My Zombie Shelter (open to everyone)

Although I had no idea what time it was, I knew it was morning. It must have still been early because Ethan hadn't come running into our room and jumped on the bed begging for pancakes and his favorite cartoon to be put on the TV. I kept my eyes closed, trying to prolong my slumber for as long as I could. Today was going to be filled with the aromaof frshly cut grass and sweat as I mulched the flower beds on the west side of the house.

God I hated yard work. It wasn't that I didn't appreciate how it looked when it was finished, I just didn't enjoy the work. I had always marlveled at those guys who took meticulous care of their lawns. It was like they were on a mission; deriving such a sense of pride and accomplishment from their perfectly even grass and edged sidewalks. For me it was mostly just about avaoiding a fine from the homeowner's association for having an unkept lawn...those fucking pricks.

Still it was nice to have a couple of days on the weekend where I didn't have to listen to whiny customers bitch about how much fixing the AC in their Beemer costs. The time was mine to use as I wished, well as Fiona wished. That was the best thing about completing chores around the house. She always had an incredible way of rewarding me for my long hours of toiling in the yard. I started wondering if I could get a little advanced rwarding here in the early hours of the day. Maybe I could convince her to give me a little taste of things to come as an incentive to finish early. I rolled over to snake my arms around her thin waist, but found nothing but empty space beside me. My eyes fluttered open, trying to see where she had gone so early, and for an instant I was horrified as I took in my surroundings. Little by little it all started coming back to me. This wasn't our poster bed. This wasn't our tidy master bedroom. Fiona wasn't here, and Ethan wouldn't come bursting in giggling like a fool, ready to play. This wasn't my life, or at least the life I had hoped for.

As my faculties slowly started returning I noticed that Olivia was also gone. Had she been a dream also. I looked down at my waist and I was wearing the sweats that I had found in the closet, so that part had been real.

"Olivia?" I called softly, looking around to see if she was near.
 
It had been quite some time since I had felt anything like this. Actually, come to think of it, I'm fairly certain I had never felt anything like this. And that of course presented a problem. I knew I wouldn't last long at all, inside her, the way her hips moved against me, the way her tightness gripped me.

I really tried to think about something else to delay the inevitable. Baseball didn't work. Football, neither. I dredged up some old memories of my time at Coronado Naval Base, figuring the memories of BUD/S class 168 would help me hold out just a little while longer. Even that didn't help; the most non-erotic thoughts of Hell Week were quickly replaced by her.

I grabbed her hip, the one attached to the leg that was propped on the side of the shower seat, and I pulled her tighter against me. I slowed my movements, but my expression of intensity did not waiver. I grabbed the back of her head and buried my mouth into her kiss.

And it happened. The spasms and throbs took off on their own accord as I held her mouth to mine. A hundred, no, maybe a thousand zombies couldn't have come between me, her, and what was the most perfect moment.

Ever.

I broke the kiss and stayed there for a minute. Our lips touched lightly and I pulled back. I smiled and winked and said something about getting dirty in the shower.
 
Everything he did; every touch, kiss, and thrust of his hips made me wild. I was panting for him, begging him for more. He was all I wanted, he was everything in that moment that I needed. I didn't care what went on outside the walls of the clinic, that shower stall...him...it was the only world I cared about.

I yelped softly when his hand grabbed my hip, the slowdown was welcomed torture. His eyes told me everything I needed to know about what he was feeling. If I hadn't been so caught up I would have taken my time with him but that wasn't possible. No. My body was frantic with need and he was doing a damn good job fulfilling it. We could take our time later perhaps.

Feeling him shudder and release into me was the last push I needed. Another couple of seconds and i clutched him and cried out against his chest when my body gave in to him.

I hadn't even caught my breath when I looked up at him to see a sexy grin spread across his handsome features and a crack about getting dirty.

I kissed him again, "Guess we better start cleaning up then, hm?"
 
It seemed like an eternity had passed, but it had only been a few hours. We ended up in bed, tangled up in the sheets in the middle of it. I didn't snuggle while I slept but I had enjoyed being pressed against him for while, before I rolled over to my own space and fell asleep. He didn't seem to mind the distance but I longed to touch him again so my foot snuck over and rubbed against his gently before the stillness settled over me and I drifted off.

