Western Trails (closed)

He chuckled, "Well only a dead man would not be able to see such a well-formed behind. Perhaps if you're done slaving over our meal, you should claim payment and make it less slavery and more a mutual compensation." Oh he knew that he was walking a thin line between inuendo and just plainly saying, but it was like he could not help himself. Even though Penny was scared of the world he lived in, she never backed away nor gave up on him. He was certain that she didn't stay with him because he was her only option to get back to her family, he knew that they both shared a feeling and for the first time in his life, he could accept that he loved.
 
"Well, that depends on the payment that you're willing to give to me." Penny commented as she banged her spoon on the side of the pan and turned to face him. "Perhaps I don't want what you have to offer me right now."

She was teasing of course and even as she said those words, she was taking a seat next to him with a soft smile on her lips as the dinner finished cooking over the campfire. John looked at her as if he were a man in love and she supposed that she shared the feeling completely. She had never loved Seth and had never truly thought of him as her husband. John...well, she could definitely see the benefit of being with him.
 
"Hmmm that could be a bit of a problem then. If I cannot repay cooking duties with hugs and kisses, then it will have to be a labor of slavery then." He placed an arm around her as she came to sit down next to him, in this light her hair had a lustrious golden glow about it, making it seemed like her face was framed with a golden light.

"Perhaps a deposit should be made, see if it is acceptable as payment?" He wore the same little smile that she had used, he must admit that this slight teasing was quite nice.
 
Penny smiled as John's arm wrapped around her waist and drew her close, teasing her further and he smiled down towards her. She suspected that John was a man that wasn't use to smiling, but it was definitely charming to see.

"Well, I suppose that would be alright." Penny murmured, tilting her head towards him in order to accept the payment that he wanted to give to her.
 
And for the first time in a long time, he did exactly what she asked, even if not in words, but through her actions. He lowered his head and touched his lips to her own. They felt vibrant and soft under his, he deepened the kiss slightly, placing a more pressure on her lips, drawing her slightly closer with the arm which was around her. Mindful of course of the wound that she had gotten not too long ago, yet not treating her like she might break.

It wasn't their first kiss, but for him, this was a much better one, one that came from more than attraction, from more than just want, it came from a place so deep inside of him that he was actually unaware that it still existed. All of these thoughts passed by in a fleeting moment as they kissed.
 
Penny felt her heart stutter slightly as John kissed her within an inch of her life. She smiled against his lips as he pulled her close and gave her a kiss of true passion. She had never known a man to kiss like that. Seth kissed her to possess her. John kissed her until she felt breathless and incredibly damp.

Her fingers curled against his shirt, drawing him a little closer. She wanted to melt into him, to hold him close and never let him go.
 
The kiss held for a long moment, he could feel her pushing herself against him, could feel her returning the kiss with equal abandon and he could feel his own joy at her acceptance of him. He was sure that she had feelings for him, hell he knew she loved him, but it still felt good to feel and know it to be so.

He slowly parted their lips and gazed down into her eyes, "How does the down-payment suit you?"
 
"I'll have to collect the rest very soon." Penny said with a smile as he looked down into her eyes. "But right now, our meal is ready and I know if I don't feed you, I'll be dealing with a grumpy bear."

She pressed her lips against his cheek gently before she stood to start dishing up the food, a happy smile nearly permanently etched on her features.
 
"A grumpy bear? Me? Neeever?" He smiled as she continued to fix their dinner, outside the wind had died down, but there was a mellow feel to the air, making it feel almost heavy, though not overly so. He knew that inside of the cave with its natural ventilation, the air would be more pleasant and since the sun had set already, the air would not be unpleasant anyway.

He took the offered food and cup of coffee and waited for Penny to sit down again, he took a sip of the coffee and then started to eat. As usual Penny showed just what a great cook she was and John enjoyed every bite just about as much as her company.
 
"Hmmm...." Penny said as he tried to protest that he was a grumpy bear when he didn't get his food. "We'll have to see about that."

Once the food was dished up and they were both settled down with their cups of coffee, she let out a long sigh and relaxed. She couldn't wait until they were back in civilization, a soft bed and a proper stove to cook on. Still, there was a certain charm to being out there in the wilderness with this man that meant so much to her.
 
Once the food was done and they had cleaned up, John found himself sitting on a comfortable rock once more. He looked as Penny still did some of her bustling, he caught her hand as she passed him and drew her down into his lap, silencing any protest she might have had with a long, deep kiss.

When they parted he gave her a small grin, "You are to receive your full payment now."
 
Penny wasn't prepared for John to grab her by the hand and pull her into his lap, kissing her with a long and slow lingering embrace. She sighed happily, her fingers curling in the front of his shirt as he finally ended the moment and told her that he was giving her the full payment she deserved.

"I've got a million things that I need to do and you've still got a bum shoulder. There's no need for you to get all excited." Penny said with a smile as she made no move to get out of his embrace. "It's nice of you to think of me, though."
 
