How is the site moderator doing?

How is Torg doing as a moderator?


  • Total voters
    36

hell_kaiserV2

Experienced
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Posts
70
Since one user is insisting that our moderators are doing poor jobs, let's put it to a public vote and see what everyone thinks about our moderators.

This topic is only for discussing the site mod, Torg, only Torg since he's the most or only active moderator, and is only to discuss his work as a moderator. Opinions on threads on the site are not judged here. Please vote, and I'll keep a real poll in this post, in case a certain troll uses multiple accounts to swing the vote a certain way. And please post as well, to explain why you voted the way you did.

True count:

Total Votes: 29
Excellent: 21 (72.41%)
Okay: 3 (10.35%)
Terrible: 2 (6.89%)
Other (positive): 3 (10.35%)
Other (negative): 0 (0%)

Ignored votes:

tnadnuder - alternate of rippitydoo

Overall approval of Torg as a moderator: 93.11%
 
Last edited:
Since he's all alone, I wanted to say excellent and call his short comings a result of being overburdened. However, lilguy's problem, especially at this point and even with the TJChurch situation, must be held against him. So somewhere between okay and excellent.
 
I agree with you here too, but I didn't really think it through and took the excellent option. I got impressed by the time consuming work he's been putting down lately, but I guess he's made some mistakes too. If he really is the only moderator than I'll stick with the excellent option, if not than somewhere between okay and excellent is probably about right.

I don't think approved threads should be deleted unless the editor or the author asks for it, but I don't know if that has happened or not. It's a difficult job and I appreciate that someone is doing it.
 
Last edited:
Since he's all alone, I wanted to say excellent and call his short comings a result of being overburdened. However, lilguy's problem, especially at this point and even with the TJChurch situation, must be held against him. So somewhere between okay and excellent.

I agree completely with this. I still picked excellent, which was a bit generous due to the lilguy situation.
 
Since he's all alone, I wanted to say excellent and call his short comings a result of being overburdened. However, lilguy's problem, especially at this point and even with the TJChurch situation, must be held against him. So somewhere between okay and excellent.

You hit the nail on the head with Sunder.
 
Personally I can't fault the guy, yes it's been a tricky situation with certain members of the community but as he's on his own with moderating duties it's understandable that he'd "go off the deep end" with no one else to balance out his ideas and plans.
 
Where is lilguy's comment? I can't find it. I'd like to know what his issues are.

I've been transferring his stories to his new ID. So maybe that will improve his outlook.
 
Also, mixermix, mind telling us whether or not your vote is supposed to be positive or negative? I think we all know your reasons, but in the end I need to know if they make you like or dislike Torg as a moderator so I can fix the true count. I'm using your own post for now.

Can I say for the record I have nothing against the moderators of the site
 
Last edited:
Man, to put up with what I've read through recently, the mod seems like a saint. I can't help but imagine what a toll such a burden takes, though, and as a user particularly of the Chyoo site, I can't help but expect more changes ahead. I emphasize this given its current state.

I don't want to denounce Torg or anything, but I find it acceptable to expect a lapse or something after doing all that work I've read up on. Maybe I'm just trying too hard to find a middle-ground since I'm still unfamiliar with this community. I've had big projects before, and I needed a break every once in a while, even when I reached a portion that seemed either crucial or as if I could have muddled through it, forcing my way.

A pat on the back at the very least is in order, unless it now sounds like I'm kissing up.

Okay, well, to give one criticism, it seems like perhaps we could use more forum moderators to lighten the load of any one moderator--just so long as they're as trustworthy and un-opinionated as the ones we have now. The last thing you want on a website of this content is someone saying, "No, I hate that, so you can't do that here." It must be hard to staff for a site that premises itself on catering to creative independence. But as I'm still new here, maybe you're not actually as burdened as I might imagine.
 
Last edited:
Excellent

From my limited perspective, it is awesome that Torg is far more consistent in his activity with the community than me. His judgement seems consistent as well. That coupled with it being volunteer work makes it cardinal in value. Probably without much gratitude reflected back.
 
