elves provided exotic meats, rare herbs, and jewels found only in the most remote, most dangerous of places.
      • They respected one another's borders, even building small, shared outposts at the connecting passes to enforce together the Rule of Law amongst those who worked along the frontier between the two Races.
    • But as the collapse of the Realm began:
      • That respect for and cooperation between the Races also collapsed.
      • Allie didn't know who was more responsible or even if there was blame to be assigned.
      • She only knew that for years the most likely outcomes at the meeting of Humans and Mountain Elves was distrust, suspicion, and likely conflict.
    • Allie has heard the rumors of Princess Paula's capture, but until now she's never had confirmation of it.
    • Allie's Clan had always maintained rather good relations with their nearest Human neighbors, but it doesn't surprise her to learn that other Mountain Elves have done this deed Wallace and Torran are now describing.
    • But Allie follows Sharla's lead, and in response to the Warrior's repeat of her earlier question, Allie, too, asks, "What's in it for us?"
  • Hannah...
    • ...can see that her spell is working, not that she had had any doubt.
    • She tells the last able bodied Bully, who she doesn't realize is related to the injured man, "You must get your friend to a bed and keep him there. He will heal in time, so long as he is kept still, and cared for."
    • She pulls some more healing items from her various bags and pockets, applies them to the wounds or gives them to the Bully, then gives the brother instructions and finishes, "If I can, I will come to you tomorrow to see how he is doing. I will do more if I can."
    • She stands and moves to the fire pit, shoving her bloodied hands down into the warm ash near its edge. The two substances mix, forming a drying paste, which Hannah easily brushes off her hands and wrists until she is relatively clean.
    • She gestures toward the injured brother before announcing to both her friends and to this stranger Wallace, "What ever you decide, I must stay here with this poor man, to ensure he heals. Tomorrow. Perhaps another day."
    • She then looks between Sharla (who glares at her disapprovingly) and Allie (whose glance is more understanding) and says, "We did this. You did this. And I know it was to protect me, and I love you both for that. But I must fix this. I must help this man. Please."
  • Allie understands and accepts Hannah's need to heal this man that she herself nearly killed. And while she herself would have left the man to bleed out on the Tavern's dirty floor, she gives Sharla a look that says much, then looks to Wallace and says, "It looks like you'll have a day or two to explain all of this to us. As well as answer our questions about what's in it for us to rescue this Princess Paula of yours."
 
Back
Top