Victim of your own style/do readers ever realize...

I have two pen names on Literotica - oggbashan and jeanne_d_artois.

Jeanne writes from a female POV.

I don't feel restricted to one genre or style as oggbashan. I don't expect anyone to like everything I write as oggbashan.

The down side of that is that many of my stories don't get red Hs perhaps because the story is not what a reader expects.

The Red H is a false prophet.

Well, it’s almost always one of the following two reasons:
  • Mom inadvertently sees Son masturbating and the boy has got a third leg for a dick; Mom goes MAD WITH LUST
  • Mom’s underwear (story says “panties”) are missing, Mom catches Son sniffing them, or finds them with telltale stains; Mom goes MAD WITH POWER

And don’t forget, that when talking to each other, especially during coitus, both Mom and Son must constantly remind each other of their relationship by calling each other “Mom” and “Son” and other contrivances.

Pfft. I've actually started back working on my shit, I'm currently finishing One Loving Mother and she likes it when her son calls her Gwen. Let'm get mad.

Well, it’s almost always one of the following two reasons:
  • Mom inadvertently sees Son masturbating and the boy has got a third leg for a dick; Mom goes MAD WITH LUST
  • Mom’s underwear (story says “panties”) are missing, Mom catches Son sniffing them, or finds them with telltale stains; Mom goes MAD WITH POWER

And don’t forget, that when talking to each other, especially during coitus, both Mom and Son must constantly remind each other of their relationship by calling each other “Mom” and “Son” and other contrivances.

The being reminded of mom and son is a Pavlov's dog effect. The reader knows Mary is Bill's mom and if they have a sexual relationship and he calls her Mary its still his mother, but understand that if you have an incest kink then its

"Mary took Bill's cock into her mouth." Hmm...hot

"Bill watched his mother take his cock in her mouth" So fucking hot! Ohhhhh

Because that's the kink. Because I never write sequels I get away with the mom dialogue (BTW I never have a mother call her son 'son' its first name, but in narrative, she grabbed her son's cock is mixed in with his name) if I were to do down the line sequels exploring a relationship I would get into it.

I did one where I peered into the future where they were a couple and he called her by her first name and a couple of yutz's called it out. But I do understand it. If sibs are your kink then them always calling each other by their first names makes it just a sex scene.

"Like how I suck your cock, Jim?"

"How's your little sister look sucking your cock?" One bet as to which gets the better response.

It might be an interesting exercise to take one of my stories about a couple and edit it to be an Incest story.

I'm sure I could do it - but should I?

I've had these experiences as well. Readers get used to what you've published/submitted.

"In story X, character A did ______, why didn't character B in story Y do the same???????????"

They were different characters. That's why.

I've been tormented by several readers here when I've shifted genres. But that's a whole other can of maggots. :eek:

I've had these experiences as well. Readers get used to what you've published/submitted.

"In story X, character A did ______, why didn't character B in story Y do the same???????????"

I've been tormented by several readers here when I've shifted genres. But that's a whole other can of maggots. :eek:

I feel ya there. I've had readers throw HUGE tantrums when characters genuinely evolve and begin acting in a different way from how they might have earlier. I have also been castigated for allowing characters to act out of character, because people are random and fickle things on occasion, not necessarily type-cast.

Y'know, except for people who throw tantrums about the behaviour of invented characters, they're pretty consistent in their butthurt.

I've been shrieked at because clearly I don't know these characters and how they should behave as well as the readers do. They know best, of course.

Right. Show me with your wallet if you believe that, sparky. Because until then, you're just likely to show up in one of my stories as a wholly unlikable crapsack. Juuuuust warning ya... ;)

My mother used to date a fuckwit of a human raised by a fucked family. We were over at fuckwit's parent’s house when his father, a GP, gave me an instructional book for teens that he'd written and had published. His wife then handed me some 'Roald Dahl. I have a feeling you'll like this story. You strike me as the sort of person who would. My husband hated James and the giant peach (or whatever it was - she referenced one of his children's stories) and refuses to read any more of his work'.

The GP's book was filled with a lot of nonsense including advice not to masturbate. The Roald Dahl story was 'My Uncle Oswald'.

It stands out in my mind as the cleverest way anyone has ever completely undermined their foolish partner. She could have given me any number of the other dirty books she later leant me, but she instead chose Roald. Brilliant.

For some odd reason, this post of yours stood out when I logged in. Like It was destined for me to zero in on this. Haven't taken time to read the rest of this thread.

I'd like to read about your Oswald. I'm intrigued somehow.

I feel ya there. I've had readers throw HUGE tantrums when characters genuinely evolve and begin acting in a different way from how they might have earlier. I have also been castigated for allowing characters to act out of character, because people are random and fickle things on occasion, not necessarily type-cast.

Y'know, except for people who throw tantrums about the behaviour of invented characters, they're pretty consistent in their butthurt.

I've been shrieked at because clearly I don't know these characters and how they should behave as well as the readers do. They know best, of course.

Right. Show me with your wallet if you believe that, sparky. Because until then, you're just likely to show up in one of my stories as a wholly unlikable crapsack. Juuuuust warning ya... ;)
I'm having difficulty very similar to that. I have one main character I've been very protective of and very specific about. Everyone seems to either love or hate him. Or simply curious. Anyone who's commented, always have something to say about him. He continues to evolve and I've never intended for him to last so long. It's his persona that amazes me. And I created the troublesome, but lovable little shit. He seems to bring out every single emotion a human can have and go up against incredible odds, yet he's also reserved and become humble.

Yesterday, as I was revising an old story, I realized my biggest mistake. I'm trying to inject that character into everything I write. I shouldn't do that because there's only 1 of him. No matter how entertaining I find him, he's simply not whatever I'm trying to turn him into as he evolves. It's not possible for him to be in everything I write.

As a result, I'm revisiting everything I've written lately and making a few changes on him, the chain of events he's sparked, and simply cutting down on him or characters based on him. Not destroying him, but limiting my expectations of whatever I believe he can do.

For some odd reason, this post of yours stood out when I logged in. Like It was destined for me to zero in on this. Haven't taken time to read the rest of this thread.

I'd like to read about your Oswald. I'm intrigued somehow.

Just imagine a story about an incredibly powerful aphrodisiac, and a student who decides to use it to make money by stealing the sperm of the great artists of the world and selling it to rich women, and you've got My Uncle Oswald.

Just imagine a story about an incredibly powerful aphrodisiac, and a student who decides to use it to make money by stealing the sperm of the great artists of the world and selling it to rich women, and you've got My Uncle Oswald.

The aphrodisiac must be powerful on this one!

1 little swimmer of sperm must have got lost in the attic or dropped at the door.:D It swam until it found me and knocked until I answered. It's safe and sound and will not be bound.

Back