A mortal in the Band (Closed)

She walked closer singing but her mind sought any reason other than resemblance for choosing him.
 
Well the fact that she was singing meant that she didn't really mind him playing their music outside of the studio so he kept on playing
 
The song he was playing... His otherworldly resemblance to one lost so long ago. She sang with an edge of emotion she had not held in a long time
 
He heard the difference in her voice to the one usually heard on their albums and during their two sessions so far. It was very strange, but in a way also comforting.

But as with all good things, this came to an end as well. When he was done, he replaced the guitar and ran his fingers over the finish one more time. It truly was a magnificent piece. When he turned towards Eden, Mr Jones stood next to him.

"Damn!"

He actually took a step backwards

"I will never get used to that will I? Thank you Mr Jones, but I think we should be going now. It is getting close to bed time now."
 
Grab the guitar I already bought it.

She smiled and walked over to him kissing his cheek.
 
"Wait you did what?"

The kiss on his cheek caught him entirely by surprise, it was not something he had expected from her. Next thing he knew a guitar case was in his hand and he was standing outside with Eden.

First he wanted to be confused, but then he had to stifle a yawn, "Well I guess if we are going to cover, we will need some sleep, yes?"
 
Yeah... Sleep would be nice.

She smiled to him.

I just saw how well you seemed to meld with that guitar and couldn't resist getting it for you.
 
He looked at the case in his hand as they started to walk and chuckled, "Think I shall call this one Eden then, not because you bought it, but because it reminds me of you."

He looked back at the shop and then at Eden, "Trade secret." He chuckled
 
She just smiled as they walked along headed back home
 
They made the door just as the grey of morning starting to break. He opened the door for her and as she entered, he paused and looked back. The sun was not out yet, but already he felt weary. What a strange life this was going to be. He followed Eden inside.
 
She hurried in and out of the way till the doors were closed.

So I guess sleep is in order busy night coming up.
 
"Indeed it is. I must say that I feel better now than yesterday morning, but sleep is quite high on the agenda right now."

He headed for his room, paused and looked at Eden.

"Thank you once more." He said, hefting the guitar case with his new guitar in it. Then he headed for his room. After a nice long shower, he headed for bed.
 
She smiled walking along till a voice interrupted her thoughts.

If you truly believed that it was him you would have turned him long ago... What stops you?

Its not time... He has to see to remember something anything. Looking like him I know isn't enough to be him but I pray there is more... If he has managed to find a rebirth then we may stand a chance.
 
It was not as restful a sleep as he had usually known.

Seemed that a door had been opened and when he slept he played music, but is wasn't his own fingers even if it was his own fingers. Eden was there as well, at times with her piano, at times walking around on stage and driving the crowd wild.

There were flashes of her in more intimate moments, moments only a lover should know of.

He woke with a start, the dream rapidly fading as he looked around the semi-darkness. He wiped the perspiration from his brow and turned on to his side, closing his eyes.
 
He looked far too much like him. Eden could see it. Centuries hadn't taken that face from her mind. A rare few looking like him or having similar mannerisms but this... This was different... He was different... He seemed to be more than looks or mannerisms but in so many ways both... And the eyes. She drank absently from the offered wrist before sleep demanded its rightful place. Dismissing her dinner she quickly fell asleep with dreams of ancient memories.

Omen sat talking with those who guarded the day light for them before retiring to his room to sleep.
 
He woke up a few hours later, feeling slightly out of sorts after the dreams. Almost like he didn't remember who he was. Was he busy losing his mind?

He shook his head and got up, impossible. Your thinking got affected and he knew that he was sane. After a shower, he decided that he should get new clothes, these old threads wouldn't cut it.

He went into the building, searching for food and of course avoid the red door
 
Omen was wandering around checking on everything and nods as he passes him.

Eden was sitting up in one of the high windows of the warehouse staring at the sky deep in thought.
 
Meat and drink, but this time there was a stew. It had meat and vegetables, again he got such a generous helping that he felt like a kid in a candy store. He sat down with a beer and started eating, he noticed some of the people giving him puzzled glances, but ignored it, if there was a problem they would have to speak up.

After the meal his plate got taken before he could even ask where to wash it. This was a really curious attitude, but he retrieved his new guitar and went to the studio. He plugged it it, tested the chords and started to play softly. He had his eyes closed and he started to sing almost as soft as the chords themselves

"Lay beside me, tell me what they've done.
Speak the words out, let me hear and make my demons run.
The door is locked now, but it will open if you're true.
If you can understand the me, then I can understand the you.

Lay beside me, under wicked sky.
Black of day and dark of night.
The door cracks open..."

He stopped playing instantly, the meaning of the words suddenly disturbing him. As he opens his eyes, he see that his playing had attracted some attention.
 
Eden turned listening to the music flowing around. Rembering to climb down instead of leaping because of the latest mortal addition. She made her way to where he had set up only to be stopped on her way. An elderly woman smiled to her.

He is our lost one isn't he precious Eden... Your lost one returned to you.

Eden listened and smiled but shrugged.

Amelia... Say nothing to him of the past... He is mortal remember.

She whispered and continued on her way only to hear the music stop.
 
The kid who had pestered him about cinnamon spoke up, "How about another one?"

He blinked and looked at the faces around him, looking at him as if he should know something. He picked a slightly more up beat intro and realized that he had sub consciously picked another strange one, but he kept at it and then started to sing for his audience.

"Watching her, strolling in the night so white
Wondering why it's only after dark.
In her eyes a distant fire burns bright
Wondering why it's only after dark.

Fine voices in the room
feel the fever of your doom
Falling falling through the floor
Knocking on the devil's door

In my heart, a deep and lonely part
Watch and waits for after dark.
After dark, after dark, after dark."

Again the words tickles something in the back of his mind and as he plays the last chords and look up, he sees Omen standing towards the back, looking at him with a strange look on his face.

Again he wonder why everybody looks at him so strangely, but without a word they start to disperse. Only the kids hanging around to look at his new guitar.
 
The old woman walked over to him and simply smiled patting his arm.

Such a strong noble voice child...

She scurried away when Omen walked over.

You and Eden need to write together.
 
He looked at Omen and then at the other people who melted away, "Family huh? I get the feeling that is not eeeexactly the truth."

He gave a slight shrug, "But yeah, if Eden feels like working with me, I will love to work with her."

He gave Omen a slight grin, "As long as you do your god-like drumming, I think we will be OK."
 
Omen just chuckled.

Family don't have to be blood man and always.

Omen nodded watching Eden walk over and told her the same thing about writing with him before walking away. She smiled.

That could be fun.
 
"It might be very interesting indeed."

He flexed his fingers and played an intricate verse, "This really is an awesome guitar."

He wanted to say more, but wasn't sure how she'd take it, he also wanted to tell her about the dreams, but again...he wasn't even sure about them and she might just say that it is just dreams.

He switched off the amplifier and looked at her, "So you ready for the performance?"
 
I'm glad you like it.

She nodded.

Yeah I am how about you?

Pausing she looked into his eyes.

Is everything okay?
 
Back
Top