Need the editor!

How about leave the wordage of the story and including assurances that this isn't just another "teenage," trying to fool the site's underage rule story.
 
If it has to be a teenager for the story to work and if sex is involved, then yes, it might be outside the Web site's underage rule. Also, a wordage figure is very important for an editor to decide whether they have the time to take it on. You haven't given a wordage figure yet.
 
What an Editor Wants

Freaky Friday type body swapping story in which XX year old son swaps bodies with his mother and proceeds to have F/? sex with XXXXXX. No incest.

XX,000 words, themes mainly dealing with straight sexual role reversal.

Looking for structural edit as well, but grammar/spelling is my biggest concern since English is not my first language and this is my first submission.

Thanks in advance,

ChineseSwede
 
Freaky Friday type body swapping story in which XX year old son swaps bodies with his mother and proceeds to have F/? sex with XXXXXX. No incest.

XX,000 words, themes mainly dealing with straight sexual role reversal.

Looking for structural edit as well, but grammar/spelling is my biggest concern since English is not my first language and this is my first submission.

Thanks in advance,

ChineseSwede

Okay, I'm confused. I was confused before. Now I'm really confused.
 
Okay, I'm confused. I was confused before. Now I'm really confused.

My impression is that LesbianChickLit was trying to provide an example of a request that would give an editor what editors like to know when considering taking on a project.

Sometimes it's like pulling teeth (and like the requester didn't read the forum to see what information would be wanted) to pull what the request is out of the requester.

In this case, though, LCL seems to have missed the hint that this will be an unknown series of chapters, which is good to know, because it will involve a ball and chain project for the editor.
 
Last edited:
No Underage Loopholes

Don't thank me yet, mate. No character in your story can engage in sexual interaction if they're under 18 or might be perceived as under 18 in any way. So a son who is mentally 15 still won't work, no matter his intelligence or maturity. Ironically enough, the mother is also unavailable as soon as she assumes a 15 year old body.

Maintaining strictly 18 or older may be a moral issue too, but it's definitely a legal one. No matter how reasonable, realistic, or germane to the plot, no one's story is special enough to break the law.
 
Back
Top