Well I would just like to add that I think he is doing good. I've been reading up on some of the situations and even commented about one. I'm relatively new to the forum but have been on CHYOO for a probably five years now (Possibly longer if you include being a reader and not a writer) and until recently I was happily just working on my own stories and enjoying the freedom to create my little worlds and was happy to share those worlds with everyone else.

Now I do have a certain someone I don't want to share them with. Its this person's own fault and the more I look into it the less I want him anywhere near my stories. Torg happily answered any questions and concerns I had and from what I see he is doing the best he can in the situations he has found himself in.

(I intentionally didn't name this certain person I don't want around my stories but I'm sure if he reads this he will not be able to stop himself from commenting so I'm sure those who don't know who I mean will see him soon enough.)
 
if it helps

he fix my problem for the most part

We all still have trouble adding to stuff...but that should be fix soon
 
Since one user is insisting that our moderators are doing poor jobs, let's put it to a public vote and see what everyone thinks about our moderators.

This topic is only for discussing the site mod, Torg, only Torg since he's the most or only active moderator, and is only to discuss his work as a moderator. Opinions on threads on the site are not judged here. Please vote, and I'll keep a real poll in this post, in case a certain troll uses multiple accounts to swing the vote a certain way. And please post as well, to explain why you voted the way you did.

True count:

Total Votes: 29
Excellent: 21 (72.41%)
Okay: 3 (10.35%)
Terrible: 2 (6.89%)
Other (positive): 3 (10.35%)
Other (negative): 0 (0%)

Ignored votes:

tnadnuder - alternate of rippitydoo

Overall approval of Torg as a moderator: 93.11%
If the moderator is doing so well, why is it that when I try to advance any of my stories I come up with a blank page and therefore stuck with just the begining of a story and no more. What is the problem with the site?
 
If the moderator is doing so well, why is it that when I try to advance any of my stories I come up with a blank page and therefore stuck with just the begining of a story and no more. What is the problem with the site?

What you're asking is "Why isn't the moderator doing the job of an administrator?" This question is comparable to "Why don't you, BJ, fix the site?" None of the moderators nor the users have access to the code, meaning we can't fix this ourselves. We can't make Manu fix this either due to either not knowing his exact location, the existence of morality, or fear of the consequences of such an approach (and that's assuming none of us agree with Nietzsche).

We have workarounds that you should read and will allow you to advance a story. Beyond that, don't hold people responsible for problems they never created and cannot fix.
 
My interpretation of events is that the site's owners are not present (read as: bored with the site), and neither is Chyoo2's coder (set it and forgot it), leaving the only people around the rule moderators (who weren't even given tape to patch things up with). I think some other people elaborated on their own personal decisions as well, up above.
 
It says there are 6k some stories, but I went to create one and it was marked as # 7K something, I say that new leadership is needed: I call for a vote of no confidence in the site's leadership!
 
It says there are 6k some stories, but I went to create one and it was marked as # 7K something, I say that new leadership is needed: I call for a vote of no confidence in the site's leadership!
not worth a fuck,you cant get literotica out of your mail box,they are too stupid to follow instructions and delete your account,a bunch of fuck heads.
 
Mod_LordGord

Hi,_I_want_to_report_that_the_mod_of-the_chat
LordGord_is_an_abusive_asshole_towards_me
for-just_only_my_keyboard!_I_was_kindly_asking_him
for_help_with-the-site,_instead_he_was_insulting_my_spacebar
and_now-_he-banned-from-the_chat_for_just_that!
What_kind-of_scam_this_site-is?!_No_wonder_hardly_
much_people-come_here!

Mod_is_a_bitch_has-no_goddamn_respect_with_me_or_my_keyboard,_fuck-him!

https://i.imgur.com/Y1ET3Jd.png

Here_is_my_screenshot_for_proof!

:mad:His_behavior_is_very_unacceptible!_I_was_only_asking_For_help
he_refused_to_help,_acting_like_the_fucking_jerk_he_is!
I_don't_appreciate-this_fucked_up_mod_or_his_fucked_up_site_Im_leaving_it!
This_site_better_off_GONE!

Fuck_you_Lord_Gord_my_ass!
 
Back
Top