It was nice not to be alone for once.

Like clockwork I was awake in the middle of the night. I always did a check around this time. Mike was sleeping so soundly I couldn't bring myself to wake him. I slid silently out of bed in only boy shorts, I pulled on the oversized t shirt I usually slept in and gently lifted the handgun off the night stand.

God he's handsome, I thought again before I tore my eyes off his sleeping form. What the hell was wrong with me? Men did not affect me this way normally. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. It didn't really matter, he'd be on his way tomorrow, I'd be forgotten soon enough. The thought of him forgetting me stung and I pushed it away.

I crept into the hallway and checked both the other bedrooms, clear. We'd have heard something come in but you could never be too sure. I stepped over to the large picture window in the living room, it was boarded up now but I could see through a crack. The road looked quiet outside, not many walkers wandering around. Mike and his friend had cut down so many of them, I wondered how many were left in town now. My thoughts were interrupted by my stomach rumbling loudly. I hadn't eaten dinner at all.

I grabbed some almonds and a bottle of water, not in the mood to actually make anything, and I was running short on things I could eat anyway. This would have to do for now.

Mike was still asleep when I got back to the bedroom. I left a water bottle on the nightstand on his side of the bed before creeping back around to mine and getting back in gingerly. I laid the gun back in it's usual spot. I hadn't been so active in one day in a very long time, it had taken it's toll.

I fell back to sleep quickly, but not before realizing I was gravitating to where he lay next to me. His warmth, his body...it was addicting. How did he do this to me, the thought rolled around in my head right before I fell asleep again.
 
After a good long cry, I stood up on my wobbly legs. Girl you survived the horror of the last year, you can survive on you own until you can find someone to help you. I went back into the room I woke up in and barricaded the door after making sure I could get out the window first. I lay back down on the table with my megar weapons close by. I drifted off into the first real sleep I've had since this nightmare began.
 
After a good long restful sleep. The first one since her nightmare began. Erin Listened quietly and heard no sounds. She unblocked the door, and made her way through the building not seeing any sign of anyone.

Wondering where they all disappeared to, she found a kitchen where she took several knives and made her way outside. Off to her left was a barn. Erin cautiously approached it and again not hearing anything alarming, she opened the door and walked in.

Amazinglly there was a horse there with a full set of riding gear. She quickly saddled the horse and lead him out of the barn. She mounted the animal and got it moving back towards the town. SHe knew it waas a risk, but at least there were places to scrounge for food, and hide. She took one last look at the serene plut of land behind her and got ready to gallop off into the unknown hoping to find someone who could help her rescue her friends.
 
Sunlight filtered in through a window and cruelly woke me. I would have enjoyed staying right where I was, my arm draped across Mallory's sleeping body.

As it were, though, the day started regardless of my wishes. I'm the type once I'm awake, I'm up, and there's no going back to sleep. I did reach around her and pulled her closer, spooning against her, pressing into her backside, my hand roaming over a hip and pulling her tightly against me.

"Morning," I whispered into her ear. I'm sure she could feel my smile behind the word.

This was a good way to start a day, I thought. And then, after, feed Max and try to find Randy.

Oh, and clean some weapons.

And get some ammo.
 
I was stirred awake again by his hands on me. It was comforting, but also made my body react instantly. I couldn't help but smile while he pulled me close against his naked body. I could stay right here all day...maybe two days. I yawned and stretched out before turning over, allowing him to envelop me in his arms against his chest. Yeah I could definitely get used to this. I sighed at the thought of him leaving, probably forever.

"Good morning, " my sleepy voice was muffled from being snuggled up to him.

I kissed his collarbone lightly, and ran my index finger lightly down his sternum. I was going to take full advantage of this situation.
 
For a couple long moments I just lay there, wallowing in a mixture of anger and sadness. The stark realization that I was alone, once again, washed over me. As my mind churned through the haze of waking from the first real sleep I had experienced in quite some time, it began to go into overdrive thinking that I may have to endure the rest of my existance in this hell alone.

