Pop Quiz: War!

Liar

now with 17% more class
The deadliest war since WWII was Korea. Estimated deaths, 5-7 million.

The second deadliest war since WWII is happening right now and is projected to take over the #2 spot as early as this spring.

Where is it?

nope. i think i'm right, but i should've gone with my gut and been more specific. unless i'm wrong then i shouldn't have. anyway, i've now cheated so i'll shut up even though i think i know the answer.

Afghanistan has been at war since 79 but I guess it doesn't count as one conflict.
Even if we did, it'd be many pegs down the list. The Soviet invasion, the Taliban civil war and the US invasion in total has a death toll of about 3 mil. Most during the Soviet era.

nope. i think i'm right, but i should've gone with my gut and been more specific. unless i'm wrong then i shouldn't have. anyway, i've now cheated so i'll shut up even though i think i know the answer.

Yeah. Right continent.

I'm just curious as to how many know there's even a war on there.

I've never seen numbers that high for the Korean War. Usually it's around 2 million.

Even if we did, it'd be many pegs down the list. The Soviet invasion, the Taliban civil war and the US invasion in total has a death toll of about 3 mil. Most during the Soviet era.

Holy shit! 3 million is not enough....
I guess killallhippies must be right about somewhere in Africa because that's the only place that a deathtoll that beats 3 mil. would not be talked about.

Damn, I feel ashamed that I don't know.

Most war numbers include that I think. I checked Wiki and they list it as between 400K and 4.5M.
I'll see if I can find the source for the Korea number in the article I read. It's in Swedish.

Fucking Belgians.

Belgian chocolate inspired by king Leopold's rule in Congo.

9.jpg

I'll see if I can find the source for the Korea number in the article I read. It's in Swedish.
A book by some Virgil Hawkins called Stealth Conflicts, apparently.

But as you (KRC. Yes, I quoted myself.) say, nobody else seems to cite that high a number for Korea. While 3-5 million dead seems consistent in the reporting about Congo. So congratulations to them for the top spot, I suppose?

Back