The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, well, er, um . . . *ahem*

So, I've got a pretty good idea for an Earth Day story . . . .

*snerk* Nuf sed. ;)

I done got one writ already...I'm having it looked over for egregious mistakes before I submit it. I'm well on the way towards completing a story for the Summer story contest too. :D

*snerk* Nuf sed. ;)

I done got one writ already...I'm having it looked over for egregious mistakes before I submit it. I'm well on the way towards completing a story for the Summer story contest too. :D

*sigh* I've been so bogged with writing lately, to tell the truth. Two novels in the works, a gratis offering and a new book for eXcessica, and now it seems my Fantasy Island chain story idea may have been resurrected from the dead . . . .

*sigh* I've been so bogged with writing lately, to tell the truth. Two novels in the works, a gratis offering and a new book for eXcessica, and now it seems my Fantasy Island chain story idea may have been resurrected from the dead . . . .

Fantasy Island chain story huh? I don't remember signing on to that one. If it's a go I sure will. I'm on for the Song Story chain...that ain't due 'till May, tho.

Two novels...three if you count eXcessica...Yikes!...you have been busy. I wish I had that kind of discipline. *sigh*

Fantasy Island chain story huh? I don't remember signing on to that one. If it's a go I sure will. I'm on for the Song Story chain...that ain't due 'till May, tho.

Two novels...three if you count eXcessica...Yikes!...you have been busy. I wish I had that kind of discipline. *sigh*

I don't see it so much as discipline as an insistent muse with the appetite of a sumai wrestler. :p

As I said on another thread, I'm not a writer . . . just a translator for my character's actions. :rolleyes:

And, thanks for the nod to Fantasy Island. The thread's just a few below this one on the front page if you wanna check it out.

I don't see it so much as discipline as an insistent muse with the appetite of a sumai wrestler. :p

As I said on another thread, I'm not a writer . . . just a translator for my character's actions. :rolleyes:

And, thanks for the nod to Fantasy Island. The thread's just a few below this one on the front page if you wanna check it out.

I just did. I like the concept. I'm in. I always enjoyed that show. I have a story already finished that would adapt easily to that fantasy concept. :D

There, the Earth Day entry is complete. Now maybe I can get some things done that really need doing. :rolleyes:

You mean like cooking or making furniture? ;)

I just did. I like the concept. I'm in. I always enjoyed that show. I have a story already finished that would adapt easily to that fantasy concept. :D

You mean like cooking or making furniture? ;)

Like grading papers and starting report cards. :(

Damn it.

Now the cat has a name.

It's staying.

Aw...don't be such a party pooper. Kitties are fun. What's the kitties name? What does it look like? Can you tell it's age? All of our cats were strays...and two were born in our living room many years ago. :D

Aw...don't be such a party pooper. Kitties are fun. What's the kitties name? What does it look like? Can you tell it's age? All of our cats were strays...and two were born in our living room many years ago. :D

Lol.

It's a runt, grey and white coat, good teeth, healthy paws, untrimmed claws. I figure it's got Manx and typical tabby heritage, based on the face and ear structure and short hair. A real sweetheart, though, more prone to cuddling and less to jumping around. I figure it's no more than a couple years old, three at the most. It has a real scratchy mewl, like what you would expect from a cat a good ten years older. I can only guess she suffered some kind of infection at some point.

Her name's Chile. ;)

Lol.

It's a runt, grey and white coat, good teeth, healthy paws, untrimmed claws. I figure it's got Manx and typical tabby heritage, based on the face and ear structure and short hair. A real sweetheart, though, more prone to cuddling and less to jumping around. I figure it's no more than a couple years old, three at the most. It has a real scratchy mewl, like what you would expect from a cat a good ten years older. I can only guess she suffered some kind of infection at some point.

Her name's Chile. ;)

That's a cute name. She could have lost a fight, too. From Chile's physical description, she might have well been dumped. It doesnt sound like she's been on her own for long...and hasn't gone feral. A trip to the vet is in order now.

That's a cute name. She could have lost a fight, too. From Chile's physical description, she might have well been dumped. It doesnt sound like she's been on her own for long...and hasn't gone feral. A trip to the vet is in order now.

No signs of any fights. No clip marks on the ears, no obvious gashes around the mouth. They way I see it, she was the smallest of at least one litter in a household with more than enough felines already, and forced to forage. She's done more running than fighting, given her size, methinks.

We already washed out the fleas, but yeah, she's gonna be seeing a vet soon I'm sure.

What Tom said. :kiss:

And cats choose their owners quite carefully, by the way.

I mean, if you feed strays like we do, you'll get visited by the neighborhood crew. You'll be a station on their nightly rounds.