I had done it before. In fact part of it had actually been comforting. By myself, I wasn't responsible for or beholding to anyone else. I could move around at my own pace, and only had myself to blame for being to clumsy or making too much noise. I didn't have to worry if whoever I was with, was on the same page as me. I always knew what the plan was, because, well, I had come up with it.

Still, it had been nice feeling part of something. Mike and I had become like brothers. We had "spilled the same blood on the same mud", as I had heard it put in a movie I couldn't remember the name of. We had fought, laughed, and grieved together, and I had felt closer to anyone other than Pandora for years. Now, he was somewhere with the doc, and I had know idea whether he was knee deep in cannibals or up to his armpits in the vet. Either way, I figured it was about time to get out of bed, see if I could get that truck going, and go looking for him and Max. I thought about looking for Olivia, but something told me, that if she wanted to find me, she was more than capable.
 
I wish all my mornings would start like this.

And then Max started barking.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Dammit," I said to her. Max's barking was intermittant, three barks, a pause, three barks, a pause, three maybe four barks, a pause. This was his morning-get-me-the-fuck-out-of-the-kennel-and-feed-me bark. I used to hear it every morning before work when I was with the Sheriff's Office.

"He's not going to stop until I let him out for a piss and breakfast," I told her. I got up and threw on some fresh BDU pants from my backpack, socks and my boots, too. I looked back at her lying in the bed as I put on my duty belt and thigh holster.

"Dammit," I said again and headed outside, checking the mag in my Glock as I left her bedroom.
 
Last edited:
I resisted the urge to grab his wrist and pull him back into bed with me. After he walked out of the bedroom I sprawled out and stretched. Mentally my mind was already in "what am I going to do today" mode. I am the type that makes a mental checklist of everything before getting out of bed, and then I set about doing it. Most of the time I get every task completed. Having a focus helped me stay sane, especially now.

Today's list was much like any other day, with one exception.

"Aw hell," I groaned. I completely forgot about the girl asleep in the OR.

I wiggled into some skinny jeans, grabbed my gun, and headed for the clinic.

I was less than pleased to find it empty. I sighed, she couldn't have gone very far. Max was still barking though, which was weird. I had expected him to stop as soon as he saw Mike coming to let him out. A dog like that wouldn't do that unless....something was wrong.

I almost skidded to a stop in front of the door to the adjacent barn. I couldn't yank the door open fast enough. I half expected Mike to be in pieces being devoured by an undead creature or 3. Who am I kidding, that man wouldn't go out in anything less than a hail of bullets, I would have heard that.

Our eyes met once, and then I surveyed the barn.

"I'm going to fucking kill her," I whirled around and headed back into the clinic.
I don't think Mike expected to see me carrying yet another gun when I got back, but this one was a little different. I loaded the tranq darts into it, two shots loaded with enough acepromazine to put a Labrador out for several hours. We'd only need one, and I was willing to bet he could hit her on the first try.

"Maybe kill was a strong word," I told him.

My mouth was tightened into a thin line, impressive for a girl with full lips. I was mad as hell. Rule number one, don't fuck with a redhead unless you can handle the consequences.

I tossed Abby's food into her bowl and made an extra for Max. I sat it outside his door. The last thing I was going to do was reach in when he was all riled up, he wasn't my dog.

I kept clenching my jaw in anger and frustration. Mike's words from the night before came back to me, about trust. I looked him over again, had I made a mistake? No...not with him.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to risk it, but I know you understand why I am going with or without you," I told him as I paced in front of the truck, "you'd never let anyone take Max from you. I can't let Romeo go without a fight either," my voice broke slightly on the last word.
 
Erin letthe horse walk along slowly. letting it save it's energy in case any of the undead came her way. She was trying to figure out what to do, where to go, how to find help for those she left behind. She hoped they were still alive, well if you call their situation living.
 
The truck turned out to be a bust. I guess too much time had passed for the small charge that the Coke had given the battery to hang on. I slammed the door and then uinstantly regretted it, turning my head quickly to see if the strange noise had attracted any walkers.

