The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SO FREAKEN sick of my back hurting. I'm so fucking sick of being told 'yeah, you're backs gonna hurt. There's nothing really wrong with it, but we can't do anything for your pain, because all of the meds we give people with your kind of back problems are bad for your crohns, so ... suffer!' I'm so sick of being the lucky fucking carrier for all the fucking genetic shit my family throws for the last four generations. And I'm really, really, REALLY fucking sick of blood in my stool! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

*deep breaths*

And now we return to our regular scheduled programming.

Argh, nothing like a good old 'we can't find anything wrong' when you're in constant pain... :(

Here's my random news:
Orthopedic soles, everyone told me, are the kinds of things you don't really enjoy and end up in the bottom drawer... Well, I got mine today, after 34 years of walking on feet that needed them, and I'm fuckin' in :heart: with them. Orthopedians of the world, you are awesome. :kiss:

Argh, nothing like a good old 'we can't find anything wrong' when you're in constant pain... :(

Here's my random news:
Orthopedic soles, everyone told me, are the kinds of things you don't really enjoy and end up in the bottom drawer... Well, I got mine today, after 34 years of walking on feet that needed them, and I'm fuckin' in :heart: with them. Orthopedians of the world, you are awesome. :kiss:

Truth.
But.
They severely limit your "cute shoe" options.

Truth.
But.
They severely limit your "cute shoe" options.

As I'm cursed with hallux valgus, cute shoes were never an option to start with. :(

Good thing I'm genderqueer and shoes other than butchy boots do nothing for me. ;)

I am SO FREAKEN sick of my back hurting. I'm so fucking sick of being told 'yeah, you're backs gonna hurt. There's nothing really wrong with it, but we can't do anything for your pain, because all of the meds we give people with your kind of back problems are bad for your crohns, so ... suffer!' I'm so sick of being the lucky fucking carrier for all the fucking genetic shit my family throws for the last four generations. And I'm really, really, REALLY fucking sick of blood in my stool! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

*deep breaths*

And now we return to our regular scheduled programming.

*hugs* I know it's incredibly frustrating. Sorry Gracie :(

I do not remember posting that. :eek:

Stupid pain meds.:eek:

They know what's wrong, it's just that nothing can be done about it. I have scoliosis, I've got a thirty degree curve in my spine, and a twist which causes some of my nerves to be pinched along with my disks. There isn't anything that can be done about it, is the issue.

I JUST saw a news story about antibiotics given long term (like a month) for chronic back pain. Of course people are arguing the over use if antibiotics but it has been a Godsend for back pain sufferers. They couldn't believe how it worked.

I've done and do antibiotics. I'm on autoimmune suppressants, me and antibiotics are close friends. I've never found it to help in the slightest bit, but thank you for the suggestion.

*hugs* I know it's incredibly frustrating. Sorry Gracie :(

Thank you.

Last edited:
Scotch lovers, beware!

Have you ever ordered a name-brand glass of booze and thought that it didn't taste quite right? That may be happening more than we think, based on an investigation of bars in New Jersey.

Key quote: "One unnamed bar mixed rubbing alcohol with food dye and sold it as scotch."

I don't think this has ever happened to me, and suspecting that it might happen is one reason why I always order a name brand that I know. But still, it gives one pause.

Have you ever ordered a name-brand glass of booze and thought that it didn't taste quite right? That may be happening more than we think, based on an investigation of bars in New Jersey.

Key quote: "One unnamed bar mixed rubbing alcohol with food dye and sold it as scotch."

I don't think this has ever happened to me, and suspecting that it might happen is one reason why I always order a name brand that I know. But still, it gives one pause.

Wow! I can't believe a corporate chain did this.

On a side note, having been a bartender, it pisses me off when people accuse me of pouring something other than what's ordered. You can watch me break the seals on the bottles behind me, you jackass /rant

Wow! I can't believe a corporate chain did this.

