The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if I didn't live so far into the rural area as I do, I'd have cable. Refuse to do satellite thing too.

Hi Nick! Haven't seen you in these parts lately.

Hi DW! Yeah I've been away for a while, had some personal matters to attend to, but I'm back now.

Oh, Karen Carpenter, we have missed you these past thirty years. Your voice was pure and flows through my heart like a gentle river of song. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Oh, Karen Carpenter, we have missed you these past thirty years. Your voice was pure and flows through my heart like a gentle river of song. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

I have no idea who this is but being an audiophile I will have to check it out.

giggles

Yeah... even I knew who she was talking about and I have the attention span of a gnat. Epic fail Big Poppa.

Not epic fail. If said individul was within the sphere of my music why would it be a surprise I've never heard of her. Sonething tells me most here would have never heard of my music, outside of my SOTD thread.

I have no idea who this is but being an audiophile I will have to check it out.

Hmmmmmm...do you want to use your free pass now, or another time?

'No idea who...' !?!?!? Get back in your play-pen, Junior! The grown ups are discussing music. :D

*laughs* Exactly!

giggles

Yeah... even I knew who she was talking about and I have the attention span of a gnat. Epic fail Big Poppa.

Well, we shouldn't be too harsh. It is a matter of exposure. I was only five when she died, but my parents had their albums and I remember loving them. Then, as I got older I learned to really appreciate her voice.

Not epic fail. If said individul was within the sphere of my music why would it be a surprise I've never heard of her. Sonething tells me most here would have never heard of my music, outside of my SOTD thread.

Teasing. And yes, some of it, I have.

Well, we shouldn't be too harsh. It is a matter of exposure. I was only five when she died, but my parents had their albums and I remember loving them. Then, as I got older I learned to really appreciate her voice.

Again.. teasing.
She passed 10 days before I was born, and I still know about her and some of their music.

Free pass?

Yes, do you want to cash in your free pass and avoid harassment by me for not knowing something I think you should know, or do you want to use it later? ;

It's ok. I really don't want to tease anyway. But...if you are someone who came of age in the 90s like I did, then check out If I Were A Carpenter. It is a tribute album so it has the best of both worlds. That album reminded me how much I loved The Carpenters and helped me discover Dishwala and Sonic Youth.

Last edited:
Owww...wrist is killing me. Did push ups earlier this week and it wast pleasant....I think I just made it worse hand writing 12 pages of writing very quickly. If I didn't get that scene out, I was going to go crazy...bit now....my wrist really, really hates me

Preeeeetty sure my bathroom floor is going to fall thru.
I can fix the bad pipe, the flooring, and the faucet...
But this...
I have no clue.
And it scares me, actually.

Yep, that was my first thought.

Latest thought: I need to find pictures of a minimalistic bedroom with a desk. Why is this so much harder than I thought?

Search for Dorm rooms. You don't get much more minimalistic than that.

I used to live in the same city as The Carpenters. My dad was a big fan of theirs, and sometimes he'd drive us past their house.

Yes, do you want to cash in your free pass and avoid harassment by me for not knowing something I think you should know, or do you want to use it later? ;

It's ok. I really don't want to tease anyway. But...if you are someone who came of age in the 90s like I did, then check out If I Were A Carpenter. It is a tribute album so it has the best of both worlds. That album reminded me how much I loved The Carpenters and helped me discover Dishwala and Sonic Youth.

Yeah we were in different worlds by then sweetheart. I was into Guns and Roses, and Metallica. Makes sense why I didn't know who she was. Not even sure my parents had any of their stuff. My mom was more into Joan Jett, and country and blue grass. My dad was more ACDC and The Eagles.

Oh and you can attempt to harass me any time darlin, just know that it goes both ways. :kiss:

Tacklehugs

You are young. snicker This isn't a bad thing. Now. I'm running out the door for like an hour. But I'll be back here. And you can expect a PM then hotness.

For srs.

licks, noms, dashes

I may or may not be around later. Depends on how busy work is. I'm heading out in like.... 15 minutes.

*squeezes before she gets away*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back