Not seeing any in the immediate area, I decided that I would go see if i could find Mike. The doc's place couldn't be more than three miles from here, so if things went in any way right i should be there by close to late afternoon. I had planned on searching a few of these houses to see if anything had been left behind. I was dangerously low on ammo for both the rifle and sidearm, so I hoped that I would be at least be able to replenish one of them partially.

The first two houses yielded nothing but a couple of cans of mushrooms. I stuffed both of them in my bag, and made my way to the third. At first i thought it was going to be a bust too, but then as I was nosing around in the remainder of the life the family that had owned this place left behind, something caught my attention. There was a hutch in the living room that had a rather impressive display of Dale Earnhadt Sr. commemorative plates, but something seemed off. The hutch was almost twice as deep as it appeared from the front. An idea struck me and I started feeling around the sides, slowly probing around the back looking for anything that felt out of place. Suddenly, my finger brushed a small metal button and with some gentle pressure, I heard a click and the side of the cabinet shifted about an eighth of an inch.

"God I love rednecks!" I exclaimed as I reached into the gap and slid the hidden compartment of the cabinet outward to reveal a hidden gun cabinet.

There were mostly shotguns in the rack, but after looking a little deeper, I found a full box of .45ACP. I sat down on the couch and reloaded both of my mags, then slid the remainder of the box into my pack. I let out a deep sigh of relief as I slid the Kimber back into its holster. I hoped the rest of my journey went this well.
 
Riding along Emiliy saw some houses in the distance. She knew she needed food, water, and weapons to survive. She knew it was dangerous but it was more dangerous to be in the open without supplies.

Nudging the horse toward the community, she kept her eyes and ears open for the moans of the walking corpses and sound of engines. As she reached the edge of the town, she heard the faint sound of a door closing, and she stopped. Unsure if she should go look for the other survivor or not, she hesitated.
 
I just walked out of the last house when I heard something out of place. It sounded like the low muffled whinny of a horse. I had little to no experience with horses, but I had watched enough westerns for the sound to register with me. If there was a horse in the area, that could only mean one thing, another person.

I crouched down beside the house and silently crept to the front corner of the garage, keeping the car in the driveway and where I thought the sound had come from. I had no way to know if this person could be friend or foe, and after some of the crackpots I had run across in the last couple of days, I wasn't about to take any chances. I silently slid the rifle from my shoulder and then lay flat on the cracked concrete of the driveway. Resting the AR10 on my forearms, I slid forward using my elbows, just far enough to let me take a peek around the rear tire of the car and see if I could locate the source of the sound. I only had one rifle round left, but I planned on making it count.
 
After not hearing anything for several minutes Emily began to doubt she heard anything. Her paranoia was acting up again. She nudged the horse into a slow walk, and began to carefully advance down the street watching for anything dangerous.
 
For a while, I didn't hear anything aside from the normal outdoor sounds like birds and such. I slowly extended the legs of my bipod and moved the rifle into position. I never liked shooting prone because it limited your ability to engage targets from multiple angles, but I was hoping to avoid a fight completely so I chose cover over tactical advantage. I flipped open the soft rubber covers of my scope and then lest the stock rest on the ground. I slowly slid my hand back along my side and carefully undid the retention mechanism on my holster and slid the Kimber free. Moving my head from side to side, I brought my hand back up my body slowly, before gently setting the pistol in front of me, well within easy reach. Things were quite aside from gentle thump of my pulse in my ears, when all of a sudden I heard the unmistakable click of horseshoes on pavement. I remember hearing that exact same sound at the end of the Fourth of July parade in my home town.

I brought the scope to my eye and began to scan the limited view of the street that I had from my vantage point.

"Fuck!" I whispered to myself.

Atop a horse, and heading toward my position was the crazed naked chick that Mike and I had encountered just shortly after we cleared the street outside of the gas station. She was dressed now, and looked lucid, but the last time I had seen her, she was unconscious and heading off with Mike and the doc. The doc was a vet, and now here she was, clothed, awake, armed and on a horse.

I slowly moved my thumb to the safety and centered the crosshair on her forehead. How did she get the clothes? How did she get the weapon? Where did she get the horse? Did she take out Mike, Max and the doc to get those things? I moved my finger to the trigger and started wrestling with myself over whether or not I should ventilate this bitch, or see if she could give me some answers.
 