On a side note, having been a bartender, it pisses me off when people accuse me of pouring something other than what's ordered. You can watch me break the seals on the bottles behind me, you jackass /rant

Actually, I'd be far more likely to accept that this happened in a corporate chain than in a stand-alone local place. Of course there's a lot of variation, but I find it easier to imagine people succumbing to pressure from above to squeeze the maximum profit from every drink poured than when they're involved in a smaller operation. Or do you think I'm all wet here, based on your experience?

Actually, I'd be far more likely to accept that this happened in a corporate chain than in a stand-alone local place. Of course there's a lot of variation, but I find it easier to imagine people succumbing to pressure from above to squeeze the maximum profit from every drink poured than when they're involved in a smaller operation. Or do you think I'm all wet here, based on your experience?

Actually no. I would think a corporate employee (especially one making minimum wage) would have no problem coming forward if this was happening. And if there were repercussions, hello whistle blower lawsuit.

Actually no. I would think a corporate employee (especially one making minimum wage) would have no problem coming forward if this was happening. And if there were repercussions, hello whistle blower lawsuit.

Got it. I was thinking that it might come from bar managers feeling like they had to deliver under pressure from above them in the hierarchy. But I can also see that your take on others not want to let it happen makes sense. Either way, looks like I'll be a little more careful next time I find myself ordering a drink at TGIF.

Got it. I was thinking that it might come from bar managers feeling like they had to deliver under pressure from above them in the hierarchy. But I can also see that your take on others not want to let it happen makes sense. Either way, looks like I'll be a little more careful next time I find myself ordering a drink at TGIF.

I suppose there could have been perks for store managers with good pour costs or such, but with current computer systems, the numbers would be fishy, not to mention the taste of the scotch. I used to have a regular who would buy the whole bar shots of Johnny Walker Blue, no substitutions, even for me, and yuck :p

I suppose there could have been perks for store managers with good pour costs or such, but with current computer systems, the numbers would be fishy, not to mention the taste of the scotch. I used to have a regular who would buy the whole bar shots of Johnny Walker Blue, no substitutions, even for me, and yuck :p

So you're not a scotch person, eh? I've never tried the blue. That's their single malt, right?

So you're not a scotch person, eh? I've never tried the blue. That's their single malt, right?

Nope, it all tastes like gasoline to me (although, I would be able to tell the difference between gas and rubbing alcohol)
I think it isn't single malt actually, but a blend, not sure. I do know the box is great reused as a jewelry box, lol (what a girly thing to say)

Last edited:
They know what's wrong, it's just that nothing can be done about it. I have scoliosis, I've got a thirty degree curve in my spine, and a twist which causes some of my nerves to be pinched along with my disks. There isn't anything that can be done about it, is the issue.

Oh hey, that sounds familiar... My scoliosis didn't give me that much trouble though. I certainly had some chronic back pain, but not because of pinched nerves. That must suck so much. :rose:

Here is my isolated blurt: I lost my fav. baseball cap today. Weird how much you can get attached to something like that. Ironically, it was a souvenir from a buddhist retreat. I am not looking forward to all the pseudo-advice telling me it's a good lesson in 'letting go'.

Wow. Ew.

I'm sorry, I've had good scotch. I didn't particularly like it, but it SMELLS different than rubbing alcohol. I can't say it tastes different, as I've never drank rubbing alcohol, but I know the difference between cheap liquor and expensive liquor - it goes down different. Either way, didn't anyone notice the smell? I mean, granted, I have a much better nose than anyone I know, but rubbing alcohol REEKS.

Sorry, but you lost my readership with "flirt with me and show me they're cleavage" in paragraph 3. Better luck next time.

Whenever the phrase "rape culture" is brought up in a discussion, that's always a sign that it's time for me to bounce.

*Sigh*

Seriously. If I ever have the money, it's on my MUST HAVE list. Although, if my middle girl (who's tiny) gets my boobs, I'll be paying for her reduction surgery before mine.

I had lost a bit of weight...then found it a week later in my bra.

The men in my life don't seem to think this is a problem. :rolleyes:

And really, it could be worse. At least I loose from the tummy first and gain, there are worse places to shift that way.

God, I hate when people mistake my politeness for interest.

I. Don't. Care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back