Dementia

phrodeau

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Posts
78,588
Dementia or Cognitive Impairment is a decline in and/or loss of memory, reasoning, judgment, behavior, language and other mental abilities.

Early signs and symptoms of dementia may go unrecognized, but the first sign is usually loss of short-term memory. Some of the other early dementia symptoms and signs include:

Personality changes
Mood swings
Poor judgment
Paranoia or suspiciousness

Some of the intermediate signs and symptoms of dementia include

Worsening of early dementia symptoms
Abnormal moods
Confabulation
Inability to learn new information

Some of the later signs and symptoms of dementia include

Worsening of the intermediate signs and symptoms of dementia
Inability to walk or move to place to place unassisted
Complete loss of short and long term memory

The Reisberg Global Deterioration Scale is a set of parameters to gauge the severity of dementia, from 1 to 7. For Level 3 - Mild Cognitive Decline, these are seen:

Manifestations in more than one of the following areas:
(a) patient may have gotten lost when traveling to an unfamiliar location.
(b) co-workers become aware of patient's relatively poor performance.
(c) word and name finding deficit becomes evident to intimates.
(d) patient may read a passage or a book and retain relatively little material.
(e) patient may demonstrate decreased facility remembering names upon introduction to new people.
(f) patient may have lost or misplaced an object of value.
(g) concentration deficit may be evident on clinical testing.
Objective evidence of memory deficit obtained only with an intensive live interview. Decreased performance in demanding employment and social settings. Denial begins to become manifest in patient. Mild to moderate anxiety accompanies symptoms.
 
What is your experience caring for patients with dementia? I would love to compare CVs.

Is it Dr. Phrodeau or Mr./Ms./Mrs.?
 
What is your experience caring for patients with dementia? I would love to compare CVs.

Is it Dr. Phrodeau or Mr./Ms./Mrs.?

Why would he need experience in caring for dementia patients.

Do air traffic controllers need a pilot license?
 
I'm studying at Trump University. They have a prime example of dementia on their staff.
 
If they want to fly a plane.

So, you think that airport traffic controllers are in it because they want to fly an airplane. Don't know much about aviation, do you?

Again, a really poor attempt to deflect the thread, Chris.
 
I'm studying at Trump University. They have a prime example of dementia on their staff.

It's quite possible that Chris studied at Trump University as well--he studied aviation there.
 
We have seen this, before. Ronald Reagan had degenerative cognitive dementia, (Alzheimer's ) They covered it up.
 
Denny

One in nine Americans over 65 have Dementia........... I think!

Pure virgin coconut oil helps. Medication for Dementia is a waste of money.
 
One in nine Americans over 65 have Dementia........... I think!

Pure virgin coconut oil helps. Medication for Dementia is a waste of money.
Medication for dementia helps about i in 7. It can harm about 1 in 7. Its a difficult complex issue with multiple causes. Coconut oil might make their skin smooth and soft. I wish people would go back to believing science and stop putting faith in pseudo science and indulging in the ongoing war on science. Two minutes of reading on google does to make you an expert on anything or really capable of commenting accurately on anything.
 
One in nine Americans over 65 have Dementia........... I think!

Pure virgin coconut oil helps. Medication for Dementia is a waste of money.

Really? And where did you get your medical degree from?

Medication for dementia helps about i in 7. It can harm about 1 in 7. Its a difficult complex issue with multiple causes. Coconut oil might make their skin smooth and soft. I wish people would go back to believing science and stop putting faith in pseudo science and indulging in the ongoing war on science. Two minutes of reading on google does to make you an expert on anything or really capable of commenting accurately on anything.

I'm a pharmacist (PharmD) and if you're going to question whether or not a drug works, you have to define what you mean by "helps." Drugs used to treat dementia attempt to slow the process. In terms of the damage already done, the drug doesn't have a mechanism to fix that.
 
So, you think that airport traffic controllers are in it because they want to fly an airplane. Don't know much about aviation, do you?

