Authors, how long have you been writing?

I've been writing fiction for publication since 1992.
 
I received my first royalty payment 56 years ago. Of course I started writing slightly before that. :)
 
Erotic fiction, four years; business writing for decades before that, and an arts degree, three years.
 
I'm not an author but I'm going to reply anyway :D

Been writing since the 80s, yes I am older than dirt!
 
After just finishing a novel that I swore fought back at every turn in every stage....

I'm close to saying too long.
 
Geez, congrats on such a long run! i'm trying to be like you. Is writing your primary job?

I retired early (51) and was writing novels five years before I retired because I wanted to transition. I transitioned into a professional book editing second career that permitted writing as well. Since two years ago, I have been able to write full time.
 
I wrote some short stories as a kid but stopped by the age of 18. I write all the time for my career, but nonfiction only, and not for publication. I wrote my first work of fiction as an adult when I published my first story on Literotica in December 2016. It's been lots of fun since.
 
Uh oh. You guys have been writing way waaaay longer than I've been breathing. I've been writing since I was about 10 years old, very badly. On Literotica for three and a half years and first published a few months ago.

And I'm not saying what the gap between 10 and now is but .. uh .. not that long. :eek:
 
First published story (in a school magazine) - 1951.

First published technical work - 1964.

First erotic story on internet - 1996.

First stories on Literotica - 2002.
 
Uh oh. You guys have been writing way waaaay longer than I've been breathing. I've been writing since I was about 10 years old, very badly. On Literotica for three and a half years and first published a few months ago.

And I'm not saying what the gap between 10 and now is but .. uh .. not that long. :eek:
You're our resident sweet young thing, Chloe ;).
 
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
You're our resident sweet young thing, Chloe .
but ambitious. Definitely ambitious.

That's the most dangerous combination, dear lady. Use it wisely. Beauty lasts forever, but ambition fades with the years. (Yes, what I said.)
 
Insider knowledge, mate. Chloe divulged her age in a moment of indiscretion, but I will never reveal it, being a gentleman and all that ;).

It isn't the "young" part that has you confused. It's the "sweet" part. Ambitious and sweet don't combine easily.
 
It isn't the "young" part that has you confused. It's the "sweet" part. Ambitious and sweet don't combine easily.
Nah, she's sweet. Another moment of indiscretion, ;).

Just keep your jugular out of the way, though I'd tend to agree, there.
 
Back
Top