In/Out Board

SEVERUSMAX said:
She's not back yet? :confused:

She is on vacation for a week. It is the first time since we met that I have to go without her for so long, and it's not easy. She has such a special place in my heart :heart:

I saw this thread and read through it and then saw the mention Tx had asking about me - - How sweet of you Tx. . . thanks. . I know you mentioned missing the donuts, but it was nice to see my name was there and not Krispy Kremes. :) :kiss: I didn't know this thread was here. I should visit the main page and not just the small group of subscribed AH threads I have. :kiss:

My husband recently had a death in the family and the travel for said funeral is quite extensive. I won't be making the trek, as I'm about to enter my 3rd trimester and such travel is ill-advised, but I'll be staying with relatives while he is gone, therefore, I won't be on Lit, starting this evening and continuing through Monday. <-- I know that's a run-on sentence, but I'm too tired to fix it.

Anyway, I just figured I'd offer a heads up, in case anyone wonders where I am.

Thanks to all who expressed condolences over my recent six day bout of internet deprivation. ( :rolleyes: to my "deprivation" and sincere :heart: for the expressions of affection)

I am told that Jammies has left Lit due to some nastiness of which I do not have the details. If so then this is a deep loss to this community. Jammies is a loving, wise, just, genuine, smart, talented and extremely worthwhile person. Her fortitude and good spirits in the face of challenges that would bring many low are humbling. We are all much poorer for her absense.

AppleBiter said:
My husband recently had a death in the family and the travel for said funeral is quite extensive. I won't be making the trek, as I'm about to enter my 3rd trimester and such travel is ill-advised, but I'll be staying with relatives while he is gone, therefore, I won't be on Lit, starting this evening and continuing through Monday. <-- I know that's a run-on sentence, but I'm too tired to fix it.

Anyway, I just figured I'd offer a heads up, in case anyone wonders where I am.

*hugs* see you when you get back :kiss:

I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet, but Aurora_Black has flown back home to be with her grandmother who is in poor health. No timetable as to when she'll be back on here, but her bf has been supplying updates for us.

Roxanne Appleby said:
I am told that Jammies has left Lit due to some nastiness of which I do not have the details. If so then this is a deep loss to this community. Jammies is a loving, wise, just, genuine, smart, talented and extremely worthwhile person. Her fortitude and good spirits in the face of challenges that would bring many low are humbling. We are all much poorer for her absense.
Tell me it ain't so........ Jammies don't leave us........ :(

I feel a hunting trip coming on if I ever figure out who hurt her....... :mad:

Trombonus said:
I'm surprised it hasn't been posted yet, but Aurora_Black has flown back home to be with her grandmother who is in poor health. No timetable as to when she'll be back on here, but her bf has been supplying updates for us.

I came on to give the latest update myself and take a quick look around. Things are a lot better than before, thank goodness, but my family must come first. I'm off again. A will let you know if something else happens. Much love. :kiss:

Roxanne Appleby said:
It sounds to me like Keel Hauling is in order for someone. Jammies is great. Whoever it was who ran her off needs to be turned in to Homeland Security as the leader of a secret Al Quida cell and have a nice vacation in Guantanimo. :(

Aurora Black said:
I came on to give the latest update myself and take a quick look around. Things are a lot better than before, thank goodness, but my family must come first. I'm off again. A will let you know if something else happens. Much love. :kiss:
We all miss you, Aurora. :kiss::kiss:

Roxanne Appleby said:

That stinks. Why do people feel they have the right to drive others away.

:mad:

It is often the case that when someone departs it is more because of disappointment and dismay at a general pattern of uncivil behavior by persons who hold themselves up to be members of a supposedly "enlightened" group, rather than specific actions by a particular individual directed at the departee.

Jammies seemed to leave for no real reason, IMHO. :)
She'll be missed by me. She was special.
But to take afront at what transpired was rediculous. Again IMHO.

I'm IN!

kendo1 said:
Jammies seemed to leave for no real reason, IMHO. :)
She'll be missed by me. She was special.
But to take afront at what transpired was rediculous. Again IMHO.

I'm IN!
I understand, and I don't speak for Jammies, but note the words I used - not "affront," but "disappointment and dismay" at a pattern of incivility. There's not really anything to disagree with there; the incivility is pretty much incontrovertable, and each person's reaction to it is a matter of individual temperment.

Roxanne Appleby said:
I understand, and I don't speak for Jammies, but note the words I used - not "affront," but "disappointment and dismay" at a pattern of incivility. There's not really anything to disagree with there; the incivility is pretty much incontrovertable, and each person's reaction to it is a matter of individual temperment.

But does it really matter?
I'm maybe of the temperament that doesn't give a shit about what people think about me. I've been called a few things in my life, but it doesn't make them true.
Though sometimes I do care.
I probably would be upset/ take a break if anything happened here. :eek:

MAlachiteInk is out- don't know if that's been mentioned. ABG has been a bit MIA lately as well. Jammies is MIA, Aurora is taking care of family business, and I will be absent for days at a time, pop in for a few minutes, and then disappear again, thanks to my new schedule.

kendo1 said:
A 'flutterby' :D

So I will be. Luckily, I'm not going o worry too many people by vanishing- they all have my number, lol, and know they can get a hold of me by phone whenever they like.

I'm out.
For tonight anyway.

Night all.

Butterfly Ken

kendo1 said:
But does it really matter?
I'm maybe of the temperament that doesn't give a shit about what people think about me. I've been called a few things in my life, but it doesn't make them true.
Though sometimes I do care.
I probably would be upset/ take a break if anything happened here. :eek:
I must not be doing a good job of expressing myself. Again, I'm talking not about attacks against oneself, about which I have the same opinion as you. I'm talking about dismay at frequent bouts of incivility that have nothing to do with oneself, especially when displayed in a place that supposedly has "higher standards."

Imagine a bar where the regulars get in regular scream-fights with each other, during which they hurl the vilest, most hurtful insults. Even if I am never the target of these, that is not a place I would care to hang out. I'm not saying AH is anything like that, it's just an extreme scenario to demonstrate the point.

Last edited:
Back