Again, a really poor attempt to deflect the thread, Chris.

In a strange coincidental twist, I did not study at an air traffic control school. However, I've decided to pull the "I have a friend who did that card." Now, before you start blowing your load, talking shit, the school was in fact actually comparable to a Trump University.

The cost was $50,000. It was a 6-month program. The degree was... well a certification... The school was a complete scam, in my opinion. They average 5 graduates per 6-months. Not only that, my ahem friend (actually my best friend) started at the age of 28 and as a quick Google search will show you, the FAA cutoff age is 30.

Why did I just sit there and let him go to this school? It's complicated. He was a high school and college dropout. He's a great guy and he works hard. He's just not good with schooling. I mean, truly, he's a good guy. He now has a pretty decent blue collar job, a beautiful wife who makes a pretty solid salary, and a relatively nice house. That is more than I can say. I have a doctorate, social anxiety, general anxiety, major depression, and best of all... Xanax... since I don't drink at all. Yeah, my life sucks.

He gave up the air traffic control thing soon after graduating. Being the videogame nerd that I am, I wanted to play in the air traffic control simulator which was just a really dark room with vertical screens set up. Obviously, it was too complicated for me to actually work but they let me crash some planes and blow some planes up in the sky.

So yes, it was a private school scamming hopeful young people, throwing them into $50,000 in debt just for a 6-month training course. As far as these graduates getting hired? I don't actually know. I should probably ask him about that since he's 32 now and it doesn't matter.

In the end, I have one day of experience of being an air traffic controller in which I played a very expensive simulator crashing and blowing up planes. The ball's in your court mofos! Mwahahahahaha!
 
Last edited:
Dementia is one of several pre-existing conditions that allowed insurance providers to deny or inflate healthcare policies in the time before the ACA. The latest attempt to repeal the ACA is expected to return that right to insurers.
 
No one really knows how many medications are involved, in maintaining his health. (The purpose of everyone in the Trump White House, is to lie for Trump.)

We do not know what he is being treated for. He does not seem to have any impulse control.

If he is being given a number of medications, there might be interactions that are not helpful.
 
Covfefe means either I'm nuttier than a fruitcake, or I'm fruitier than a nutcake. Can't remember which.
 
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...tement-on-trump-a-frightened-dog-barks-louder

Kim, in a lengthy statement released by North Korean state media KCNA, used the first person to respond to Trump's own fiery statements, which is rather unusual and exceptional, says Martyn Williams, a longtime North Korea media specialist who runs the site North Korea Tech.

"This is the translation of a direct message from Kim to President Trump. I don't think I've seen anything like this before from Kim Jong Un, and it could be a first for North Korean media," Williams says.

In the message, Kim starts off bemused, saying he expected boilerplate talking points from Trump at the U.N. "But," Kim says in the statement, "he made unprecedented rude nonsense one has never heard from any of his predecessors. A frightened dog barks louder."

Kim then goes on to lecture Trump, saying he should better read the room and practice prudence when making these types of international speeches, then reminds Trump that the pledge to "totally destroy" a nation state and its people would undermine the very point of the United Nations, which is to maintain global order and peace.

"The mentally deranged behavior of the U.S. president openly expressing on the U.N. arena the unethical will to 'totally destroy' a sovereign state, beyond the boundary of threats of regime change or overturn of social system, makes even those with normal thinking faculty think about discretion and composure."

Here's Kim Jong Un:
"After taking office Trump has rendered the world restless through threats and blackmail against all countries in the world. He is unfit to hold the prerogative of supreme command of a country, and he is surely a rogue and a gangster fond of playing with fire, rather than a politician. His remarks which described the U.S. option through straightforward expression of his will have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that it is the one I have to follow to the last."

The statement ends with an unspecified threat from Kim Jong Un to make Trump "pay dearly" and "face results beyond his expectation." But we should caution that North Korea's threats on the United States are common and part of its propaganda game.

"I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U. S. dotard with fire," he says.
 
Back
Top