Are you addicted to Skype?

lowphat

Slave to a Vicious Tease
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Posts
19,915
It seems like every PM I get starts with, "Do you Skype" and when I say no I never hear from them again.

Is this because people hate typing, or is it a face thing, or what?

Pop in, tell me what I'm missing, or why I should do it too. I'm curious what the appeal is, based on users.

So speak up and tell me all about it People :D
 
You can also hit me up on yahoo, my handle is in my profile
 
Skype is for voice chat/phone sex for me. I prefer text or an IM program like Kik or Yahoo to chat with.
 
I quite like skype for text and phone sex, use it for IM daily and phone sex when I can.:)
 
Okay ladies, why do you like it more? I've done all this on other chat programs, what makes Skype so special? :D
 
Can you believe he paused when I suggested he burn his computer before the police showed up. I would laugh so hard if that drunken fool actually did it.

I would laugh harder if the police did just happen to show up as he is trying to light it up...
 
LOL, I put his ass on iggy, and all his BS went bye bye :D

We sure, but that still leaves only about 8 threads on the front page after his 17 disappear.

Who does that? Start 17 identical threads, each as creepy as the one before, mostly exactly the same?
 
Someone who's elevator don't go to the top floor. Too many creeps in the world, and they all have computers.
 
As far as your original question, you are missing nothing without Skype. I have it, I give it to very few people, those that I do with rare exception, flake. It seems to be the platform of choice for flakes. Since I give it to almost no one I am quite sure that skype also enables spammers. I get request from bots and other time wasters.

Yahoo is getting like that, likely they are selling lists of users as well. I find though that yahoo users tend to be loyal to the service and tend to be a bit more consistent about being on.

I am not sure, but I think Skype is easy to switch handles on a dime, so flakes like and use that feature.
 
We are living in a mobile (not material) world and I am a mobile (not material) girl. I use my phone for communication 99.9% of the time. It's easier because it's always with me and I don't have to worry about my laptop overheating while I'm in the middle of getting hot and heavy myself. ;) (Plus it's much easier to use in bed. :D)

That being said, Yahoo's mobile app is ridiculously bad. So bad that I believe they're no longer supporting it, and I think they actually took it off the App Store, at least. I still use my Yahoo address, but I use an app called IM+. It's still bad, but way better than Yahoo proper. However, it means that I can't do voice/video/file exchange. Skype allows me to do all these things, should I so desire, from a mobile app that isn't complete shit. I've also found the voice and video quality to be far superior from what I remember of Yahoo's. YMMV. :)
 
I agree - skype is so much better than yahoo for voice and cam. I must admit I prefer voice as it is more intimate and you don't worry about camera angles etc. That being said, I do cam occasionally when its someone I know well.
 
Great arguments either way. I thought Skype was the do all end all of chat/convo apps, but I guess not.
 
I always have Skype and Yahoo running upon computer start up, Digsby as well. I prefer Yahoo. I will voice chit chat on either, but for phone sex I use a real phone, and do not cam, nor do I want to see anyone else on cam. I just like Yahoo better, it also has a smaller chat window on the screen than Skype, so takes up less room. I have my ID's all over the place for ones to find me, I'm friendly and will say hello to anyone, most go no further though and make it to actual phone.
 
I prefer Skype. I installed Yahoo IM after 5 years of forgetting it existed, but it was not for me.

I mostly just text on Skype with friends. When I game, people need voice communication and then it's a hands-free alternative to the typical Ventrilo/Mumble/TS. And when I get horny... well there's the cam option. But those of you who want on my Skype and think all I do is hang out naked all day and cam for Skype friends, you are wrong. Someone has to engage my mind before I would even think of doing that and even then, it would take a very long time for me to feel intimate with someone that way.

I do not have any spammers contact me, although some of my friends do. I try to lock things down pretty well, so maybe there's settings that help thwart the spammers.
 
I agree with those who've said yahoo on mobile sucks bad. I really don't use it and have told those I still care to talk to, that I have moved to KIK. It's much easier for text type messages and picture exchange. I really only Skype with one person and, also as mentioned, it's a nice hands free option and I can do anything I want while still carrying on a conversation. The added bonus of hearing his voice while I am doing whatever I need, is amazing. :D
 
Skype works very well for free voice conversations. I usually use kik for texting, then move to Skype if we want to speak.
 
I prefer Skype for messaging, because if things ever progress past text messages, you might as well be using the same thing and not have to switch. I have Yahoo, but it's awful. And, because I'm almost always near a computer, typing is so much faster in Skype than using the tiny keyboard on my phone.
 
I like using Skype. My only complaint about KIK is not knowing if someone is online or if you logout it resets all of your data.

Anyone try out the new Yahoo livetexts? It's their replacement for messenger, but haven't run across anyone using it yet.
 
I like using Skype. My only complaint about KIK is not knowing if someone is online or if you logout it resets all of your data.

Anyone try out the new Yahoo livetexts? It's their replacement for messenger, but haven't run across anyone using it yet.

Yeah I noticed that about Kik. .. With Skype I can easily transition between pc, cellphone, and tablet without missing a beat and it saves all conversations. With Kik, when I move from phone to tablet, I lose it all. I also can't use it on pc.
 
Back
Top