The January "Vocal"Challenge: Initial Thoughts

if you have a smart phone Hun you can record on your phone and then email it to yourself and upload to sound cloud :)

Don't ask! This is my first smart phone, I'm nearly 66 (though that's no excuse!) and well no way! :)

What Sin says would work, of course. I use the free application Audacity and a USB headset to record mp3 files which I upload to vocaroo.com.

I (and I assume several other Literoticans) will help you with recording. My question here is are you willing to record yourself reading a poem?

Your response sounds like "yes," but I'd appreciate a more definite answer.

If I can sort it out how too it's a yes for everything!

Sure. I'll read whatever you want. Well not like Twilight or 50 Shades of Gray, but yknow poems, good poems. :)

Annie you can record directly to Vocaroo (that's how I do it). You can just test record something onto Vocaroo by hitting record and then stop and then playback. If you don't hear anything check your sound to make sure it's on and not muted or set too low. Unless you have an older laptop you should have a microphone in it.

Do you have a link for that please? >>>>>>>> goes looking for microphone

Do you have a link for that please? >>>>>>>> goes looking for microphone
www.vocaroo.com

Try a test recording, like "la la la" or something. What I like about vocaroo is that it is just a link to a recording. No login, no trail back to you (although the site could probably identify you if the government really wanted to know).

Give it a shot, anyway.

www.vocaroo.com

Try a test recording, like "la la la" or something. What I like about vocaroo is that it is just a link to a recording. No login, no trail back to you (although the site could probably identify you if the government really wanted to know).

Give it a shot, anyway.

LOL, just checked to make sure hubby wasn't online, sounds exactly like something he'd say.

Alright, I checked out my headset's mic on Vocaroo and I am good to go. (Maybe I'll finally post up something in the audio categories now. hehehe)

:cool:

I've listened to a recording of my own voice from when I once made a call into an AM talk radio show.

Trust me ..... everyone is much better off not hearing it. :(

heh omgds you cant do worse then me sir :p really!

I've listened to a recording of my own voice from when I once made a call into an AM talk radio show.

Trust me ..... everyone is much better off not hearing it. :(

I heard myself on radio not long ago and was devastated, so if I'm prepared to make a fool of myself so should you!

www.vocaroo.com

Give it a shot, anyway.

I've just 'do,ray, me, far, so, la, tee, dooed' and seems I still sound as bad as ever but good to go! P.S why did it need access to camera too?

Reminds me of the fan in my laptop cooling pad, I turn mine off when I'm recording. If you're not using one, it may be the laptop's own fan.

Aha ........... my laptop sits on a fan after overheating!! Good call I'll turn it off, never thought of that!

I will not be subjecting anyone to the sound of my voice.
That is a perfectly fine choice, and one of the things I was trying to emphasize. If you don't want to read, don't, and don't feel bad or pressured about that decision.

I will note that you could still write a poem to be voiced by someone else, but that is entirely up to you. If that option does not appeal to you either, then just sit this challenge out.

And thank you for being someone willing to say you did not want to do this.

Aww, don't :caning: us, we'z just being wistful 'cause we likes the boy.

And cuzz I'm a wondering if he sounds like hiz catz.

Seriously though, I hope you feel like writing Mags, your stuff would be a treat to read. Either way hope you're feeling better.

Preferably not long ones please and please bear in mind I don't pronounce words the same as you! Your Oregano is my Oreegarno! :)

I'll take a shot at reading something. I may even manage to write something. :)

Aww, don't :caning: us, we'z just being wistful 'cause we likes the boy.

And cuzz I'm a wondering if he sounds like hiz catz.

Seriously though, I hope you feel like writing Mags, your stuff would be a treat to read. Either way hope you're feeling better.

That is a perfectly fine choice, and one of the things I was trying to emphasize. If you don't want to read, don't, and don't feel bad or pressured about that decision.

I will note that you could still write a poem to be voiced by someone else, but that is entirely up to you. If that option does not appeal to you either, then just sit this challenge out.

And thank you for being someone willing to say you did not want to do this.

What is our challenging subject?

I may talk like Pee Wee Herman with Walking Pneumonia, but I might finally be recuperated enough to tackle the writing aspect.

What is our challenging subject?

I may talk like Pee Wee Herman with Walking Pneumonia, but I might finally be recuperated enough to tackle the writing aspect.

Sweet! Glad to hear you're on the mend finally.

As to subject matter, I'm hoping it's free range as I've already begun writing for particular voices :eek:

Back