Anyone for a nightcap?

intothewoods

Truth seeker
Inspired by bholderman's good morning thread...anyone want to check in and say good night? Share your mood...share what you're doing...have a drink with me. :)

As for me...I'm feeling like I need a bit of a cuddle. You can kind of tell when one of these moods of mine is coming, because I tend to, ahem, act up a bit beforehand. I've been stressed out about finances, and I've sunk into that woe-is-me-no-one-will-take-care-of-me moods. I'll be okay. I'll take care of myself. Really, I think I'm just accepting that my ex (we're separated) isn't going to be there. His money is his now. I could throw a temper tantrum about the time I took off to care for our son, but what would it get me? Not all that much. I have to look to myself for validation right now. That is really harder than it sounds. Much easier to be an attention whore. ;)

Yawn...curl up under the blankets....

Hi itw!

It's been an incredibly stressful day. Just "life shit," not necessarily anything horrible. i also feel like i am coming down with something, which isn't good because Friday and this weekend are going to be super-busy.

i can't wait to get the boys to bed, so i can go snuggle up myself.

cuddle cuddle

i can use some cuddleing as well. i just had to pass up some playtime (which i dont get often) becuase my roomate is home.

myinnerslut said:
cuddle cuddle

i can use some cuddleing as well. i just had to pass up some playtime (which i dont get often) becuase my roomate is home.

girl...that just sucks...!!!!!!!!! Couldn't you have begged her to go to the store or something????

HottieMama said:
girl...that just sucks...!!!!!!!!! Couldn't you have begged her to go to the store or something????

she just got out of the shower, its 11 at night, shes not going anywhere for the rest of the night :(

I'm tired, I have a headache, the apartment is hot, it's that time of the month, I have no mixers for my liquor, and I'm less than happy at the moment. I don't want cuddles; it's too hot in here for that. A back massage and a head rub would be nice, though.

My book is my night cap. I don't drink before bed. Not if I'm going to try to sleep. I'll mix you up one though.

Hiya ladies! Thank you for stopping by. I completely crashed last night. So much for my nightcap.

Oh, and Fury, I don't typically drink before bed either, so I suppose this was a funny title. I just meant it more in the stop-by-for-a-chat kind of way.

So, I had therapy today. And now I feel all empowered riot grrl or something, so I'm over the please please take care of me mood! Phew...

CutieMouse said:
Well... he's of the "Master" school of thought, and I just can't do "Master"... it's all impersonal and bombastic... eww. I called him Darling early on, which made me think of John Darling, which made me think of Peter Pan, which made me think of Neverland/pixie dust, which made me smile.. and I jokingly said Master Darling in a conversation we were having one day, and he said he liked it, so that's what he is... his pet names for me are far more revolting in that sappy over the moon giddy sort of way... muffin, angel, little dove, wench, my girl, etc... :eek:

Wench...eek! Can you tolerate that? :p My PYLWhatever calls me "baby girl" and I have to admit I love it.

And interesting conversation with W! I'm a simple girl. I stick with presidential politics and, maybe, constitutional protection for flag burning or something. I feel so inadequate. :eek: ;)

BiBunny said:
I'm tired, I have a headache, the apartment is hot, it's that time of the month, I have no mixers for my liquor, and I'm less than happy at the moment. I don't want cuddles; it's too hot in here for that. A back massage and a head rub would be nice, though.

Aww, head rub for the Bunny ....

myinnerslut said:
cuddle cuddle

Argh. Frustrating!

HottieMama said:
Hi itw!

It's been an incredibly stressful day. Just "life shit," not necessarily anything horrible. i also feel like i am coming down with something, which isn't good because Friday and this weekend are going to be super-busy.

i can't wait to get the boys to bed, so i can go snuggle up myself.

I've been blessed with an excellent sleeper for a toddler. He goes to bed by 8 at the latest. Take care of yourself, Hottie. I forgot how little your littlest one is, until I read it in a post of yours the other day. Go easy on yourself, okay?

intothewoods said:
I've been blessed with an excellent sleeper for a toddler. He goes to bed by 8 at the latest. Take care of yourself, Hottie. I forgot how little your littlest one is, until I read it in a post of yours the other day. Go easy on yourself, okay?

Both of mine (1 and 3) sleep pretty well, but they don't go to bed until 10. The good thing is, they sleep a little bit longer than me in the morning, and i can usually have my coffee in peace and quiet. :cathappy:

i do go as easy on myself as i possibly can and i have truly been BLESSED with some amazingly supportive people in my life that "pick me up" when i start to fall.

HottieMama said:
Both of mine (1 and 3) sleep pretty well, but they don't go to bed until 10. The good thing is, they sleep a little bit longer than me in the morning, and i can usually have my coffee in peace and quiet. :cathappy:

i do go as easy on myself as i possibly can and i have truly been BLESSED with some amazingly supportive people in my life that "pick me up" when i start to fall.

Yeah, well, mine wakes me up at 6. Mommy, it's MORNING. Let's GET UP. ALL THE WAY UP, Mommy. UP! :rolleyes:

CutieMouse said:
It makes me laugh... usually because we're teasing each other to begin with. :) I am a brave wench or a saucy wench or whatever flavor of wench he decides I am, depending on the conversation. lol

I have an intense aversion all things ren-faire-esque. Wench falls into that category. I don't really know why. I'll probaby go at some point too, so my son can see the jousting or whatever the hell they do there. I should probably get over it.

intothewoods said:
I have an intense aversion all things ren-faire-esque. Wench falls into that category. I don't really know why. I'll probaby go at some point too, so my son can see the jousting or whatever the hell they do there. I should probably get over it.

I've always had this road block too. Try getting called "milady"

*scream*

What do they call males at those events?

I'm thinking: "Your Majesty" has a nice ring to it.

Netzach said:
I've always had this road block too. Try getting called "milady"

*scream*

Well, speaking of which, a certain someone here has "mlady" as part of her IM name. Whenever I see her on, in my head I hear, paaaaaaaaahhhhhrrrdon me, m'laaaaay, in an awful fake British accent.

intothewoods said:
Hiya ladies! Thank you for stopping by. I completely crashed last night. So much for my nightcap.

Oh, and Fury, I don't typically drink before bed either, so I suppose this was a funny title. I just meant it more in the stop-by-for-a-chat kind of way.

So, I had therapy today. And now I feel all empowered riot grrl or something, so I'm over the please please take care of me mood! Phew...

Ah! Got it!

Sounds like some great therapy there! Awesome!

My kids know if it's a fire they can't put out or a wound that won't stop bleeding they can wake me up. Otherwise, NOoooooooo!!!

JMohegan said:
What do they call males at those events?

I'm thinking: "Your Majesty" has a nice ring to it.

Do you, Sir Mohegan? I believe there is only one king at the Ren Faire, but I am happy to address you accordingly.

I actually can only base this assumption on a recent episode of The Girls Next Door, a reality show about Hugh Hefner and his girlfriends. In the episode, the girls and Hef all attended the Ren Faire, and Hef was the one and only King.

I haven't done a ren faire but in Mexico, I really enjoyed the hotties calling my "my lady." I just wanted to bend them over something and fuck the shit out of them!

*le sigh*

Good times.

Back