Writing Goal for the Day?

That's great to know!

I just read some of my story out loud and I've caught a lot of stuff and got to one part and now - well - I need a cold shower.

Lately I've read a lot of sex in the newer mainstream books, and I'm surprised by the detail. It's not like it was years ago, when you hit a juicy bit and were left panting. Now the bits are everywhere in most books, and most are very detailed. They aren't using "come" yet in the detail, at least not the ones I'm reading, and they are still flowery and romantic, but they have no trouble focusing on slickness, heated center, slamming, thrusting and various other descriptions.

Also a lot of mainstream do have a lot more sex in them too. Usually you get the one long section of where the girl and guy hook up the first time and that takes like 6 pages if not more before the deed is done, and then you'd only get a couple more scenes after that. Now though I'm not surprised at all if the main folks haven't had each other a dozen times before the story is finished.

I can't wait to read that part too!!! lol :)

That sounds about what my sex scenes are like, but they don't go 6 pages, lol. I get the scene set up, move them into it and the deed is done in a page or two. I don't want to dwell too long on the sex, as it will dampen the rest of the story for its other content. I know there's a fine line and I'm just not sure where it is. If that's the acceptable amount, then I should be okay. Thanks :rose:

I can't wait to read that part too!!! lol :)

That sounds about what my sex scenes are like, but they don't go 6 pages, lol. I get the scene set up, move them into it and the deed is done in a page or two. I don't want to dwell too long on the sex, as it will dampen the rest of the story for its other content. I know there's a fine line and I'm just not sure where it is. If that's the acceptable amount, then I should be okay. Thanks :rose:

I think you'll do great. I have no doubt you'll turn out a winning piece. Good luck. You're quite welcome.

Spit stain on my shoulder from when I dropped the kid off at daycare? Check, dang it.

Send me positive, don't-fuck-it-up vibes!

You can't ask for better luck than that! LOL. I hope all goes well.

Over the past week, I've had to re-read older chapters on lit looking for stupid information (how many brothers someone has, the name of a town, etc), and re-read an old article I wrote.

I wrote one of my characters as an only child, then, after the story was finished and I started editing it, I discovered that I'd referred to him as "a brother." Oops.

A beta reader has the potential to ruin a story, but only if you let them.

While three mistakes would not be enough for me to dislike a story.

Even published works have the occasional copy error, but, yeah, too many mistakes will make me but a story down.

You've really gotta know your story before taking any beta reader too seriously, but you also have to be ready to accept that they may tell you something you don't want to hear, and they may be right.

Indeed

Thanks for explaining a bit what the difference between the two are. Recently I have seen a lot of posts about "beta readers" and I had no clue what they were talking about.

If a beta editor is someone that grossly changes things because they think it works better one way or another, I've had one of those and didn't care for the experience.

Agreed, it's a very similar experience to getting a lap dance from a stripper (or erotic professional) that has a terrible case of body odor.

Getting some review done of the next Dirk Hessian--and some backlogged short stories reviewed and off to the editor. And lots of Christmas cards addressed.

Going to work a bit more on R&B7 when the littlest one is abed. (Success today: took her out of the house, to the library, in underwear -- no accidents. Whew.)

Back to writing, I think I've got a couple of things to add to this chapter and then hopefully my beta reader can help me jog a few more ideas loose.

And remember the little bread guys I made? Making a scarf based on them.

Attention: lovecraft68

My feet hurt from walking too many miles in heels. I want a foot massage. :p

Oh, you little foot tease!

Tell you what Tat, I've had this fetish since I was a young teenager. After 30 years of it, no one gives a better foot rub then I do.

I'm 8400 + words in added about 4000 today, so I feel really good about it. I'm about to twist the story in a new direction, which will - I think - surprise some folk. :)

you whimpering and moaning leads to yelping and squealing right?

Yup. Mr. Tat said I could choose a movie from Netflix tonight. Given the yelping and squealing I heard after I made my selection (Fever Catch, Colin Firth version), I think he had some regrets about his generosity. ;)

So what color are the toe nails?

Red, of course. It's the Christmas season, and the peep toe shoes are coming out for a Christmas party tomorrow.

