The BDSM Book Club Discussion Thread

What we are reading now:

Bound : The Mastered Series by Lorelei James is our December 2014 BDSM BOTM

What we will read next: Unwound by Lorelei James will be our January 2015 BDSM BOTM

Let me know what YOU would like to read in February 2015!

It is time to discuss Bound: The Mastered Series by Lorelei James is our December 2014 BDSM BOTM.

And, Happy New Year!

Bound:The Mastered Series by Lorelei James is also our 100th book!

Let's celebrate!

This book club was started in April 2005. Our very first book was March 2006, Panic Snap by Laura Reese. At first there was much interest and responding. Now there is not so much. Still to be here for 9 years and reach at 100 book plateau should be celebrated. Bring your mates and party on!

Last edited:
Bound : The Mastered Series by Lorelei James BDSM

Did you like the book overall or not?

I did. I liked both of the main characters and how they fit together.

Do you feel it portrays BDSM in a real way, a positive way and/or your way?

Not really. It was very fantasy BDSM.

For instance: The lead female submissive could "feel" her Dom in the room without seeing him. I wish Doms had a palatable aura but they are just the same as everyone else and you have to actually establish a relationship with them to get those kind of vibes if ever, it doesn't magically happen.

The lead female was taken to a kinky club at which some BDSM practices happened and all kinds of sex. I've never been to such a club because generally exchange of body fluids does not happen in kinky clubs.

They were both good looking. I'd rather they were both good looking to each other, not to everyone else and didn't feel they were good looking themselves.

He was rich.

and so on.

Did you like the sex scenes in the book?

Not that much but at times there was a positive twinge.

Did you like the rest of the book, the story in it?

I liked the strong yet self doubting female who cared enough about a friend and employee that she would go to a self defense class with her.

Would you be interested in reading another book by this author?

Yes because the author cliff hanger-ed us. The bitch!

What did you like best about this selection?

The female lead. The dogo fantasy before it was revealed what a damn liar he was.

What did you like the least?

When he left her tied up and alone, which in my book is not safe and not okay.

When there was sex in the kinky club.

That he could read her mind. Not okay and not remotely accurate.

How would you have changed the story?

He wouldn't be a liar, obscenely wealthy and a mind reader because all of that is bullshit.

There would have been some resolution to the story instead of a harsh cliff hanging.

Due to a general lack of attention and interest we have taken a four month break.

Does anyone want to nominate a book for May or June? Or should this thread go gently . . .

Due to a general lack of attention and interest we have taken a four month break.

Does anyone want to nominate a book for May or June? Or should this thread go gently . . .

I found the list for last year. Any idea if there is a 'collection' sort of post so I don't have to go through all the pages to find the previous years? I don't want to nominate something that's already been done. Just, please, anything but more LKH.

Yes. The second post on the first pages has all of the books we have done.

I found the list for last year. Any idea if there is a 'collection' sort of post so I don't have to go through all the pages to find the previous years? I don't want to nominate something that's already been done. Just, please, anything but more LKH.

I stumbled on a pretty awesome book. It's called twist me, and it's by Anna Zaires. It's got a sequel and will soon have a third out, so we could do these for awhile. It's a bit darker than what I normally like, so is probably inbetween what you like and what I like. Honestly, I think you'll like it, but I've been wrong before so who knows. LOL Either way, I nominate it for next month, and if I don't do a review IM me or something - I'm dingy and just forget.

Also, is Captive, Mine, by Natasha Knight. It's a bit more nonconsent than we normally review, but nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

January 2013

The Dom's Dungeon by Cherise Sinclair

February 2013

Obsession by Gloria Vanderbilt.

March 2013

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz.

April 2013

Eager to Please by Kim Corum.

May 2013

Nawashi*jujun by GrayDancer.

June 2013

Hawkeye One: Danger Zone by Sierra Cartwright.

July 2013

Tales of the Circle by Laura Lovecraft

August 2013

Affliction by Laurell K. Hamilton.

September 2013

Surrender to Fire by http://www.loraleigh.com.

October 2013

Blue the Color of Desire by Patrick Linney.

November 2013

Flirt by Laurell K. Hamilton.

December 2013

Firebird by Anaabel Joseph.

Last edited:
Last edited:
With your okay, Furry, I think I'm going to request that this thread be removed from the stickies. I really think that the reason that this thread is dying is because people just look right over the sticky's when it's a forum they're used to, and so they forget that the thread is there. I think this thread, to stay alive, needs to be in the area they're looking for new threads on.

Oh! And, silly me, I totally forgot, but Kresley Cole has a series she's writing that's straight up erotica AND kinky. Although the second book is kinkier than the first - I'm hoping number three will be kinkier. It's her game maker series. I enjoyed it because the erotica was yummy and they had decent plot lines and more involved than just getting it on.

