SaintPeter's Hockey Prayer Thread

SaintPeter said:
And please don't let me break an expensive stick in half like I did last week.

Amen

Is THAT why you wanted me to PAY you????? ;)

SaintPeter said:
And please make Liontamer start his kick ass hockey playoff thread again.

Amen

And the lord looked down upon lo' and said.. "My child, thou shall behold the kick ass hockey playoff thread again this fair season for thy sport is noble and most worthy of my kingdom... and because god damnit, that Liontamr guy is a helluva hockey fan!"

Liontamr said:
And the lord looked down upon lo' and said.. "My child, thou shall behold the kick ass hockey playoff thread again this fair season for thy sport is noble and most worthy of my kingdom... and because god damnit, that Liontamr guy is a helluva hockey fan!"

...and then the good Lord looked down upon the Earth and saw the Liontamer wearing a Stars jersey. The locust came forth and there was weeping and knashing of teeth...

tswyk said:
Is THAT why you wanted me to PAY you????? ;)

I could accept no money from the loverly tswyk. Naked pics are ok. No money ever.

Or you could just smush my hand between the table and your tittie. That would also be considered payment in full.

SaintPeter said:
I could accept no money from the loverly tswyk. Naked pics are ok. No money ever.

Or you could just smush my hand between the table and your tittie. That would also be considered payment in full.

:devil:

The Av's/Vancouver Game

Today is a sad day for the NHL.

Todd Bertuzzi should be charged with assult. Let alone fined and suspended for the rest of the year. I am all for a good hockey fight, but that was criminal.

Re: The Av's/Vancouver Game

Billr26 said:
Today is a sad day for the NHL.

Todd Bertuzzi should be charged with assult. Let alone fined and suspended for the rest of the year. I am all for a good hockey fight, but that was criminal.

Rest of the year?! Fuck that!!

Bertuzzi should never be allowed to lace up skates in the NHL ever again!!

Two years ago the NHL went and gave an indefinete suspencion to man for swinging a stick at another players head in the heat of the moment... What Todd did was not only as bad, but was clearly pre-meditated.

Bertuzzi didn't even have the balls to face up to the man and at least sucker punch him in the face... Bertuzzi can rot in hell for all I care.. and any fans that even care to give reasons for his mugging can rot in hell with him.

So you felt the same way a few years back when leimiux (?) rearranged draper's face...... rrriiiiiggghht?

Not saying what bertuzzi did was right.... but be consistant!!

Re: Re: The Av's/Vancouver Game

Liontamr said:
Rest of the year?! Fuck that!!

Bertuzzi should never be allowed to lace up skates in the NHL ever again!!

Two years ago the NHL went and gave an indefinete suspencion to man for swinging a stick at another players head in the heat of the moment... What Todd did was not only as bad, but was clearly pre-meditated.

Bertuzzi didn't even have the balls to face up to the man and at least sucker punch him in the face... Bertuzzi can rot in hell for all I care.. and any fans that even care to give reasons for his mugging can rot in hell with him.

I completely agree with you.

There was a bounty on Steve Moore’s head and they got it. I hope the NHL takes Bertuzzi out of the game as well. They should also fine the Vancouver Cannucks over $1 million dollars.

Marathonman said:
So you felt the same way a few years back when leimiux (?) rearranged draper's face...... rrriiiiiggghht?

I think that Lemiux deserved at least a fine and suspension for the Draper hit. Lemiux's hit was not a criminal act though.

I also do not appreciate be called a hypocrite. You have no idea how I felt. I would suggest that you get your facts straight first.

Billr26 said:
I think that Lemiux deserved at least a fine and suspension for the Draper hit. Lemiux's hit was not a criminal act though.

I also do not appreciate be called a hypocrite. You have no idea how I felt. I would suggest that you get your facts straight first.

i can't even spell hypocrite.....

bertuzzi's wasn't either (criminal act). It's hockey. My point was a knee to the face, or a blind-sided sucker punch are both wrong. It is a typical response from a hometown fan (not you obviously) to forget about incidents concerning there players when the shoe is on the other foot.

Marathonman said:

Who are you??

Of course what Lemieux did years ago was wrong.. Hell, I'm willing to go as far to say that Moore was asking for it when he took liberties with Naslund a few weeks ago and hit him while he was prone and unprotected...

But what Todd did was clearly premeditated and done with intent to maim and injure. That is the biggest difference between what Hatcher did Roenick, what Lemieux did Draper, what Domi did to Sammuelson, and what Bertuzzi did to Moore tonight.

BillR, I don't know about a million bucks.. but the Canucks as a whole need to be fined at least $500,000.

Todd should be gone for the season if not next season after it.. And Crawford should be gone for five games for having that smug "we got him" look.

Marathonman said:

bertuzzi's wasn't either (criminal act). It's hockey. My point was a knee to the face, or a blind-sided sucker punch are both wrong. It is a typical response from a hometown fan (not you obviously) to forget about incidents concerning there players when the shoe is on the other foot.