Really, though, my feet are nothing to lust after. They bear the scars of spending years being crammed into toe shoes.

Female Pain Threshold >

Really, though, my feet are nothing to lust after. They bear the scars of spending years being crammed into toe shoes.

The things women can do to create presentation never cease to amaze me.

My goal for today is to split the story I was writing into two distinct stories and plots. Stupid imagination and creativity.

The things women can do to create presentation never cease to amaze me.

I read this short snippet of an article a month or so ago, and it's been on my mind quite a bit, especially now that the mornings are cold and it takes my toes about half an hour to stop cracking in the morning:

Ballet pointe shoes are not typically thought of as technological artifacts, but they certainly are. But, as Whitney Laemmli of the University of Pennsylvania argued at the Society for the History of Technology conference in Cleveland over the weekend, ballet's technology doesn't end there: The bodies of dancers reshaped by pointe shoes are also technological. Laemmli's paper, "A Case in Pointe: Making Streamlined Bodies and Interchangeable Ballerinas at the New York City Ballet," looks at the way George Balanchine used pointe shoes to remake the bodies of his dancers into interchangeable machines.

Laemmli argues that the new shoes forced dancers' bodies to move in new ways. Dancers on this pointe regimen developed characteristically long, lean leg muscles. Balanchine also encouraged dancers to let the shoes remake their bodies, including developing bunions that gave the foot just the right line. And as their bodies were remade, dancers became "like IBM machines," modern and indistinguishable. This had consequences for labor, too. For one, stars became a less central feature of dance companies as dancers became more interchangeable, and second, dancers came to spend hours working on their shoes -- altering, gluing, and caring for them.

Yup. Mr. Tat said I could choose a movie from Netflix tonight. Given the yelping and squealing I heard after I made my selection (Fever Catch, Colin Firth version), I think he had some regrets about his generosity. ;)

Red, of course. It's the Christmas season, and the peep toe shoes are coming out for a Christmas party tomorrow.

It's not always about the feet sweetie, its about who they're attached to.

Just 12000 shy for an LW story and I'm all done, now to edit - but silently. I have kids home, so no reading aloud today. :rolleyes:

To finish this story in my third name so I can get all the nagging ideas off my plate and get back to finishing the next chapter of SOTM and the final chapter of Lowborn.

Starting a story this morning. After my Vanilla Christmas entry it's back to incest. A mother son story that is a bit more stroke oriented than my others.

Not sure how much I'll get done though. Have to go to Boston with the wife for the annual "cousins" Christmas get together.

I love being the only non Italian non Catholic in a group of twenty people.

Starting a story this morning. After my Vanilla Christmas entry it's back to incest. A mother son story that is a bit more stroke oriented than my others.

Not sure how much I'll get done though. Have to go to Boston with the wife for the annual "cousins" Christmas get together.

Have fun. :)

When I was a senior in college, I was the only non-Jew in my Hebrew class. :)

It's not always about the feet sweetie, its about who they're attached to.

And if that isn't a quote for a Valentine's Day card, I don't know what is.

:)

Have to go to Boston with the wife for the annual "cousins" Christmas get together.

Dude. So not impressed. I have twenty cousins, and that's not counting spouses, second cousins, first cousins once removed, etc, who are always at family gatherings.

Now, if that twenty is all from one side of her family and doesn't include spouses . . . then I'm impressed.

Have fun. I'm betting the food is better than it is when you come from Irish/Polish and French-Canadian Catholics (translation: way too much cabbage, potatoes, and hard-to-identify meats).

I need to finish this chapter and submit it. I've had no large chunk of time to do so in the past week.

I used to be able to work in bits and pieces here and there when time allowed, but my current work project--by decree of the Big Bad PI--must take place wholly on dropbox. That means that when I update my work crap, it automatically updates on everyone else's computer. So if I copy and paste incorrectly, or write down a random snippet in the wrong document . . . .

*shudders*

Maybe tonight? Mr. Tat leaves and won't be back until Saturday a.m., and while I hate having him gone, I get a lot more done when he's not around.

Back