I need an Author

kmcmacken

Virgin
I'm looking to purchase rights to as many erotica short stories that I can get my hands on. I'm a large ebook publisher and I would like to compile a couple shorts together and create a branded multi-volume ebook. If you anyone has works they have not published, or you're looking for a buyer (or just some extra cash); the rate I pay is either $6.00/1000 words or total 10% royalty on sales.

Thank you,

How large are you? Bigger than a bread box? Does that help you publish? :rolleyes:

The point is that major publishers neither pitch without saying who they are (they are major, after all) or pitch directly to a Web site like this. They have quite enough submissions coming to them. So, thus far you are spam.

$6/1000 words is a bit of a joke really. Do you really think anyone would want to sell you short stories they have slaved over for under $20 each? Especially since you claim you make $150,000 a week in sales? Good business for you.... bad business for a writer.

Last edited:
$6/1000 words is a bit of a joke really. Do you really think anyone would want to sell you short stories they have slaved over for under $20 each? Especially since you claim you make $150,000 a week in sales? Good business for you.... bad business for a writer.

Uh, most give it away for free.

All our stories are up here. If you're serious, why don't you read some and make the ones you like an offer?

Good point

He asked for works that are not published. I don't think he is going to buy stories that are already published on this site and people can get for free.

I am monitoring this exchange. I have plenty of short stories stashed away sitting there and doing nothing. Never heard of an offer like this.

He asked for works that are not published. I don't think he is going to buy stories that are already published on this site and people can get for free.

He could see which stories he likes and commission one from authors who are Hot. But I suspect he won't bother! LOL.

lol @ $20 ea.

Most of my stories would be $100-$200.

get good.

WOW!!!! I get a dime of every dollar you make off of my work,PLUS I get $20.00?!?!? <Where is the damn deadpan emoticon?> :rolleyes:

WOW!!!! I get a dime of every dollar you make off of my work,PLUS I get $20.00?!?!? <Where is the damn deadpan emoticon?> :rolleyes:

How about this?

220px-Abbott_b.jpg

Hmmm $6 per thousand words.

Honestly if it was legit, $120 wouldn't be bad for a 20k story that's 60 sales minus royalties on Smashwords or amazon and who knows how long it could take a book to sell that many?

If you have work and never felt like formatting/making covers/ and all the other aggravation, its not such a bad amount.

lol @ $20 ea.

Most of my stories would be $100-$200.

get good.

I was speaking of short story of around 3000 words which would get you $18 with this bloke. But if you want to sell your novella for $100 be my guest I'm not stopping you. Most legitimate markets for short stories charge per word so a 3000 word story should get you a couple of hundred dollars. Not $20.

I'm not telling anyone not to do it as that is your business. I just think you should go into it with your eyes open and realise that the buyer is the one making money out of your talent here, not you.

Why I oughtta!!!

Why, I think he figures the authors of Literotica for simple coke-whores! I may be easy, sir, but I am not that easy! If you're gonna try to fuck me, you could at least sweeten the deal.

Why, I think he figures the authors of Literotica for simple coke-whores! I may be easy, sir, but I am not that easy! If you're gonna try to fuck me, you could at least sweeten the deal.

I thought that said "cake-whores". It's definitely time for lunch.

I thought that said "cake-whores". It's definitely time for lunch.

I thought the same thing actually and didn't think otherwise until I read the whole post over again. Why did my brain think "cake-whore" is a normal thing?

I thought the same thing actually and didn't think otherwise until I read the whole post over again. Why did my brain think "cake-whore" is a normal thing?

WTF! As soon as I saw your posts, I saw the same thing, and I wrote the damn thing! mmm, cake... but that's not what I said, I swear!

So he wants to pay me $6 per 1000 words...

One of my best selling shorts has already netted me over a $1,000 dollars and that's just from the UK. And I love the formatting - it's really easy - and making covers - I find that easy too - so you can keep your $6 per 1000 words + 10%.

Back