But if they stay put?

If they hang around your place night and day, greet you when you leave, rub against your legs, trust you -

They are yours.

Congratulations.

:rose:

What Tom said. :kiss:

And cats choose their owners quite carefully, by the way.

I mean, if you feed strays like we do, you'll get visited by the neighborhood crew. You'll be a station on their nightly rounds.

But if they stay put?

If they hang around your place night and day, greet you when you leave, rub against your legs, trust you -

They are yours.

Congratulations.

:rose:

Well, the way it happened was . . . .

Secret was on her rounds, visiting one of her patients at home. Chile followed her to her car as she was leaving the home and quite casually leapt in (so she tells me). She called me at work to report that a cat was in her car, curled up in her lap as she drove. So Chile had adopted her, first. A strange thing for Secret, since she claims she's never been a cat person. She has an allergy to them, after all.

Soon as she brought the cat home, Chile came to me looking for hugs and affection. That's nothing new to me; to be honest, I have never, ever, met an animal that did not like me. Same with kids. I think there's a saying about kids and animals out there.

So, anyway, taking to me wasn't the big concern. It was how she would react to Little One that would make the difference.

Well, Little One loves all animals, of course, but Chile is a bit intimidated. Still, no outward displays of aggression, and even when Little One took away one of Chile's new toys, the cat didn't flinch. So it seems that Chile won't have a problem with our baby girl.

Right now, it's curled up on my side of the bed with Secret. :rolleyes:

Secret was on her rounds, visiting one of her patients at home. Chile followed her to her car as she was leaving the home and quite casually leapt in (so she tells me). She called me at work to report that a cat was in her car, curled up in her lap as she drove. So Chile had adopted her, first. A strange thing for Secret, since she claims she's never been a cat person. She has an allergy to them, after all.

Soon as she brought the cat home, Chile came to me looking for hugs and affection. That's nothing new to me; to be honest, I have never, ever, met an animal that did not like me. Same with kids. I think there's a saying about kids and animals out there.

So, anyway, taking to me wasn't the big concern. It was how she would react to Little One that would make the difference.

Well, Little One loves all animals, of course, but Chile is a bit intimidated. Still, no outward displays of aggression, and even when Little One took away one of Chile's new toys, the cat didn't flinch. So it seems that Chile won't have a problem with our baby girl.

One of my fond memories is of our sweet white kitty, recently deceased, who allowed daughter as a toddler to tug on his fur.

I was always so afraid he'd scratch, but he'd just grit his teeth and dealt with it. He was very careful of the baby.

She loved him so much she began to creep and walk fairly early because she tried to follow him around.

(Of course, he wouldn't tolerate young son doing the same - by then he'd decided he would remain out of reach.) ;)

You are blessed. :rose:

Like sarahh said :kiss: cats know people who like them and who don't. Chile and Little One will get along fine. Congrats again.

On that cheery note, I must bid you all adieu ...I'm off to dreamland. Take care and see y'all on the morrow. :D

One of my fond memories is of our sweet white kitty, recently deceased, who allowed daughter as a toddler to tug on his fur.

I was always so afraid he'd scratch, but he'd just grit his teeth and dealt with it. He was very careful of the baby.

She loved him so much she began to creep and walk fairly early because she tried to follow him around.

(Of course, he wouldn't tolerate young son doing the same - by then he'd decided he would remain out of reach.) ;)

You are blessed. :rose:

:heart:

I might be getting a little too philosophical about this, but the way I see it, animals respond according to the way you feel. Secret attracted Chile because she was happy and content. Just one more bit of proof that she did the right thing by coming here. ;)

Like sarahh said :kiss: cats know people who like them and who don't. Chile and Little One will get along fine. Congrats again.

On that cheery note, I must bid you all adieu ...I'm off to dreamland. Take care and see y'all on the morrow. :D

'Night, Tom. See you tomorrow.

Whew! That was close! Only four more spaces to Page 2. :eek:

It seems a tad slow tonight...everyone must be giddy with anticipation of Litogether #3 and can't sit long enough to type. :D

Whew! That was close! Only four more spaces to Page 2. :eek:

It seems a tad slow tonight...everyone must be giddy with anticipation of Litogether #3 and can't sit long enough to type. :D

Hi, Tom. :kiss:

I think everyone usually here is off doing something to get ready for the Chicago trip.

Angel's around tonight though. Maybe she'll stop by.

Hi, Tom. :kiss:

I think everyone usually here is off doing something to get ready for the Chicago trip.

Angel's around tonight though. Maybe she'll stop by.

Hey there Di. :kiss:

I'm already packed and ready to go, which explains my presence.

How's things with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back