Michigan Roll Call

I'm still a newbie. My old house had a beautiful flower garden. The new place only had two shrubs when I moved it. I have the beginnings of a small herb garden, some fruit bushes, and I'm on the hunt for some perennials for my front flower beds.

If you're near English garden they have some great perennials and this time of year they are generally on sale. Are you looking for just greens or those that flower as well
 
If you're near English garden they have some great perennials and this time of year they are generally on sale. Are you looking for just greens or those that flower as well

I like plants that bloom more then once per year. My lavender bush still hasn't grown. Don't know where I went wrong with that one.
 
squirt-n-reply

Not our fault they chose to move to Michigan (they probably heard we don't enforce pictorial ID's at our polling places, which got them to register here).
Just me having fun at the expense of my waning sanity.

the name - That's me not thinking (the name on my "account". Smokepole being an olde worlde term for a muzzle-loading firearm... that was the original intention, although having learned after many years on these boards, the obvious is usually frowned upon for the less conspicuous reasoning (and dirty minds LOL))
 
Loving this wonderful weather. Many of my flowers are coming back to life. My hanging petunia basket is in full re-bloom, my rose bush has beautiful blossoms...in November! A week before hunting season! In the UP!
I almost hated cleaning up and winterizing my garden this weekend, tho it sure was nice to do it in the sunshine and 70°, in my shorts and t-shirt, instead of in the rainy, sleet 30° weather, in my parka, as I've done many times before!!
 
What is the return policy on this snow? I would love to exchange it for a warm summer day but I'd settle for a spring thunderstorm. My knees haven't hurt this badly in ages!
 
How's everyone doing in Michigan lately? Seems to be pretty quiet on here. Let me know if any of you are in the 989/810 area.

Dave
 
Back
Top