He met her words with a smile, "My shoulder will be just fine. And those million things to do can wait." He lifted his hand and brushed aside a stray strand of hair, his fingertips slowly stroking over her cheek and jaw, he leaned in and kissed her once more.

He was sure that her protests was mild and almost token, it wasn't like she would not want to participate and he knew for a fact that he wanted to. Ever since they found this cave and the weather had picked up, he knew. Now it was just to overcome her protests.
 
He was trying to seduce her. Penny thought his attempts were sweet and she did smile as he gently brushed aside her stray hair, his fingers trailing over her cheek and throat. She was about to protest again when he was suddenly kissing her. All thoughts were gone at that point, flying out the window as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him tight. A soft whimper left her lips as she let herself relax into the moment, prepared to tackle whatever head on.
 
He loved how she seemed to melt against him. Her lips and tongue becoming active and willing participants in their little dance of pleasure. And pleasure it was, her soft hair under his touch, her soft, pliable body pushed up against his own and her arms wrapped around him. No man could ask for more.

Since there was no bloodthirsty men chasing them, they had all the time in the world and he was taking that time. Kissing her, holding her close, his hands slowly stroking her back. No rush at all.
 
Penny had never known a man like John before. He cared for her and he wanted to make sure that she had everything that she could want. He was so different from Seth and part of her wanted to fall for him quickly. Her heart, however, was still slightly bruised and she knew that she had to be cautious until she was absolutely comfortable with him. She was sure that moment was coming soon, though.

"It's been a while since you've undressed me." Penny murmured as their kiss broke and she found herself looking deeply into his gaze. "Think you're up for the challenge?"
 
He gave her a small smile,

"Well then, if the memory fails, I am sure that you will help and if you do not, I always have a skinning knife handy to get rid of any pesky clothes in my way."

He winked at her and to prove his memory still intact, well when it comes to her blouse, he started to undo the buttons at the top, leaning in to kiss every bit of flesh bared as he continued to undo buttons.
 
"If you dare use a knife on my clothing, I will personally skin you. It's been a while since I had a new outfit and we only just bought this one." Penny threatened gently as John unbuttoned her blouse, kissing at her throat and upper chest.

A small sigh left her lips as she moved her fingers to tangle in his hair, pulling him close and welcoming him into her embrace. She had truly missed him and having him back to full strength was a very good feeling.
 
Soon enough he met the material of her corset and as his fingers continued to unbutton her blouse, he returned his soft kisses over her skin, exposing her shoulders to his lips as he pushed the unbuttoned blouse from her body. It didn't take his fingers long to find the lace of her corset, after a brief struggle, he undid the knot and unlaced the material, allowing it to fall away when he finished with it.

He leaned up then, kissing her lips, drawing her closer to him, his fingers once more finding the soft silk of her hair and ran slowly through them.
 
Penny shivered as she suddenly found herself bare chested in John's arms. He made quick work of her blouse and her corset, leaving her naked from the waist up as he kissed her so intensely. She whimpered softly as his fingers ran through her hair, pulling her close to press against his warmth. She had dreamed about this moment since the first time they had made love on the trail and it was hard to believe that this was actual reality.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" She asked him in a whispered voice as the kiss ended and she looked at him with concern.
 
He smiled gently at her concern and ran the back of his right-hand's fingers over her cheek,

"I am fine, there is nothing to worry about."

He lowered his head and kissed her neck gently, placing soft kisses upwards and along her jaw.

"Do I not seem alright?"
 
"You weren't alright for a very long time. I would hate to see you get ill again just because you were stubborn enough to try and bed me." Penny murmured as he ran the back of his fingers over her cheek and then lowered his head to kiss at her throat and jaw. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you, John. It's happened so many times in the past that it frightens me."
 
He smiled at her, "I'm not stubborn enough to get myself killed. Or perhaps I can be, for the right reasons." He searched her eyes, "And I will not do anything to hurt you. So harming myself is not going to happen."

It felt weird to be honest. The fact that a person could care so much about him. He couldn't remember what that felt like. He was certain that his own parents had loved him and cared for him. He would not have avenged them otherwise. But it was long ago, hidden under many lives lost and many more met.

He slid his arms around her, holding her tight, "I think this pesky shirt should go."
 
Penny listened to his heartfelt words, knowing that he really did care about her by the way that he looked her. He was honest in his speech, his gaze telling her that he was never going to willingly let her go if it were up to him. She gave him a small smile, pressing her forehead against his own as he held her close and mentioned his shirt.

"I think it needs to go too." She whispered, her smile growing wider as she pressed her lips against his own and her fingers reached for the buttons that were standing between them.
 
He returned her kiss, his hands slowly sliding over the naked skin of her back, through her hair and finally over her sides. He only broke contact to help her to get the shirt off, then drew her against him once more, her naked skin pushing up against his own. The swell of her breasts delivering a delicious pressure against his chest and he once more marveled at the softness of her skin.

The kiss had to come to an end and it did, but it was one of those moments that you really didn't mind about it as there was more to be had and more is exactly what he took. Kissing her once more, reveling in the fact that he could do so.
 
Back
Top