Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen that television show twice. It cracked me up, and I'll admit it, made me a little nervous. I can't decide if it made me nervous because there are crazy people among us or because it makes you wonder, what if they're right? :)
Some of those folks are so crazy that I don't want to be like them even if they are right.

And speaking of the crazy, my seventh-grader has Newtown deniers in her homeroom. :(

Some of those folks are so crazy that I don't want to be like them even if they are right.

And speaking of the crazy, my seventh-grader has Newtown deniers in her homeroom. :(

Some people are just idiots!

Thankfully, those who swim in the shallow end of the gene pool don't get too far in life, with the exception of most politicians.

Thank you Lord for letting that tree miss my house. Sure it ripped my electrical service, cable, siding and part of my external wall clean off the house, but nobody got hurt.

Thank you Lord for letting that tree miss my house. Sure it ripped my electrical service, cable, siding and part of my external wall clean off the house, but nobody got hurt.
Holy crap! Glad everyone's okay.

A tree fell on our house five years ago. I hate trees. And wind.

Thank you indeed! :eek: I've had to clean up the aftermath of a few tree/house collisions, they can be messy. You're lucky to have a tradesman in the family, that will certainly save you a few bucks.

One of my cousins has become a Doomsday Prepper. He's stockpiling food and ammunition. He doesn't own any guns, so I don't understand the ammunition stockpiling part.

Well, not being a prepper but finding the mindset interesting, it seems that 'doomsday' indicates a failure of our currency, so silver and gold get stockpiled as well. Ammunition will also, theoretically, be valuable as both a trade good and for defense against those who presumably did not stock food, etc, though you are right, the gun part is rather crucial for that to work.

Day 2 with no power. The little one is no longer buying my suggestion that this is an adventure. "Really, mommy?? This is not an adventure, it's a pain in the neck!!"

Hanging up on your boss with an accidental "ok love you, bye" is kind of awkward.

So pushing for a pay rise? ...mind you if it was a determined hang-up then it would be quite a mind-fuck with the 'love you" :)

Snow day for the kidlets? Seriously? That ain't snow! It's a light dusting!

hahaha No. It was totally non-thinking. Worse was when I realised and called him back only to have him answer in hysterics and then as he hung up from that conversation with a "love you too" and more laughter.

Ugh. Mortified.
You might as well milk it for all its worth. LOL

I once got into a yelling (ok cursing lol) match with one of the doctors. Long story short, I called him everything in the book. We mentioned it later, and someone wanted to know what I called him. His name sounded like Dr Batey. He joked that I called him Master. From then on, that was my nickname for him. I called him Master Batey every time I saw him. It made him giggle like a schoolboy, but somehow it became a bonding moment for us. He didn't like most of the techs or nurses, but we got along great after that. :D

You might as well milk it for all its worth. LOL

I once got into a yelling (ok cursing lol) match with one of the doctors. Long story short, I called him everything in the book. We mentioned it later, and someone wanted to know what I called him. His name sounded like Dr Batey. He joked that I called him Master. From then on, that was my nickname for him. I called him Master Batey every time I saw him. It made him giggle like a schoolboy, but somehow it became a bonding moment for us. He didn't like most of the techs or nurses, but we got along great after that. :D

Hey, how could he feel any different? Having a hot redhead joking about jacking off, you gotta like that. :D

I'm a fair weather believer in Punxutawney Phil's psychic abilities. He's predicted an early spring and I believe!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back