Last edited:
The horses ears twitched and he softly neighed as he stopped moving. having grown up on a farm Emily knew how to read animals and there was something out there, something she couldn't see hear or smell, but that was upsetting the horse.

Leaning down she patted the animal on the side of the neck. She knew staying still was a bad decision, so she decided to keep going, trusting the horses ability to outrun any walking dead or hostile people.

The hairs stood up on the back of her neck and she knew someone was watching her. Fighting the urgee to gallop away she decided to take a chance that whoever it was would be friendly.

"Hello! I could use help. Food, water, weapons, anything. Please" she shouted quietly. The desperation in her voice was obvious to even her.
 
Talk about easy pickins! She strides into town, fairly quiet, and totally blows any OPSEC she had by yelling out to anybody that is around. My finger tightened on the trigger, and I placed the crosshairs directly on her forehead.

"Last time I heard you say that, you were naked and wandering the streets! Now...you have clothes, a horse, and at least one knife. The only difference between then and now is that you left with one of my friends. Give me a good reason not to put you out of my misery right now!"
 
Emily spun toward the vaguley familiar voice. "The last time you saw me I had taken a gun and ammo off a corpse. I don't have the gun anymore. I was locked in a room given God knows what kinds of drugs. I have no idea for how long I was kept prisoner. I finally broke out and found no signs of life over two or three days before I took this knife from the kitchen and this horse in the barn. If I had killed your friend, wouldn't I have stolen his weapons and gear too. I've been riding for two hours, and your the first person alive or dead I've seen. Now stop pointing that rifle at me asshole."
 
"Whaa fucking whaa, the apocalypse has been tough for everyone. I don't give a fuck about your story, I just want to know about my friend. You'll have to excuse me if I didn't run through a complete list of logical possibilities of why some chick who was unconscious a few days ago, is now riding into town on a horse that for all I know she pulled out of her ass and clothes that probably didn't grow on trees. To say nothing of the fact, that you stop in the middle of nowhere asking for any Tom, Dick, or Harry to provide you with shit that is, in case you hadn't noticed, in quite short supply."

I started trying to control my breathing. The sheer stupidity emanating from her was starting to make me lose self control.

"I got nothing for you, except another hole in your head. Ride on, there is nothing for you here."
 
She looks at him hard wondering if she should trust him or not. "Look I don't know what happened to your friend. I remember some woman pull up in a truck and offer medical help. Next thing I know is I wake up an empty Iv in my arm, with these clothes on my body, and locked in a room that looks like a docs office. After several hours I was able to break through the door.

"I searched the entire first floor of the house and found no food no water nothing to indicate anyone was using it as shelter. Then I got up went back to the kitchen I saw and took this knife. Then I found a door that wasn't barred and left. Seeign a barn in the distance I hoped to find some food or water. All I saw was this horse and I saddled it and rode away. If you were me what would you have done? stayed there and starved?"

She looks around to make sure the area is clear. "As I left I passed several other pieces of property. It would take you hours maybe days to find the right one. I can take you back to the farm I woke up on if you can give me a meal. Or I just ride on leaving you to try and find the right place on your own."
 
I took a few moments to roll the information that she had given me around in my head. I was running a little low on trust at the moment, but she had given, so I figured that getting was only fair. I looked toward my pistol and grabbed it up as carefully as I could. She was still about ten yards to my nine o'clock, and after another quick glance through my scope, I didn't make out a rifle.

"Ok here is the deal. It's a one time only offer, and is non-negotiable. Stay on your horse and wait about five minutes. You come on down the street to the next driveway, and I will leave a can of mushrooms next to the garage. Don't try to look for me, but I will be watching. You want to head back to where you got the horse, then head out and I will follow. If not, thanks for the info, take the food, and be on your way."

I came up to a crouch, grabbed my rifle, and slung it onto my shoulder. I slid the pistol into my holster and grabbed my bag. I fished around until I found one of the cans I had taken from the house.

"Five minutes!" I said tossing the can on the concrete. "One second sooner and I'll be taking the food, the horse and the knife! Savvy?"
 
Back
Top