The sucker punch was what happens in hockey. The follow up act of driving Moore face first into the ice, with Bertuzzi holding the neck of Moore's sweater is what made it a criminal act.

MM while I do have to agree that many people are "Homers", to call me out in that manner before just asking me how I felt about the Draper hit was what I had a problem with. If you had asked me about it before hand, and I acted like a Homer, and not a hockey fan, then you would have every right to call me out. This is a board where we can have an open debate.

Liontamr said:
Who are you??

But what Todd did was clearly premeditated and done with intent to maim and injure. That is the biggest difference between what Hatcher did Roenick, what Lemieux did Draper, what Domi did to Sammuelson, and what Bertuzzi did to Moore tonight.

I don't understand this part?

Look, i am sorry if i came across in the wrong way.... i had just jumped over from another board were i was involved in a heated debate with some "holier than though" AVS fans..... and I shouldn't have carried it over. so, sorry if i offended.

the last thing i would want to do would be piss off the only 2 other hockey fans on this board
:D

I think he deserves at least 10 games..... but i also don't think he intended to hurt him that bad....

Marathonman said:

That isn't hockey.. it WAS a criminal act.

You need to check yourself... Obviously you seem more concerned about pointing fingers at other incidents and crying "oh yeah, well what about this time?! That was bad too!!" rather than focus on the one incident that not only deserves attention but was far more brutal than any other incident.

The only thing I can think of that's as bad as Todd's sucker punch was the attack on Turgeon just after he scored a goal back when he was with the Islanders... (At least if memory serves, that's the player.. I think Hunter was the one who attacked him.)

Billr26 said:
The sucker punch was what happens in hockey. The follow up act of driving Moore face first into the ice, with Bertuzzi holding the neck of Moore's sweater is what made it a criminal act.

MM while I do have to agree that many people are "Homers", to call me out in that manner before just asking me how I felt about the Draper hit was what I had a problem with. If you had asked me about it before hand, and I acted like a Homer, and not a hockey fan, then you would have every right to call me out. This is a board where we can have an open debate.

See post above....

Maybe i am being a homer here myself.... but it looked kinda like he was out before he even hit the ice and bertuzzi just fell on top of him..... either way, it was wrong and very, very stupid!!

Marathonman said:
I don't understand this part?

Look, i am sorry if i came across in the wrong way.... i had just jumped over from another board were i was involved in a heated debate with some "holier than though" AVS fans..... and I shouldn't have carried it over. so, sorry if i offended.

the last thing i would want to do would be piss off the only 2 other hockey fans on this board
:D

I think he deserves at least 10 games..... but i also don't think he intended to hurt him that bad....

It's cool. Thanks for the apology.

I do think there a few others, but this is not exactly the site where I would expect a lot of Hockey talk.

Marathonman said:
See post above....

Maybe i am being a homer here myself.... but it looked kinda like he was out before he even hit the ice and bertuzzi just fell on top of him..... either way, it was wrong and very, very stupid!!

He was out. That is part of what made it so bad.

I have heard that Bertuzzi feels very bad.

My largest point, is what the effect this will have on hockey.

Obviously what i am trying to say isn't coming across in the right way. It must be bedtime....

I honestly wasn't trying to offend and I have admitted to coming across aggresively to start....... don't hold it against me... i ain't a bad guy once you get to know me.... and i really like the idea of discussing hockey on a erotic website for some reason...

have a good night....

MM

Marathonman said:

Understood.. but just keep that in mind, most of the hockey fans here on this board will call it as they see it... True, the whole 'homer' effect comes into play here once in a while.. but not to the degree where a hit or punch like that is 'defended' with some sort of strange reasoning.

Marathonman said:
Obviously what i am trying to say isn't coming across in the right way. It must be bedtime....

I honestly wasn't trying to offend and I have admitted to coming across aggresively to start....... don't hold it against me... i ain't a bad guy once you get to know me.... and i really like the idea of discussing hockey on a erotic website for some reason...

have a good night....

MM

Actually you made good points. And you made good for any offenses. I certainly won't hold it against you.

I like it because it is my favorite erotic website, so I don't have far to go to get a hockey fix. *lol*

Have a good night MM. I am sure that we will verbally spar more. I am looking forward to good chats about the NHL.

Billr26 said:
I have heard that Bertuzzi feels very bad.

Does he feel bad for the punch though? I'm willing to bet he feels more bad that he may have cost himself a chance to play the rest of this season and hurt his Canucks with a possible long suspension.

That is another reason why I can't stand Bertuzzi.. He constantly hurts his team with selfish penalties and play. He did it last year in the playoffs a couple of times over, he did it two years ago when he was suspended for 10 games.. and he again did it tonight.

Dear Lord,

Forgive me for having the fax/printer/copier thingy set on fax when the sweet lady called me and made her lovely ears hurt.

Let us kick some serious ass tonight seeing that it is the last game of the regular season. And blind the refs to the naughty deeds of Good Saint Peter as I have cheapness in my blood and winning on my brain.

Amen

Back