Michigan Roll Call

Summer is now over (not that we had one) but what are everyone's plans for the fall? and impending winter?

My fall plans are pretty mundane: continue playing golf until the snow flies (if it's 50 or above and not raining, we're playing...), drain the hoses and bring them inside, turn under what's left of the garden...winter plans? Try not to go Up North any more than absolutely necessary and hope the snowblower makes it through another winter (fingers crossed).

I do have two things I'm looking forward to: In October I and my golfing buddy always plan a golf/camping weekend (we're both ex-Scoutmasters--go figure!) where we camp and play 18 by day for three days and drink ourselves silly at night. And at Thanksgiving we're flying down to Phoenix to kidnap my granddaughter (just visiting, actually, but if she fit in my luggage...well, you never know...). She'll turn two this September, and she already has grandpa under her thumb, tiny as it is...

Hi, all! 19 year old bisexual college student checking in. I'm originally from Grand Rapids, but i go to school in East Lansing. My fall plans just include going to school and working, unfortunately. :/

Last edited:
Thanks! And yes, I'm a Spartan. It's my junior year.

We will now observe a moment of silence for our Sister Megan, who has been seduced into Evil Ways by the nefarious forces of the Green and White... (solemn music)

Welcome, Megan, anyway, even if you have been corrupted by that den if iniquity...

At 19? Started a bit early did you?

I did! I turn 20 in November, though.

We will now observe a moment of silence for our Sister Megan, who has been seduced into Evil Ways by the nefarious forces of the Green and White... (solemn music)

Welcome, Megan, anyway, even if you have been corrupted by that den if iniquity...

Hey, now! MSU was actually my back-up school, but I ended up having to come here for financial reasons. My original plan was NYU, but it was waaaaay too expensive. I don't hate MSU, but I'm not exactly overflowing with school spirit, either...

Hey, now! MSU was actually my back-up school, but I ended up having to come here for financial reasons. My original plan was NYU, but it was waaaaay too expensive. I don't hate MSU, but I'm not exactly overflowing with school spirit, either...

We'll forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again. LoL!

NYU? Studying what, may I ask?

I started early myself, also go november birthdays. Mine's on the 17th

And so now it's...what? General Studies? LoL! (Just rattlin' your chain...)
Or maybe because it's MSU, you're majoring in animal husbandry? :)

Nope! I was undecided for a year and it was a good decision for me, thank you very much!
My major is called comparative cultures & politics and I'm also minoring in Russian. :p

Nope! I was undecided for a year and it was a good decision for me, thank you very much!
My major is called comparative cultures & politics and I'm also minoring in Russian. :p

So you're comparing the different ways cultures pursue animal husbandry? In Russia? (Although in Russia it's just called "courtship"...)

Okay, I'll stop.

So what do you plan to do with this major/minor combination? Diplomatic service? Or haven't you decided yet?

Yeah, NYU definitely seems prohibitively expensive. Between U of M and MSU, you really need a good reason to go somewhere out of state.

"April is the cruelest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain..."

ummmm...:confused:

guess I better go read me some TS ...

though the connection to November seems a bit "premature", perhaps breeding humans in March... would give November birthdays. But lilacs in April?

You've been drinking, haven't you, BurningMonkey?

Last edited:
Back