Useless Trivia

On Good Friday in 1930, the BBC reported, "There is no news." Instead, they played piano music.
 
Dr. Pepper came about when a pharmacist was experimenting with the flavors at this soda fountain.

Charles Alderton, a pharmacist at Morrison’s Old Corner Drug Store in Waco, Texas, enjoyed experimenting with the flavored syrups at the shop’s soda fountain. Instead of just accepting the standard fruit flavors available at the time, in 1885 Alderton mixed and matched flavorings until he had crafted a unique drink that customers loved.
 
Only female mosquitoes will bite you.

Can that be right? I thought they don't just bite, as such, they insert some nasty tube thing into you so they can suck up your blood, then they seal you up with some irritating saliva-y stuff so you don't continue bleeding (in order to preserve their food supply :rolleyes:). The males must feed in the same way? Perhaps it's just the females which carry the malaria-causing parasite?

I may be over-thinking this thread :D:eek:
 
Most American car horns honk in the key of F.

A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
 
The jaw pressure of a African lion bite is rated at about 600 pounds per square inch. By comparison, a human bite is about 120 pounds per square inch.

A Lions bite force is approximately 700 lbs.

Leo facts :)
 
In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.

It costs more to buy a new car today in the United States than it cost Christopher Columbus to equip and undertake three voyages to and from the New World.

Count the number of cricket chirps in a 15-second period, add 37 to the total, and your result will be very close to the actual outdoor Fahrenheit temperature.

60% of all people using the Internet, use it for pornography.

Every year 11,000 Americans injure themselves while trying out bizarre sexual positions.
 
Last edited:
Sonny and Cher used to babysit for Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis.
 
Elvis never performed a single encore, so when he left, he wasn't coming back. Hence the phrase 'Elvis has left the building.
 
One of the best cleaning products got modified and enhanced by it's creators many times until they felt it was perfect. They were still not completely satisfied after their 408th attempt, but finally felt they got it right on Formula 409.
 
The Soviet Union ran out of vodka in 24 hours after the defeat of Germany was announced, due to all the celebrating.
 
If you had a job that paid $1 a second, or $3,600 a hour, you would have had to have started working before 1000 BCE in order to be as rich as Bill Gates is today.
 
Female penguins engage in a form of prostitution. Researchers have repeatedly observed female penguins exchanging sexual favors with male penguins that aren’t their mates in exchange for pebbles they will use to build nests for their babies.
 
Honking of car horns for a couple that just got married is an old superstition to insure great sex.
 
Blood donors in Sweden receive a thank you text when their blood is used.

Isn't that sweet?
 
Beaver College changed its name to Arcadia in 2001, partly because anti-porn filters blocked access to their website.
 
Some species of penguins mate for a year, and then find a new mate, and so on.
 
All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job in case their pants split.
 
The movie "GoodFellas" was based on a book called "Wiseguys." The movie had to be named something different so that it wouldn't be confused with a TV show called "Wiseguy" that had been popular a few years earlier.
 
Guinness estimates that 93,000 liters of beer are lost in facial hair each year in the UK alone.
 
Female cicadas have been known to confuse the roar of power tools for mating calls, sometimes swarming people using lawn mowers.
 
Andrew Jackson had a pet parrot. The parrot was brought to Jackson's funeral, but removed halfway through for swearing.
 
Back
Top