It's funny how my taste in erotica has changed. I SO not interested in plain old wank stories anymore. lol

Last edited:
That's fine with me Beautiful Graceanne!

:rose:

With your okay, Furry, I think I'm going to request that this thread be removed from the stickies. I really think that the reason that this thread is dying is because people just look right over the sticky's when it's a forum they're used to, and so they forget that the thread is there. I think this thread, to stay alive, needs to be in the area they're looking for new threads on.

Twist me by Anna Zaires.

The Professional by Kresley Cole first in the Game Maker series and then The Master?

I'll also put up the following:

Submission by Chris Owen & Jodi Payne in my fetlife group, The Kinkster's Book Club, BDSM May 2015 BOTM.

Closer and Closer by Jenna Barton, this is a good book. I just read for my fet group's April 2015 BDSM BOTM.

Beauty's Kingdom by A.N. Roquelaure and this is the June 2015 BDSM BOTM in my fet group. I didn't like the first Beauty book and I haven't read any of the others but it hit the best sellers list so maybe it will attract more readers.

Twist me by Anna Zaires.

The Professional by Kresley Cole first in the Game Maker series and then The Master?

I'll also put up the following:

Submission by Chris Owen & Jodi Payne in my fetlife group, The Kinkster's Book Club, BDSM May 2015 BOTM.

Closer and Closer by Jenna Barton, this is a good book. I just read for my fet group's April 2015 BDSM BOTM.

Beauty's Kingdom by A.N. Roquelaure and this is the June 2015 BDSM BOTM in my fet group. I didn't like the first Beauty book and I haven't read any of the others but it hit the best sellers list so maybe it will attract more readers.

I've actually been considering reading closer and closer, anyway, so I'm good with it. I'm not so sure I'll read the submission book - it's not really the type of book I enjoy. I would probably be wiling to force myself to read Beauty's kingdom if it were to bring in some new people. I didn't particularly like the first one, if I remember right.

ETA: What about Captive, Mine?

Last edited:
Had trouble getting to the site all day yesterday. Not sure why. But yeah, Captive, Mine looks good to me.

I've actually been considering reading closer and closer, anyway, so I'm good with it. I'm not so sure I'll read the submission book - it's not really the type of book I enjoy. I would probably be wiling to force myself to read Beauty's kingdom if it were to bring in some new people. I didn't particularly like the first one, if I remember right.

ETA: What about Captive, Mine?

Hope this helps!

Woo Hoo!

So here are the next few books:

June 2015 The Professional by Kresley Cole

July 2015 Closer and Closer by Jenna Barton

August 2015 Beauty's Kingdom by A.N. Roquelaure

September 2015 Twist me by Anna Zaires

October 2015 The Master by Kresley Cole

November 2015 Submission by Chris Owen & Jodi Payne

Nominations are open for December 2015 on . . .

Hope this helps!

Woo Hoo!

I'm in for June and July for sure. I have my doubts about August. I didn't care for the first Beauty book and Anne Rice seems to have slipped a few cogs since then.

Great! I agree about August totally but as mentioned, I'm hoping more people show up in this thread because of it.

I'm in for June and July for sure. I have my doubts about August. I didn't care for the first Beauty book and Anne Rice seems to have slipped a few cogs since then.

Hope this helps!

Woo Hoo!

I'm in for June, July, possibly August (depends on the interest level - if a lot of people are going to, I probably won't), September and October.

I'm going to post this here too:

graceanne said:

January 2015

February 2015

March 2015

April 2015

May 2015

June 2015

The Professional (Game Maker Series #1) by Kresley Cole.

July 2015

Closer and Closer by Jenna Barton.

August 2015

Beauty's Kingdom (The Sleeping Beauty Quartet #4) by A.N. Roquelaure.

September 2015

Twist Me (Twist Me Series #1) by Anna Zaires.

October 2015

The Master (Game Maker Series #2) by Kresley Cole.

November 2015

Deviations: Submission by Chris Owen and Jodi Payne.

Great! I love series of books!

Thanks for your help Beautiful Graceanne! Many many hot and bothered readers join us!

Oh, and if we like twist me, it has a sequel we could do, too.

desertslave just posted about this in the reading for pleasure thread so I'm nominating Brie Learns the Art of Submission by Red Phoenix for a future read.

I'm 3/4 in on The Professional and enjoying it very much. It's a trifle <snicker> on the fantabulous side, but the writing is so enjoyable that I'm willing to go along for the ride. I want a side-story on Jess. I have a serious character-crush on her! :)

Back